University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mental Illness vs Spiritual Condition and the System
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Introfeel
Posted 1/24/2015 4:42 PM (#25807)
Subject: Mental Illness vs Spiritual Condition and the System

New user

Hi ALL,

Unfortunately not everyone goes through life knowing about metaphysics and when you learn you may find that there are ways that metaphysics could have been a better approach to the help that you need to be healthy. What psychiatrists call mental illness is often if not always a spiritual condition. How many of you have had the displeasure of dealing with the medical profession when what you really need is a metaphysician. It's a lifetime of debilitating medications with side effects, or dealing with the root dynamics of spiritual development issues vs psychiatric disorder and disease. I want to hear stories of how people got free of the system or if someone can tell me how to do it myself. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia, but when they say I'm ill I'm really having the time of my life so it's not disease, which brings us to disorder which I am not disordered because I am able to formulate living plans if I start from the point before this all started. That's the problem. I've been in the system for 25 years and am 50 years old and now I'm trying to become independent of the medical profession and social services and live a spiritual life. Any advice?

In the meantime...I look forward to interacting in this forum and going to the school.

Shawn
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Disa
Posted 1/31/2015 11:54 AM (#25824 - in reply to #25807)
Subject: Re: Mental Illness vs Spiritual Condition and the System

Alumni

Welcome, Shawn.

I don't have any advice and have not been through what you are describing. I did just want to say hello and if you are going to the school I really do hope you find what you are seeking. I'm not qualified to say whether metaphysics is the answer to All mental health issues, but I do know that getting to the root causes of many issues is very helpful for people. My biological father was dx as schizophrenic and I am very much aware of how he felt about the various medications and treatments. He was an extremely spiritual person, but still seemed to need the medical profession and social services. I'm not sure it's an either/or thing in all cases. Nevertheless, best of luck to you on your journey. Be sure to request access to the student area if you are a student, and you haven't already.

Edited by Disa 1/31/2015 11:55 AM
Aquarius
Posted 2/24/2015 2:32 PM (#25880 - in reply to #25807)
Subject: RE: Mental Illness vs Spiritual Condition and the System

UMS Guest

Dear Introfeel - welcome in our midst. The theme you are touching upon here and your reflections on it is a view I have held for a great many years. To help you make progress on the road of recovery and of healing yourself, I can think of nothing better than to get started by reading:

•    ‘Depression – the Way out of your Prison’ by Dr. Dorothy Rowe
•    ‘Beyond Fear’ by Dr. Dorothy Rowe
•    ‘The Courage to Live’ by Dr. Dorothy Rowe

The first book is my all time favourite because reading it, many years ago, truly was a life-changing experience for me. However, there were no bright flashes of enlightening, but a gradually awakening understanding within me that we always have choices in life; and that we do not have to put up with circumstances that are no longer right for us and possibly never were.

Over some time, this led me into the realisation that this freedom of choice brings with it the responsibility of acting on our knowledge and learning to choose wisely. To me, the greatest beauty and attraction of Dr. Rowe’s writings always has been that she does not come across as one of those ‘oh, so spiritual’ writers. If anything, she is the opposite. Her writings are in a class of their own; although they are of a deeply spiritual nature, she insists on telling her readers that this is not so. And she is right; on the surface of things, her books are not spiritual ones. It’s hard to explain, but if you have never read any of her works, you really have missed out on something.

From ‘Further Reading From My Bookshelf’

With love – Aquarius

Edited by Aquarius 2/24/2015 2:32 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software