University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need help with Tarot
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

me2cali
Posted 10/2/2006 5:35 PM (#982)
Subject: Need help with Tarot

I'm doing a tree of life reading. Int the 6th position is the king of disks, in the 7th the 7 of swords and in the 9th is 5 of discs. My understand is that discs and swords are contradictory. So, my ? are:
1. Is the card in pos 6 ill dignified due to it's nearness to the 7 of swords?
2. Is the 7 of swords ill dignified b/c of it's nearness to the king of disks &/or the 5 of discs. And does this weaken it's meaning even more b/c it's sandwiched between 2 cards that it contradicts?
3. Is the 5 of discs ill dignified due to it's nearness to the 7 of swords?

Also, just my intuition (& I may be VERY wrong) tells me that there should be some significance to a 7 turning up in the 7 position. They both have the same vices & virtues. That to me would indicate some significance. Does it???

Man, this learning the tarot thing is HARD. Just when I think I get it all down, a new situation pops up.

Any other info would help this student.

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Christine Breese
Posted 10/4/2006 11:31 PM (#991 - in reply to #982)
Subject: RE: Need help with Tarot

UMS

Hi there, I'm not quite sure about the 6 and 7 that you're talking about, I've never worked with the tree of life as a layout for a tarot reading. However, one thing I've learned about tarot is that there really isn't one formula that works for every reading across the board. While the same cards in one reading may mean one thing, in the next reading it might not mean the same for another person. it depends on who you're reading for, and the cards act more like triggers for your own intutition. See what you FEEL when you get a certain card or layout, that's always been a sure fire way to get an accurate reading. While the card have general meanings, thos meanings can change a little from reading to reading depending on the other cards around them and the person you're reading for. I know that sounds a little vague, it's hard to describe how and wy it works... Hope that helps a little.
Aquarius
Posted 10/11/2006 12:28 PM (#1005 - in reply to #982)

UMS Guest

Dear Friend,

What kind of a tarot are you using? Have you ever tried 'The Medicine Woman Tarot' by Carol Bridges or maybe the Angel Tarot by Doreen Virtue? They'll help you to get a more spiritual slant on your understanding of the Tarot and its meanings. When you do a reading, how about saying a little prayer first? First I would give thanks for the gift of the Tarot in your hands and then ask that the Tarot should reveal its ancient wisdom to you, in a way that you can understand. You could ask God and the Angels to guide and protect you, and that all you need to know may come into your conscious awareness now. Something like this - be creative, be intuitive - follow your inner feelings, for they are the guidance of your inner and Highest Self, which is always trying to show you the way. If you but listen, it may in due course astonish you. Good luck with developing your intuitive processes.

With love and light - Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 10/12/2006 11:49 AM (#1009 - in reply to #982)

UMS Guest

As a P.S. to yesterday's message, I would like to add that the Doreen Virtue cards are not an Angel Tarot; they are just Angel cards and very, very beautiful. As I use them just like a tarot, I slipped up and gave them a slightly wrong name. Apologies for this.

Love - Aquarius

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software