University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What Do You Think About Medical Marijuana?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

paddy
Posted 8/1/2010 3:02 AM (#19703 - in reply to #962)
Subject: RE: What Do You Think About Medical Marijuana?

I know a person who suffers from Chronic Pain Syndrome who regularly uses Medical Marijuana in order to manage her condition. In her case, the slightest touch in the wrong spot can set her off into a pain hallucination which is completely debilitating, and so managing life to avoid that is important so that she can do very basic things: eat, go to the bathroom, sleep, twitter, and talk on the phone. Despite her limitations, she is quite social and belongs to a world wide support group of people who suffer in a similar way. I think it is interesting that with the immense pain they endure, they are rendered hypersensitive. (Often there are episodes of pain flare ups shared in this group coinciding with earthquakes.)

California is a state of pioneers who often show by way of example other ways of life. I think the TV show "Weeds" helps people think differently about Weed. Much of California Culture seems open minded about the place Medical Marijuana can occupy in providing value to society. It provides legitimate jobs for growers and distributers with many opportunities of science in its growth and various hybridizations of the plant. It offers Doctors a choice in prescription with little side effect downside. It lends many disabled people some quality of life to higher degrees than they would be able to manage without it. Learning about people contending with disabilities can foster states of compassion in others. Helping people grow compassionate is valuable. I argue that the with some degree of comfort, a disabled person may then be better able to choose a path of spiritual seeking.

paddy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BullHorn
Posted 8/5/2010 4:57 AM (#19807 - in reply to #962)

Good to see activity in this topic considering it has been 3 years since anyone's posted on it.

Paddy- I agree that california is a pioneering state as it pertains to the usage of medical cannabis. Hopefully this November, the people of california will vote to allow adults to enjoy a plant that has been with us for a very long time. I've been doing alot of research regarding hemp/cannabis and found some very interesting info.

For example- the bible mentions the holy annointing oil in exodus and although contemporary interpretations of the bible fail to properly translate the list of ingredients, the original hebraic word found in the earliest writings is Kaneh-Bosm. (KANNA-BIS)
Also, much of the textiles and burning oil was made from both male and female hemp plants during "biblical" times. Most likely the very clothes that "jesus" wore were made from hemp fibers.

Anyways- I could go on and on haha!

On a serious note- hemp/cannabis could literally save the world from the damage humans have caused. Read the book "the emperor wears no clothes"- by Jack Herer and perpare to have your mind blown.

Earlier in this topic someone seemed to have a very negative view regarding the use of mind-altering substances. Most archaeologists and anthropologists agree that these types of substances were a part of everyday life during the neolithic period. I think it would be extremely short sighted to dismiss these substances as something evil and not "appropriate" to acheiving higher consciousness and/or enlightenment. There is a reason why these substances contain specific neurotransmitters that happen to fit perfectly into the neuroreceptors found in the human body. The substances are not good or evil. They are just another energetic expression of the universe like you and me and we have the ability to communicate with them by combining our DNA with the DNA of the substance. What WE do with this synergy is what gives it a bad or good reputation.

Anyways, I hope that everyone that reads this is doing well and I also hope there is more discussion in this thread.

A plant that can heal the the body and mind while also providing us with textiles, biofuel and food in abundance, is something not to be overlooked and it must be defended. This plant can help millions if not billions of people and if you dismiss it based on preconceived opinions, you are not a worker of light.

Ken

BullHorn
Posted 8/5/2010 5:12 AM (#19808 - in reply to #962)

Just had a moment of synchronicity- After just submitting my prior post, I went back to to my studies and was perusing the "religious and spiritual use of cannabis" (wiki) I followed the link of citiation # 1 which referred me to a book by Peter C. Rogers Ph.d "Ultimate Truth: Book 1"
I then googled Peter and the first link that came up was one for umsonline.org which I clicked and there was his name- a UMS alumni.
I love it when the universe and myself come together like this- its magical! hehe

Ken
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/14/2011 6:25 PM (#21466 - in reply to #19808)

PhD Alumni

Marijuana has been here before (still rummaging around lookignfor NE's photographs and this came up!)
mruppert
Posted 3/15/2011 9:46 PM (#21471 - in reply to #21466)

You are in the attic and digging through old portmanteaus!

People smoke, drink and take all sorts of mood enhancers and this is still an issue?

History teaches us that we CANNOT legislate morality. If people want to drink, they will do it, the law be darned. If people want to smoke pot, they are going to do it, the law be darned.

Will people who engage in these things be responsible? Well, YES, they will be more responsible than corporate entities or government entities who care less whether you live or die.

Peace Signs and Stockwood,

Martian and aliens Lucky, Poppy, Sisssssssssy  (she has a snakelike tongue)

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software