University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Food For Thought
[Frozen]

Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 >
Now viewing page 31 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Aquarius
Posted 6/23/2015 8:11 AM (#26385 - in reply to #26384)
Subject: Re: Food For Thought

UMS Guest

Come Fly With Me

The German philologist, philosopher, cultural critic, poet and composer Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche, 1844-1900, was a devout Christian. In ‘Thus Spake Zarathustra’, first published 1883-1885, he wrote what were to become his most famous words: ‘God is dead.’ However, as most people these days do not know, he did not stop there but continued: ‘God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become Gods simply to appear worthy of it?’

In Nietzsche’s time it was too early to discover that in truth each and every one of us is young God in the making and that the Jesus story is one of the many educational tools of the Highest and therefore should not be taken literally. If this were not the case, it would not bear thinking about what kind of a monstrous Karmic debt our race would have created by murdering Jesus. As on the inner level of life we are all one huge monad, this liability would now be lying at our collective doorstep demanding redemption.

To protect us against such a fate, the infinite wisdom and love of our Father/Mother Creator decided to present our world with a legend that depicts of what a spiritual Master’s pathway through Earth life should consist. The tale was given in this form, so that in due course each one for themselves – with the help of their inner guidance – should be able to come to the conclusion that in truth the Jesus story is a myth and not something that actually took place in the realities of Earth life.

One of the main lessons this tale teaches us at the present level of our race’s spiritual development is that, if one insists on focussing too much on the messenger and loses too much time over discussing whether he ever existed on the Earth plane or not, one is in danger of never finding and understanding the essence of what the myth is and always has been trying to bring us.

In ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’
the voice of Judas Iscariot complains:
‘Every time I look at you
I don’t understand,
Why you let the things you did
Get so out of hand,
You’d have managed better,
If you’d had it planned.
Now why’d you choose such a backward time
And such a strange land?’

If Jesus had ever existed, he would have been a highly evolved Master soul, an elevated and noble being who would never dream of making empty promises, which are impossible to keep when the going gets tough on the Earth plane for his followers. Isn’t this in itself sufficient proof that he only ever existed as a legend and a symbol to show us the goodness and kindness, the fair and just behaviour and thinking, which every one of us, as a child of the Highest, is required to develop in the course of bringing forth and developing our own Christ nature?

This aspect of humankind’s nature has been waiting long enough to come alive in ever more of us. It awakens as soon as we reach a sufficiently high evolutionary level. However, before it can do this in any one of us, we have to imbibe the lessons that familiarise us and our world with the lower and lowest human characteristics. Whether we like the thought of it or not, they are ours, the same as everybody else’s. Only when this part of our education has been attended to satisfactorily can our higher nature slowly begin to push through the inner gates of our consciousness. The more we endeavour to express its qualities in all our encounters, the more our own noble birth as offspring of the Highest and young God in the making reveals itself.

As Nietzsche put it: ‘And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.’ Can you hear the music I am making and are you dancing? Are you flying by any chance? On another occasion Nietzsche said: ‘You have your way. I have my way. As for the right, correct and only way, it does not exist.’ However, when it comes to our kind of flying, I do believe it does. As no-one can do this on a legend’s borrowed wings, in the end everybody has to grow their own and learn how to fly on those of God’s sacred wisdom and truth.

To my astonishment a friend recently asked me whether my writings were some kind of a religion. To me, the freedom of the Aquarian Age means no longer needing religious organisations with their long outdated dogmata and creeds. In my world you can walk hand in hand with God and the Angels and/or fly on the mighty wings of the Great White Eagle, the Divine Spirit. They are waiting to help you find your own truth, while partaking in some of that which they have for many years been giving to our world through me.

I for one am glad and deeply grateful that the Angels are in charge of us and our world, and not we – humankind. Approximately six thousand years of patriarchy have been a mock run and a demonstration of what happens when the reins are placed into human hands. I shudder at the thought of what would have happened to us and our poor planet, if the patriarchy had continued. There is no doubt in my mind that all of this experience has been part of our Creator’s great plan of life.

My writings represent the plane of life where I have been dwelling for quite some time by now. They are my way of bringing a small piece of Heaven down to the Earth, for all to share who are ready to spend some of their precious time with me. In his poem ‘Die Teilung Der Welt – The Dividing Of The World’ Friedrich Schiller, 1759-1805, wrote:

‘What shall I do?’ said Zeus, ‘the world I have given away,
The autumn, the hunting, the market are no longer mine.
Yet, if you want to live in My Heaven with Me,
Whenever thou comest, it shall be open unto thee.’

The same is true for Rays of Wisdom, an outer reflection and manifestation of my inner Heaven. Its door is always open and all are welcome at any time of day and night. So, come and help yourself to anything you like – it’s yours to take.

Recommended Reading:

God bless and happy and safe flying, always.

From ‘Astrology On The Healing Journey’

Edited by Aquarius 6/23/2015 8:16 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 6/23/2015 3:12 PM (#26386 - in reply to #23562)

PhD Alumni

Dear Aquarius

Your good intentions and blessings are warmly received. Thank you.

But I have to say I find it difficult when you keep coming back and back, repeatedly, to your version of what you call, 'the Jesus story', or 'legend', or 'if', or whatever; with the concomitant intepretations you place upon it.

There are so many reasons why I feel that, and I have tried to explain at various times why. You differ and disagree, which is fair enough. Yet you continue to present your interpretation as the facts of the matter.

On this occasion, I find it particularly difficult because 'our race' did not 'murder' Jesus: yet that was the myth promulgated by the Nazis that, 'the Jews murdered Christ': a calumny that has haunted Judaism for 2,000 years and been the source and root of much anti-Semitism. Yet in my view, there is good evidence that Jesus lived - and died - a historical figure: as I have tried to demonstrate to you before in a number of comments. Can you not accept that inasmuch as that your writings do contain a kind of dogma, and pervay a great number of concepts that require an unevidenced belief system far more exotic than anything in Christianity? Concepts that are in themselves based on religious - or quasi religious - sources that also predate (and postdate) Christianity, not least Advayita, to which the UMS owes some of its philosophical bases.

If the Angels are in charge, then I shudder at their governance. I am not fan of patriarchy either, so pardon my gender as I write this.

Warm regards

Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 6/23/2015 3:14 PM
mruppert
Posted 6/23/2015 5:28 PM (#26387 - in reply to #23562)

Expert

My Dear Aqua,
......so much to say but I will make it very very very very brief.....why I just simply cannot take much of what is written here to seriously:

"like an Angel folds its wings" - from one of your posts
" they are beings of light, who have no physical bodies and because of this do not require wings" - from another, totally separate one of your posts.

Oh I know, I know, stories meant to teach a lesson.........but as I tried to point out, if the lessons are contradictory, they are really not worth learning or knowing.

And Paul, applying all the skills that I have as a historian, I venture to say and will defend the assertion that there was, indeed, a Jesus. Now if things in the Bible coincide with things he actually did that is all well and good, if not, tough religious toenails (but not historical toenails). That dude walked this earth, and if he did it on water, all the better for him and us!!

Peace and Pickles,
Marty and LuckyLee

I
Ophiucus
Posted 6/24/2015 3:58 AM (#26388 - in reply to #26387)

Forum Administrator

Hello All

J G Bennett, one of G I Gurdjieff's students, but also a very eminent thinker in his own right, travelled widely in the Near and Middle East in the 1920s, in part trying to locate the source of Gurdjieff's teachings, which he thought he had located in the Naq'shbandi sect of Sufism.

One of Bennett's ideas that emerged from his on-site researches, was that actually Judas had been instructed by Jesus to 'betray' him, because all of that was necessary for the drama of the Crucifixion, Death and Resurrection to play out. In that sense, Judas was in Bennett's view, the highest disciple (apart possibly from Mary Magdalen). Bennett cites the hidden-in-plain-light evidence of the Gospel narrative where Jesus tells Judas to, 'go and do what you must do'.

These ideas receive some support in the recently discovered - and earlier suppressed - Gnostic Gospels, so it seems to me.

Blessings

O

Aquarius
Posted 6/24/2015 8:03 AM (#26389 - in reply to #26387)

UMS Guest

mruppert - 6/23/2015 11:28 PM . . . Oh I know, I know, stories meant to teach a lesson.........but as I tried to point out, if the lessons are contradictory, they are really not worth learning or knowing. . .

Dearest Marty,

We are meant to pick and choose that which speaks to us and discard that which does not. Having said that, it's a good point you are making. The chapter 'Psychic Protection' is much older than the one 'About Angels', to which you are referring. I have permission to use White Eagle quotes, but only verbatim. I think I'll change the former a bit, following what my inner guidance tells me to do. Thanks for drawing my attention to it. Much appreciated.

With love - Aquarius 

P.S. I have just attended to this posting and made the necessary changes, to bring it up to date. Thanks again.

Edited by Aquarius 6/25/2015 7:56 AM
Aquarius
Posted 6/24/2015 8:04 AM (#26390 - in reply to #26389)

UMS Guest

The Message Of The Birds

Birds are the representatives of the Air element, the realm of thought and intellectual activities. They bring us the message that our spirit is free and that in thought we can indeed fly with any of the winged creatures wherever we please. On the wings of thought our spirit can lift itself above life on the Earth plane and gain glimpses into the higher and highest levels of existence. It is therefore by no means unrealistic to send our love and good wishes into the farthest and remotest corners of the Universe. They are sure to be received there, for thoughts are living things.

In the right hands, i.e. God’s, thoughts can and do create and destroy whole worlds and everything within them. As godlike creatures and young Gods in the making we too shall be capable of this, in the fullness of time. Meanwhile, we have been placed on the Earth so that we may learn how to master and take good care of our thought processes. It is up to each one of us individually to ensure that nothing harmful and unwanted for ourselves as well as our world is created by our thinking patterns.

As animal totems birds can assist us with acquiring higher knowledge. Air being the most ethereal of elements, the creatures inhabiting it are sent to help us find a new understanding of the hidden aspects of life that would otherwise remain invisible and hidden from our view. Closest to the Heavens, birds are our best allies when it comes to transmitting our hopes and aspirations to the Angels on the highest levels of existence. Birds represent physical and mental strength and sovereignty. Very important traits, particularly during times of transition in our lives and when it is necessary to get used to new surroundings.

Whenever birds catch our special attention somehow, they are sent to encourage and strengthen us, to boost our confidence and remind us that the highest powers are forever with us and watching over us, guiding and protecting every moment of our lives. Birds are good omens and their appearance is always some kind of a positive signal from the Highest. It is for us to decipher what it may mean.

On the mighty wings of the Great White Spirit, Father/Mother Creator of all life – one of whose symbols is a white eagle –, and hand in hand with the Angels it is our task, as aspiring healers and lightworkers, to lift our whole world high above the astral plane into the temple of healing in the heartmind of God, so that all its life and lifeforms may be cleansed and purified, blessed and healed.

Recommended Reading:

Recommended Viewing – best on full screen:

From ‘Astrology As A Lifehelp In Relationship Healing’

mruppert
Posted 6/24/2015 1:20 PM (#26391 - in reply to #26389)

Expert

Hello Aqua:

Your recent reply to me is truly food for thought..........I don't in any way mean to be impertinent, and ask only to clear up my total bewilderment. Do you know what you are posting?

Respectfully, 

Marty and LuckyLee

Aquarius
Posted 6/25/2015 7:57 AM (#26392 - in reply to #26391)

UMS Guest

Dear Aquarius / Dear Paul,

P: Your good intentions and blessings are warmly received. Thank you. But I have to say I find it difficult when you keep coming back and back, repeatedly, to your version of what you call, 'the Jesus story', or 'legend', or 'if', or whatever; with the concomitant interpretations you place upon it.

There are so many reasons why I feel this way and I have tried to explain it at various times. You differ and disagree, which is fair enough. Yet you continue to present your interpretation as the facts of the matter.

A: My writings do not represent my personal view and opinions. They are what my Highest Self – as a matter of fact, the Angels – are communicating to our world through me. I am their channel and they are speaking through me.

P: On this occasion, I find it particularly difficult because 'our race' did not 'murder' Jesus: yet that was the myth promulgated by the Nazis that, 'the Jews murdered Christ': a calumny that has haunted Judaism for 2,000 years and been the source and root of much anti-Semitism. Yet in my view, there is good evidence that Jesus lived - and died - a historical figure: as I have tried to demonstrate to you before in a number of comments.

A: Are you therefore not glad that the story of Jesus is but a myth and a legend? That the murder never took place and that there is no need for a guilt complex or looking for a scapegoat to blame humankind’s atrocities of the past can be put?

P: Can you not accept that inasmuch as that your writings do contain a kind of dogma, and purvey a great number of concepts that require an unevidenced belief system far more exotic than anything in Christianity? Concepts that are in themselves based on religious - or quasi religious - sources that also predate (and postdate) Christianity, not least Advaita, a Vedantic doctrine that identifies the individual self (atman) with the ground of reality (brahman). It is associated especially with the Indian philosopher Shankara ( circa 788–820), to which the UMS owes some of its philosophical bases.

A: Paul, you are the theologian and I am merely a layperson, who does not know about any of these things. It may well be that this is the main reason why I was chosen for the role I am playing in the great plan of life at present.

I hope and pray that one of these days your inner vision will open and your religious/theological/spiritual horizons expand sufficiently for you to understand  that the new spiritual knowledge we are now receiving is in no way a threat to the old religions of our world. There will come a time – if it hasn’t arrived already – when their more highly evolved followers will be capable of perceiving that in truth every bit of the new wisdom is meant to be an extension, an enhancement and enlargement of the ancient themes.

Intuitively, these wise ones will know that its appearance is part of a natural renewal process that can only come about through an improved understanding of the ancient themes and revealing their connection with the realities that lie beyond the horizons of earthly life. Open to the new knowledge that is now flowing from the Highest levels into the heart and soul of humankind, they appreciate that the only reason for its coming is to help us and our world move forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral of life.

P: If the Angels are in charge, then I shudder at their governance. I am not fan of patriarchy either, so pardon my gender as I write this. Warm regards – Paul

A: One of these days you WILL understand and there will no longer be any need for you to shudder.

With love – Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 6/25/2015 7:58 AM (#26393 - in reply to #26391)

UMS Guest

mruppert - 6/24/2015 7:20 PM. . . Your recent reply to me is truly food for thought..........I don't in any way mean to be impertinent, and ask only to clear up my total bewilderment. Do you know what you are posting?

Please let me know what's wrong with it.

With love - Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 6/25/2015 8:06 AM (#26394 - in reply to #26393)

UMS Guest

The Tale Of The Butterfly

Once upon a time, by the side of a dusty road in India sat an old beggar who was selling cocoons. He noticed that a young boy was watching for many days. Finally, the beggar beckoned to him and asked: ‘Have you any idea of what beauty lies within my cocoons?’ When the boy shook his head, the old man continued: ‘It is the home of a beautiful butterfly. I will give you one of my cocoons, so you can find out for yourself. But you must be careful with it and not handle it until the butterfly emerges.’

The boy was enchanted with his gift and hurried home to await the emergence of the butterfly. He laid the cocoon on the floor. Watching it, he became aware of a curious thing. The butterfly seemed to be beating its wings against the hard outer shell of its chrysalis. ‘The butterfly will surely perish before it can break free from its unyielding prison,’ the boy thought. ‘I have to help the poor creature!’

When he pried the cocoon open, out flopped a soggy brown and ugly thing that quickly died. After a while, the boy met the beggar again and told him what had happened. ‘Ah yes,’ the old man said: ‘It is necessary for the creature to beat its growing wings against the walls of its cocoon, until they have grown strong enough to support the butterfly, when it finally emerges into the light of day. Through its struggling alone can the butterfly’s wings become beautifully strong and durable enough to carry and support it. When this is denied to the creature, it dies because its only chance of survival has been destroyed.’

The butterfly is a symbol of transformation, because the life cycle of each one of them represents a microcosm of the macrocosm of humankind’s individual and collective evolutionary pathway. May the walls of everyone’s cocoon be just thick enough – and no more – to support us all in our struggle of breaking free from the entrapment of the cocoon of false beliefs and prejudices about our true nature that have kept us bound to the Earth plane for such a long take. May we all at long last take to our spiritual wings to aid our flight of growing and evolving into the beautiful beings we are truly meant to be.

Please allow a moment for the file to load.

Paul Joseph
Posted 6/25/2015 8:19 AM (#26395 - in reply to #26392)

PhD Alumni

Dear Aquarius

Well you have misrepresented and altered my post - paragraph 7 of your reply; I did not say what you have added about the Atman and the Brahman, as others can see if they refer back to my post. I wonder why you did that, and not mention that you had altered it?

I have never claimed to be a theologian at all, either - where have I said that?

I do have a great difficulty with the way you are talking to me and about me, making the kind of inferences you do about what my spiritual state is.

Kind regards

Paul
Aquarius
Posted 6/25/2015 10:58 AM (#26397 - in reply to #26395)

UMS Guest

Paul Joseph - 6/25/2015 2:19 PM Dear Aquarius Well you have misrepresented and altered my post - paragraph 7 of your reply; I did not say what you have added about the Atman and the Brahman, as others can see if they refer back to my post. I wonder why you did that, and not mention that you had altered it? I have never claimed to be a theologian at all, either - where have I said that? I do have a great difficulty with the way you are talking to me and about me, making the kind of inferences you do about what my spiritual state is. Kind regards Paul

Dear Paul,

I must have taken the copy I worked with before you edited and made some alterations to your posting. Sorry about that.

I had intended to reply yesterday, but in the end didn't get round to it. So I copied your posting into one of my files and wrote my reply this morning.

If you would you like me to take the item in question out, please let me know.

With love - Aquarius

Ophiucus
Posted 6/25/2015 1:06 PM (#26398 - in reply to #23562)

Forum Administrator

All

I am freezing this thread.

It has reached its best before date I think.

Let us keep the flame of searching, respect, and all things good yet unknown alive

Blessed Be and ..

Namaste

O
Jump to page : < ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 >
Now viewing page 31 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)