University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Food For Thought
[Frozen]

Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 >
Now viewing page 29 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Paul Joseph
Posted 6/6/2015 1:06 PM (#26313 - in reply to #26311)
Subject: RE: Food For Thought

PhD Alumni

Thanks Aquarius: but I suspect that when Jesus was having nails driven through his feet he did not feel much like a legend (there is archaeological evidence for the latter by the way).

I do not think the comparisons are equable - or do I mean comparable ..? - sorry.

Love
PJ

Edited by Paul Joseph 6/6/2015 1:08 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mruppert
Posted 6/6/2015 7:01 PM (#26314 - in reply to #26313)
Subject: Re: Food For Thought

Expert

Hello Aqua and Paul:
The message is not the message. -Martin Ruppert
"The medium IS the message." -Marshall McLuhan (emphasis mine)

Peacetronically yours,
Marty and LuckyLee, who is "Medium Cool" -Haskell Wexler
Aquarius
Posted 6/7/2015 7:26 AM (#26315 - in reply to #26314)

UMS Guest

Risks

‘Take risks, if you win, you will be happy,
If you lose, you will be wise.’ Anon

To the small earthly self life frequently is
A risky and scary business.
That’s why we usually dislike and resent the changes
The Universe has in store for us,
So that we may learn and grow
From as many and varied experiences as possible.
While the personality, our small earthly self,
Detests the changes, our spirit and soul rejoice,
Because they understand that this is the only way
The earthly self will ever discover its own true nature.

Risks have to be taken so that our approach to life
And the way we perceive its purpose transforms itself.
We need to shed the deeply ingrained wrong thinking
And behaviour patterns, prejudices and false beliefs
That create the obstacles and difficulties in our lives.
We have to say goodbye to anything that has outlived
Its usefulness, including people and places.

It is true that that life can be a risky thing when
Laughing sometimes carries the risk of appearing foolish,
Weeping may come across as sentimentality,
Reaching out for others to become involved with them
And exposing one’s feelings could reveal too much of our true self.
Hoping means risking despair.
Trying means risking failure.
Living brings the risk of dying.

So what?
Risks have to be taken.
The greatest hazard in life is risking nothing.
The one who risks nothing,
Does nothing, has nothing and is nothing.
Souls who hope that in this way they can avoid
The suffering and sorrows of this world are mistaken,
As these things are a necessary part of human growth and evolution.
The only thing that can be achieved by risking nothing
Is avoiding precious opportunities for
Learning, changing, growing, loving and living.

Souls who allow themselves to remain enslaved and enchained
By their false beliefs, rigid opinions and prejudices
Forfeit the only freedom we truly have and that is
The spiritual freedom to think and believe what our inner Self tells us is true,
And having the courage to act upon the knowledge
That we have come from love and that love alone can show us the way
Home into what we always have been and forever will remain:
Spirit and soul.

Only those who are willing to take the risk
Of loving all life the way our Creator loves us,
Unconditionally and wisely,
Can truly be free.

Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words Of Hope & Encouragement’

Aquarius
Posted 6/7/2015 7:27 AM (#26316 - in reply to #26314)

UMS Guest

mruppert - 6/7/2015 1:01 AM Hello Aqua and Paul: The message is not the message. -Martin Ruppert "The medium IS the message." -Marshall McLuhan (emphasis mine) Peacetronically yours, Marty and LuckyLee, who is "Medium Cool" -Haskell Wexler

Do not mistake the messenger for the message, I say.

With love - Aquarius

mruppert
Posted 6/7/2015 11:50 AM (#26317 - in reply to #26316)

Expert

And with regard to the Messenger:

(Voice of Judas)
Every time I look at you
I don't understand
Why you let the things you did
Get so out of hand
You'd have managed better
If you'd had it planned
Now why'd you choose such a backward time
And such a strange land?

If you'd come today
You could have reached a whole nation
Israel in 4 BC
Had no mass communication
(Don't you get me wrong)
Don't you get me wrong

(Only want to know)

Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ
Who are you? What have you sacrificed?
Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ
Superstar
Do you think you're what they say you are?
Jesus Christ
Superstar

Tell me what you think
About your friends at the top
Now who d'you think besides yourself
Was the pick of the crop?
Buddah was he where it's at?
Is he where you are?
Could Muhammad move a mountain
Or was that just PR?
Did you mean to die like that?
Was that a mistake or
Did you know your messy death
Would be a record breaker?

(Don't you get me wrong) Don't you get me wrong

(Only want to know) Only want to know
(Only want to know, now) Only want to know

Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ
Superstar
Jesus Christ
Superstar

Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ
Superstar

Put your earmuffs on Aqua and sashay over to Stocaustic Music...........

From the WPW (World Peace Web),

Marty and LuckyLee 

Aquarius
Posted 6/8/2015 6:47 AM (#26320 - in reply to #26317)

UMS Guest

In ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ the voice of Judas complains:

‘Every time I look at you
I don’t understand
Why you let the things you did
Get so out of hand
You’d have managed better
If you’d had it planned
Now why’d you choose such a backward time
And such a strange land?’

If Jesus had ever existed, he would have been a highly evolved Master soul, an elevated and noble being who would never dream of making empty promises that are impossible to keep when the going gets tough on the Earth plane for those who believe in him. Isn’t this in itself sufficient proof that Jesus only ever existed as a legend and a symbols that shows us the goodness and kindness, the fair and just behaviour and thinking, which every one of us will one day be capable of when are in the process of bringing forth and developing our own Christ nature?

This part of us  has for a very long been waiting to come alive in each one of us. It happens as soon as we have reached a sufficiently high evolutionary level in the course of imbibing the lessons that are necessary to familiarise us and our world with the lower and lowest human characteristics, which are ours, the same as everybody else’s. But when at last our higher nature comes to the fore and brings to bear its qualities upon our world, they reveal our own noble birth as offspring of the Highest and young Gods in  the making.

With love – Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 6/8/2015 6:58 AM (#26321 - in reply to #26320)

UMS Guest

Peace Prayer

I wish you warmth – in a world that has grown cold.
I wish you joy – for all your days,
To soothe your own sorrow and that of others.
I wish you wonder and a growing awareness that
The Glory and the love of our Creator
Manifests in all beings, places and things.

I wish you a sense of humour and the gift of smiling,
For they help to overcome our own fears and those of others.
I wish you silence,
In which to recognise the Will of our Creator
Who loves us and lives within each one of us,
As it reveals itself in you and your life.

I wish for peace in our world, within and without.
May it flow from the heart-mind of God
Into the farthest, remotest corners of our world,
To bless and heal us all.
May God’s Wisdom and Truth shine into every heart,
The only place where truth is known.

I wish that the creative fire, the ideas from the heartmind of God,
Lighten and warm everybody’s days,
So that Its dreams and visions can come true,
Through us and our world, and all worlds.
I wish for a renewal of faith in our world,
So that we may walk holding the hands
Of those who are frightened and in pain.
May God’s strength work through each and every one,
So that we all can share it.

I wish for the renewal of hope and faith and trust in our world,
So that all together we may ascend to the heights of Divine compassion.
I wish for God’s love to flow into every heart and soul,
So that we may all walk together hand in hand,
As one big family, peacefully and forever united.
With all my heart and all my soul and all my being,
I wish for peace, harmony, and healing
To come to our inner and outer world, and all worlds.

Although this is still a dream, I know in my heart of hearts
That one day it can and will come true,
Through all human souls, including you and me.
For when God’s love dwells again
In every heart and soul,
Anything can be achieved and all things will be possible.

Above all I wish for the gift of understanding
To come to every human heart and with it
The ability to stop taking things literally,
When the true meaning of something is
Hidden behind its surface words.

Amen

Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words & Prayers For Peace, Comfort & Healing’

mruppert
Posted 6/8/2015 6:06 PM (#26322 - in reply to #26320)

Expert

Hiho Aqua,

There is the fatal flaw.........humankind cannot and will not evolve into whatever higher beings or non-beings you claim there might be. Evolution and its primary mechanism simply does not work like that. Things do not evolve from crappy to perfect. AO's nemaroids may evolve further but they will not eventually grow arms and legs and join you for a cuppa and a crumpet.

You, me, Pauly, AO and even his worms might well experience "transcendence" and thereby profoundly change who and what we are. Many may transcend. But to hope that reading stuff, suffering earthquakes, experiencing famine, and blithely attributing these things to lessons to be learned, will create an environment which triggers natural selection to the point of spiritual transformation is.....well......is what it is.......

By the way, I think that we can see and therefore prove that exactly the opposite is happening, the evolution of mankind is downward, not upward.

With regard to legends, as well as stereotypes, there is most often fact behind each. It may not be the facts we want, but the facts are facts just the same. Thus, I cannot dismiss the existence of someone whom we call Jesus.  I can find all kinds of things wrong about the activities of Jesus according to the Bible, a book which you yourself quote from, but that taints the book, not the person.

Peace and Scones,

Marty and LuckyLee 

Aquarius
Posted 6/9/2015 6:54 AM (#26324 - in reply to #26322)

UMS Guest

mruppert - 6/9/2015 12:06 AM . . . humankind cannot and will not evolve into whatever higher beings or non-beings you claim there might be. Evolution and its primary mechanism simply does not work like that. Things do not evolve from crappy to perfect. AO's nemaroids may evolve further but they will not eventually grow arms and legs and join you for a cuppa and a crumpet.

You, me, Pauly, AO and even his worms might well experience "transcendence" and thereby profoundly change who and what we are. Many may transcend. But to hope that reading stuff, suffering earthquakes, experiencing famine, and blithely attributing these things to lessons to be learned, will create an environment which triggers natural selection to the point of spiritual transformation is.....well......is what it is.......

By the way, I think that we can see and therefore prove that exactly the opposite is happening, the evolution of mankind is downward, not upward.

Dear Marty,

Sorry, dear friend, I do not share your view in any of these things. I do believe - nay, it's more than a belief, it is an inner knowingness - that evolution will forever continue to take us and our world, as well as the rest of the whole of Creation, upwards and onwards and develop everything into ever more beautiful and perfect lifeforms.  Yes, from crappy to perfect, and that goes for all of us - without exception.

It will be interesting to see! Let's talk about it in, say, another million or two of years. You and I and everybody else will still be around, of that I am sure, though certainly not on Mother Earth in her present condition. She too is evolving and I for one look forward to watching all the developments ahead, as well as taking an active part in them. How about you?

With love - Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 6/9/2015 6:55 AM (#26325 - in reply to #26324)

UMS Guest

Forgiveness Grows From Understanding

‘Forgiveness means letting go of the past.’ Gerald Jampolsky

If you find forgiving difficult, bear in mind that it does not mean giving in, but letting go. Whether or not you think someone deserves your forgiveness, you most certainly are worthy of forgiving them, because that is the only way of dissolving the karmic chains and shackles we created for ourselves and each other, in the course of many lifetimes, and of setting each other free. Holding on to anger is a way of trying to compensate for the powerlessness we feel when someone hurts us.

It is important to find a way of letting go of anger, by talking with the person who hurt us, without attacking or blaming them, but by describing the effect their behaviour had on us and the world of our feelings. Listening to another’s point of view helps us to see things from a different perspective. It makes us more tolerant and shows us the way to true and lasting forgiveness that comes from our heart, instead of our head.

If, for any reason, it is impossible to communicate with the people who have hurt us, writing down what happened the way we experienced it can be a good release. Talking the matter over with a friend or a counsellor is another way of letting go. In my view, forgiving does not necessarily mean forgetting. It is not easy to forget hurts, but even partial forgiveness is beneficial because re-living past painful incidents in our minds time and again is bad for our health, as this increases our susceptibility to illness. Forgiving is good for all parts of our being, mind, body, spirit and soul. If it is more than we can manage on our own, God and the Angels are waiting to be called upon for their assistance. After all, to err is human and to forgive is Divine. And forgiveness brings inner peace. Meditation, quiet reflections and prayers are the best ways of finding both.

It’s never too late to send forgiveness to anyone, especially not those who returned to the world of light ahead of us. They are neither dead nor asleep but probably more alive than we are, because they are once more fully aware of their true nature and have been shown by the ministering Angels the karmic debts they left behind. Our loving and forgiving thoughts reach them through the ethers without hindrance. If you have unresolved issues with someone or maybe several people on the other side of the veil of consciousness and long to make peace with them, go right ahead. God and the Angels are delighted whenever one of us requests their help. Ask them to show you how to resolve the issues and through this dissolve the karmic chains that still exist between you.

Forgiveness is the most important ingredient in our quest for more harmonious relationships. It grows from and is a natural consequence of a growing understanding of the true purpose of our present existence and human relationships in particular. Though this can be an extremely arduous task, being merciful is essential for becoming whole – meaning healed – through the integration of all the qualities that are our Divine inheritance.

This is our opportunity for learning how to take possession of each one of them and the most important one of them is learning how to love God’s way and acquiring the ability of a love that understands all, forgives all and heals all. This kind of love isn’t blind, but because it understands it forgives. Loving this way opens our heart’s and soul’s willingness for doing so. Understanding opens our inner vision to the necessity for forgiving and we perceive with great clarity that without it, we shall remain stuck in the past and cannot move on.

The trouble with life is, as the Danish philosopher Soren Kierkegaard put it: ‘Life must be understood backwards, but has to be lived forwards.’ How very true! The best thing about this life is that we are all allowed to make mistakes – nay, maybe we are even encouraged to make them. As long as we learn from them, we will always be allowed to move on lessons of a different nature.

From ‘Astrology As A Lifehelp In Relationship Healing’

Aquarius
Posted 6/9/2015 9:25 AM (#26326 - in reply to #26324)

UMS Guest

P.S. to my earlier note.

Dear Marty,

My inner guidance tells me that evolving from what you call ‘crappy to perfect’ is never achieved in one single lifetime. It may take thousands of them, maybe more. Who knows? One thing is sure, we all get there in the end.

How long do you think it might have taken you to develop from the earliest and most primitive stage of your earthly beingness into the splendid and adorable creature you are now? You were not instantly created like that – none of us is, that’s for sure.

If it sometimes seems as if the evolutionary spiral of life were taking humankind on our planet in a downwards rather than upwards direction, this is because at any given time there is a steady inflow of young and inexperienced souls. For some of them it is their first stay on the Earth plane. All of those on the Earth at any given time are on different evolutionary levels. The new and young souls provide vital lessons for those of us who have already reached a higher level of their earthly education. And so forth.

Time and again the Karma we create in the earliest phases of our development draws us back into experiencing life in physicality in the Earth’s environment, to generate more of it – good and bad, easy and difficult. Every bit of it must eventually be redeemed by us, ever moving forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral of life. Only when all of it has been attended to are we allowed to leave earthly life and our small lower self and its animal nature behind and move on to lessons of a more elevated kind on the higher and eventually highest levels of life.  

With love – Aquarius

Edited by Aquarius 6/9/2015 1:46 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 6/9/2015 3:51 PM (#26327 - in reply to #26326)

PhD Alumni

Dear Both and A+O and Ophi if they are about and anyone else too ...

Well a quote from the Danish philosopher Soren Kierkegaard is interesting to support the argument is interesting since he was to my understanding a passionate Christian; one of the titles of his books being also, "Purity of Heart is to Will One Thing" ...

But if we are all on a glorious evolving ride to Heaven here on Earth, what are we to make of the Sixth Extinction to which many scientists are now saying that the Earth is succumbing?

I think A+O is onto something ... now where did I put those apple leaves .... or were they fig .... ments of my imagination ...?

Indeed in the time of Eternity, our time is not even a twinkling of an eye .... but Aquarius dear, what you have against poor Jesus I have no idea ... what was that you said about the message and the messenger ?

Mazel Tov
PJ

Edited by Paul Joseph 6/9/2015 3:51 PM
Aquarius
Posted 6/10/2015 7:45 AM (#26328 - in reply to #26327)

UMS Guest

The Art Of Forgiveness

‘The weak can never forgive.
Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.’
Mahatma Gandhi

Are you feeling resentment, pain, anguish or maybe even fury? It doesn’t matter whether your emotions are directed at the general idiocy of worldwide governments, a close friend or family member. It makes no difference whether you are raging at a complete stranger on the road, in a moment that’s quickly gone or whether you are dealing with years of abuse or emotional torment. Forgiveness is a spiritual act that requires us to view things from a different angle and with an increased understanding of our own needs as well as another person’s.

It doesn’t seem to be so when we are thinking of the wrong another has done to us, or the hurt they have so carelessly lavished out, but forgiveness can free us from even the seemingly most unforgivable acts. Many of us hold onto our anger in the hope that this emotion will somehow anchor in some Universal Justice, as though gritting our teeth and furrowing our brow could somehow balance the teetering scales of justice in our world.

Sadly, the hurtful act or words of another that we keep running through our minds work like an emotional cement that keeps us stuck and unable to move on into a peace mode. Our inability to forgive often doesn’t even affect the ‘other’ as much as it does us. There is a Tibetan Buddhist story about two monks who encounter each other many years after being released from prison where they had been horribly tortured. ‘Have you forgiven them?’ asks the first. ‘I will never forgive them! Never!’ replies the second. ‘Well, I guess in that case they still have you in prison, don’t they?’ the first monk says.

• Many mistakenly believe that forgiveness somehow absolves others from their wrong-doings. That in forgiving, we helplessly accept, give up, surrender to defeat – that we are helpless. The exact opposite is true. When we face a terrible wrong and look within to see how we can prevent the same incident from happening again, then we are truly on the correct spiritual path.

Dr. Fred Luskin is the Director of the Stanford University Forgiveness Projects. He has led the largest research project to date to study the effects of forgiveness on hurt individuals. He has dealt with people suffering from a huge range of things needing to be forgiven – from a romantic break up to the murder of a child. He believes that there are specific steps one can take to reduce the stress that comes with holding onto hurt and make the progress of forgiveness as easy as possible. I tend to agree. Forgiveness usually takes a little time, but it needn’t consume your life for years. You can start with the following steps to move your heart into the right place, and begin to forgive:

• We are often afraid to truly articulate just how much we have been wronged, but this is necessary. In cases that are more obvious, such as losing a family member in a war-torn country to the hands of an unfeeling mercenary, it is easier to explain how angry and sad we are, but in other cases, such as with long-term familial abuse, we may have even come to think the behaviours we were subjected to were ‘normal,’ and only later do we realize how much pain and hurt we stuffed down over the years in order to function within our family unit. When that pain is realized, it is helpful to articulate it to a counsellor or a few close friends. Keeping those emotions locked inside does not permit the process of forgiveness to begin.

• Forgiveness is a personal journey. You do it for yourself and not for the person you think needs to be forgiven, or anyone else. Once you make a commitment to do whatever it takes to let go of the pain and feel better – and do it for you, then forgiveness starts to become an easier endeavour. When you feel better about yourself, after all, you will find it more difficult to hold grudges against others. When needed practice self-care and self-love. If you are still involved with the person or people who you are trying to forgive, you can simply explain to them that you need time to care for yourself. If this is not appropriate due to the ongoing behaviour of another, then simply practice uncompromising self-love and distance yourself from the other person until your feelings of anger and hatred dissipate. Reconciliation may be possible in the future.

‘Your forgiveness should be such that the person who is forgiven does not even know that you are forgiving them. They should not even feel guilty about their mistake. This is the right type of forgiveness. If you make someone feel guilty about their mistake, then you have not forgiven them.’ Patanjali Yoga Sutras ‘The Art of Living’

• While reconciliation sometimes is possible, on other occasions it is not. If someone is emotionally unstable and is likely continue to act in hurtful or harmful ways again should be approach them, there is no need for being physically or emotionally near them to forgive them. What you are after is internal peace. Forgiveness can be defined as the peace and understanding that comes from dropping the blame for whoever has hurt you, changing your never-ending story of grievance, and realising that they were possibly playing a role in the grand play of life – known as maya to some – to help you learn more about yourself.

This does not mean that murdering your child is right or that stealing, cheating, emotional abuse, or other ‘wrongs’ are ‘right.’ It simply means that you choose to see that person’s pain as the impetus for their own actions and not as a personal affront to you.

Maya Angelou once said: ‘You can’t forgive without loving. And I don’t mean sentimentality. I don’t mean mush. I mean having enough courage to stand up and say: ‘I forgive, I’m done with it.’’ If someone has been narcissistic, selfish, hateful or jealous, you can forgive them for your own peace of mind, and allow them to learn from the Universal lessons, which are surely coming their way, to help them forgive those who hurt them also. While you don’t have to reconcile with others who are not ready to do this spiritual work for themselves, you do have to reconcile your own emotions.

• Your hurt is coming from what you feel now, not what happened ten minutes, an hour, days or even ten years ago. The old adage about time healing all wounds is true. But this is because we tend to get caught in karmic cycles that cause us to mentally recycle pain instead of letting it go. In the book ‘Karma and Reincarnation Transcending Your Past, Transforming Your Future’ Elizabeth Clare Prophet and Patricia R. Spadaro explain that while ‘Karma means accountability and payback, reincarnation is simply another word for fresh opportunities [which the Universe offers us].’

• Karmic retribution is not a punishment, but the benevolent and infinitely wise Universe’s way of allowing us free will. What it does mean is that what we send out into the world must return to us. Therefore, what we do unto others will in due course be done unto us, somehow, at some time, in some way – maybe in a far distant lifetime. But return it will, of that we can be sure. The Sioux holy man, Black Elk, explained how everything in nature comes full circle, and Voltaire mused: ‘It is not more surprising to be born twice, than once.’ Everything in nature is endlessly recycled and then resurrected. Understanding the cycles of karma and reincarnation helps us to get a better grasp on family, community and even wider society patterns in need of changing.

When we stay stuck in thoughts of the pain another has caused us, we are missing one of the main opportunities of our present incarnation. After talking about a hurt with another person, expressing it fully and looking at the patterns that created this situation, the time has come for releasing it and letting it go. The true gift of being ‘hurt’ be another is the recognition that on the inner level of life we are all one and when one of us gets hurt, everybody else suffers with us. Therefore, in truth when we hurt another, we are doing the same to ourselves.

Carl Jung once said: ‘I had the feeling that I was a historical fragment, an excerpt for which the preceding and succeeding text was missing . . . I could well imagine that I might have lived in former centuries and there encountered questions I was not yet able to answer, that I had to be born again because I had not fulfilled the task that was given to me.’

• Stop your fight or flight response. When we start to ruminate about what another has done to us, our hypothalamus gets into gear and engages both our sympathetic nervous system as well as the adrenal-cortical system. When the effect of these systems sets in, our fight or flight response begins and in no time flat we are in moderate to full-blown fear mode. This is because we are afraid the same thing will happen to us again. We are feeling the incident as if it were happening right now, no matter how long ago it occurred. Our heart rates and blood pressure rise. We might even sweat a little. Our body gets flooded with thirty different stress hormones and all of it together makes forgiving very difficult.

Through practising a simple, calming mantra meditation, a few yoga asanas, yoga nidra, nadi shodhana or going for a short walk outdoors, we can reverse the fight-or-flight response. This enables us to deal with the fear behind our pain from a more level emotional state.

• Give up your expectations of others. Dr. Luskin calls this ‘recognizing the unenforceable rules.’ In other words, you can’t expect to get from others, what they have no ability or desire to give you. While we can practice love without expectation, we also should be aware that others aren’t always capable of loving back. If your inner child is still bemoaning the inability of an emotionally shutdown father to be affectionate and caring, or you expect a selfish boss to behave differently, then you are setting yourself up for more pain and this often. Realise that what you seek from others – kindness, love, affection, support – will come from those willing and able to give it, and the more you offer it to yourself, the more likely individuals of the same calibre will come into your orbit. Just let the others be, who are not ready to act as evolved. Let go of all resentment by acknowledging that’s just where they are in their present evolutionary cycle of karma and reincarnation.

• Know that a life well lived is the most constructive and positive way of resolving the outstanding issues between any of your relationships. Staying hurt and angry does nothing for you. It only feeds the ego of the person who hurt you and gives them power over you. You are still in ‘prison’, as one of the monks put it. Empower yourself by focussing on the good things in your life. Robert Emmons and Michael McCullough are two of the leading American investigators of gratitude. They describe this quality as personality strength and the ability to be keenly aware of the good things that happen to you and never take for granted. Grateful individuals express their thanks and appreciation in a heartfelt ways, not merely to be polite. Wise ones who possess a high level of gratitude, often feel an emotional sense of wonder, thankfulness and appreciation for life itself. Start a gratitude journal or instead of getting stuck in your hurt feelings, every day take a few moments to quietly contemplate and reflect on the many blessings the Universe is bestowing upon you. Counting them is good for your health because it helps to dissipate sadness, anger and frustration.

• Change your ‘story’. Instead of telling a story to yourself and others about how you were done wrong, decide to re-write the script. You can, instead of being a victim, decide to use the experience as a way of healing  others, one of the most profound spiritual practices ever taught. Imagine the ripples that the pebbles of your forgiveness could send out into the world. I give the example of a man named Robert Rule to explain how profound changing your story can be:

‘Gary Leon Ridgway is better known as the infamous Green River Killer. In 2003, he confessed to the murders of 48 women. In 2011, Ridgway was convicted of the murder of Rebecca Marrero, bringing the victim count up to 49. By his own confession, he may have murdered as many as 60 women. Ridgway especially despised prostitutes and targeted them for his killings. At Ridgway’s 2003 sentencing, the families of the victims had the opportunity to speak out and address Ridgway directly.

Understandably, many were angry and lashing out at Ridgway for the sorrow and pain he had put them through. As Ridgway stonily listened to the family members express their grief and anger, one person came up and said something unexpected. When the time for speaking came for Robert Rule, the father of teenage victim Linda Jane Rule, Ridgway finally showed a glimpse of remorse. Rule’s words to Ridgway were: ‘There are people here who hate you, but I’m not one of them. You’ve made it difficult to live up to what I believe, which is what God tells me to do and that’s to forgive. You are forgiven, sir.’ His words brought Ridgway to tears.’

From ‘Wisdom Pills – Something For Your Soul’
Edited by Aquarius

Recommended Reading:

‘Astrology As A Lifehelp In Relationship Healing’

Paul Joseph
Posted 6/10/2015 2:57 PM (#26329 - in reply to #23562)

PhD Alumni

Dear Aquarius

I am sorry but I really do not feel it is helpful for me to keep responding to your posts. Nothing personal. We just seem to be on different planets.

Eg., So 60 women were despised and horribly murdered to enable Robert Rule to live up to his beliefs? Please....

My only problem in not responding is that I daresay you will continue to peddle such stuff. But it might take me some time to recover my equilibrium

In love and forgiveness (yours or mine, not sure which)

Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 6/10/2015 2:58 PM
mruppert
Posted 6/10/2015 7:03 PM (#26330 - in reply to #26326)

Expert

Hello Aqua,

As my Irish grandmother used to say, "Tis clair to me noow that ya duunt understanhd a ward I am sayin" to which I would reply "I do Nana, but who is Clare?" 

It appears that when you say evolve you are definitely not speaking of evolution. Anyone who understands evolution...which is a THEORY, not a hypothesis, but a theory (which has a different meaning than the vast majority of people think it does......a theory is an accepted truth in the absence of empirical evidence....will also display the skepticism of your statement, as I do.

HOWEVER, you did offer up...maybe unknowingly....the biggest hole in the evolutionary fabric, and that is Marty. From the Homo Habilis Marty to the Homo Sapien Marty was barely a tick of the evolutionary clock, at about 2 million years. The Tyrannosaurus Marty and the Brontosaurus Marty remained unchanged for 50 million years and would still be around if not for a cataclysmic event, and that would have meant that  there would be no this kind of  Marty whatsoever. The tick that tocked into this Marty is hard to explain, though I have offered an explanation in other posts.

Evolution has no beginning or end. Evolution will not make inferior things perfect. Evolution is a process, as simple and complex as that.

Cockroaches evolve in a manner which pretty much insures their survival. I don't need a spirit guide to know that cockroaches will be around long after we are gone! That is the beauty and ugliness of evolution. Yes Aqua, they are crappy but as far as surviving, they are perfect.  

Peace,

Homo Martinus and LuckyLeesaurus 

Aquarius
Posted 6/11/2015 7:20 AM (#26331 - in reply to #26329)

UMS Guest

Paul Joseph - 6/10/2015 8:57 PM Dear Aquarius I am sorry but I really do not feel it is helpful for me to keep responding to your posts. Nothing personal. We just seem to be on different planets. Eg., So 60 women were despised and horribly murdered to enable Robert Rule to live up to his beliefs? Please.... My only problem in not responding is that I daresay you will continue to peddle such stuff. But it might take me some time to recover my equilibrium In love and forgiveness (yours or mine, not sure which) Paul

Dear Paul,

I am sorry to hear that in spite of all my efforts I have thus far been unable to help you see that a wise higher purpose lies behind everything that happens in our world. I do believe that nothing does so perchance or by accident, but is part of our Creator’s great evolutionary plan of life. Even the most horrendous events are part of this plan and have purpose and meaning.

As you say, you and I dwell on different planets – or rather planes – of life. So, let’s shake hands, agree to disagree and remain friends. Whatever you decide to do, I will always love you as my friend and brother in spirit. Nothing you can ever do or say will be able to stop me from doing this. One of these days, maybe in another lifetime – whether you believe in this kind of thing or not, there will be one, of that I am sure – you too will understand what my Highest Self is trying to tell you through my writings. However, as they seem to upset you unnecessarily, wouldn’t it be a better idea if you stopped reading them?

And remember: try not to mistake the messenger for the message.

With love – Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 6/11/2015 7:30 AM (#26332 - in reply to #26331)

UMS Guest

The Eagle

Bird of the broad and sweeping wing,
Thy home is high in Heaven,
Where wide the storms their banners fling,
And the tempest clouds are driven.
Thy throne is on the mountain top.
Thy fields are the boundless air,
And hoary peaks that proudly prop
The skies, thy dwellings are.
Where was then thy fearless flight?

The Eagle replies:
‘Over the dark, mysterious sea,
To lands that caught the setting light,
The cradle of liberty.
There on the silent and lonely shore,
For ages I watched alone,
And the world, in its darkness, asked no more
Where the glorious bird had flown.

‘But then came a bold and hardy few,
And they breasted the unknown wave.
I caught afar the wandering crew
And I knew they were high and brave.
I wheeled around the welcome bark,
As it sought the desolate shore,
And up to Heaven, like a joyous lark,
My quivering pinions bore.

‘And now those bold and hardy few
Have grown into the whole of humankind.
Danger and doubt I have led them through
And they worship me in song.
And over their bright and glancing arms
On field, forest, lake and sea,
With an eye that fires and a spell that charms,
I guide them on to Eternal victory.’

James Gates Percival
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Astrology On The Healing Journey’

Paul Joseph
Posted 6/11/2015 9:11 AM (#26333 - in reply to #26331)

PhD Alumni

Dear Aquarius

Thank you.

Well if I did not read them it might be ungrateful of me might it not, to ignore your offerings?

But what if you are not quite exactly right and if what you write here goes unchallenged? Might not that be offputting for some who also might disagree but not wish to post on the Board?

When you say, 'believe in this kind of thing', I am not sure what you are saying I might or might not believe in.

Are you not mistaking the messenger for the message in your own dismissal of certain things?

Love
Paul

ps: I had left the above there and logged off. But then it occurred to me that the real concern I have about your writings as portrayed in the last one are, that it could encourage, or at least, open the conditions, for anyone to do whatever they want, on the basis that, it is my inner voice that is telling me to do it; and if I hurt others, then I can learn and adjust on the next steps of my evolution. Indeed, my own evolution depends upon me trampling on others for the sake of my satisfaction. That is why I take the view that there are absolute imperatives, that we aspire and learn and yearn to be with God and the Angels by following the paths of Ancient Wisdom that are the most reliable sources to get us there - some of those who have gone before including, for example but not only, Jesus (I also would add Buddha, Mohammed, Socrates and others, but actually I think Jesus' wisdom and expression was particular and unique, in many ways). Karma is a part of the eternal path, but is not to be relied upon to save us. But all that is only part of the story .... and 'evolution' is, as Marty indicates, a distraction

Edited by Paul Joseph 6/11/2015 9:22 AM
Aquarius
Posted 6/11/2015 12:21 PM (#26334 - in reply to #26333)

UMS Guest

Dear Aquarius / Dear Paul,

P: Thank you.
A: And thank you.

P: Well if I did not read them it might be ungrateful of me, might it not, to ignore your offerings?

A: What I said was that if my offerings were too upsetting for you, it would be better for your general wellbeing to ignore them.

P: But what if you are not quite exactly right and if what you write here goes unchallenged? Might not that be offputting for some who also might disagree but not wish to post on the Board?

A: As explained many times in  the past, my writings are of an intuitive nature. This means that it is my Highest or God Self speaking through me and what it says that is MY truth – although it may not be anyone else’s. I have pointed out, time and again, that everybody’s truth is somewhat different from everybody else’s.

P: When you say, 'believe in this kind of thing', I am not sure what you are saying I might or might not believe in.

A: I don’t know whether you believe in reincarnation and that there will be other lifetimes on the Earth plane and that this will continue until we have a sufficiently high spiritual evolutionary level, so that Earth life can no longer teach us anything. Again, dear Paul, that’s my belief because it is what my inner teacher tells me is true.

P: Are you not mistaking the messenger for the message in your own dismissal of certain things? Love – Paul

A: I don’t think so. Take for example Jesus. I believe that the churches, by focussing too much on the messenger, have missed the message this legend – which in my view it is – has been trying to bring us all along. It is a message of responsibility telling us  that there will never be anybody who waves some kind of a magic wand to save and redeem us.

We were given the impression that this would be the case, because at that time it would have been too early for humankind to grasp that WE, all of us together, are responsible for ourselves and the state of our world and everything that shares it with us. But now it is the highest time that we recognise that our true role is learning how to act as our planet’s keeper and guardian, instead of exploiting, raping and pillaging it of the last bit of its precious resources.  

P: ps: I had left the above there and logged off. But then it occurred to me that the real concern I have about your writings as portrayed in the last one are, that it could encourage, or at least, open the conditions, for anyone to do whatever they want, on the basis that, it is my inner voice that is telling me to do it

A: If it truly is the voice of your Highest Self that is talking to you, you can rely on it that it will only tell you to do that which is for the highest good and the greatest joy of all. If it’s anything else – something detrimental – wise ones stop and say to themselves: ‘This can only be the instincts and desires of my small and mean earthly self speaking. I do no wish to do it because my higher instincts and impulses tell me it’s wrong. I refuse to do it.’

P: and if I hurt others, then I can learn and adjust on the next steps of my evolution. Indeed, my own evolution depends upon me trampling on others for the sake of my satisfaction.

A: No highly evolved soul would dream of thinking, saying and acting in such a manner. When young and inexperienced souls behave this way, then that too is part of the present stage their earthly education. So that’s what they’ll do and in due course the law of Karma will bring them opportunities for redeeming themselves, either later in  their present lifetime or in coming ones.

P: That is why I take the view that there are absolute imperatives, that we aspire and learn and yearn to be with God and the Angels by following the paths of Ancient Wisdom that are the most reliable sources to get us there - some of those who have gone before including, for example but not only, Jesus (I also would add Buddha, Mohammed, Socrates and others, but actually I think Jesus' wisdom and expression was particular and unique, in many ways).

A: The point I am trying to get across in all my writings is that we ourselves are responsible. Each one of us needs to learn how to work hand in hand with God and the Angels and constantly ask for their guidance and protection, so they can show us the way in all things. The more highly evolved a human soul becomes, the less it needs the teachings of those who came before us – be they legendary or otherwise, because at that point in its development it is learning to follow exclusively the instructions of its wise one within, its Highest or God Self, the living God within.

P: Karma is a part of the eternal path, but is not to be relied upon to save us. But all that is only part of the story .... and 'evolution' is, as Marty indicates, a distraction.

A: The law of Karma is part of the Universal laws, God’s laws. It is not a law of punishment but of opportunities. The law of life is love and love knows no chastisement. Karma is neutral and in itself cannot save anyone. What it does is bring opportunities for all of us to save and redeem ourselves – and through this our whole world, for what is done for one is done for all. What evolution means to me I shall explain in a separate reply to Marty.

Please note that whenever some of my insights vary  from those that were given to our world through the sages of bygone ages, it is likely that my Highest Self – which is also yours and everybody else’s – is trying to help us and our world to find a better and more advanced understanding of the matter under discussion. As also pointed out many times in the past, spiritual knowledge was never meant to be carved into stone or cast into moulds and set in concrete. It is part of the evolutionary spiral of life, which takes all of us ever upwards and onwards. Therefore, spiritual knowledge is intended to grow and expand with the passing of time, the same as everything else.

My writings are a channel for bringing new hope, faith and trust in the basic goodness of life and God’s great plan of life. Through fresh interpretations of the Great Mother’s sacred wisdom and truth they aim to bring renewed understanding of God’s true nature and our own, to restore the balance of our world, so that peace may come to it at last. It seems that my prayers did not go unheard when I asked:

Make me a channel of Your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me bring Your love,
Where there is injury, Your pardon,
And where there’s doubt, true faith in You.

Make me a channel of Your peace.
Where there’s despair in life,
Let me bring hope
Where there is darkness, only light
And where there’s sadness, ever joy.

Make me a channel of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me bring Your love.
Where there is injury, Your pardon
And where there’s doubt, true faith in You.

It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
In giving to all people that we receive
And in dying that we are born,
To Eternal life.

O Master, grant that I may not seek
So much to be consoled as to console,
To be understood as to understand and
To be loved as to love with all my heart and soul.

St. Francis of Assisi

With love – Aquarius

mruppert
Posted 6/11/2015 4:58 PM (#26335 - in reply to #26334)

Expert

By Jove Aqua,
The pantheon of spiritual beings in your religion is absolutely astounding!

Peace and Porridge,
Marty and LuckyLee

Paul Joseph
Posted 6/12/2015 6:15 AM (#26336 - in reply to #26335)

PhD Alumni

In the words of that old joke, in my youth I was agnostic, but now I am not so sure.
Aquarius
Posted 6/12/2015 6:41 AM (#26337 - in reply to #26330)

UMS Guest

mruppert - 6/11/2015 1:03 AM . . .  As my Irish grandmother used to say, "Tis clair to me noow that ya duunt understanhd a ward I am sayin" to which I would reply "I do Nana, but who is Clare?" . . . 

Dear Marty,

M: It appears that when you say evolve you are definitely not speaking of evolution. Anyone who understands evolution...which is a THEORY, not a hypothesis, but a theory (which has a different meaning than the vast majority of people think it does......a theory is an accepted truth in the absence of empirical evidence....will also display the skepticism of your statement, as I do.

A: Maybe that is because you and I have a different understanding of evolution. Yours sounds like a purely scientific view from the material standpoint of our world. In contrast to this, my interpretation considers first the background of life, where anything that is already manifest in the material world and that which one day will be has its origin. Without the spiritual background and the spiritual beings, who dwell there and under whose direction all life unfolds – or evolves – there would be no life. That, to me, is a fact of life.

And yes, dear Marty, the plane of life – shall we say? – where I live consists of a material part, the outer level of life, and a spiritual part on its inner level. To me, the latter is by far the most important aspect of life altogether. Everything on the Earth plane is doomed to perish and die, while the inner plane is immortal and eternal. That’s where my spirit and soul dwells and forever will do and whether you are as yet aware of this or not, so does yours.

M: HOWEVER, you did offer up...maybe unknowingly....the biggest hole in the evolutionary fabric, and that is Marty. From the Homo Habilis Marty to the Homo Sapien Marty was barely a tick of the evolutionary clock, at about 2 million years. The Tyrannosaurus Marty and the Brontosaurus Marty remained unchanged for 50 million years and would still be around if not for a cataclysmic event, and that would have meant that  there would be no this kind of  Marty whatsoever. The tick that tocked into this Marty is hard to explain, though I have offered an explanation in other posts.

A: I believe that evolution works in quite a different way from the one you describe. One thing for me is certain and that is that we, the human spirit and soul as a species, have not been taking part in Earth life for the whole length of its existence. The likelihood is that our earthly development began after some event wiped out the dinosaurs. With their disappearance a different phase of Earth’s evolution started. At a certain point, when one of the animal species had become sufficiently developed to accommodate our human spirits and souls, we were brought into the picture. Hence the primates.

M: Evolution has no beginning or end. Evolution will not make inferior things perfect. Evolution is a process, as simple and complex as that.

A: I too believe that evolution has no beginning or end. It always was and forever will be and all life will constantly keep on moving forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral of life. I do believe that this process with the passing of time makes inferior and ugly things and people perfect and beautiful. Yes, evolution is a process, basically very simple and at the same time highly complex.

M: Cockroaches evolve in a manner which pretty much insures their survival. I don't need a spirit guide to know that cockroaches will be around long after we are gone! That is the beauty and ugliness of evolution. Yes Aqua, they are crappy but as far as surviving, they are perfect. 

A: Why should a cockroach be ugly? Just because they get in the way of human beings, who invade the spaces that belonged to them for millions of years? If they weren’t such a nuisance, you too would be able to  recognise their beauty and sophistication as a species, which helped them to survive for such a long time. Basically, everything in God’s Creation is meant to be beautiful and if it’s still ugly in our time, through the process of evolution it will be made beautiful.

Who knows? Maybe the cockroach in the long time of its existence has already evolved into the perfect creature our Creator designed it to be in the first place. Who would I be to say otherwise?

With love – Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 6/12/2015 6:57 AM (#26338 - in reply to #26333)

UMS Guest

Paul Joseph - 6/11/2015 3:11 PM . . .  I take the view that there are absolute imperatives, that we aspire and learn and yearn to be with God and the Angels by following the paths of Ancient Wisdom that are the most reliable sources to get us there - some of those who have gone before including, for example but not only, Jesus (I also would add Buddha, Mohammed, Socrates and others, but actually I think Jesus' wisdom and expression was particular and unique, in many ways). Karma is a part of the eternal path, but is not to be relied upon to save us. But all that is only part of the story .... and 'evolution' is, as Marty indicates, a distraction

Dear Paul,

My inner guidance prompts me to tell you the following in response to what you said above. As God’s children of the Earth the Age of Aquarius is bringing us a special task, which consists of extracting the best from all the belief systems our world has ever known, as describe in this extract from ‘Baking A Rich New Cake’:

If you wish to find the nuggets of genuine wisdom that are buried in all the belief systems your world has ever known, call upon Me. I am your inner guidance and the living God within, waiting to be called upon to help you train your earthly minds and to teach you its wise use, so in future you will never again fall prey to false beliefs, prejudices and superstitions. I am the only one in the whole of Creation who can and does reliably tell you truths from untruths and false beliefs from true ones.

You and I have started to work together. We are treating each one of the old faiths of your world like a cake and I am ready to show all of you how to recognise and extract the raisins and cherries of truth your old religions contain. Through gathering and joining together their manifold treasures, we have begun to lovingly bake a rich new cake that consists of such a wealth of My spiritual wisdom and truth as thus far has been unknown on the Earth. To get their hands on their very own portion of this delicacy is every soul’s birthright.

As young Gods in the making, because of life’s oneness on the inner plane, growth by any one of you can only be achieved through constant interaction with the rest of life. My Cosmic law of evolution decrees that no individual soul in the whole of Creation shall grow and evolve in isolation, and that every part of life forever shall depend upon all others for its survival and wellbeing, or otherwise. Although superficially you may like to think of yourself as an independent being, you are still reliant upon millions of others on all levels of life, the highest as well as the lowest. They are constantly influencing you in everything you say and do.

Evolution’s ultimate purpose is to bring all aspects of life into co-operation by harmonising and co-ordinating them into one stupendous crescendo of Universal love. When all of you have successfully finished tuning your instruments, Heaven and Earth will be one. Together with the Angels you will join hands and the song every loving human heart joyfully sings will make its own contribution and add a very special note to the almighty symphony of worship, thanksgiving and praise of the whole of Creation.

Every human soul’s thoughts, words and actions, indeed your whole life creates a vibration and a sound. Each one of you strikes their own chord and whenever peaceful, loving and harmonious, blessing and healing vibrations go forth from you, the Angels see to it that they unerringly find their intended destination and from there wing their way back to you with ever more potency. My Universal law of cause and effect ensures that everything has to return to its source. That’s why no matter what any one of you sends out and whatever sounds you produce, it will return to you. All my laws are very exact and apply on all planes of life, therefore also on the Earth.

Because you are magnetic beings, you can only attract into your orbit what you are yourself. As soon as you have reached a sufficiently high evolutionary level that nothing but Christ love flows from your heart and loving thoughts from your mind into the whole of Creation, your whole being slowly but surely fills with harmony and peace of mind. You then draw towards you and absorb only that which is good and right, harmonious and peaceful, loving and progressive from your environment. Nothing else can touch you and fill you and your aura any longer.

From ‘The Universal Christ Speaks To Us And Our World’

With love – Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 6/12/2015 7:14 AM (#26339 - in reply to #26338)

UMS Guest

Psychic Gifts

The Universe has endowed every soul with psychic gifts which are waiting to be developed. They are there, even if they cannot yet be recognised on the surface of our consciousness and accessed. It’s just that in some people they are still dormant while others are already using theirs. This is accentuated in the three Water signs Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces. Each new lifetime spent in one of them offers human souls many opportunities for developing these gifts to their highest potential.

This they do by being used unselfishly for the relief of human suffering and for shedding light into the darkest corners of our earthly existence. To enable them to do this, people born into one of the Water signs are emotionally and psychically highly sensitive souls. Out of these Cancer is the most prone to absorbing any of the negative vibrations in their environment. Cancerians thrive in positive atmospheres, but where negativity and bad feelings are in the air they are in danger of wilting.

Water on the ascendant is often linked with at least a degree of clairvoyance and the ability to ‘see’ into our other world, and souls born with their Sun and especially the Moon in one of the Water signs are usually very good at sensing what is going on around them. Cancer is the most psychic sign of the zodiac. Frequently unbeknown to themselves, those born into this sign are capable of absorbing the vibrations of depressed people. Unless they take precautions and learn to protect themselves psychically, in due course they too may become seriously depressed.

Although heightened sensitivity at times feels more like a curse, in truth it is a precious gift and like any of them this one is in need of further development and taking great care of. That’s why wise sensitives make it their business to find out all about psychic protection that helps them close off, so that they are no longer in danger of acting as psychic sponges of others.

The more our spiritual awareness increases, the more sensitive and open we become to all psychic influences from other levels of life, positive and constructive ones as much as detrimental and negative ones. Whenever we have to go through hurtful or negative experiences or maybe just sense that we are in some way in danger of absorbing the negativity of those around us, we benefit from protecting ourselves and our psychic space. Whether negative vibrations come towards us from this level of life or any other, intentionally or otherwise, I believe that it is essential to ensure that at all times we are surrounded by a protective shield of light.

Recommended Reading:

From ‘Astrology On The Healing Journey’

Aquarius
Posted 6/12/2015 9:48 AM (#26340 - in reply to #26330)

UMS Guest

mruppert - 6/11/2015 1:03 AM. . . you did offer up...maybe unknowingly....the biggest hole in the evolutionary fabric, and that is Marty. From the Homo Habilis Marty to the Homo Sapien Marty was barely a tick of the evolutionary clock, at about 2 million years. The Tyrannosaurus Marty and the Brontosaurus Marty remained unchanged for 50 million years and would still be around if not for a cataclysmic event, and that would have meant that  there would be no this kind of  Marty whatsoever. The tick that tocked into this Marty is hard to explain, though I have offered an explanation in other posts.

Dear Marty,

To return to the theme of evolution for another moment, as much as I hate to disappoint you, I do not believe that you ever were Marty cockroach, Marty Tyrannosaurus or Brontosaurus Marty. You will always be you, you always were and forever will be, and I will be me. Both of us, the same as everybody else, have been on our present plane of life time and again, on every occasion with a different name and in another guise, but we have always remained ourselves. Whether anyone likes that thought or not, it is MY truth, in spite of the fact that someone somewhere may as yet be unable to perceive such a scenario.

With love – Aquarius

Jump to page : < ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 >
Now viewing page 29 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software