University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Food For Thought
[Frozen]

Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 >
Now viewing page 27 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/20/2015 12:03 PM (#26250 - in reply to #26249)
Subject: Re: Food For Thought

PhD Alumni

Dear Aquarius

In response can be told a true incident from one of C G Jung's case notes. A young man came to see him and reported a dream that he had got to the top of a mountain and was able to climb higher (the man was a mountaineer).

He asked Jung what he made of the dream. Jung said he was not sure but advised him seriously to refrain from climbing until further analysis.

The man did not refrain and died in a climbing accident shortly afterwards. His friends reported that they had seen him climbing a crag then seemed to step out into the air as if stepping onto a staircase (that was not there).

PJ
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mruppert
Posted 5/20/2015 5:31 PM (#26251 - in reply to #26249)

Expert

Oh my! 

I don't think anyone besides me, Paul and the moderator are reading these things. OR, maybe I am just so out there as to be cosmic......and silence is assent and agreement.

This is truly a grotesque story that teaches me nothing but serves to affirm what I have repeatedly observed from other postings. This God is a pretty mean God. I can't know what happened to the climber after he died a horrible death. But, I can know what happened to the climber in this story. Was it so darn important to God that this guy cut the rope? Is God that petty? Does God want that kind of obedience that can only be gotten by fear and brutality?

Now, if (or when, according to some other posts) Marty becomes God the story is different. Dude climbs, falls, and gets a good jerk by the safety rope. He says "God, help me." GodMarty says "Dude, even in the freezing cold, don't sweat it....your two feet of the ground".

So, in my version, I am happy as I saved a life rather than took one, the climber is happy, his wife is happy, his 16 kids are happy since they are not going to be fatherless, and the climber finishes med school and finds a cure for several diseases which are always fatal, which makes a lot more people happy.

I like meGod so much better than the post's  God and I like my lesson so much better than the post's lesson and I like my happy ending so much better than the post's ending which is far from happy for the climber, his wife, his sixteen kids and sufferers of a host of ills.

Many posts have only served to show how petty  and human God or whatever (there are a lot of deities and spiritual entities in these posts) can be. If this is the case, why not just go back to the old tried and true Gods, like Zeus, Periscopee, Hercules, and Johnacleese? At least they were amusing.

Unconditionally lovingly yours,

Marty and LuckyLeeacles (Zeus promoted her

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/21/2015 4:57 AM (#26252 - in reply to #26251)

PhD Alumni

Hi Marty

I agree, which is precisely why I told the Jung case note recollection; 'cos Jung did not advise to cut the rope, rather he said to stay on the ground until more insight was gained.

Cheers
Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 5/21/2015 4:58 AM
Aquarius
Posted 5/21/2015 7:52 AM (#26253 - in reply to #26250)

UMS Guest

Paul Joseph - 5/20/2015 6:03 PM Dear Aquarius In response can be told a true incident from one of C G Jung's case notes. A young man came to see him and reported a dream that he had got to the top of a mountain and was able to climb higher (the man was a mountaineer). He asked Jung what he made of the dream. Jung said he was not sure but advised him seriously to refrain from climbing until further analysis. The man did not refrain and died in a climbing accident shortly afterwards. His friends reported that they had seen him climbing a crag then seemed to step out into the air as if stepping onto a staircase (that was not there). PJ

Thank you, dear Paul, for sharing this with us here. Very interesting!

With love - Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 5/21/2015 7:53 AM (#26254 - in reply to #26253)

UMS Guest

Help Me To Believe

O Holy Trinity,
Great Spirit, Father/Mother Creator, and your only born Son,
The Spirit of the Universal Christ,
Please hear my prayer.
I so very much want to trust and believe,
I know that Your deep love and mercy,
Forgiveness and understanding
For the trials and tribulations of our human hearts
Is very real.
But still I doubt.

Please help me to overcome my unbelief through an
Ever increasing understanding of the mysteries
Of my own existence and Yours.
I pray that may my perceptions
Should no longer be based on mere surface words,
But on a deep inner knowingness
Of the hidden meanings behind the texts of all
The sacred teachings of our world.
Help all human souls to grasp Your wisdom and truth,
The way we did in past lifetimes,
When this state of consciousness was known as gnosis.

The dawn my soul has patiently been waiting for is here,
Because I now realise that it was You who guided me
Through the lonely watches of dark night of my soul,
And through the narrow tunnel of my grief
Over thinking that I had lost my inner connection with You.

No longer do I have to wait,
Tortured and alone in the creeping loathsome dark,
Dragged along the labyrinthine maze that lacked
The knowledge that eventually the healing rays of the
Universal Christ, the Sun beyond the Sun in the sky above me,
Of Your eternal wisdom and truth would bring about
The rebirth of my own soul and that of our world.
Triumphantly, the iron gates of pain, which once held me
Prisoner in the dungeon of my ignorance, are breaking down.
They are bringing new life where broken hopes
Used to lay crippled among the ancient battlements
Of my soul and the soul of our world.

With all my heart and soul I pray
That my lack of faith in You should be replaced by
A deep inner awareness of Your Divine presence in me
And also my companions,
As each on their own way and all of us together,
Hand in hand with the Angels and You
Are walking back home into the
Conscious awareness of our oneness with You.

Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life,
As surely as a new day follows every night,
Now the darkest hour of humankind’s spirit and soul
Is reaching its natural end and the
Radiance of Your Light reigns supreme,
Now and forever.

Amen

Randle Manwaring
Adapted by Aquarius

Recommended Reading:
Part A – Help Me To Believe
Part B – Reflections on Faith
Part C – Faith Is Like Fulfilment
Part D – Living Without Faith
Part E – Our Two Most Intimate Relationships

Please allow a moment for the file to load.

From ‘War And Peace Between Nations’

Aquarius
Posted 5/21/2015 9:00 AM (#26255 - in reply to #26251)

UMS Guest

mruppert - 5/20/2015 11:31 PM

Oh my! 

I don't think anyone besides me, Paul and the moderator are reading these things. OR, maybe I am just so out there as to be cosmic......and silence is assent and agreement.

This is truly a grotesque story that teaches me nothing but serves to affirm what I have repeatedly observed from other postings. This God is a pretty mean God. I can't know what happened to the climber after he died a horrible death. But, I can know what happened to the climber in this story. Was it so darn important to God that this guy cut the rope? Is God that petty? Does God want that kind of obedience that can only be gotten by fear and brutality?

Now, if (or when, according to some other posts) Marty becomes God the story is different. Dude climbs, falls, and gets a good jerk by the safety rope. He says "God, help me." GodMarty says "Dude, even in the freezing cold, don't sweat it....your two feet of the ground".

So, in my version, I am happy as I saved a life rather than took one, the climber is happy, his wife is happy, his 16 kids are happy since they are not going to be fatherless, and the climber finishes med school and finds a cure for several diseases which are always fatal, which makes a lot more people happy.

I like meGod so much better than the post's  God and I like my lesson so much better than the post's lesson and I like my happy ending so much better than the post's ending which is far from happy for the climber, his wife, his sixteen kids and sufferers of a host of ills.

Many posts have only served to show how petty  and human God or whatever (there are a lot of deities and spiritual entities in these posts) can be. If this is the case, why not just go back to the old tried and true Gods, like Zeus, Periscopee, Hercules, and Johnacleese? At least they were amusing.

Unconditionally lovingly yours,

Marty and LuckyLeeacles (Zeus promoted her

Dear Marty,

Thank you for your feedback and your reflections on the theme of the rope story. I was hoping that the second part – my interpretation of it – was making it clear enough that, in my view, God is nothing like the booming voice from the Heavens the tale talks about. Out of respect for those who still believe in the kind of God the tale describes, I did not actually want to say so in as many words, but followed my inner guidance and trusted that my meaning was made quite clear and could be understood from the general contents of my addition. That was the whole purpose of going to the trouble of writing it.

I am very sorry to hear that it didn't work for you.

With love – Aquarius

Edited by Aquarius 5/21/2015 9:05 AM
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/21/2015 9:58 AM (#26257 - in reply to #26255)

PhD Alumni

Well Aquarius' was as I understand it a little fable, mine was an actual case note from Jung. For the sake of clarity I think they represent opposite positions....

I remember somewhere a long time ago seeing a saying from Islam, something like,

Worship Allah, but tether your camel first.

This reality is all we have and can know about now at this present time: we have to make the best of it, love as if there is no tomorrow ... perhaps in a way, believe 'as if' there is no God, because in this reality we have only ourselves, each other and the planet to go on.

That is not meant to sound nihilistic.

Edited by Paul Joseph 5/21/2015 9:59 AM
Aquarius
Posted 5/22/2015 6:54 AM (#26259 - in reply to #26257)

UMS Guest

Friendships Are Forever

A teacher one day asked her students to list the names of their class mates on two sheets of paper and to leave a space between each name. Then she told them to think of the good things they could say about each of their classmates, to write them down and to give the papers to her at the end of their lesson. At home the teacher wrote the name of each student on a separate sheet of paper and listed what her students had said about each other.

The next day every student received a copy of her list. It didn’t take long until the entire class was smiling and she heard whispers like: ‘Really?’, ‘I never knew that I meant anything to anyone.’ and ‘I didn’t know others liked me so much.’ The papers were never mentioned in class again, so the teacher had no idea whether her students had discussed them with each other or anyone else. This didn’t matter to her because the purpose of the exercise had been accomplished and she was satisfied that her students felt much happier about themselves and each other. After a while this group of students moved on.

Several years later, one of them by the name of Mark was killed in a car crash and the teacher was invited to his funeral. The young man looked so handsome in his coffin and the church was packed with his friends. One by one they took a walk past the deceased and the teacher was the last one to bless him once more. As she stood there, one of the men who acted as pallbearer came up to her. ‘Were you Mark’s maths teacher?’ he asked. When she nodded, he replied: ‘Mark talked about you a lot.’

After the funeral, most of Mark’s former classmates went for a meal together. Mark’s parents were there and waiting to have a word with his teacher. ‘We want to show you something,’ the father said, taking a wallet out of his pocket. ‘This was found on Mark when he was killed. We thought you might recognise it.’ Carefully he removed two very well worn pieces of notebook paper. The teacher recognised them as the list of the good things Mark’s classmates had once said about him.

‘Thank you so much for doing that,’ Mark’s mother said. ‘As you can see, our son treasured his list.’ His former classmates had gathered around and were listening. One of them said: ‘I too still have my list. I keep it in the top drawer of my desk at home and have a look at it when I feel down.’ One of the wives of her former students stepped forward with: ‘My husband asked me to put his list into our wedding album.’ ‘I also have mine,’ one of her former women students said: ‘I keep it in my diary.’

Another woman reached into her handbag. Pulling her rather frazzled looking list out to show to the group, she said: ‘I carry it with me at all times. I think all of us have kept our lists. In moments of weakness and self-doubt I look at mine and it gives me a warm feeling inside to know that all these people think well of me and are my friends, and that I love them, too. ’ I do believe that there is an afterlife and each time I think of Mark, I sense that he still loves me as much as I love him. The woman’s words made the teacher cry and she felt she was weeping as much for Mark as for all those who would never be able to see him again in this world.

The pace of life these days is so fast that we are in constant danger of forgetting that inevitably all our Earth lives have to end one day. Nobody knows when that will be for any one of us. Why not make a point of every so often telling the people you love and think highly of, how special and important they are to you. Do this before it’s too late and they have passed onto the other side of the veil of consciousness that separates Earth life from the world of light, our true home.

However, friendships are not merely gifts for one lifetime, they can last forever – if that’s what we want them to be and we take good care of them. Aquarius is the sign of friendship and kinship with all life and the times we are living in are all about these themes. That is why friendships are becoming of ever greater importance. Even the smallest efforts in this respect are never wasted, because all our friendships – new and old ones – will accompany us into all subsequent ones. We shall quite literally take them with us into Eternity. And even if someone has already crossed the bridge into the world of light, it is not too late to send them our love and blessings. The spirits and souls there are in as much need of them as anywhere – maybe even more so. Some of them come to my mind, in particular family members with whom it was impossible, for one reason or another, to make peace while they still dwelled with us on this plane.

Focussing on that which is good and positive in people is a wonderful aid to building solid and lasting friendships. It creates an appreciation for each other that is based on love and goodwill. This is the best foundation if we wish to keep our friendships going. In contrast to this, criticism can all too easily destroy them. To become more tolerant towards the foibles and idiosyncrasies of those around us, I find it helpful to take a closer look at their Sun signs. Very soon one then discovers that frequently folks cannot help doing the irritating and annoying things they do. Let’s face it, that is something we are all prone to.

To illustrate this with an example, one of my friends is a Sun Virgo, an Earth sign, with his Sun in the first house, the natural domain of Aries, a Fire sign. True to his Virgo approach to life he loves nit-picking, looking for flaws in everything that comes his way and because of this unable to see the wood for the trees. He blurts out the first thing that comes to him, rather than getting his mind into gear before speaking. In addition to these negative characteristics of his Sun sign, he also displays a collection of the Arian ones, the house position of his Sun. He very rapidly jumps to conclusions – the wrong ones, more often than not – and loves shooting first and asking the questions, if any, afterwards. Through this he usually misses the point I am trying to make completely. On top of all these things he is always on the lookout for someone to cross swords with – Aries again.

Being familiar with his birthchart, I know that he just cannot help himself, because he is ‘ruled by the Star’s. What this means you can find out by following the link at the end. My knowledge enables me to smile to myself when he launches one of his attacks, rather than getting angry and annoyed. Then I forgive him and still think of him as my friend, which I certainly am.

Wise ones who are interested in self-mastery, the ultimate goal of our earthly education, can turn astrology into a wonderful lifehelp that can give them pointers about their negative character traits. This enables them to start working on rising above and overcoming them. And by studying my interpretations of your friends’ Sun signs with a bit of practice you will be able to see that some of their behaviour is part of their main life’s lessons, as revealed by their Sun sign by sign and house position reveals. Reading about yours will go a long way towards overcoming your own troublesome habits and characteristics. See for yourself how working with these things can help our friendships to run much more smoothly.

The best and easiest way of finding any of my interpretations, your friends’ as well as your own, is as follows. Either click on the relevant link below and look for what you need there or go to my website and find the search box on the left hand side, just below the main headings. Type the name of the file you are looking for into it, for example ‘The Sun in Aries’. From the appearing file names choose the ones that interest you.

Recommended Reading:
From ‘Words & Prayers For Friendship Healing’

Edited by Aquarius 5/22/2015 7:01 AM
Ophiucus
Posted 5/22/2015 12:59 PM (#26261 - in reply to #23562)

Forum Administrator

Hello Dear Aquarius

It is sometimes rather hard to discern where your posts are based on the actual narratives of events, or where they are parables, or stories or fables for learning.

This makes quite a difference as to how they might be taken.

This is a passing reflection as I am wondering whether this thread should be frozen; since few seem to post currently. If so, your own links to your web-pages as placed here would be a timely marking point.

Any observations on that would be a great help to deliberations.

Warmest regards

O
mruppert
Posted 5/22/2015 6:00 PM (#26262 - in reply to #26261)

Expert

Hello O,

Unless some rule of the discussion board is being broken, what would be the reason to freeze this thread?

Although it seems that no one participates except we four and the view count seems small, is that a valid reason?

I think the discussion, even what little there is, seems worthwhile and enlightening in its own way.

I also see that there is a concern that post after post after post by Aqua with recommended readings and no comment or feedback from others  may somehow be interpreted as being an "official" doctrine of UMS by the new seeker and the potential student.   Also, essentially, free exposure for Rays of Wisdom.

But the discussion has brought forth some themes that are broader than the actual content of the many  posts. Among ourselves, we may not readily see these themes. And, when dealing with such a complex codification of spirituality as these posts represent, it is hard for any of us to rise above the actual words and see the themes in and of themselves. When you believe in something that is a life's work, it is hard to see beyond that or contrary to that.

Frozen, the discussion stops but the questions remain. Open, the discussion continues for as long as anyone cares to participate and the questions lead to more questions and then some.

Just my thoughts,

Marty and LuckyLee 

mruppert
Posted 5/22/2015 6:11 PM (#26263 - in reply to #26261)

Expert

Hiho Aqua:

We are a pesky bunch, we Virgos.

But, being a Virgo/Virgo I can only say that if I tell you it is safe to walk across a pit of vipers, you will reach the other end of the pit in A #1 condition, simply because I will make sure that it is so. On the same token, if I tell you to not cross the street at this corner, but you do it anyway for whatever reason, you will get hit by the car that you did not see, but I did.

Plenty of love and bunches of hugs,

Marty and LuckyLee (she is most likely a Gemini....can't really tell

Aquarius
Posted 5/23/2015 6:54 AM (#26265 - in reply to #26263)

UMS Guest

mruppert - 5/23/2015 12:11 AM

Hiho Aqua:

We are a pesky bunch, we Virgos.

But, being a Virgo/Virgo I can only say that if I tell you it is safe to walk across a pit of vipers, you will reach the other end of the pit in A #1 condition, simply because I will make sure that it is so. On the same token, if I tell you to not cross the street at this corner, but you do it anyway for whatever reason, you will get hit by the car that you did not see, but I did.

Plenty of love and bunches of hugs,

Marty and LuckyLee (she is most likely a Gemini....can't really tell)

Hello Marty,

Thanks for attempting to help, anyway.

God bless and take care. 

With love - Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 5/23/2015 7:14 AM (#26266 - in reply to #26261)

UMS Guest

Ophiucus - 5/22/2015 6:59 PM Hello Dear Aquarius It is sometimes rather hard to discern where your posts are based on the actual narratives of events, or where they are parables, or stories or fables for learning. This makes quite a difference as to how they might be taken. This is a passing reflection as I am wondering whether this thread should be frozen; since few seem to post currently. If so, your own links to your web-pages as placed here would be a timely marking point. Any observations on that would be a great help to deliberations. Warmest regards O

Dear Ophiucus,

Thank you for your thoughts on how to create a better understanding of the tales and parables I occasionally use. It is sound advice and I will bear it in mind for future stories of this nature.

With regards to whether to freeze this thread – maybe all others of mine as well – naturally, the decision rests in your hands. When I first started to post on ‘Food For Thought’ again, after an absence of some time, it was done because the forum created the impression that it had become almost defunct. Noticing that no-one seemed to be posting any more, during a visit to the forum, made me feel sad. Having known it as a lively and vibrant place, good for meeting new people and making friends, as well as exchanging views on the spiritual aspects of life, welcoming towards guest – like me – with typical American kindness and warmth, I felt like contributing something to help restore some of the forum’s glory. 

So, that’s what I did and the viewing figures seem to say that my attempt succeeded. Besides, there are at least four of us by now who are posting, asking questions and responding to them. That’s a great deal more than some time ago.

As far as the links to my website are concerned, it may interest you to hear that Google Analytics shows that very few people are actually using them. To me, they represent reference points to which part of my writings the article in question belongs.

With love – Aquarius

Edited by Aquarius 5/23/2015 9:50 AM
Aquarius
Posted 5/23/2015 7:18 AM (#26267 - in reply to #26262)

UMS Guest

mruppert - 5/23/2015 12:00 AM . . . the discussion has brought forth some themes that are broader than the actual content of the many  posts. Among ourselves, we may not readily see these themes. And, when dealing with such a complex codification of spirituality as these posts represent, it is hard for any of us to rise above the actual words and see the themes in and of themselves. When you believe in something that is a life's work, it is hard to see beyond that or contrary to that.

Frozen, the discussion stops but the questions remain. Open, the discussion continues for as long as anyone cares to participate and the questions lead to more questions and then some. Just my thoughts, Marty and LuckyLee 

Wise words, well spoken, dear Marty. 

Thank you.

With love - Aquarius

Ophiucus
Posted 5/23/2015 10:21 AM (#26268 - in reply to #26267)

Forum Administrator

Dear Everyone

Yes, of course, how right you all are ... sometimes it is part of our job to ask questions even if we suspect that we know the answers, but if only to evoke the unthought thought or thoughts ...

Sorry if I raised any anxieties ... let's keep Threading ....

And thanks both to Marty and Aquarius for your continuing and inestimable contributions!

Warm wishes, regards and blessings

Ophiucus

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/23/2015 11:05 AM (#26269 - in reply to #26267)

PhD Alumni

Yeah .... with such sparse activity it would be a shame - even perverse ! - to close down one of the few live and ongoing discussions!!
Aquarius
Posted 5/23/2015 2:39 PM (#26271 - in reply to #26269)

UMS Guest

Thank you, dear Friends, for your continued support and your kind and loving words for my contribution to this forum.

Much appreciated, all of them. 

I hope you find my re-design of the first posting of this thread to your liking. 

I hope it sufficiently draws the attention to the fact that my writings are MY beliefs and do not represent the UMS's.

With love - Aquarius

Edited by Aquarius 5/23/2015 2:46 PM
mruppert
Posted 5/23/2015 7:10 PM (#26272 - in reply to #26271)

Expert

A Fond Hello to All:
Let me try a different approach. Instead of a pesky Virgo, I will align myself with pesky Martins. The particular Martin I refer to missed being a Virgo by a few days and thus was a Libra.
I am in no way gonna try this in German for reasons which are obvious.
I quote:

"To think Being itself explicitly requires disregarding Being to the extent that it is only grounded and interpreted in terms of beings and for beings as their ground, as in all metaphysics."

Maybe the German to English just didn't work, or maybe I am reading on a grade school level, but as for now, this is gibberish. BUT, then again,

I quote:

"Making itself intelligible is suicide for philosophy."

We Martins love a good bit of humour in our lives.

Love You Guys.....
Marty and LuckyLee

And Ophie....don't go crazy now......the quotes are commonly published in discussions of Martin Heideggar, no attributions to source needed. But hey, man, be on the look out.....we may need to use some German since that is the only language in the world that has the precision to explain metaphysical concepts precisely.

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/24/2015 5:22 AM (#26274 - in reply to #26271)

PhD Alumni

Dear Aquarius

That is a very nice redesign. Like it !

Love

Paul
Aquarius
Posted 5/24/2015 6:48 AM (#26275 - in reply to #26272)

UMS Guest

mruppert - 5/24/2015 1:10 . . .  "Making itself intelligible is suicide for philosophy." . . .

Dear Marty,

If by philosophy you mean merely repeating parrot-fashion what others said who came before us, you are right. But I have to admit that I have little time for this kind of thing. I very much prefer to find a fresh approach through my own insights and drawing my own conclusions, so they can be shared with others.

With love - Aquarius

Edited by Aquarius 5/24/2015 6:49 AM
Aquarius
Posted 5/24/2015 6:50 AM (#26276 - in reply to #26274)

UMS Guest

Paul Joseph - 5/24/2015 11:22 AM Dear Aquarius That is a very nice redesign. Like it ! Love Paul

Dear Paul - glad you like it and thank you for saying so. 

With love - Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 5/24/2015 6:51 AM (#26277 - in reply to #26276)

UMS Guest

The Power Of Thought

Today I would like to share with you a White Eagle teaching from ‘The Star Of The North’ January 2015: ‘Once a man came over to the spirit world and when he was shown his new home, he was astonished to find that quite a large corner of it was unfinished. His guide said ‘You have noticed that your home is not yet complete?’ ‘Yes,’ replied the man, ‘I am disappointed. ‘ ‘Well,’ came the reply: ‘Go away and think hard about the perfect finished structure and then come back to us.’ The man did this and upon his return he was delighted to find that his home was now complete.

‘This simple story sets out a fact of life. The whole point of our message is that thought has an infinite and creative power. Thought and imagination can create in your world and in ours. Do you see what this implies? It means that man by his habitual thought actually shapes his life and circumstances. Although some of you will disagree with this, nevertheless in due time you will find it is true. As you think, so you will become, and your surroundings will evolve. In other words you are creating your conditions and environment by your own thoughts, not only you yourself, but the whole of humankind is doing this. You see how great and grave is this power? It creates humankind and its world.

‘We cannot emphasise too strongly the power of thought. Humankind thinks that thought is something private. Your thoughts are expressed in your face, in the wellbeing of your body. They are even expressed in your clothing, in your homes, in your business, in your walking, your writing, your aura – that which is hidden is shouted from the rooftops by your thoughts.

‘Thought can heal and create good health, but it can also inflict pain and disease, and disrupt and destroy the mental and soul life of humankind. Thought can do anything in your world and others. Thoughts of anger, fear and hate form the root of all suffering and wars. Thought can also bring forth beauty and harmony, feelings of kinship and everything else humankind longs for. Your scientists are only on the outermost fringe of comprehending the power of thought.

‘We, your guides in the world of light, work as far as possible with the positive and creative power of thought. When giving advice, we make it a rule that it should always be constructive and seeing nothing but good, although some of you may call us foolishly optimistic.

‘Your thoughts are helping your world to enlightenment. In days gone by, people gathered in temples and projected the illumined light of the Christ Spirit to help in the evolution of life on Earth. So will it be again.’

From ‘A Collection Of My Favourite White Eagle Teachings’

‘Healers And Healing’

Aquarius
Posted 5/24/2015 6:55 AM (#26278 - in reply to #26277)

UMS Guest

On Eagle’s Wings

Refrain:
And He will raise you up on Eagle’s wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the Sun
And hold you in the palm of His hand.

You who dwell in the shelter of the Universal Christ,
Who abide in His shadow for life,
They say to Him:
‘My refuge, my rock, in You I trust.’

The snare of the fowler will never capture you,
And famine will bring you no fear.
Under His wings is your refuge
And His faithfulness is your shield.

You need not fear the terror of the night,
Nor the arrow that flies by day.
Though thousands may fall about you,
Near you it shall not come.

For to His Angels He’s given command
To guard you in all of your ways.
Upon their hands they will bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

Michael Joncas
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Astrology On The Healing Journey’

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/24/2015 10:23 AM (#26279 - in reply to #23562)

PhD Alumni

Dear Aquarius

Re: On Eagle's Wings: Call me a traditionalist but I must say I very much prefer the unmutilated original, Psalm 91, King James 1 version ... though regrettably I cannot read it in the original Hebrew.

Re: Your post before from White Eagle: the first paragraph of that reminded me of one of my father-in-law's experiences on arrival in Siberia to where he was deported from Eastern Poland at the outbreak of World War Two. He and his fellow prisoners were unloaded from the cattle trucks by the guards. The commanding officer pointed at the frozen forest and said, "there, that will be your camp. But you have to build it first..."

Love
Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 5/24/2015 10:33 AM
Aquarius
Posted 5/24/2015 2:11 PM (#26280 - in reply to #26279)

UMS Guest

Dear Paul – my version is the updated one for the Aquarian Age. And here is the original, especially for you:

You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord,
Who abide in his shadow for life,
Say to the Lord:
‘My refuge, my rock in whom I trust.’

The snare of the fowler will never capture you,
And famine will bring you no fear.
Under his wings your refuge,
His faithfulness your shield.

You need not fear the terror of the night,
Nor the arrow that flies by day,
Though thousands fall about you,
Near you it shall not come.

For to his Angels He’s given command
To guard you in all of your ways;
Upon their hands they will bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

Refrain:
And He will raise you up on Eagle’s wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the Sun
And hold you in the palm of His hand.

Michael Joncas

Jump to page : < ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 >
Now viewing page 27 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum