University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Food For Thought
[Frozen]

Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... >
Now viewing page 24 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mruppert
Posted 4/20/2015 5:53 PM (#26122 - in reply to #26121)
Subject: Re: Food For Thought

Expert

Dear Foodies,
Just a little something to clog the ethereal arteries.........

The little girl pulling her toy along comes upon a group of people, Father Merrin among them, and a Nazi officer. The officer smiles at the little girl, extends his free hand, and then shoots her in the head.
He says:
Sergeant Major: "God is not here today, priest!" (from Exorcist: The Beginning).

The problem I have with this scene is the line, which is not at all religious or realistic. In my view, God was, indeed, there. God did nothing. That could be for several reasons.....
1) Maybe God was mean spirited that day.
2) Maybe God was testing the others, though for what purpose I am not able to fathom.
3) BEST REASON-maybe God didn't know what to do!!!!

If we are created in the image of God then that means God and us are a lot alike. Soooooo, maybe God has good and bad days; is nice; plays mean jokes; or simply doesn't know what to do. Maybe God gets a headache or has a tumor.......it's not a tumah! (Thanks, Arnold...classic line).
Maybe God would stand around a video stuff on his iPhone, then post it on You Tube. But, I hope not.

Aqwah posts the "gods in the making" every now and then. I sure hope that I get to be God. I have ideas about what should happen to people who record violence, brutality, humiliation and human misery and then post this stuff.

Waiting in the KinderGoden,
Marty and LuckyLee

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Aquarius
Posted 4/21/2015 7:00 AM (#26123 - in reply to #26122)

UMS Guest

Marty, my dear Friend, haven't you understood anything I have been trying to share with you here?

With love - Aquarius

mruppert
Posted 4/21/2015 5:38 PM (#26124 - in reply to #26123)

Expert

Good Tidings Aqua........

Yes, I understand all of what you write. However, that does not mean that I agree with all that you write.

Sincerely yours,

Marty and LuckyLee

"What if God were one of us?" - Joan Osborne wants to know

Aquarius
Posted 4/22/2015 6:57 AM (#26125 - in reply to #26124)

UMS Guest

Hello Marty - you must follow your inner guidance to tell you what your truth is, the same as I listen to mine.

With love - Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 4/22/2015 7:00 AM (#26126 - in reply to #26124)

UMS Guest

mruppert - 4/21/2015 11:38 PM . . ."What if God were one of us?" - Joan Osborne wants to know.

One of these days John Osborne too will come to realise that God truly is one of us, that in fact he himself is God, just the same as everybody else. One of these days you will also understand this, dear Marty, my brother in spirit and friend. God bless you and keep you safe, always.

With love - Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 4/22/2015 9:03 AM (#26127 - in reply to #26126)

UMS Guest

P.S. Whatever I share with you is my  truth - you alone can decide what yours is.

Ask your inner guidance; it will never let you down or mislead you.

With love - Aquarius
mruppert
Posted 4/22/2015 7:12 PM (#26128 - in reply to #26126)

Expert

Hiya Aqua, the flower of my garden.......

Another Joan pretended to be maybe a John so she could fight. And lucky for the Frenchies that she did because she saved their soufflé from the British hob. But, what thanks did she get?

She became a French Fry?

Anyway, John wrote (among other trivialities) "Look Back In Anger" a review of which spawned the term embraced by young Brits and Americans of the time "angry young man".

But, we also have Ozzy Osbourne (a variation in the spelling) who became famous doing absolutely nothing but singing badly.....as the genius behind Black Sabbath was always Tony Iommi.

You see Aqua, in Black Sabbath the bad singing was ameliorated by the great guitar work of Tony. This is in contrast to a group like AC/DC where the bad singing of Bon Scot WAS the highlight of the group. ((((side-note.......I wish Alfie Omega were here as he can explain these points more colorfully than I do......)))).

If any of our dear readers are inclined, step on over to Stochastic Music, the place where you wanna be even if you don't wanna be....and I will put Joan/John's song....a one hit wonder!!!!

Peace and the Real Thing to you all,

Marty and my pride of cat kingdom joy, LuckyLee 

Paul Joseph
Posted 4/23/2015 5:11 AM (#26130 - in reply to #26128)

PhD Alumni

Hi All and both

I wanted to reply sooner, but I have been sorely pressed by Life, and also ruminated long on Marty's great question, and although I also think I have understood what Aqua writes - and recognise its' similarities with the UMS Aadvayita teachings, and even, some of Jesus' own esotericism -

cannot help feeling the question about, as it were, God in the dock - ie, if we were to try God, would we find her/him guilty of anything - lacking compassion maybe in Marty's example ...?

Of course the Christian answer is that in God's form, Jesus suffered all our passions ... but I also think that version has its limitations..

Buddhism seems to think it is all an illusion on the Wheel of Becoming

Hasidism thinks (and I resonate quite a bit with this one), that in the act of creating all and everything, God withdrew and was what, annihilated, exhausted ..? Whatever He/She can no longer intervenew

Islam, well I cam currently confused by Islam I thought once upon a time I thought it stood for submission to Divine Love ...

I then started to wonder, maybe God is not infallible, and made a mistake in making 'free will', choice and chance, the essential prerequisites for life to exist as we know it ... what if that were not the case, what would like then look like?

I hesitiate to say God is all of us in becoming (a la, Aqua and Teilhard de Chardin), because in my view we seem to be going downhiill not uphill as a civilization - although maybe that proves the point ...

I sometimes picture God as sitting shaking her/his head at what the creation turned into and whether it could have been done any other way. I suspect it could not have. But Who knows?

Edited by Paul Joseph 4/23/2015 5:12 AM
Aquarius
Posted 4/23/2015 7:03 AM (#26132 - in reply to #26130)

UMS Guest

Extract from How Did Everything Begin?

Spirit alone can create matter and matter can never be separate from spirit. Every cell and atom is not only imbued with spirit, it is spirit. Because the masculine aspect of the Divine Trinity, the God, is spirit and therefore abstract and invisible to earthly eyes, one could say that God is formless. Everything that has taken on some kind of a form represents His feminine counterpart, the Goddess. The two are inseparable and their all-consciousness contains the most beautiful and perfect forms that the Creator imagination can conceive. In Earth terms such an ideal shape may take a very long time to manifest itself. But from the moment when its creation begins, it will always show itself in some form of expression. In the long course of its evolution the perfect form increasingly comes into being, until it has reached such beauty and glory that it is hard for human minds to visualise.

All life forms on our planet are still in quite a crude state. But, as our spirit and soul advance on the evolutionary spiral of life, they – the same as you and me and everybody else – will move on to more and more advanced levels of life and evolve into something much more beautiful than at present is possible on our planet. No original design is ever withdrawn. Each one is constantly being worked on and improved. Therefore, if the ideal something we long for is still missing here, as long as we follow our inner guidance, the Highest Star and the brightest light in the whole of Creation will eventually help us find it.

Recommended Reading:
From ‘Our World In Transition’

Aquarius
Posted 4/23/2015 10:19 AM (#26134 - in reply to #26132)

UMS Guest

Hello Paul,

I believe that all the religions of our world are merely different pathways up the spiritual mountain that lead to our loving union with the One. I do not believe that any one of them is more right or wrong than all the others. None is superior or inferior to all others. Each one is merely different approach and offers a different perspective. Only when one puts them all together like a giant jigsaw puzzle, does the greater picture become visible and whole thing begins to make sense.

This, in my view, is all we need at the beginning of our journey into mysticism, which every soul travels in the end.  It is a slowly growing awareness that God is in all things and everything is in God, that the same is true for us and that this is the reason for the saying ‘as above, so below’. The next step is the discovery that our God is one of duality and forces which are in polar opposition to each other, that nothing is out of the reach or beyond the will of God, and that therefore our God not only in beauty, love and truth but also in everything else. The start of our present voyage of exploration signals the end of our training as an apprentice God on the Earth plane, which at that point comes within our reach.

Having waded sufficiently through the depths of the experiences of physical existences, each one of us eventually reaches the part of our education where we are ready to go in search of our own understanding of God’s wisdom and truth. Because of this there comes a time when we begin to feel an increasing urge to leave book-learning behind and go in pursuit of a deeper comprehension of life that has grown organically in our own heart and soul from the learning we have gained thus far. The hear-say of myths, legends and stories with second hand knowledge then no longer satisfies our spirit and soul’s spiritual hunger and thirst. Nothing will do for us but going on a quest for our own version of God’s truth.

Aware that all ways lead to the One, we trustingly put our small hands into those of God and the Angels and venture forward. Under their guidance and protection we are ready to scale the heights of the spiritual mountain. As constantly practising the best of our Creator’s characteristics until they have become our own is the best way of making progress on the spiritual pathway, we give of our best and pursue only that which comes across to us as beautiful, loving, good, true and right. But even that is only acceptable to us if our inner guidance confirms that this is so. There are many wolves in sheep’s closing in our world and on the road up the spiritual mountain, so beware. Every human soul on this highway, the same as on any other, can be likened to a many-faceted jewel. Each one of us travels on a somewhat different ray and all colours of the rainbow are contained in the radiance of the Highest Star and the brightest light in the whole of Creation, the Christ Star, the true light of God.

Extract from ‘The Pot Of Gold At The End Of The Rainbow’

With love - Aquarius

Edited by Aquarius 4/23/2015 2:35 PM
Aquarius
Posted 4/24/2015 6:35 AM (#26137 - in reply to #26134)

UMS Guest

The Lord’s Prayer

Now I sit me down in school,
Where praying is against the rule,
For this great nation under God,
Finds mention of Him very odd.

If scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That’s no offense; it’s a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.

For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all.
In silence alone we must meditate,
God’s name is prohibited by the State.

We’re allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.
They’ve outlawed guns, but first the Bible.
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.

We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the ‘unwed daddy,’ our Senior King.
It’s ‘inappropriate’ to teach right from wrong,
We’re taught that such ‘judgments’ do not belong.

We can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles,
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd.

It’s scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns and school’s a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot, my soul please take!

Amen before my Father.

Written by a fifteen year old in Minnesota, USA

School prayer in its common usage refers to state-sanctioned and/or mandatory prayer by students in public schools. Depending on the country and type of school, state-sponsored prayer may be required, permitted or prohibited. Countries which prohibit or limit school prayer often differ in their reasons for doing so.

In the United States, school prayer cannot be required of students in accordance with the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. In Canada, school prayer is disallowed under the concept of Freedom of Conscience, as outlined in the Canadian Charter on Rights & Fundamental Freedoms. School prayer is disallowed in France as a byproduct of its status as a laïcist (religiously neutral) nation. Countries that allow or require school and other state-sponsored prayer include Greece, Iran, Australia, Italy and the United Kingdom.

Recommended Reading:

Aquarius
Posted 4/26/2015 6:56 AM (#26143 - in reply to #26137)

UMS Guest

Finding Peace Of Mind

1) Stop meddling with other people’s business:

Most of us create our own problems by interfering too much in other people’s affairs. We do so to our detriment if somehow we have convinced ourselves that our way is better than somebody else’s and that our logic is a perfect one, and that those who do not conform to our thinking must be criticised and steered in the right direction, namely ours. This kind of thinking shows no respect for the other’s individuality and their intuition, through which the living God within each one of us tells us what is right or wrong, in any given situation. There is no way that someone else can reliably know what that is.

God created each one of us to be unique and special. That is why no two human beings can think or act exactly the same way. Showing love and compassion to someone else’s suffering, whilst carefully minding our own business at the same time, does wonders for our inner state of mind. Lend a sympathetic ear and listen attentively to what the other one has to say, offer them a shoulder to cry on, but resist the temptation to give advice, unless it has been asked for.

2) Forgive:

Love can only flourish where there is an equal measure of giving and taking, as well as the willingness of both parties to forgive. Forgiveness is the most powerful tool for finding peace of mind. There is no point in developing ill feelings for and nurturing grievances against those who insult or harm us. These things may result in loss of sleep, development of stomach ulcers and also high blood pressure.

Once an insult or injury has been done, unless we forgive the perpetrator, nourishing grievances may go on until we finally do so, because our inner self is likely to remind us that an unresolved issue is waiting to be attended to. It is more constructive by far not to waste our precious time on such trifles, but to learn something from every experience, then to forgive, as that frees us to move on to different ones.

3) Do not crave recognition:

The selfishness that is inherent in the character make-up of every human soul is a natural part of the Divine gift of the survival instinct. The older and more experienced the soul becomes, i.e. the more times it has travelled round the zodiac and taken part in the whole gamut of human experiences that are the essential ingredient of our earthly education, the more this selfishness is shed. Until the soul’s enthusiasm is increasingly fired by altruistic and higher motifs for the good of all humankind, instead for the glorification of the self, takes many lifetimes. So, don’t be disappointed when many still react in overly selfish ways.

Don’t be too harsh on anyone, but give thanks and praise to God and the Angels that you have left behind that particular educational phase. Refuse to sit in judgement over anyone, for the simple reason that you know how unwise this is. Your most important lesson now is the practice of showing love and tolerance in all your daily encounters. Attend to it diligently and bear in mind that every person we meet can teach us something. This is particularly true for those who behave unpleasantly towards us. Because we all have everything within, we all have to experience every single one of the expressions of our lower earthly nature, before the ascent into developing the higher and highest aspects of our nature can begin. The blatant selfishness, greed, jealousy and cruelty that some are displaying show those who are already climbing the spiritual mountain how they no longer want to be.

Don’t kill yourself by striving for any kind of recognition; when you have worked hard enough and therefore deserve it, it will come on its own. Patiently, willingly and lovingly do what you have to do to the best of your ability, with honesty and integrity, then hand your work over to God and the Angels and let them do the rest.

4) Forget about being jealous of other people’s achievements:

Nothing disturbs our peace of mind as much as jealousy, when in truth there is never any need for it. Any success that crowns someone’s efforts on the Earth plane has to be worked for very hard at some stage. No success ever falls into anyone’s lap, although on the surface of earthly life this may often appear to be the case, there is no such thing spiritually. Accomplishments have to earned, if this did not happen during someone’s present lifetime, then it is due to the credits its soul has brought with it into this lifetime in the spiritual ledger that accompanies each one of us during the whole course of our evolution. Peace of mind comes through knowing and accepting that all things on our present level of life can only happen for karmic reasons. So, make your peace with the Universe and say: ‘Thy will be done, not mine! Success will come to me, but in Thy time, not mine!’

From the spiritual point of view – the most important one of all – the outcome of every effort we make depends not only on the karmic aspect of what we have brought with us in our spiritual ledger into present lifetime from previous ones, on the credit as well as the debit side. Our inner motivations are of equal importance. What are we hoping to achieve? Are we hoping for material gains and that our enterprise turns into a money-spinning one?

Or are we looking towards our inner guidance to be shown how we can do our share of being about the Father’s business by altruistically serving life on the Earth plane and the One who created it? For example, the suffering of humankind can be alleviated by releasing ever more of us from the dungeon of ignorance and false beliefs, to get us all that bit nearer to the end to the suffering that these things have created for us and our world? As long as we pay attention to what rises from within by doing the things we naturally feel drawn to, we are sure to find what is rightfully ours.

Don’t expect the world to change to accommodate you. Instead, change your character so you fit better into our world.

If you try to change the environment single-handedly, the chances are you will fail. Peace of mind comes through changing ourselves and finding a different perception of our world and our place in it. Through learning to love and accept our world the way it is, an environment we previously perceived to be unfriendly and hostile, can mysteriously change and become more congenial and harmonious.

5) Change the things you can and accept and endure with patience the ones you cannot:

In this way a disadvantage can be turned into an advantage. Every day we all have to tackle inconveniences, ailments, irritations and accidents that are beyond our control. If we cannot control such things or change them, we need to cheerfully and patiently endure them. Proving to ourselves and our world that this is possible helps us to grow in patience, inner strength and willpower, as well as wisdom and understanding.

6) Know and accept your limitations:

Many take on more responsibilities than they are capable of carrying out. It is essential to know our limitations and refuse to take on additional loads that create nothing but stress for us.

7) Meditate regularly:

Peace of mind can only be gained through reducing our engagements in the material world and spending more time in our inner world. Prayers, meditations, quiet reflections and inner dialogues with our Highest Self, the living God within, soothe and calm the mind. Let Him/Her be your teacher and guide. This is the only place in the whole wide world where truth can be found and where you can safely put all the questions you have always wanted to ask and to which no-one ever seemed to know the right and full answers.

Learn to pay attention to the responses that rise from the very core of your own being at all times. Be patient because this hardly ever happens straight away. Stay as peaceful as you can through resting safely in the knowledge that the answers you are seeking will come. I am one of those who do this by writing down the impressions and ideas that come forth. You might like to try it and maybe amaze yourself at all the things you did not know you knew or rather about the knowledge that rises this way into your consciousness from within the core of your own being.

Meditation calms the mind and diminishes the amount of thoughts that makes it restless. The less cluttered our minds are with everyday thoughts and inner chatter, the greater peace of mind can be achieved. If you meditate earnestly for half an hour every day, your mind is likely to be more peaceful and not as easily disturbed for the rest of that day. Even if you can only spare five or ten minutes each day, benefits can be reaped; it is helpful to gradually increase these periods. Meditation does not interfere with our daily work. On the contrary, it increases our efficiency and we can produce better results in less time.

Find the right food for your earthly mind:

It would be all too simplistic to say that an empty mind is the devil’s workshop and that all evil actions start in vacant minds. The earthly mind was given to us for good purpose and we are responsible for what we allow our minds to be filled with. Concentrate on that which is positive and worthwhile. Take up an interesting hobby and do things that hold your attention.

Regularly take stock of your life and decide what you truly value and what is worth more to you: money or peace of mind. Some work and hobbies, for example that of the social or spiritual kind may not always earn you more money, but it will bring you a sense of fulfilment and achievement.

Stop procrastinating and never regret anything, but gratefully learn something from every experience that comes your way, so that through it you may grow more heaven-tall.

Too much time is wasted by endlessly wondering: ‘Should I or should I not?’ Days, weeks, months and years may elapse fruitlessly through this kind of futile mental debating. Learn to go with the flow of your life and respond to the promptings you receive from the Universe and your inner teacher and guide. Accept that the future is not ours to see and that what will be, will be. Forget about planning everything and use affirmations like: ‘That which is for my highest good and my greatest joy is now drawn to me, in perfect ways!’ Then step back to see what the Universe may wish to bring you. Follow Its guidance and seize the opportunities when they come your way. One step at a time, go forwards and give of your best, resting safely in the knowledge that the Universal laws will ensure that only the best can return to you.

Whenever you try something new, it does not really matter whether you succeed or fail. So long as you learn something and make another attempt, if need be many times over, you will succeed in the end. Sitting back and worrying will get you nowhere, but learning from your mistakes and not unnecessarily brooding on the past does. Instead of spending time on regrets and crying over spilt milk, show your willingness to the Universe to cheerfully and courageously move on to new experiences.

At all times, rest safely in the knowledge that your Highest Self is guiding and protecting you. If you but ask, it will show you how your consciousness can expand and your wisdom and understanding of life grow through everything that comes your way.

Edited by Aquarius 4/26/2015 7:01 AM
Aquarius
Posted 4/27/2015 7:50 AM (#26148 - in reply to #26143)

UMS Guest

Healing Prayer For Disaster Victims

Great Spirit, Father/Mother of all life,
And Your only born Son, the Spirit of the Universal Christ,
May the radiance of Your Power and Strength
Flow freely into us and our world and especially into
All who are affected by natural disasters,
In particular those who died in the
Earthquakes in Haiti, Chile and Nepal,
As well as flooding and landslides.

Grant us and our world the gift of Your love,
So that together with You and the Angels.
Please help us to lift the souls of those
Who through these events found their way back
Home into the world of light,
Not on their own, but on the blessing, healing and helping
Hands of the Rescuing Angels, who ensure that
The spirits and souls of the victims securely rest
Forever in Your loving embrace,
The same as all of us do,
As none will ever be forgotten or left behind.

May Your Divine courage and strength
Flow into the survivors on this plane of our world,
And also into those who are tending to the sick and wounded
In mind, body, spirit and soul.
In the name of love we ask these things from You,
And for the sake of the blessing and healing
Of our world and all worlds.

Amen

From ‘Healers And Healing’

Ophiucus
Posted 4/27/2015 3:12 PM (#26150 - in reply to #26143)

Forum Administrator

Thanks Friend Aquarius

Reminds me a little of The 12 Step Prayer; only commenting, as every step on the Stairway to Heaven is another immeasurable step thereto, so we can only hope
Aquarius
Posted 4/28/2015 7:24 AM (#26154 - in reply to #26150)

UMS Guest

Thanks and God bless you, dear Friend Ophiucus.

With love - Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 4/28/2015 7:25 AM (#26155 - in reply to #26154)

UMS Guest

The True Cause Of All Disasters

What are we to make of natural events like the catastrophic earthquakes and tsunamis that every so often strike our world, as well as the man-made disasters like those of New York 9/11 and London 7/7/2005, and all the other catastrophes that have taken place in the past? I believe that they – the natural ones and those brought about by humankind – can only be explained and understood from the viewpoint of the Karma and destiny of our whole world. My intuitive inner guidance tells me that natural disasters and acts of terrorism alike can only be understood in the context of lessons we and our world have to learn. The wisdom and understanding garnered from them becomes the property of humankind’s collective soul consciousness, which is an integral part of the soul of the whole of Creation.

The White Eagle group of guides teaches that there are five Universal laws.

1. Reincarnation
  2. Cause and Effect
  3. Opportunity
  4. Correspondences
  5. Compensation (Equilibrium and Balance)

The law of cause and effect is the law of Karma. This law decrees that every cause has its effect and that every effect must have a cause, and that everything in due course has to return to its source. In accordance with this law, all things in the world around us is there for a specific reason and originates from someone’s inner or mental world. The essence of thought power is that every single thought, word and/or action sets something in motion, which in the fullness of time materialises in our environment.

Wise ones know that if we, individually and collectively, wish to become the masters of our destiny, every human soul eventually has to learn to take charge of their earthly minds. They accept that everything that exists and happens in this world is there for good purpose and appears for karmic reasons, i.e. at some stage it was created by one or all of us on the mental level. All wars, disasters and mishaps of any kind on the physical plane, no matter how great or small the events may be, are the result of human ignorance. Their only causes are the destructive thought patterns that over time establish themselves ever more powerfully on the mental level, for as long as the small earthly self still lacks an understanding of the higher and highest aspects of life that operate behind its outer shell, the world of appearances. Until the earthly self wakes up to its true reality and starts to consciously control its thought processes, there is nothing to protect any one of us against the destructiveness of feelings like hatred, greed, distrust and personal power-seeking.

Regardless of how uncomfortable many people to this day feel with this concept, the gruesome incidents taking place in the present are caused by the same thinking patterns, which the human race individually and collectively nurtured in its bosom, in this lifetime and all those of the past. Realising this, the wise ones in our midst refuse to think or speak of good or bad fortune, chances, accidents and coincidences. They are aware that such things do not exist on the physical plane of life and do their best to help others to grasp what truly is at stake for humankind and where the future for all of us lies.

Clearly then, the world around us is but a mirror of that which is happening on the inner levels of life and before anything can appear on the Earth plane, it has to be created on the inner mental plane. Knowing that, it stands to reason that at times of great disasters like the one that took place in Japan, March 2011, when this article was written, some gigantic shifts of consciousness are bound to have taken place on the inner level. As water relates to the emotional level, this particular shaking up of the inner consciousness of our race must have been followed by the sweeping away of huge amounts of the debris of false beliefs and prejudices, accumulated by our race in the course of almost certainly millions of lifetimes.

Bearing this in mind, all the disasters that ever befell our world are likely to have reflected upheavals and major changes on the inner levels of human consciousness and of all life. Now that we are becoming more aware of the spiritual aspects of life and the importance of taking charge of our thinking, events like the above mentioned one most powerfully drive the message home of the oneness of all life and how, on its inner level, we are all one and belong together. That undoubtedly is why such waves of compassion and love, as huge as the water masses of the Tsunamis themselves, go out to those afflicted by natural and man-made disasters, as soon as the news about them reaches the outside world. The heart-warming, overwhelming response from the rest of our world to those who are suffering reflects clearly our inner connection with each other and all life. Whether we are as yet aware of this or not, it is there and we all react to it in some way or another.

It is interesting in this context to reflect on the significance of the arrival of the Cassini Mission space probe on Saturn’s moon Titan, in the context of the 2004 Tsunami. To those who have eyes and see and ears to listen within and without, the probe going into the orbit of Titan at 2am on Christmas Day 2004, also had special meaning. Was the Universe, through our environment, trying to give us a message and draw the attention of our world to the titanic destructive forces of nature? These same forces are contained in each one of us, because we are part of God, as much as God is part of us. These forces have to be understood and mastered by us, individually and collectively, if peace is to come to us and our world, at long last.

Nobody in their right senses would expect humankind to be able to do this on its own. I hope I shall be forgiven for repeating myself, but it cannot be stressed too much that with the help and the will of God all things are possible. After all, the purpose of our finding ourselves in our present existence is that we should learn to ask for and then trust the co-operation of the Highest beings, gratefully accepting their guidance. They are in charge of everything in our world, including us and they know God’s will and plan so much better than we could ever hope to do. They alone can teach us how to uplift and transmute the dark and destructive forces within us and our world into blessing and healing energy to be used for the Highest good of the whole of Creation.

To paraphrase the Buddha, we are shaped by our thoughts and we become what we think. When we have cleansed our earthly minds of all destructive and negative thought patterns and we have become a channel of light and the willing servant of our Highest or God Self, the Christ within, Divine joy, happiness and laughter fill our soul. They follow us like a shadow that never leaves and the necessity for further lifetimes in physicality has drawn to its close.

Recommended Reading:

mruppert
Posted 4/28/2015 7:40 PM (#26156 - in reply to #26155)

Expert

Greetings and Salutations  my friends:

Once again, I don't agree with good old White Eagle or assorted eaglets. I cannot believe that the earth was getting back at the Nepalese for stuff that they did in past lifetimes. I do believe in the movement of tectonic plates and that if you choose to live in highly active danger zones, you will have happen what might or will happen. To tie the movement of tectonic plates to some kind of spiritual meaning is meaningless. It is like saying "the tornado that leveled your house is Gods way of making you stronger." Great words, but not the least bit useful or true.

The "spiritual" world we live in is far more intricate and complex than we can ever strive to have the least bit of understanding. Our conceit comes from the fact that we are the dominant species on the planet at the moment. But, this was not always so. The "dinosaurs" were here for 50,000,000 years. I got bad news for homo sapiens.......we will be here for a mere tick of the clock compared to them. But, unlike the dinosaurs. we are self-destructing!

Peace and Love To All, the climbers are down from one hell to another, but at least they are alive in our sense of meaning,

Marty and LuckyLee (God's gift was to let her live beyond but to make her blind.....xa xa God, very funny joke on LuckyLee!)

P.S. xa xa is how the Bulgarians laugh in print....like our ha ha.....except they pronounce x as kha....so now you know why Bulgarians don't laugh a lot and always seem so sour.

Paul Joseph
Posted 4/29/2015 6:49 AM (#26159 - in reply to #26156)

PhD Alumni

Hi All

I find myself going along with Marty on this one ....

Karma is a way of seeing and making sense of what appears to be a nonsense world, and it has its attractions, but also its worrying aspects as highlighted by Marty.

I am not sure of anything much these days: but it seems to me we are on as a race, a downward, rather than an upward trajectory, turning our planet into the Hell that has been envisaged by some aspects of some religions.

So if we 'becoming as gods', it is the gods of the Nether rather than Upper regions.

Seems to me we can only do what we can here, each in ourselves and in our own spheres of influence, to be Heavenly and Angelic; and if we are lucky, others might respond accordingly, but don't bank on it.

There is also Professor Sir James Lovelock and his Gaia principle, which is very interesting. And one of his later forecasts was that as our planetary mistreatment grew more careless, future conflicts would centre more around the struggle for land and resources, as indeed seems to be happening now.

Your obedient servant in not much hope ...

PJ
Aquarius
Posted 4/29/2015 7:19 AM (#26160 - in reply to #26159)

UMS Guest

All Things Are Possible

With the help and the will of God and the Angels
All things are possible.
Any condition can be healed,
Crooked corners made straight
And mountains of false beliefs, prejudices and superstitions dissolved
Through a better understanding of our true nature.
If our minds can conceive that these things are possible
And we believe that this is so with all our hearts and souls,
It can and will be done.

Therefore, Father/Mother Creator,
Grant me the gift of your wisdom,
So that I may learn to choose wisely
And to work hand in hand with You and the Angels
For the Highest good and the greatest joy of all,
And never again for selfish purposes.

May Your will be my will,
Your inspiration guide me and flow through me
With Your sacred words and prayers,
So that all life unfolds in accordance with Your Great Plan.

Amen

Love is the nature of the Universe and also its law. This force wants all its creatures to grow and evolve through learning from their own experiences. The true nature of humankind also is love, as from love we once came and into the state of love all of us in the end return. Any unloving thought, word and/or action is a transgression of this law, which in due course returns to its sender. It has to be made good and redeemed by the offender in some form, at some stage in their evolutionary development. Any act of aggression, terrorism and war – irrespective under what name it may present itself to our world – is a breaking of the law and a crime against humankind, Mother Earth and the whole of Creation.

From the moment of its creation, the human race has been growing slowly but surely in wisdom and understanding of its own character, the nature of its world and its God. That’s how, in the natural course of our evolution, we also have moved forwards from the more profound understanding of these things that for example the Native Americans had. Thus, we know by now that everything that exists in our world in the final analysis has been created by us. Even the weather, the tsunamis and hurricanes are outer reflections of happenings on the inner plane of life. The Earth is a living and breathing spiritual being, the outer manifestation of all that takes place within. She is indeed Gaia Sagrada, the sacred Earth, as she is known by the natives of the high Andes. She too is only temporarily encased in matter, the same as we presently are. Even if Earth’s physical form has already existed for billions of years, it has always remained in a state of transition. As ever more of her human children become aware of their true nature as beings of love and light, she gradually transforms herself into a planet of Light.

In the final analysis, the true cause of all disasters is the temporary forgetting of our true nature and the reason why we are on the Earth plane. But, rejoice! Ever more are rising from their spiritual slumbers and the likes of you and I, the same as everybody else, are here to help them with this, as much as we can and with whatever gifts and talents the Universe has bestowed upon us. We need to help them become aware that every evil that still exists in our world is a test and a valuable opportunity for those aspiring to become healers and light workers in their own right. They need to know that our reactions to all situations reveal the degree of spiritual maturity a soul has reached at any given time. This is how those in charge of our race on the higher and highest levels of life are constantly testing every one of us, wherever we may find ourselves.

So, when disasters are caused by human intervention, a great deal is revealed by a person’s readiness to lift all concerned – and I mean everybody and especially the perpetrators – into the light of the Highest Star, the Sun above the Sun, who loves and cares for every one of its creations. Events of this nature present all of us with special openings for reaching out ever more for the helping hand of God and the Angels, so that through us our world and everything that shares it with us can be blessed and healed. That’s what learning to walk hand in hand with God and the Angels means.

Only through constant practice of anything can we hope to get better at something. This is also true when it comes to learning to live once more in total trust that we and our world and all it contains is safe in God’s hand. The Angels really do know the will of God and the way each one of us needs to walk, as well as the task that is uniquely ours. As healers we are required to rise above the clouds of our earthly existence, especially when the going gets tough. Earth life means to teach humankind how to fly on the wings of the nuggets of truth that are hiding behind the spiritual wisdom of works like the Bible, the Koran, the Torah and White Eagle’s teachings – to name a few. As there is no preference, they are listed in alphabetical order. Wise ones are aware that it is in the nature of spiritual wisdom that book knowledge on its own is of no use whatsoever. It will remain dead until we ourselves bring it alive by applying it to every aspect of our daily lives.

In my view, nothing builds up human faith in the goodness of this life as regularly contemplating in our prayers and meditations the fact that in spite of all the nasty things that are happening occasionally, it is still a wonderful and beautiful world which God created so that all His/Her creatures should learn to co-exist peacefully and harmoniously, so that its life can be enjoyed by all. It is a great gift and a privilege to be allowed to take an active and conscious part in the spiritual rebirth of our race and our whole world. Our task as light workers is to focus on overcoming the temptation of indulging in negative thought patterns that dwell on the darkness of the ignorance that to this day is very strong in our world.

The darkness and sadness, fears and anxieties, suffering and pain of the past and present of all Mother Earth’s kingdoms are waiting to be lifted into and absorbed by the radiance of the Highest Star and the brightest light in the whole of Creation, the Christ Star. This is the only place in the whole of Creation where they can be uplifted and transmuted into beneficial energies that flow back into our world for the healing and redemption of all life. The symbol of this star on the Earth plane is the six-pointed star. The lower triangle represents to whole and healed human soul who has been reunited with its Highest Self, the upper triangle. This is achieved by constantly working together, so that the earthly and Divine energies ever more mix and mingle. Every individual soul has to ask for itself for the guidance and protection of the Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life and the Angels. They alone can show and teach us how this task should be carried out, in accordance with the will and wishes of the Highest, as well as our own. And that’s how, in the fullness of time, every one of us will gradually grow into a saviour and redeemer of ourselves and our world.

Recommended Reading:

Paul Joseph
Posted 4/29/2015 7:58 AM (#26161 - in reply to #26155)

PhD Alumni

As I read and now write this, I can only hope that the Russian space station that is out of control and falling at this very moment does not land on anybody's head ... or worse ...

Edited by Paul Joseph 4/29/2015 7:59 AM
Aquarius
Posted 4/29/2015 8:39 AM (#26162 - in reply to #26161)

UMS Guest

‘You cannot change the way someone else feels if their mind is set or their past has a hold on them. Until they want it for themselves, you have to let them be. Be brave, gentle and set yourself free.’ Katie Curran Taylor

From Reflections On Life

Aquarius
Posted 4/30/2015 7:03 AM (#26163 - in reply to #26162)

UMS Guest

Dear Marty and Paul,

Thank you for your observations and insights. In my view, there is nothing wrong with us and our world. God designed us to be exactly the way we are. We are not some kind of messy random appearance or cosmic joke. We have been carefully placed in this life so that we may learn to love, appreciate and accept ourselves, just the way we are, because that is the way our Father/Mother loves us and wants us to be. The seed of perfection is within each one of us. As Cicero, 106-43 BC, wrote: ‘Human beings were created to contemplate and reflect the Universe. They are not themselves this great perfection, but they are particles of this perfection.’ To help us bring forth this perfection from within, all that is required from us is that we should act in kind and loving ways and give of our best in all situations. Through this constant striving the Christ spirit shines ever more strongly from the very core of our being into the outer self, until it has finally taken over our whole being and we have become a Christed one in our own right.

As above, so below. That’s why God’s powers of creation and destruction are also in us. For all of us this is of much greater importance than we may presently think. And we do well to remind ourselves frequently that our thoughts create our reality, that in fact today’s thoughts form tomorrow’s reality. What I said above and express in all my writings is my belief, reality and truth. You alone can decide what yours is. Whether you are as yet aware of this or not, you are responsible, not only for yourself but also for the state of our world. What kind of a state do you wish to create for us and our planet?

With love – Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 4/30/2015 7:19 AM (#26164 - in reply to #26163)

UMS Guest

The Power Of Prayer

From Ruth Ryden’s Newsletter December 2012
Channelled by Ruth Ryden from the Masters, a group of spirit guides.
Intuitively edited by Aquarius
With the author’s kind permission.

Many of you are aware by now that with the help and the will of God and the Angels all things are possible, any condition can be healed, crooked corners made straight and mountains of false beliefs, prejudices and superstitions dissolved. Why should this be so and how can you safely take part in this? Prayers are a most potent force, therefore you need to be careful what you pray for. Every prayer is heard and replied to. It’s just that sometimes for your own good and protection the answer has to be: ‘No!’

All thoughts consist of creative energy and prayer is a thought form that is supercharged with it. By learning to use its inherent power correctly, mountains can be moved, as your Bible tells you. This supposedly symbolic statement was not symbolic at all. It was given to make humankind realise that the connection between beings who are currently encased in matter and the Divine Universal Power is a fact. Every human being has the ability to change their life and pathway through praying correctly for what is needed or desired, whether this is for their own personal or global good.

As children of the Highest and young Gods in the making, you are co-creators with God. The most effective prayers are based on the realisation that in order to create or change something, anything, your first step is to bring forth a clear idea, a concept and/or a vision of what you wish to bring into being. You need a clear and concise awareness of what is needed, so that your request can be made with the full focus of your mind on your sincere desire to connect with the great Father/Mother of all life.

God’s children of the Earth were created so that each should grow from their own experiences and develop into creatures who can think for themselves, learn how to give and receive love wisely. Each has to walk the path they themselves have chosen to expand their consciousness and bring knowledge to their souls. It pleases your Creator when another one of you develops the knack of thinking creatively, at all times, in the same way the accomplishments of your children delight you. God should be loved and respected, safe in the knowledge and acceptance of Its omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence, love and protection for all Its creatures.

The Lord’s Prayer of the Jesus legend was meant to be a simple pattern of prayer for all people, not just something to be said over and over without thought or feeling, because the people did not know how to pray when the myth came into being. The time now has come for all humankind to learn how to pray with power and the inner confidence that prayer has the power to perform miracles, as and when they are required. Infinite possibilities are constantly being created as the days of every individual life project themselves into the time and space around you. Opportunities are constantly created when you have to make small or large decisions. They are created either by you personally or by the collective consciousness of humankind.

Now, on a blank piece of paper, draw a small image. Draw lines going out from it and then lines branching off from each other, as many as you feel comfortable with. Think of something you want to do, perhaps are afraid to do or of circumstances that will require a major decision from you in the near future. On each of the first main path lines, write some possible decisions you may have been thinking of, as many as possible. Think through the response, the effects and/or consequences that result from each thought or action onto the branching lines. This can be a most enlightening experience, even if it takes a little time. After such an exercise, it may become very clear what you really want to do, even if initially it seemed too difficult, maybe almost impossible. Here is where praying in the proper manner comes in.

• Set aside a period of quiet time. Let all other thoughts and concerns go and tell your conscious mind to give you a break. Prepare your body to be still and comfortable.

• Ask your Highest Self, the living God within, for guidance and protection and to show you how to make wise decisions and requests only.

• Determine exactly and explicitly what it is you wish to pray for, then call upon the Angels of healing and peace to draw close and advise you about the right way of going about it.

• All along and as far as possible, the Universe has always allowed each one of you to manifest whatever your hearts truly desire. But, now that you are growing into spiritual adulthood, you need to come to terms with the Universal laws – God’s laws. They decree that everything must return to its source, including every one of your thoughts, words and actions. Each one inevitably has to eventually find its way back to you. That’s why we ask you to be extra careful when you desire something. Should you fail to choose wisely, there is every likelihood that the Universal Force decides to teach you the glorious lesson of being more cautious in future by manifesting the object(s) of your desire in unpleasant and unwanted ways.

• The Universe knows all your true needs and is ready to fulfil them at any given time. So, before going any further, acknowledge that the possibility of your present need or desire is already anticipated and merely waiting to be created for you.

• Visualise the object, the event, the desire, the healing, the better relationship, whatever you badly want, very clearly and picture it as a reality that already exists. This is the important part – there should be no negative thought going with this visualisation – you must absolutely believe and accept it.

• Thank the Creator, in whatever form you worship It, for providing that which you need and accept that it will be forthcoming in ways that are not always imagined in humankind’s limited spiritual sight.

• You have made the connection and acknowledged that what you have prayed for will be attended to. Go about your life as usual, safe in the knowledge that changes will come in your life.

• Realise that if what you have prayed for is inappropriate for you or for those on whose behalf you are asking, it will be modified into a form that will benefit the recipient. In other words, you cannot place a curse or a bad wish onto someone when connecting with the great Father/Mother of all life. If need be, your request will be changed into a course of action that is helpful and non-destructive to the recipient.

• As far as healing is concerned, instead of asking for it in selfish ways, wise ones pray that it should be for the highest good and the greatest joy of all, and for the blessing and healing of your whole world. They can afford to do so because they rest safely in the knowledge that what is done for one is done for all. Therefore, they know that when their world is healing, they themselves are healing, too.

Using the same prayer formula, either alone or in groups, the false beliefs, prejudices and superstitions caused by wrong thinking patterns, the mind bending and brainwashing that have been part of Earth life for such a long time can also be changed. The power needed to facilitate drastic alterations in the thinking of the mass of people lies within each one of you, although at present you may find this hard to believe. When one person reaches out to another, no matter where they are situated, an energy link is created.

You can focus upon leaders whose greed for self-glorification and personal power is causing much mental, physical and ultimately spiritual harm to their people. This is done by prayerfully touching their minds, particularly their subconscious minds, where their higher consciousness has been barricaded in. Pray and you may eventually be able to watch how these people gradually begin to realise what terrible things they are doing. After a while, they may begin to change their minds and start to act in ways that will stay the hands and armies that were determined to start more wars. With the help and the will of God and the Angels, such things can be achieved, even if only one person acts under their instructions and protection.

To those of you who are ill, whether with minor colds, the flu or serious diseases, we say this: every cell in your body is a living entity all on its own. All cells respond to the directions of the subconscious mind that keeps the heart beating, the digestive system manufacturing the necessary acids, the muscles contracting and retracting and so forth. You do not have to think about these things, your physical body obeys your mind. This also applies to every part of your body that has become diseased or injured. It will respond and obey the commands of your mind.

To give you an example. If you have a muscle that has hardened and hurts, try the following method of prayer. Focus on the muscle and visualise it as being loose and limp and not painful at all. See yourself walking easily, without stress or pain. Above all, know that this is so and you will experience how, in a matter of minutes, the muscle relaxes and functions properly again. Once you have accomplished something as simple as this, and you have a bad headache, use the same procedure. See the blood vessels in the head as open and freely allowing the blood to flow normally.

When there is a disease, see all of the cells of the body casting off the offending viruses or incompatible foreign cells and returning immediately to bright, healthy patterns. When arthritic crystals build up in your joints, see them as being free and clear, moistened by natural secretions, and without restrictions of any kind. A broken bone can be brought back to strength and normal healthy functioning by visualising it as strong and healthy. All these things are possible. However, you need to be convinced that you have the potential for good mental and physical health and that it is merely waiting to be activated by you. There must be no hesitation or doubt or your prayer cannot be answered. So, when you are unhappy, in want, sorrowful, fearful and ill, maybe all of these things, your present condition needs to be the focus point for re-connecting ever more strongly with God. Concentrate your prayers on all the desirable conditions you want to create.

Thinking and planning for the future, especially when your thinking is clear and your thoughts are well expressed, are a form of correct prayer. If in this way you form your thoughts prayerfully in your mind, you are preparing yourself for the much more powerful prayer itself. Future plans can be realised without prayers, but once you have re-connected fully with the great mind of the Highest, the Universal Mind, the Universal help surrounding you increases and sees to it that the necessary opportunities come your way to provide you with your needs. At the same time, you will be protected against interference from unwanted energies and influences.

Help is available to all human souls at any time when accidents or tragedies occur. All you need to do is ask for it and it will be there for you. All humankind’s prayers are the lifeline of your whole race with your Creator. The most difficult thing is to make wise decisions about what you really want and need. Ask your inner guide and teacher, the living God within, for its advice and follow it. It will never let you down.

As God’s beloved children, you were created to be receivers as well as givers of all good things. That’s why His/Her love and blessings are continually pouring upon you. All your true needs are known. Yet, whatever any one of you desires with all their heart and soul, no matter how unnecessary it may be for your personal development, it will eventually be granted. It is up to you what you do with it once you have got it. The choice is yours. You may be surprised to find out that this is because your decisions reveal, better than anything else, to the wise ones in charge of you the degree of spiritual maturity you have reached at any given time.

Recommended Reading:

Paul Joseph
Posted 4/30/2015 1:49 PM (#26165 - in reply to #26163)

PhD Alumni

Dear A

Sorry if I was not clear: I have never said anything about Creation is messy, or a joke (well maybe I might have done but if so that was not quite my intent, but since as we all know one of the appearances of the Divine is a the Trickster, well, hey, anything could be possible and generally, Is ...)

But in reply to your more recent post, and to remove it from emotiveness,

I do not think that if

B does bad stuff to C

That is somehow the result of either

C's karmic choices

or equally

B's unconscious need to return and do that bad stuff

Neither do I think that

If there are earthquakes,

They are necessarily the result of my negative thoughts.

Though equally,

I might hope in prayer that

If an earthquake has happened

Humans might respond with aid generously (

as indeed in this case they appear to have had

)

I have tried to keep my reply simple, although it is a very dense and complex matter

No less than is Dark Matter

Which is, so some say

The Stuff of the Universe

mruppert
Posted 4/30/2015 6:22 PM (#26166 - in reply to #26165)

Expert

Hello A and P,
No earthquake or tsunami in Baltimore! Just a tenuous calm after rioting, burning, and looting. Third night of non-violence, as you can't really call it peace.

Did what happened to ALL those involved in this deserve what happened? Well, you might argue yes, they did. Each and everyone had a part in what led up to this.
Did the people whose homes and shops were burned pray? Yes, they did, but they are still homeless and shopless. Do many of the constituents of this ugly incident ultimately have love in his or her heart. NO! They have a deep seated and long festering hatred.

And here is the problem-the people Ms. Ryden speaks of seem to come off as a spiritual elite. And, the group of spiritual guides seem to miss the people who need the spiritual guidance the most.
The language is doctrinaire, which does not go over big before a mob.

My personal dilemma is what the Nazi soldier said "Sergeant Major: "God is not here today, priest!"". But, GOD WAS THERE! God was there there, and here in the streets of Baltimore, and Ferguson, Missouri, and North Carolina, and New York City. That is why it frightens me to think that "As children of the Highest and young Gods in the making" we would have more of the current (bunch) of God(s) that Ms. Ryden envisions we might have because he/she/it or they/them don't do very much of anything. One may have all the self enlightenment there is and all the love a heart, mind and soul can hold, but there will always be people who hate you for whatever reason or no reason at all. Ask the Jews, Catholics, African Americans, Cops, Muslims, Soldiers, Politicians etc., etc., etc. on and on.....

Serenity,
Marty and LuckyLee

P.S. Is it just me, or do you guys get the impression that not a lot of people are involved in this discussion? It seems it is Paul, Aqua (our delightful topicmaster) and me.....oh yeah.....don't want to slight the Ophster. I would think that people would be very vociferous about this, as we are really discussing fundamental metaphysical things, and many times in a fundamentalist fashion.

Jump to page : < ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... >
Now viewing page 24 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software