University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Food For Thought
[Frozen]

Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... >
Now viewing page 22 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Aquarius
Posted 3/30/2015 7:36 AM (#26027 - in reply to #26026)
Subject: RE: Food For Thought

UMS Guest

What Is Truth?

Part A

God’s sacred wisdom and truth were mentioned so many times in the previous chapters that you could be asking yourself: ‘What precisely is truth?’ The dictionary explains it as that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality, a quality or state of being true, and a fact or belief that is accepted as true. Surprisingly, truth is something quite flexible and as the religions of our world throughout the ages are clearly demonstrating, the things that are commonly accepted as truth are not necessarily the ultimate or God’s truth.

The reason behind this is that the spiritual development of our race has always been subject to the process of evolution, the same as everything else in the whole of Creation. Because of this the purpose of every new religion has been to gradually, one small step after another, bring us closer to the revelation of God’s eternal wisdom and truth that had to remain hidden for a very long time at the back of every one of the sacred teachings our world has ever known. This brought with it the necessity to change the perception of God’s truth from time to time. Equipped with the gift of hindsight, as we are at the time of writing this in the year 2015, it is easy to discern how each new religion emerged from those that came before, integrating the best and discarding the things that had outlived their validity and usefulness.

To teach us and our world the lessons for which we were ready at any given time, every so often new religions and belief systems had to rise on the horizon of the consciousness of the small earthly selves of our race, which in the early days was extremely limited. In spite of this, all of them to some degree contained God’s wisdom and truth, though only in small nuggets, which had to remain hidden for a very long time. This was for the simple reason that it was all we could comprehend in those days, but with the increasing spiritual maturity many have reached by now, the time has come for unearthing the spiritual gold that has been waiting for so long to reveal itself to us.

All truth comes from the same source, wherever we may find it and whoever may be its bearer. There is only one truth and that is constantly expanding. Deciding how much of it can safely be released to humankind and in which form it should be presented at any given time, is the task of the Angels around the throne of God. This is why throughout the ages many different interpretations of Gods’ truth about the creation of us and our world and our rightful place in it had to appear from time to time. Every one of our religions has tried in myths and legends, with more or less success, to bring us closer to understanding the mystery of our existence.

Various scribes down the ages acted as channels through which the Divine wisdom was transmitted into the consciousness of our race. But even if these people were reasonably highly evolved, in their time it would have been far too early to reveal the esoteric truths behind the surface words of the sacred texts that were given through them. If the revelations that came had not been masked in this manner, neither the scribes, nor their masters and least of all the general public would have been able to comprehend their true meaning in any case.

This is how it came about that the same points were made time and again in the religions of the past. Each time another one of them came into being, the points were presented in a different way. To fulfil the wise and higher purpose that was their very reason for being these religions could only ever supply us with temporary truths. Behind them God’s wisdom had to remain concealed, though with the passing of time gradually in a lighter camouflage, until the right time for their revealing had come, in the Age of Aquarius. Each new belief system that appeared was meant to take us another bit up the spiritual mountain and closer to the ultimate, God’s truth.

Now that the Age of Aquarius is with us, increasing numbers of us are sufficiently evolved to understand that if a real spiritual Master had been nailed to the cross, he would not have uttered the words: ‘My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?’ There would have been no need, because this man would have been well aware that our Creator is at one with all life and therefore also with him, and that therefore it would be impossible for God to forget any one of us, never mind him, the Master on the Cross.

We too are now aware that the cross represents the oldest symbol known to our world of humankind’s earthly existence, and that the esoteric truth behind Jesus’ death on the cross is a metaphor for humankind’s small lower self on its earthly sojourns, when time and again it finds itself trapped in experiencing and learning from life in physicality. ‘Father, why have you forsaken me?’ cannot be the cry of the Christ on the cross, because He would know better if he had been there.

The man’s cry is the lament of our lower earthly part, when we find ourselves nailed to the cross of Earth life and have to endure the suffering that is the result of the Karma we ourselves created in previous lifetimes, as yet unaware of what we were doing. It takes a long time until the small lower self comes to terms with the fact that God never leaves any one of us, no matter how depraved someone becomes in any of their lifetimes. God is part of everything and therefore also of us. Because of this the Divine would never dream of leaving us. God’s eternal truth, which has for so long had to remain shielded by the surface words of the story of Jesus death on the cross, is that our Christ Self knows this and therefore would never have spoken those words of doubt and despair.

Other equally precious parts of God’s wisdom have been contained in similar manner in every one of the legends, myths and tales of our world. In the original versions of all of them God’s wisdom has been trying to speak to us about our own Divinity and how we were created by Him/Her, the Great Father/Mother of all life. To find God’s truth all one has to do is look in the right places. Alas, the original texts were transcripted many times over and human nature being what it was in the days of yore, and unfortunately to a large degree still is, they gradually became more and more distorted, misunderstood and misinterpreted, only sometimes unintentionally.

The sacred texts of the religions of the patriarchy very quickly developed into the tools of their power-crazed priesthoods for the submission and exploitation of the masses and in particular the suppression of the feminine principle. None of it happened against the will of God – nothing in the whole of Creation ever does. Everything that took place was part of the plan for the development of the masculine forces of our race. Every bit of power we were allowed to wield in our lifetimes as men in the name of the patriarchy and the resulting misdemeanours were permitted by the wise ones on the Highest levels of life on the principle of ‘Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves in the end.’ And that indeed is what’s happening now.

Recommended Reading:
Part A – ‘The Truth About Truth’
Part B – ‘What Is God?’
Part C ‘Do Things Work Even If I Don’t Believe In Them?’

Please allow a moment for the second file to load.

From ‘Our World In Transition’

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/30/2015 1:42 PM (#26029 - in reply to #23562)
Subject: Re: Food For Thought

PhD Alumni

Dear Aquarius

"Now that the Age of Aquarius is with us, increasing numbers of us are sufficiently evolved to understand that if a real spiritual Master had been nailed to the cross, he would not have uttered the words: ‘My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?’ There would have been no need, because this man would have been well aware that our Creator is at one with all life and therefore also with him, and that therefore it would be impossible for God to forget any one of us, never mind him, the Master on the Cross".

I am silent in the face of your negative references to Jesus in this way. Were you there?

How many of us are 'sufficiently evolved' enough to sacrifice everything we have, inside and outside, for the good of the Other?

Just one more thing though -(regarding your final paragraph) one might equally say that the murder of the innocents at (or possibly in your terms in the so-called myth of ) the birth of Jesus is being repeated and replicated in the current slaughter of innocents by certain extremist fanatical sects ... but what does that mean actually? I cannot see anybody learning from that in the great cosmic scheme of things, only more and more suffering.

Regards
Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 3/30/2015 2:03 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/30/2015 1:49 PM (#26030 - in reply to #26021)

PhD Alumni

Hi Aquarius

Before signing off from your posts, I am sorry I could not leave without a response to this one.

I am not clear whom in this you are saying are - or were - the warmongers in Second World War of 1939-45 (or indeed, in the First one of 1914-8)?

The 'Allies' (of which the UK) were one did not wish to go to war; Chamberlain came back with his agreement from Hitler that there would be 'peace in our time' after which the extermination programme continued in the Nazi death camps.

Gandhi even wrote to Hitler in 1939 to avert war:

DEAR FRIEND,
Friends have been urging me to write to you for the sake of humanity. But I have resisted their request, because of the feeling that any letter from me would be an impertinence. Something tells me that I must not calculate and that I must make my appeal for whatever it may be worth.
It is quite clear that you are today the one person in the world who can prevent a war which may reduce humanity to a savage state. Must you pay that price for an object however worthy it may appear to you to be? Will you listen to the appeal of one who has deliberately shunned the method of war not without considerable success? Any way I anticipate your forgiveness, if I have erred in writing to you.
I remain,
Your sincere friend,
M. K. Gandhi

http://www.mkgandhi.org/letters/hitler_ltr.htm

What were the Allies to do at that time?

Edited by Paul Joseph 3/30/2015 2:05 PM
Aquarius
Posted 3/31/2015 7:17 AM (#26036 - in reply to #26030)

UMS Guest

What Is Truth?

Part B

Thou Shalt Not Kill!

In my view, it does not make any difference whether a man by the name of Jesus ever walked the Earth or not. God’s truth, contained in the Jesus tale since it first came into being, is that we too are half human and half God just like the person portrayed in this story. The figure of the Master was given to us as a metaphor for the aspect of our own inner Christ nature. All of us, without exception, possess this part. For a very long time it slumbers in the deepest innermost recesses of our being, ready do awaken and come fully alive when the small earthly self has reached the right evolutionary level.

Jesus represents our Highest, God or Christ Self. This is the only one in the whole of Creation who can save us in the end. Our small earthly self is its counterpart and our Highest Self alone is capable of showing us how we ourselves can make good and redeem every one of our sins. The highest duty that has to be met by every earthling in the fullness of time is to create inner and outer peace and harmony between the different aspects of their own nature. This is our contribution towards restoring the balance of our world in thoughts, words and actions.

The purpose of every new religion that came into being was to provide humankind a different pathway and a temporary walking aid up the spiritual mountain, no more and no less. The esoteric meaning behind all their teachings invariably contained two hidden messages, the first one tells us that every one of us is one of God’s children of the Earth. The second one is that in the course of many incarnations on our present level of existence, we are in this life to enable us to evolve from being mere earthlings, who are totally unaware of their true nature into the conscious awareness of their Divine origin and inheritance.

The coming of Christianity brought us the Jesus legend and the message that our Creator is a God of love and light. This brought us demands like ‘Love one another! And love thy neighbour as you love thyself!’ Because the three Abrahamic religions Judaism, Christianity and Islam evolved from the same roots and each other, contain the Old Testament with its command: ‘Thou shalt not kill!’ The Hebrew Bible contains numerous prohibitions against unlawful killing, but also allows for justified killing in the context of warfare, capital punishment, and self-defence. With great gusto this was carried forward into the other two religions and the warmongering continued unhindered and growing ever more cruel and devastating.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam are part of the religions of the patriarchy. The words of their sacred texts were written by men for men and specifically aimed at the suppression of the wisdom and truth of the feminine. In its time this was right for teaching our race what the over-development of the masculine at the expense and exclusion of the feminine would lead to. Everywhere in our world the results are clearly visible.

One look at our history shows how each new religion that came into being provided a Heaven-sent excuse and ever fresh opportunities for the patriarchal belief systems to go to war against each other. Preaching love and peace and making hatred and war. The priests on both sides of the conflict blessing the weapons and praying for the victory of their side. None of the patriarchal religions ever stopped its most devout followers of all nations to go to war, to kill and maim – supposedly with God’s blessings. How much more hypocritical can anyone be?

While in one part of our world astronomical sums are annually spent on weapons to destroy each other that are becoming ever more sophisticated and destructive, in other countries millions of our siblings in the human family of life have no clean water to drink, food to eat and are starving. A world out of balance created by the patriarchy in pursuit of power and glory. The task of all healers and lightbringers is to each do our best to remedy this situation by allowing the feminine to have its say in the running of our world, whenever a possibility for it arises. Instead of following in the footsteps of the masculine, women are required to take action that is in keeping with their softer and more caring feminine nature.

This does not mean a return to the matriarchy of past ages, which was as unbalanced as the patriarchy is in many parts of our world to this day. Having been through both, we are ready the new experience of the feminine and masculine, in both genders, working together as equal partners. It is no longer a situation of men against women and women against men, but both of them working together as equal partners. When each is in possession and command of every aspect of their nature, therefore whole and holy, and therefore seeking to labour hand in hand with God and the Angels, true and lasting peace will come to our world much more quickly and easily than we can imagine now.

In this our new world everybody will be giving of their best and co-operating in peace and harmony with each other for the highest good and the greatest joy of all. It cannot be achieved by women who behave like men and act the part of the warmonger in pursuit of fame and glory, power and the amassing of ever more material wealth at the expense of spiritual gain and growth. To tone down their male aggressiveness and arrogance, wise men tune into the caring and nurturing aspect of their own inner woman and bring it into play. Wise women use their masculine side for stepping forward and claiming their birthright to bring their love and wisdom to their role as equal partners of the masculine into the running of our world. In all of us the ‘I am God’s gift to the world’ syndrome can easily be overcome by adding ‘So is everybody else’.

Now that ever more of us are becoming aware that nobody is all woman or man, the final goal of a balanced and healed world that is enjoying a true and lasting peace is moving into our reach. A world where the material and spiritual aspects co-operate, one supporting and complementing the other, instead of struggling against each other. Humankind was created so this could be achieved in the days when our wrestling with physicality and its demands are finally over and done with. This can only be achieved through the realisation of our own Divinity. For the awakened ones God needs to become an inner reality and an aspect of their own nature.

Through our inner and outer behaviour we have to prove to the wise ones in charge of us that we are evolving into ever more God-like beings, who instead of thinking of God as a man and an outer manifestation that in truth only ever existed in the form of a myth. We now realise that Jesus is a metaphor that stands for the God side of everybody’s own nature, which is love. Only when we respect and honour this aspect of ourselves as well as of everyone else, are we true to it.

In this manner each one of us has their contribution to make towards taking all of us, together and individually, step by step higher up the slope of the spiritual mountain, until even the last one of us is once more fully and consciously aware of God’s true nature and their own. Love is the only key that can unlock the gates of Heaven for any of us, because love is the law of life that opens the inner doors to genuine, everlasting and continuing spiritual growth. On this plane of life it is one of the easiest things to talk about love and to say: ‘Love one another’. Acting upon it, however, is something very different. In the end it expresses itself quite naturally as friendliness and tolerance. When finally our whole being has evolved into one loving entity, acting with kindness and consideration, compassion and love to all we meet happens quite naturally.

Aquarius
Posted 3/31/2015 9:48 AM (#26037 - in reply to #26036)

UMS Guest

Dear Paul - I recommend the reading of the following:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/cconnelly/ghandis-letter-to-adolf-hitler-s3x 

With love - Aquarius

Paul Joseph
Posted 3/31/2015 11:37 AM (#26038 - in reply to #26036)

PhD Alumni

Thanks for clarifying Aquarius.

I wonder if too you had come across the Grand Inquisitor chapter in the Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky? Although clearly that is a work of fiction ...

I had noted in other letters of Gandhi to Hitler his references to him as 'Dear Friend' (he explains that in one of his other letters). As well as the title of Gandhi's autobiography chiming with your truth reflections, "The Story of my Experiments with Truth", where he says, 'Truth and non-violence are as old as the hills'

Edited by Paul Joseph 3/31/2015 11:39 AM
Aquarius
Posted 3/31/2015 2:24 PM (#26039 - in reply to #26029)

UMS Guest

Paul Joseph - 3/30/2015 7:42 PM . . .  I am silent in the face of your negative references to Jesus in this way. Were you there? . . .

Dear Paul,

In reply to your question: ‘Were you there?’ the one who is writing through me, my Highest Self, in whom we are all one, says: ‘No, you were not there, because the events described in the Jesus legend never took place in the realities of Earth life. If they had, you could have been there.

Wikipedia has the following to say about the legend and its gospels. A gospel is an account describing the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth. The most widely known examples are the four canonical gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, but the term is also used to refer to apocryphal gospels, non-canonical gospels, Jewish-Christian gospels, and gnostic gospels.

Christianity places a high value on the four canonical gospels, which it considers to be a revelation from God and central to its belief system. Christianity traditionally teaches that the four canonical gospels are an accurate and authoritative representation of the life of Jesus. But more liberal churches and many scholars believe that not everything contained in the gospels is historically reliable. For example, according to Linda Woodhead ‘the gospels’ birth and resurrection narratives can be explained as attempts to fit Jesus’ life into the logic of Jewish expectations.’

With love – Aquarius

Paul Joseph
Posted 3/31/2015 3:09 PM (#26040 - in reply to #26039)

PhD Alumni

Dear Aquarius

Thank you for your reply and for taking the time to consult with your Higher Self. I was really just trying to clarify what I had been surmising about your position, and had been a bit surprised by, actually.

Wikipedia is not generally considered a reliable academic source, not least because it is not peer reviewed, nor are its postings credibly checked for veracity.

There are non-canonical sources that attest to the Gospels, some from those that would be hostile to Jesus, eg:

Flavius Josephus (37-97 AD), court historian for Emperor Vespasian:

"At this time there was a wise man who was called Jesus. And his conduct was good and he was known to be virtuous. And many people from among the Jews and other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. And those who had become his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion and that he was alive; accordingly, he was perhaps the messiah concerning whom the prophets have recounted wonders." (Arabic translation)

I have flickered - the candle flame analogy is deliberate - in the shadows of these various debates, as I think some of my on-line posted here poetry shows (was that from my Higher Self? I feel it was)

We all do our best, I guess, with what we have been led to, within whatever system we feel at home. One endures in hope, one way or another. Hopefully that leads us to do less harm than if we had not been here; and incite others so too. As Carlos Castaneda's Don Juan says, so long as our system as a heart, that is what it can be judged by.

Love
Paul

More irony - when I came on the site to check messages and posted the above, I had been about to catch up with the Shroud of Turin web-site, which I had not looked at for ages. Came across this You Tube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rH8xQZPjSX...

Edited by Paul Joseph 3/31/2015 3:29 PM
mruppert
Posted 3/31/2015 5:05 PM (#26041 - in reply to #23562)

Expert

Hello My Dears:
As a historian, I would argue quite convincingly that there was a Jesus. As a peculiar Roman Catholic I would also say that Matt, Markie, Little Luke and Big John's gospels are nice stories but often times quite contradictory.
As a forensic historian I will tell you point blank that there are genetic descendants of Jesus alive today!

(Those women who always seemed to be hanging around Jesus weren't there for arm candy......)

Peace Cross (which is in Bladensburg, Maryland),
Marty and LuckyLee

P.S. Aqwha-not all astrologers believe the age of Aquarius to be as described in Hair and the ab-fab song that came out of the show. Some astrologers take a dim view which I tend to agree with. But, I understand that it is de rigueur to go with the happy happy people. So, let the sun shine in (if it can get past the greenhouse gases) UNLESS it is shining through an ozone depleted atmospheric location. Then, the Aquarians better have a lot of sun block.

P.P.S I exited from the Crossroads and if it wasn't for Peace Cross, I would have fallen from grace and also fallen on my face. A little too much sacramental wine and a large dose of the Holy spirits.
Supernatural3
Posted 3/31/2015 9:21 PM (#26043 - in reply to #23562)

PhD Alumni

I don't doubt it for the minute~
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/1/2015 4:25 AM (#26044 - in reply to #26043)

PhD Alumni

The Gospel of Mary is also an interesting near-contemporary account. It is the Gospel story written apparently by Mary of Magdala, possibly one of those cited by Marty. Here is an extract from Professor Karen King's book (and recent translation) about it :

"Salvation is achieved by discovering within oneself the true spiritual nature of humanity and overcoming the deceptive entrapments of the bodily passions and the world. The Savior concludes this teaching with a warning against those who would delude the disciples into following some heroic leader or a set of rules and laws. Instead they are to seek the child of true Humanity within themselves and gain inward peace ..."

In this account, it becomes Mary of Magdala who truly understands his message, whereas the other disciples enter confusion ...

http://www.gnosis.org/library/GMary-King-Intro.html
Ophiucus
Posted 4/1/2015 5:36 AM (#26046 - in reply to #26044)

Forum Administrator

Those good old Gnostic Gospels ....
Aquarius
Posted 4/1/2015 7:00 AM (#26048 - in reply to #26046)

UMS Guest

Dear Friends - we shall see!

With love - Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 4/1/2015 7:00 AM (#26049 - in reply to #26048)

UMS Guest

What Is Truth?

Part C

Where Do Our Religions Come From?

Looking at the multitude of belief systems of our world in the past and present, one cannot help wondering how they all came into being. This theme has been dealt with extensively in various parts of my jottings, for example in ‘Astrology – Not A Belief System’,The Religion Of The New Age’, as well as ‘The Giant Jigsaw Puzzle Of Life’ and ‘God’s Chosen People’. For more details please follow the links here or those at the end of this chapter. May it suffice to say here that none of the religions of our world appeared out of nowhere and that they all evolved from each other.

The first religion brought us the knowledge that all of us are the children of the Great Father/Mother of life. It taught us that we had once been released from our Creator’s loving heart and sent on an evolutionary journey of exploration and discovery. Lifetime after lifetime spent in earthly life is but one of the phases of our development. When this chapter has been completed, the memory of God’s true nature and our own reawakens in us. It was planted into the deepest recesses of every individual spirit and soul’s memory, as well as that of our whole race, at the moment of our release from the source of our being.

This memory has accompanied all of us down the ages, up to the evolutionary point we have reached now: the Age of Aquarius. This is going to be an age of wisdom and truth in which the recognition of God’s true nature and our own will gradually come alive in ever more of us, and the ultimate purpose of our creation as young Gods in the making is making itself known. On our way to this recognition, when our small earthly self at long last recognises what Earth life is about and that all our trials and tribulations have always served a wise and higher purpose, and as a deep inner faith begins to take root in us, our thinking and behaviour becomes more positive.

On the inner level we are all one and influence each other. As a result of this, without being aware that something like this is happening, our newly won trust in life radiates from us into those in our environment, and from there into the heart and soul of our whole world. Souls in pursuit of wisdom and understanding emanate a light that impresses itself on the etheric around them. These people create an atmosphere around them that is filled with the vibrations and the colouring of the beauty of their souls. This is enhanced by the rays they naturally draw to wherever they may be.

Being a spark of the Divine, every soul has a light. In our young and inexperienced state, it is just a low gleam, but the more highly evolved we become the more bright and radiant it grows. As soon as a light reaches a degree of radiance, it attracts other lights into its orbit. The wise ones on the higher and highest levels of life are constantly watching us and our lights. The higher ranks of our friends and helpers in the world of spirit are supervising every step we make, without interfering with us. As soon as they spot that someone’s light is beginning to radiate more brightly, their power and light is attracted to it.

In this fashion each one of us gradually moves forwards and upwards on our pathway through life. At a certain point one of the Masters or even an Angel takes over the showing of the way and provides us with the guidance and special protection we need against unwanted influences, from within and without, which otherwise would interfere with the special mission we have agreed to carry out, before we entered into this lifetime. Whenever one of us asks for the assistance and support of these wise ones, they are happy to show us where to go, what to do and say. We then feel instinctively drawn to what they wish to bring to our attention and their instructions come to us intuitively. You can read more about the special mission each one of us has come to carry out by following the link to ‘You Are Special’ below.

As we spiritually progress on the evolutionary spiral of life, we gradually get to know the different planes on which we are now functioning. The more the energies of the lower and Highest Self mingle and eventually become one, the more we benefit from it not only during meditations and other quiet spiritual times, but also in everyday life. The lower mental plane of Earth life is somewhat cold, detached and isolated, but the higher mental plane is much kinder and more gentle than its earthly counterpart. The most beautiful conditions exist on the higher mental plane, where the truth and beauty of the Great Spirit’s love and wisdom is experienced in harmonious and loving ways. During this process the highlands of Heaven are created on the Earth and another small part of God’s kingdom established on our planet.

Recommended Reading:

Edited by Aquarius 4/1/2015 7:01 AM
mruppert
Posted 4/1/2015 5:01 PM (#26050 - in reply to #26048)

Expert

Dear Friends:

I think we already can see, if only we would open our eyes.

Peace,

Marty, Luckylee and the Easter Bunny

P.S. Jilly-good to see you, lovely as ever! 

Aquarius
Posted 4/2/2015 7:38 AM (#26051 - in reply to #26050)

UMS Guest

Created In God’s Image

Great Spirit, Father/Mother of all life,
You created us in Your image and placed us on the Earth,
So that in the course of many lifetimes
We should evolve and grow ever more like You.
Your powers are also in us,
Please show us how to master and handle
Them safely and responsibly,
Following Your will and wishes, not ours.

You granted us the gift of our present lifetime,
So our earthly self can at last become aware of its true nature.
The wisdom of the Mother’s love from time to time gave us
New myths and legends that brought us ever closer to this discovery.
This included the tales like the ones of Uranus and Gaia,
The Lords Krishna and Buddha,
Abraham and Moses, Jesus and the Virgin Mary,
And many others whose traces are lost in the mists of time.

The latest one, the Jesus legend, you gave us as a metaphor
And to illustrate all human soul’s predestined pathway through life.
It reveals to us the initiations all of us have to experience,
To evolve into a Master and a Christed,
Each in their own right.
Through the death of the man on the cross
You showed us that our life, too,
Is an absolute continuum
That has neither beginning nor end.

For all these things we give thanks and praise to You,
Because now the Spirit of the Universal Christ,
Your only born Son/Daughter, is calling all of us
To make the Jesus story a reality in earthly life
By carrying out the work
For which You created us and brought us into being,
In the first place and now into our present existence.

You are our true Father/Mother and the spark of
The Christ spirit is stirring from its slumbers
And coming alive in ever more human hearts.
In Your presence and Your holy name,
We enter into our mediations and quiet reflections
On the beauty and wonder of Your Creation
And what great honour it is to be allowed
To take part in it.

You are the Source of all inspiration
And we pray that all our thoughts and ideas
Should have their origin in You
And be for the highest good and the greatest joy of all.
Please show us ways of conducting the gift of life
You have bestowed upon us to worship and adore You,
Your love and Your glory,
So that enriched with the learning of all our lifetimes,
We return into the conscious awareness
Of our oneness with You.

Amen

Edited by Aquarius 4/2/2015 7:38 AM
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/2/2015 12:00 PM (#26052 - in reply to #26051)

PhD Alumni

Part of the problem though is which God, isn't it?

I have come to the conclusion that the best thing we might do is forget religion and just concentrate on being nice to each other ...

Or in the words of the Gita,

"Abandon all varieties of religion and surrender unto Me"
Aquarius
Posted 4/3/2015 7:03 AM (#26055 - in reply to #26052)

UMS Guest

Paul Joseph - 4/2/2015 6:00 PM Part of the problem though is which God, isn't it? I have come to the conclusion that the best thing we might do is forget religion and just concentrate on being nice to each other ... Or in the words of the Gita, "Abandon all varieties of religion and surrender unto Me"

Dear Paul – that is precisely the point I have been trying to make all along. Sorry, if I didn’t express myself clearly enough. Here is a repeat of something I posted some time ago:

Your guides and Masters in the world of light are presently preparing you and your race to occupy its rightful place in the Universe. Know that the spiritual beliefs of your world that previously served to separate you from each other, are now drawing you together again into the awareness of what, on the inner levels of life, has always been true, namely that all life is one. The further you advance into the New Age, the more each one of you will become aware that truthfully:

There is only one religion, the one of love.
There is only one race, the one of humankind.
There is only one gender and that is humanity.
There is only one language, the one of the heart.
And there is only one God and I am
Omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient.

Never forget that as My children you are young Gods in the making. Created in My image each one of you in their own right is a very special, precious and unique being, who has come into this lifetime to do their share of getting humankind’s new religion off the ground. For this purpose I have equipped you with an earthly mind and, if thus far only in seed form in some of you, My super-conscious faculties. To become helpful to you instead of representing a hindrance, both parts are in need of being developed by you.

Life in physicality was necessary for your process of becoming individual beings. The fact that each one of you dwells in a physical body of their own is designed to help you become aware of your individuality. However, the downside of this is that over time this has created the illusion that you are separate and detached from each other and from the rest of life. As you can see for yourself now, this belief is false. Knowing that it is true on the surface of life only will help you to let go of it again. Underneath – that is on the inner levels – you always remained one with each other and also with Me.

From ‘The Religion Of The New Age’

‘The Universal Christ Now Speaks To Us And Our World’

Edited by Aquarius 4/3/2015 7:05 AM
Aquarius
Posted 4/3/2015 7:08 AM (#26056 - in reply to #26055)

UMS Guest

Easter

The highest and most important of all Christian Church Festivals is Easter. Did you know that its date depends on the Moon, a full Moon to be precise? For example, while this year Easter will fall on the 5th April, whereas in the year 2011 it fell on the 24th April, in 2010 on 4th April, in 2009 on the 12th April and in 2008 very early indeed on the 23rd March. If you have ever wondered, like I used to do, why the Easter dates should fluctuate so wildly, you may find the result of my investigations into this matter of interest.

It is a well-known fact by now that the event Christianity commemorates as Easter was originally a celebration that honoured the resurrection of all nature. Its date was based on astrological calculations. With the appearance of Christianity this feast was adopted as Easter and a biblical event into the church’s calendars. One cannot help wondering how much our modern day church fathers are aware that the date for their Easter festivities to this day is based on astrology/astronomy, which in the olden days still were one.

A long time ago, to be precise in the year 325 AD, the tenderly guiding hand of the Unseen, who on all levels of life cares and provides for every need of our whole world and all its inhabitants, plant, animal and human alike, steered the members of the Church Council of Nicaea into an important decision. At one of their meetings the Church fathers decreed that Easter should from then onwards be celebrated on the first Sunday following the first full Moon after the vernal equinox. Should the full moon occur on a Sunday, Easter would have to wait until the following Sunday. That is why to this day the date of Easter can fluctuate so wildly.

Clearly, the underlying reason for coming to this decision is an astrological one. The timing of Easter was simply taken over from the pagan traditions. They were ever more forcefully suppressed by the followers of the Christian faith, when this belief system spread. In the same way many of the ancient pagan customs were gradually integrated into the new faith and re-appeared, only thinly disguised, in its celebrations.

The vernal equinox is the event that marks the Sun’s entry into Aries. Its date fluctuates slightly from year to year. A full Moon is visible in the sky each time the Sun and the Moon are in exact opposition to each other. At Easter the two signs of the zodiac involved are cardinal Aries, the point of all new beginnings, and cardinal Libra, the sign of marriage and partnerships. The spring equinox brings us the renewal of the marriage vows between Heaven and Earth, so that new life may spring forth on all its levels. Let me illustrate how the Easter date is calculated with an example. In the year 2008 the first full Moon after the equinox took place on Friday the 21st March. Easter therefore had to be celebrated as early as the 23rd March. All very simple, don’t you think?

Ah, as ever there’s more to this than meets the eye. It is remarkable that each time the Sun moves into one of the cardinal signs is marked by a special event, either an equinox or a solstice which calls for a special celebration, whose origins are lost in the mists of time. Somehow humankind has always known, in the earliest stages of our colonisation of planet Earth we probably merely sensed instinctively that Cardinal energy brings to our world some kind of a new beginning, when a fresh outburst of creative ideas from the highest levels of life flow into our race’s consciousness. It is more than likely that you and I spent quite a few of our past lifetimes in some of the pagan traditions. If that were not the case, we would hardly be interested in matters like this one. So, shall we continue with our investigations?

We probably took part in rituals of worship that celebrated the Sun’s entry into Aries as the rebirth of the Sun for our world. Worshipping the Sun and the elements was all humankind knew in those days. Anything of a higher nature would have been impossible for us to grasp so early on. What a long way we and our world have come since then! Now that at last we are learning to look beyond the end of our noses and deeper into what happened and why, it can be recognised that everything that took place in our world, even in ancient times, invariably had hidden esoteric meanings and was of great significance.

With this understanding it comes clear why the most important focal point of all earthly acts of worship has always been the Sun, who in the olden days was celebrated as the giver and source of all life. Over the ages, this theme remained unchanged. It was just that, as our race slowly progressed into a greater comprehension of spiritual ideas, the symbol given by the wise ones in charge of us on the Highest levels for this provider of life became a different one. God’s truth is unchangeable. It’s just that from time to time the name and description of a concept has to alter, so that we can grasp its meaning better, although the underlying truth remains unchanged. That is why God’s truth, which from the very beginning of Earth life has been with us, is that the Sun in the sky above us is a physical manifestation and at the same time a symbol of the Great Light, the Universal Christ, the only born Son/Daughter of the Great Father/Mother of all life. How wonderful that all the ancient rituals and ceremonies that are still known to our world already contained this message in seed form!

Let us turn to astrology to help us understand that truly for all earthlings Easter is the most sacred time of the year. This has nothing – and yet, in a way everything – to do with Christianity. What I mean is a much higher and elevated version of the Christianity that our world has known, up to now. Although many to this day are as yet unaware of the true meaning of their celebrations, they are taking part in a great Cosmic event, in which every lifeform on all life’s levels throughout the whole of Creation is involved. Our Creator has wisely provided that in Aries the Sun should be in its exaltation, so that as it moves through this sign the life force pours particularly powerfully into all life, not only that of the Earth. Our Sun is but one of the many outer physical and spiritual manifestations of the Universal Christ Spirit’s energies that are constantly flowing from the highest levels into all life, including that of the Earth, to support and maintain it.

The vernal equinox marks the points when, on the physical level of the life on our planet, the strength of the Sun is at its greatest in the Northern hemisphere and at its lowest in the Southern hemisphere, and vice versa. Yet, there is no need to suspect that one part could be receiving preferential treatment. Because of our oneness on the inner level, everybody constantly receives the Sun’s blessings, wherever they may be. After the gradual slowing down of the life force on our planet during the autumn and winter months in the Northern hemisphere, spring is the time of year designed to help all growing things of the Earth to forge ahead with great vigour. The Southern part of our globe has to wait its turn for this to happen until six months later.

The words Easter and its German equivalent Ostern have their origin in ?ostre or Ostara, Old English: ?astre, Northumbrian dialect ?ostre; Old High German: Ôstara, is a Germanic divinity who, by way of the Germanic month bearing her name, Northumbrian: ?osturm?naþ; West Saxon: ?asterm?naþ; Old High German: Ôstarmânoth, is the namesake of the festival of Easter. ?ostre is attested by the Venerable Bede c.673-735, English theologian and historian, who in his eighth century work ‘The Reckoning of Time’ states that during ?osturm?naþ, the equivalent of April, the pagan Anglo-Saxons had held feasts in Eostre’s honor, but that this tradition had died out by his time. It was replaced by the Christian Paschal month, a celebration of the resurrection of Jesus.

By way of linguistic reconstruction, the matter of a goddess called Austr? in the Proto-Germanic language has been examined in detail since the foundation of Germanic philology in the 19th century by scholar Jacob Grimm and others. As the Germanic languages descend from Proto-Indo-European (PIE), linguists have traced the name to a Proto-Indo-European goddess of the dawn Hews?s (Aus?s), from which descends the Common Germanic divinity from whom ?ostre and Ostara are held to descend. Scholars have linked the goddess’ name to a variety of Germanic personal names, a series of location names in England, over 150 2nd century BCE matronae Austriahenae – inscriptions discovered in Germany, and have debated whether or not Eostre is an invention of Bede’s. Theories connecting ?ostre with records of Germanic Easter customs, including hares and eggs, have been proposed. ?ostre and Ostara are sometimes referenced in modern popular culture and are venerated in some forms of Germanic neopaganism.

The three videos below are about the origins of the religions of our world. It is not hard to see from them that the Jesus legend is but a new version and a re-interpretation of an ancient myth that has been with our race for a very long time.

Part 2
The ancient Egyptian myth of Isis and Osiris reinterpreted and retold in the Jesus legend.

From ‘The Astro Files – Special Events’

Happy Easter!

Paul Joseph
Posted 4/3/2015 10:11 AM (#26057 - in reply to #26056)

PhD Alumni

Dear Aquarius

Here is your 'Jesus legend' idea resurrecting itself again ... I actually think it makes quite a difference whether or not Jesus was an historical figure, whether or not he was crucified, and whether or not he resurrected (or perhaps, resuscitated).

Here are some other sources from antiquity:

Lucian (c.120 – after c.180 ) referred to Jesus as a crucified sophist (philosopher).[16]

Josephus (c.37 – c.100 ) wrote, “At this time there appeared Jesus, a wise man, for he was a doer of amazing deeds. When Pilate condemned him to the cross, the leading men among us, having accused him, those who loved him did not cease to do so.”[17]

Tacitus (c. 56 – c.120) wrote, “Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty … at the hands of our procurator, Pontius Pilate.”[18]

http://y-jesus.com/wwrj/6-jesus-rise-dead/5/

Rather than undermining the Jesus narrative, your very interesting researches could indeed point in the very opposite direction - affirming Jesus as the fulfillment of millenial prophecy and the centre of history. I have my own take on this, that I have written of before on these Boards, so will not bore everyone again with them.

Kind Easter wishes to you, and to all those around the world at this time who suffer for their faith also - I think particularly here of the tragic events yesterday in Kenya, but also elsewhere.

Let us indeed pray, hope and work that better times will come, or if not, that we might find them in our hearts

love all

Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 4/3/2015 10:14 AM
Aquarius
Posted 4/4/2015 7:36 AM (#26061 - in reply to #26057)

UMS Guest

Easter Message From The Angels 2015

And now, I would like to share with you the essence of a White Eagle teaching that appeared in Stella Polaris April/May 2007 under the title ‘An Easter Message From White Eagle given Easter Sunday 1933’.

The spiritual Universe is singing to you and your world this morning. And those whose inner ears have opened and whose hearts are tuned into the higher and highest realities of life can hear the glory of the message that at this time descends from the Heavens onto the Earth, which we are bringing to you. Alas, many in your midst are so sad and distracted by the cares of the material world that they cannot yet hear us. We are glad that ever increasing numbers of you are making good progress on their spiritual pathway.

Through sheer hard work, determination and perseverance, you have come a long way on your evolutionary road, which inevitably is strewn with the trials and tribulations that are necessary to help each one of you to grow ever more Heaven-tall. You have arrived at the point where you can hear our voices calling from the world of light, your true home: ‘Wake up, beloved children of the Earth. A new day is dawning for all those who weep.’

We are bringing you God’s message of a love that is true and eternal. Listen to the joy we, the Heavenly Hosts, are proclaiming on this day of resurrection and awakening. Since time immemorial every Easter Sunday the Universe’s spiritual power has been descending more forcefully than at other times onto the Earth. This is not just a ceremony or a form of worship of  your churches.

In 1933, when we gave our original Easter message through the White Eagle group of guides, it was too early to tell you that the life story of Jesus of Nazareth is but a legend that demonstrates to humankind the behaviour of a very old and highly evolved soul, who has prepared himself for his role in the course of countless incarnations, long before your present world came into being. The man has mastered his earthly self and is at one with his Highest Self. By integrating every aspect of his nature and passing every test and initiation that was required of him, he has become a perfect being, one who is whole, holy and healed. He has evolved sufficiently to act as a channel to bring onto the Earth plane the Spirit of the Universal Christ, the third aspect of the Divine, who is all love. This legend of a Christed one was created to demonstrate to your race the pathway each one of you has to walk when their earthly education has run its course.

In the year 2015, enough of you are ready to comprehend the true meaning of the Jesus story. In 1933 your world was still a very different one. Too few would in those days have understood what we had to say. Besides, too many still needed the comfort of believing that there really was a Master Jesus in our world, who would come to save and redeem them in the days of horror that were yet to come. The time for the revelation that there never was or will be such a being had to wait until the energies were right. This they were when the planet Pluto transited through Sagittarius, the sign of the superconscious mind.

God’s truth is unchangeable. But how much of it we reveal to you at any given moment alters in keeping with the spiritual progress you are making and your ability to understand. That’s why something that is right for you now, may no longer be valid in future years. It has to be that way. We rejoice that sufficient numbers of you by now are capable of grasping that the story of the resurrection of Jesus always was no more than a metaphor that stands for the coming alive of the Christ Spirit. It rises from its death when your earthly self becomes aware of this hidden aspect of its nature.

This is the resurrection that eventually takes place in all human souls, when they slowly begin to free themselves from being trapped in the realities of Earth life and its beliefs. This awakening is quickened by an extra powerful outpouring of the Christ energies onto your planet during the Easter period and especially on Easter Sunday. The Divine spark in all human hearts then unites itself with the sacred fire of Mother Earth and Father Sun and together they bring about the renewal of all life in your world.

Our love and special blessings are with you, always.

Happy Easter!

Recommended Reading:
Part A – What Is Truth?
Part B – Thou Shalt Not Kill
Part C – Where Do Our Religions Come From?
Part D – Created  In God’s Image

Please allow a moment for the second file to load.

From ‘The Astro Files – Special Events’

Edited by Aquarius 4/4/2015 7:38 AM
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/4/2015 9:48 AM (#26063 - in reply to #23562)

PhD Alumni

Dear Aquarius

1933 > 1939, etc?

Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 4/4/2015 9:52 AM
Aquarius
Posted 4/4/2015 2:13 PM (#26065 - in reply to #26063)

UMS Guest

Paul Joseph - 4/4/2015 3:48 PM Dear Aquarius 1933 > 1939, etc? Paul

1939 – 1945 Word War II

The time of the inferno of the Apocalypse and Armageddon rolled into one.

With love - Aquarius

Edited by Aquarius 4/5/2015 7:07 AM
Aquarius
Posted 4/5/2015 7:08 AM (#26068 - in reply to #26065)

UMS Guest

Easter Hymn

Awake, thou wintry Earth.
Fling off thy sadness.
Fair spring flowers, laugh forth
And share with us
Thy ancient gladness.

Thomas Blackburn
Edited by Aquarius

Happy Easter
Extra special blessings, healing and peace
To my spiritual family and friends worldwide.
Thank you all for your continued support.

Here is my Easter card for you.
Please follow the link below:

Easter Card

Recommended Viewing:
‘Awake, Thou Wintry Earth’

From ‘Words of Wisdom For The Seasons Of The Year’

mruppert
Posted 4/5/2015 7:37 AM (#26069 - in reply to #26068)

Expert

Hristos a inviat.
Adeverat a inviat!

In English (so Oph doesn't go into Orbit)
Christ has risen.
He has truly risen!

Hoppy Easter to all bunnies,

Marty and LuckyLee
Jump to page : < ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... >
Now viewing page 22 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread