University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Food For Thought
[Frozen]

Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... >
Now viewing page 21 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Paul Joseph
Posted 3/11/2015 4:35 PM (#25974 - in reply to #23562)
Subject: Re: Food For Thought

PhD Alumni

Dear Aquarius

By six-pointed star do we mean the Star of David hereabouts?

I imagine it must be, as otherwise it could be pentacle, which I guess is five, and associated with the Old Religion(s).

[Mind you Pentagle were such a great band in their day ....]

Just that you mention the Talmud, but not Judaism nor the Jews

Edited by Paul Joseph 3/11/2015 4:35 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/12/2015 7:16 AM (#25975 - in reply to #25974)

PhD Alumni

Whenever I think about it, which one cannot help but do in today's day and age, I am moved to incredulity by this: the way in which the Middle East, the cradle of ancient civilizations in many ways, has been the centre of storms that might blow away our contemporary civilizations. In fact maybe they have already for many. It just seems such a bizarre paradox.

Then too, reading some of J G Bennett's accounts of his travels in the early part of the 20th century in the Middle East (recounted in his stories of his encounters with Gurdjeiff), I keep being brought back to his tracing the Ancient Wisdom to the Sufi mystics of that area, for instance, the Naqshbandi sheikhs.

The above thought then hovers in my brain as some sort of question as to whether, what we experiencing now, is really an assault by the forces of darkness on that Ancient Wisdom, as in the 1940s we witnessed an assault on the ancient wisdom of World Jewry (on the increase again today in anti-Semitic assaults):

Rene Guenon referred in the 1940s to The Reign of Quantity and the Age of Quality in discerning the Signs of the Times (his capitals) .... and that as civilization moved towards its decline and collapse, all the forces of Goodness and Evil would increasingly become emptied out for us to make our choices.

In one of the newspapers in the UK today was a map of the Middle East taken at night, and all the lit areas were gradually diminishing. That seemed to me to be a metaphor for what is happening.

It is a worry. It almost makes me incline towards banning religions; which I know is ridiculous. But so much negativity is employed with the certainty of faith as its excuse (as Marty noted in the Crucifixion thread).

Ho hum, back to Pentangle: Light Flight (in hope ...!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9gCN9-Jnfg

Edited by Paul Joseph 3/12/2015 7:20 AM
Aquarius
Posted 3/12/2015 8:52 AM (#25976 - in reply to #25975)

UMS Guest

Dear Paul - thank you for sharing your reflections with us here. I don't think there is any point in ever banning anything. The answer to anything that by rights should be banned, to my mind, is helping those involved in damaging activities - of whatever nature they may be - to become aware of their responsibilities - towards themselves, other people and our whole world. The things we ban usually just forces them underground, where they then flourish and become more dangerous than they were ever before on the surface of life.

Awareness of our true nature and of our responsibilities as human beings and spirits and souls in an experience in physicality, in my view, is the key to unlocking all the things that to this day are troubling our world. Ignorance is the real enemy, so let's do our best to get rid of it!

With love - Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 3/12/2015 8:55 AM (#25978 - in reply to #25976)

UMS Guest

A Call To Action

On the surface of life our world still seems to be a dark place. There is much spiritual ignorance and that is the cause of wars and violence, crimes and injustices, exploitations and power-seeking, wherever one looks. Do not despair when you observe them, because in the background and on the inner level a peaceful revolution is taking place and all who are ready to work with the Highest Star and the Brightest Light in the whole of Creation, the Christ Star, are called to service. A silent army of healers and lightworkers has gathered by now and is determined to put an end to this sad state of affairs. They are numbering thousands – maybe millions, who knows? – from all races and every age group, and every one of them is quietly beavering away.

These people are the supporters of a Universal revolution and they are found in every nation on our planet, though none of them will ever be seen on TV, heard about on the radio or mentioned in the newspapers. They or not are in pursuit of power and glory and they do not wear uniforms Most of them are happily, anonymously and quietly working behind the scenes in the background of life. One of them could be walking past you in any country and culture of our world, in towns and cities big and small, mountains, valleys and remote islands, without you having the slightest idea of who they are.

They are freedom fighters of a very special kind to whom it does not matter who in the end will take the final credit for the blessing and healing, salvation and redemption of our world. All they have in mind is getting on with the job in hand to the best of their ability, in accordance with the inner guidance they receive from their intuition, the living God within. Although during the day many of these people pursue ordinary jobs, their most important efforts take place behind the scenes, because they belong to an army of consciousness who is dedicated to a healing conspiracy. With the help and the will of God and the Angels they are doing their share of slowly bringing our new and peaceful world into being. This can only be done by listening within and with passion and joy they follow the instructions they receive from the Universal Christ, the only born Son/Daughter of the Great Father/Mother of all life, who is the Sun behind and above Suns and dwells in their hearts.

Unnoticed by the hustle and bustle of the outer world these peacemakers are on the move. Everywhere their weapons of love and light, wisdom and truth, comfort, healing and peace are exploding on the inner level of life. The soldiers of this army are healers and lightbringers who are expressing themselves creatively in their own unique way and are sharing the special gifts and talents the Universe has bestowed upon them with anyone who is ready to receive them. This army honours and enjoys the good, right and beautiful things of our world and its arsenal consists of the written and spoken word in poetry and prose, hugs and smiles, kind and loving words, photography and movies, meditations, prayers and quiet reflections, singing and dancing, music-making and many other spiritual social activities.

This force of light also works through spiritual websites and blogs. Its blessing and healing power flows through every one of their words of wisdom, comfort and healing. Why don’t you join our happy throng and become one of us? Share all spiritual wisdom that is worthy of it, because your inner guidance says: ‘This is true!’, with as many as possible by e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, online groups and associations.

Speak about your beliefs to those around you, but be careful and extra gentle with those who are not yet on your wavelength. Bear in mind that they are your younger siblings in the family of humankind and just sow a tiny seed into their minds. If the person is ready for their awakening, what you are sowing will germinate and a small shoot will soon appear in their consciousness. Next time you meet them they might even ask you a few questions about what you know in your heart of hearts to be true. Whenever you are in doubt what to tell someone, turn to your wise one within and quietly say or think: ‘Please help me with this and give me the right words.’ If you do this, they surely will.

Those of us who seriously wish to help Mother Earth live modestly. To avoid putting unnecessary strain on her precious resources, we avoid over-consumption of any kind and live as a good example that others may wish to follow happily. Healers and lightbringers are aware that before any transformation can manifest itself on the outer plane of life, it first has to happen within. That’s why you will find them quietly and humbly getting on with improving their character and unselfishly serving the power of the Highest the best way they know how to. That is how in due course each one of us in due course has to grow into a channel through which the energies of the Christ Star flows for the blessing and healing of all life. The result is a slow but steady moving of mountains of faith. Invisibly on the surface of life, God’s power works through ever more of us and carries us and our world on His/Her shoulders steadily forwards and upwards into an ever brighter, more peaceful and beautiful future.

Love is the law of life and also the new religion of the Aquarian Age. As it has its seat in the intelligence all human hearts and souls possess, we do not have to be highly educated or possess any exceptional knowledge to understand the language of love. At the moment of the creation of each Divine spark this knowledge has been programmed into it and through this into the evolutionary pulse of our race. It is good to witness how more and more of us realise that:

There is only one religion, the religion of love.
There is only one country, the whole of our planet.
There is only one race, the race of humankind.
There is only one gender, who is androgynous, whole and holy.
There is only one language, the language of the heart.
And there is only one God, the God of love,
The Great Father/Mother of all life
And their only born Son/Daughter.
They are one Holy Trinity, who is
Omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient.

Recommended Reading:

From ‘Our World In Transition’

Aquarius
Posted 3/12/2015 3:21 PM (#25979 - in reply to #25974)

UMS Guest

Paul Joseph - 3/11/2015 10:35 PM By six-pointed star do we mean the Star of David hereabouts?. . . 

Dear Paul,

What interesting questions you ask! Thank you for all of them. As the six-pointed has a very long and truly fascinating history, I have decided to add the following to the chapter 'The Symbolism Of The Six-Pointed Star' :

Recommended Viewing:
•    ‘The History Of The Six-Pointed Star’

With love - Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 3/13/2015 8:50 AM (#25982 - in reply to #25979)

UMS Guest

Letting Our Inner Light Shine

Nelson Mandela in his Inaugural Address, which by the way was taken from ‘A Return to Love’ by Marianne Williamson, said: ‘Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It’s our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves: ‘Who am I to be brilliant, beautiful, talented and fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of the Universe and playing small doesn’t serve the world. There is nothing enlightening about shrinking, so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of the Universe that is within us. It’s not just in some of us: it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. And as we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.’

Through our inner connection with the Source of all life, not just a selected few but each one of us is potentially a receiving station for the Divine wisdom that constantly flows directly from there into the whole of Creation. Bearing in mind that in the fullness of time, everybody will be acting as Its channel, to me, the message Mandela used is a prophecy of things to come on the Earth plane, when each one of us will be powerful beyond measure. Yet, this will not happen through some kind of magic, but has to be conscientiously worked on by every individual soul. Each has to strive to bring forth the best from within themselves and leave the selfish desires of their earthly nature behind.

The purpose of this existence is learning to serve the highest good of the whole and seeking to work unselfishly to make our world a better place for all. The more we endeavour to do this, the better we can be used as channels of light, through which the inspiration of the Highest flows onto the Earth plane. It guides each one of us through their intuition into right thought, word and action. On our own we are nothing and can do nothing. But as the energies of the Highest increasingly flow through us, it is possible to gradually become an ever more powerful influence in our world. All we have to do is to resist the temptation to use what we find for self-glorification, but instead celebrating and glorifying God’s infinite power, wisdom and love.

This applies especially to souls who in this lifetime are destined to learn their lessons through working upfront and in leading positions. But it is just as relevant to those who humbly, modestly and unseen by most earthly eyes serve in the background and behind the scenes of public life, to do their share of blessing and healing all life. At least occasionally, let us spare a loving thought for all leaders of our world and the special tests they are constantly facing, to establish what degree of spiritual maturity they have reached. Are they as yet capable of serving as tools and channels for the Highest or do they still put their own selfish interests first?

White Eagle confirms this in ‘The Golden Harvest – Creation, not Destruction’: ‘God breathed into Adam the breath of life; and God will breathe into you this same breath of life, if you will [as much as possible] hold the thought of the perfect life in your mind and heart. Then you will be able to say in truth, as the Master Jesus [in the legend of his life] did, ‘I and my Father are one. I am in the Father and the Father is in me.’

‘Hold fast to this realisation of the light, of the life within you. Let the light manifest through you; let it shine throughout the world… You as an individual are of the greatest importance, because the perfect expression of God through you can influence countless lives. Every human soul is of the utmost importance because every soul is potentially a reflector of God’s life [and a channel for bringing the glory of God onto the Earth].’

From ‘Astrology On The Healing Journey’

Aquarius
Posted 3/14/2015 7:47 AM (#25984 - in reply to #25982)

UMS Guest

An Anthem Of Healing And Peace

The birds they sang at the break of day.
‘Start again,’ I heard them say.
‘Don’t dwell on what has passed away
Or what is yet to be.
Ah, the wars they will be fought again.
The holy dove she will be caught again.
Bought and sold and bought again.
The dove is never free.’

Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That’s how the light gets in.

We asked for signs.
The signs were sent:
The birth betrayed,
The marriage spent,
Yeah the widowhood,
Of every government:
Signs for all to see.

I can’t run no more with that lawless crowd,
While the killers in high places say their prayers out loud.
But they’ve summoned, they’ve summoned up
A thundercloud and they’re going to hear from me.

You can add up the parts,
But you won’t have the sum.
You can strike up the march,
There is no drum.
Every heart, every heart
To love will come,
Like any refugee.

Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack, a crack in everything.
And that’s how the light gets in . . .

By Leonard Cohen

Recommended Viewing:
From ‘Our World In Transition’

Aquarius
Posted 3/15/2015 8:15 AM (#25985 - in reply to #25984)

UMS Guest

A Prayer For Mother’s Day

Today is Mother’s Day in the United Kingdom and Ireland. It is a modern celebration that has its origin in North America. It honours our own mother, as well as motherhood, maternal bonds and the influence of mothers in society in general. This day is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, most commonly in the months of March or May.

The celebration of Mother’s Day began in the United States in the early twentieth century and is not related to the many festivities of mothers and motherhood that have been part of our world over thousands of years, such as the Greek cult to Cybele, the Roman festival of Hilaria or the Christian Mothering Sunday celebration, which originally celebrated the church as the mother of humankind, not motherhood in general. Despite this, in some countries Mother’s Day has become synonymous with these older traditions.

Father/Mother in Heaven
Whose love is Divine,
Thanks for the love
Of a mother like mine.

In Thy great mercy
Look down from above
And grant my dear mother
The gift of Your love.

And all through the year,
Whatever betide her,
Assure her each day
That you are with her.

Father/Mother in Heaven,
Please show me the way
To lighten her tasks
And brighten her day.

And bless her dear heart
With the ability to see
That her love means more
Than the world to me.

Helen Steiner Rice
Adapted by Aquarius

Our loving thoughts and prayers go to the Great Mother of all life to bless those who once were our mothers and are now enjoying their well earned rest in the world of spirit.
From ‘A Celebration Of Mothers’

Happy Mother’s Day.

Aquarius
Posted 3/16/2015 7:40 AM (#25988 - in reply to #25985)

UMS Guest

What Is Hope?

When things go wrong, as they sometime will,
The optimist thinks: ‘They’ll come right again!’,
While the pessimist grumbles: ‘It’ll only get worse!’
And as our thoughts and beliefs create our earthly reality,
Both forecasts duly come true.
Each one nodes sagely: ‘I told you so!’
That’s why when times are hard,
Positive thinkers say to themselves:
‘Things will get better and become easier again.’
And although this may take time,
They invariably do.

What then is hope?
It is not the closing of one’s eyes to
Difficulties, risks and possible failures,
But an inner trusting that:
If we fail now, we shall not do so forever.
If we get hurt, we shall be healed.
If we make mistakes, we shall learn something,
And that will eventually move us on to higher learning.

Hope is the awareness of our innermost soul that
Life is good and the power of love is the most powerful
Force in the whole of Creation that is capable
Of straightening all crooked corners and, if we but ask,
Helps us to make good and heal everything,
Especially our most difficult situations and relationships.

Hope is an inner knowing that in God’s time, not ours,
All things on the Earth plane will come right;
That our present existence can be likened to
A huge stage and that one of these days
We shall step in front of the curtain
Behind we have been acting for such a long time.
Like performers we shall then stand
In the world of light before a friendly audience
Of Angels and Masters, friends and helpers.

Every participant of the comedy of errors that is Earth life,
Eventually feels the need to nail the desires of their small self
To the cross of consciousness of the Earth.
At the end of their present lifetime,
Wise ones, who have willingly submitted themselves
To Saturn’s demands and shown the restraint of self-discipline
And self-mastery in all their relationships,
Have left behind good and healed ones only.
Life itself present them with a leaving certificate
That sets them free from the need of requiring
Further lessons on the Earth.

Like in earthly schools, their teachers,
In this case the Angels,
Move the wise ones on to increasingly elevated
Levels of existence and studies.
And that is how all human souls,
In the fullness of time, take their final bows.

United in friendship and love,
Smilingly we reach out for each other and, holding hands,
We enjoy the roar of applause that greets us,
Although in truth we are much more eager to see
Where the Angels now wish to lead us.

Having surrendered our small earthly self to our Highest Self,
In the shelter of God’s mighty wings,
In all Eternity we shall serenely venture forth,
Never to be frightened or lonely again.

‘I will abide in Thy tabernacle forever.
‘I will make my refuge the shadow of Thy wings.’
Psalm 61:4

Recommended Reading:

The Legend Of Pandora’s Box’

From Wisdom For Creating The Relationships Of Our Dreams’

Aquarius
Posted 3/17/2015 8:19 AM (#25992 - in reply to #25988)

UMS Guest

Death As Teacher

In God’s eyes each one of us is special, unique and precious, but in spite of this it is good to know that we have many things in common with everybody else. For example, no matter where we were born and which race we belong to, there is only one way of coming into this life, for departing from it again and of where to go after leaving the Earth plane. The thought that death is inevitably the end of every human lifespan on the Earth provides our lives with a certain order and structure.

Every death in our surroundings serves as a reminder of our own mortality and some scary questions are bound to rear their heads, for example: ‘What if it were me lying there? When will it be my turn? How will I go?’ and so forth. And the way people sometimes are very suddenly and unexpectedly taken away from our midst drives home the point that life is a precious gift that can easily be taken from us again. This reveals to us the fragility and temporariness of everyone’s earthly existence.

Through death life itself teaches us to bend our knees before the Highest. This means the love and wisdom of the Great Mother, who knows the exact moment of our birth and departure from this plane of life, and the power and might of the Great Father, who through Her brings us into being with the help of an earthly set of parents, at precisely the right moment. It is the same power that takes us out of Earth life again at the predestined time, which was written in the great book of life a long time before we ever put in our present appearance in physicality. What greater wonder and miracle than this could there be anywhere? Just think, this is only the beginning and the scratching of the surface of the mystery of our being!

For many of us this lifetime is going to be an extra special one, because anyone who is ready to listen to what the voice of their spirit and soul has to say, God and the Angels are glad to show them how to return into the conscious awareness of their true nature and origin. When this happens we gradually become aware of our true nature again and that in truth we are beings of love, created by love.  We then realise that the higher purpose of each new lifetime on Earth always has been to present us with fresh opportunities for learning how to love wisely, the way God loves us, totally and unconditionally. This shows us that what is commonly thought of love in earthly life is usually emotional love. And if we are really honest with ourselves, it is probably not love at all, but an expression of needfulness and emotional dependence, no more and no less.

As we know by now, every experience can teach us something, and it makes no difference whether on the surface of life something appears to be good or bad.  The knowledge of this helps our earthly self to recognise that our life and all life is by no means chaotic, that everything is organised in a certain way and that there is a purpose and a higher meaning to Earth life and that every human soul has a high and holy destiny.

We may often still fail to grasp the purpose of the events in our lives. But this is no tragedy because we now appreciate that all we need to do is listen to the small still voice of consciousness, the wise one within, our intuition, and it will tell us what the Universe and our Highest or God Self is trying to convey to us through our experiences. The understanding of the processes and the higher purpose of life that is gradually developing in our consciousness helps us to make sense of our present existence and eases the pain when the death of a loved one comes round.

For as long as our eyes were focussed purely on the material world and its requirements, the way they did in the past, the meaning behind life’s major lessons remained a closed book to us. As a result, whenever we had to endure and work our way through difficult and traumatic times, we could do nothing but come to the conclusion that life had dealt us a particularly rough deal. This changes profoundly with the awakening awareness that there are other dimensions of us and our world, that nothing in anyone’s life happens perchance and that every experience has a specific meaning and only ever comes our way to fulfil the higher purpose of teaching us something.

When this understanding has been found and someone goes from us – even if it happens suddenly and in tragic circumstances – our suffering is no longer as intense as it once used to be. The pain of parting is eased by the fact that in truth there is no death, that our loved one has merely moved into another dimension of life and still loves us the way he/she always did. Their love is likely to deepen and increase because their vision is no longer clouded by earthly concerns, which all too often gets into the way of relationship on the Earth plane. The wise ones in charge of us in the world of light smile and rejoice each time this happens. It shows them that not only one but two of us have woken from our spiritual slumbers, the first on this side of the veil of consciousness and the second on the other.

It is everyone’s own responsibility to go in search of the messages someone’s death is trying to bring to those left behind. If, in spite of our efforts, we cannot find them, God and the Angels are glad to help – if we but ask. The deep underlying purpose of all suffering in our world is to help our soul to grow and our consciousness to expand in wisdom and understanding. Trying to get comfort and healing for the things that are painful in our lives, physically, emotionally and spiritually, in the end results in the knowledge that lights the way back home into the conscious awareness of our relationship and loving union with our Creator.

For those who are still lost in the illusion of Earth life, the moment of going down on their knees and reaching out for the blessing, healing and helping hands of the Highest forces of life also comes eventually. These hands are always reaching out to us and waiting to be called upon.

Recommended Reading:

From ‘Comfort for the Bereaved’

Paul Joseph
Posted 3/17/2015 4:16 PM (#25993 - in reply to #25992)

PhD Alumni

Hi Aquarius

I was touched that you found inspiration in Leonard Cohen's song. He is amazing. The story of what evoked his return to the stage and to world touring is also a great testament I think to his creativity and resilience.

As for your latest Food for Thought; I am not sure. It is generous and good of you to gift us so much wisdom. But how do you know of what you speak is true?

Death as Teacher could be personifying an inevitable fact of life .... though you did evoke for me that great film, The Seventh Seal ....

And as for the Great Father and the Great Mother, much as one might like to believe in the deepest meanings to our existence here, how, or what, makes such belief credible? People die and are revived and some have seen the White Light that lies beyond certainly: but then again some do not.

Others give their lives in tragic circumstances that are not witnessed, or even if they are, ultimately meaninglessness seems to prevail.

Maybe I am being too negative; maybe I am playing Devil's Advocate.

Another great recent one of dearest Leonard's is, Tower of Song - best played to the end ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FDNG7_hMc4

Enjoy

Paul
Aquarius
Posted 3/18/2015 8:09 AM (#25994 - in reply to #25993)

UMS Guest

Thank you, Paul, for your thoughts and observations - as ever they are very interesting and deeply thought-provoking.

Thank you also for the link for Leonard Cohen's song. I believe the answer is: L O V E.  That is the answer to all the questions we may ever care to ask. If we ask them with love in our hearts, they do come - from L O V E, where all things have their origin. 

How do I know the things I am writing about and sharing with you here? All my writings are of an intuitive nature - my Highest Self is writing them through me. 

With love - Aquarius 

Aquarius
Posted 3/18/2015 8:09 AM (#25995 - in reply to #25994)

UMS Guest

The Peace Of The Elements

Deep peace of the gentle Lake to you.
Deep peace of the flowing Air to you.
Deep peace of the quiet Earth to you.
Deep peace of the shining Stars to you.
Deep peace of the Son of Peace to you.

A Celtic Blessing

‘Pachelbel’s Canon in D major

From ‘Words & Prayers For Peace, Comfort & Healing’

Aquarius
Posted 3/19/2015 8:41 AM (#25999 - in reply to #25995)

UMS Guest

Growing Up

The gist of what I have to say is that
Little by little, the human spirit and soul must
Grow up and wean itself.
From an embryo who draws its nourishment
From its mother’s blood,
We grow into an infant that drinks her milk,
From there we develop into a searcher of wisdom and truth,
Who is a hunter of  less visible gain.

Think how it is to have a conversation with an embryo.
You might say: ‘The world outside our womb is vast and intricate.
There are wheat fields, mountain passes,
And orchards in bloom.
At night you can see millions of galaxies,
And in the Sun’s light you can watch
The beauty of friends
Who are dancing at a wedding.’

If you asked the embryo: ‘Would you prefer
To stay here, cooped up in the dark,
With your eyes closed?’

The answer would be:
‘I only know what I am experiencing now.
When you talk of another world,
You must be hallucinating.’

From Rumi’s ‘Mathnawi’
13th Century Persian Muslim poet, jurist, theologian and Sufi mystic.
In his writings he described everything in Heaven and Earth.
Adapted by Aquarius

Each time the door of our true home closes behind us and we are reborn into another lifetime on the Earth plane, in the embryo state of our human existence all we know is our present lifestate. This happens to all of us during our first lifetimes in physicality. And that’s what’s happening to the young and experienced souls who are now in our midst. The Divine spark in them is slumbering and has not yet had a chance to come alive, for the simple reason that they have not yet experienced and learned enough.

We are love. From love we come and to love we return. We are on the Earth plane to explore and become familiar with everything that is not love, like hatred and greed, violence and crime, sickness and death. Everything that causes suffering for us and our world. Through this our own soul, the soul of humankind, of our whole world and of the whole of Creation constantly grows in wisdom and understanding. The consciousness of our race and our own keeps on expanding until we rediscover who we are and where we have come from. Our own experiences have taught us by then that it is better for us and more enjoyable by far to go in pursuit of that which is wholesome and good, beautiful and right, because they are the only things that make us feel that we are true to our real nature. And this heralds that, at least for us, a vast evolutionary circle has closed and one particular chapter of our development is complete. This applies as much to each one of us individually as it does collectively to our race and world.

From ‘Words Of Hope & Encouragement’

Aquarius
Posted 3/20/2015 7:58 AM (#26002 - in reply to #25999)

UMS Guest

Today is the 20th March 2015 and the Sun is moving into Aries, the sign of the uprushing fountain of life, resurrection and renewal of all life. The Sun’s entry into this sign is the day of the Spring Equinox, a time for celebrating and thanksgiving that winter is over and spring has come.

Springtime Prayer
For flowers that bloom about our feet,
For tender grass, so fresh and sweet,
For song of bird and hum of bee,
For all things fair we hear and see,
Great Spirit, Father/Mother,
We thank Thee!

For blue of stream and blue of sky,
For pleasant shade of branches high,
For fragrant air and cooling breeze,
For beauty of the blooming trees,
Great Spirit, Father/Mother,
We thank Thee!

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Adapted by Aquarius

Recommended Viewing:

From ‘Words of Wisdom For The Seasons Of The Year’

Edited by Aquarius 3/21/2015 7:59 AM
Aquarius
Posted 3/21/2015 7:49 AM (#26004 - in reply to #26002)

UMS Guest

Parents And Children

Kahlil Gibran wrote in his poem ‘About Children’: ‘Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of life’s longing to experience itself. Your children come through you, but they are neither of you nor from you. And although for a time, they are with you, they do not belong to you. You may give them your love, but not your thoughts, for they have their own pathway to walk and thoughts to think.’ I share this view and accept that our children are but a gift on time, and that they – the same as we ourselves – are the response of life’s yearning for growth and evolution, through real life experiences. Spiritually, our children are our sisters and brothers, and so are our parents. They too are our siblings in the great family of humankind, no more and no less, and therefore not truly our parents.

The same applies to partners and other family members who, if we were lucky or rather had karmically deserved it, once provided us with a sense of belonging and security. In spite of the fact that their spirit never really does go from us, their physical death reveals that the security we thought we had with them was part of the illusion of Earth life. Sooner or later we come to the conclusion that true security can only be found through our inner connection with higher and higher levels of life and ultimately with God, never in people and/or earthly possessions, in which we may have tried to ground ourselves. The best we as earthly parents can ever hope to achieve for the children who come through us is to create a temporary illusion of security.

Clearly then, everything that is in our lives is there to teach us something and death is no exception. Most of all it shows that nothing and no-one on the Earth plane has any real power. No matter how powerful and splendid someone may think they are, the Angel of Death – who is part of the Great Mother’s wisdom and love – calls them away at its bidding, not the one with the inflated ego – just the same as everybody else. This is a demonstration of the fact that true and lasting power never belongs to any one of us earthlings. It belongs to God alone and the hierarchy of wise ones, who have been appointed to be in charge of us and who act on the commands of those superior to them on the highest levels of live.

The Angel of Death is a group of Angels. None of them has anything in common with the images of the grim reaper we know from days gone by. The countenance of these Angels is kind and loving and they radiate nothing but love. When we are ready to leave our physical body behind, one of them comes for our spirit and soul. Taking the hand of our astral body, it wraps its wings of golden light around us and takes us to the world of light.

Sending absent or distant healing to someone who is preparing to go from this life is most beneficial. The Angels fill the person’s whole being with golden healing light and create an aura of the same around them. Any prayers that are sent from nearby and faraway places, including those from other parts of our world, add to these loving vibrations. They are a considerable help with easing the patient’s passage when for them the right moment for letting go of their earthly existence has come.

Our Guardian Angel never leaves us and shows us the way and assists us with getting re-acquainted with our old home. Having left the Earth plane, the only things that are still with us then are the soul qualities of our Christ nature we have been able to bring forth thus far. They are our only property and are of the greatest value and significance, as their development is the only way spiritual progress can be made on the evolutionary spiral of life. Anything else just holds us back.

Every new lifetime in physicality is a gift that is granted so that we should learn to rise above the downwards drag of our earthly nature’s desires, for example greed and power-seeking for personal benefit and glory. In due course every human soul is required to follow the upwards pull of their spirit and soul instead. While we are here, the physical part of us belongs to Mother Earth and everybody’s own spiritualisation assists this development for our planet. This is one of the main reasons for our presence on the Earth. And everything that happens to us is our true parents’ way of providing us with the security we always dreamed of and could never find in earthly life, simply because it doesn’t exist there.

Recommended Reading:

From ‘Comfort for the Bereaved’

Aquarius
Posted 3/22/2015 8:17 AM (#26006 - in reply to #26004)

UMS Guest

How We Love
Life has taught me this:
Everyday is new
And if anything is true,
All that matters when we’re through
Is how we love.

Faced with what we lack
Some things fall apart.
From the ashes new dreams start, but
All that matters to the heart is how we love.

How we love, how we love.
From the smallest act of kindness
In a world of smart and hurt,
In spite of all mistakes chances come again.
Whether we lose or win,
All that matter in the end is how we love

How we love, how we love.
I will not forget any act of kindness,
Each time I needed it so much.
We cannot always be strong
In this world of right or wrong,
But all that matters when we’ve gone
And all that mattered all along,
The only thing that remains in the end
And truly does live on –
Is how we have loved.

Beth Nielsen Chapman
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words Of Hope & Encouragement’

Aquarius
Posted 3/23/2015 8:34 AM (#26007 - in reply to #26006)

UMS Guest

Looking At The Bright Side

Fed up and disenchanted with himself and his life and feeling thoroughly sorry for himself, a man was sitting in his study. After a moment or two of contemplation, he picked up a pen and started to write: ‘I had surgery last year during which my gall bladder was removed. Because of the operation I had to stay in bed for a long time. I was approaching the age of sixty in the same year and was disappointed that after having spent thirty years of my life in a publishing company and done well for them, I was asked to retire to make room for a younger person. This meant giving up my favourite job. During that year my father died and my son failed his medical exam, because he had been involved in a car accident and spent several days in a hospital bed with a cast on his foot. The car was a write-off. Ah, what a miserable year!’

If only the man had known that he was going through his second Saturn return, and that with it the time had come for clearing out the things that were no longer of any use in his life. Be that as it may, later that day his wife came to see him and found him looking sad and lost in thought. For some time she had been watching how he was sinking ever deeper into a mood of despondency and depression. Standing behind him she read his notes. An idea came to her and she silently left the room. But after a while she returned with a sheet of paper, which she placed by the side of what her husband’s notes.

The woman had recently consulted the Great Mother of all life, the wise one within her, and asked: ‘What can I do to help my husband?’ It was the Mother’s love and wisdom that guided the wife’s hand and thoughts when she wrote:

‘Last year I finally got rid of a gall bladder that had caused me many years of discomfort and pain. In the same year I turned sixty-five. I am of sound health and having retired from my job, I can now use more of my time to compose the master novels I have always dreamed I would write one day. They are going to be stories that have purpose and meaning, because I am now much more focussed and at peace.

‘After having lived to the ripe old age of ninety-five without needing to depend on others or suffering from any serious illnesses, in that same year my father passed into the world of light. Reunited with my mother, he is sure to be exploring his new home now and enjoying its greater freedom. I look forward to seeing them again in due course. If I last as long as my father did, I have another thirty-five years before me. It’s up to me whether I spend them unhappily dwelling on the things that once were, or whether I make them into the most happy and creative time of my life.

‘It is true, it was also the year my car was a complete write-off. However, the main thing is that our son is alive and has survived the accident without disabilities. All in all, I think the year passed well and when looked at in the right way, it has brought many blessings into my life, for which I give thanks and praise to the Highest.’

The ability to see the bright side of all our experiences is one of the finest and rewarding art forms Earth life has to offer. And if we but take a closer look at our lives, there is always something to be thankful for. Being grateful for the many gifts the Universe bestows upon us at any given moment fills our whole being with a sense of fulfilment, happiness and the goodness of life.

Recommended Reading:

From ‘Reflections On Growing Older’
Part A – Drinking From The Eternal Fountain Of Youth
Part B – The Homecoming
Part C – Looking At The Bright Side

Please allow a moment for the file to load

Aquarius
Posted 3/24/2015 7:31 AM (#26008 - in reply to #26007)

UMS Guest

The Art Of Listening

Teach me the art of listening, Great Spirit,
To my nearest and dearest:
My family and friends,
Neighbours and co-workers.
Help me to become aware that,
No matter what words anyone uses,
The underlying message always is:
‘Listen to me and accept and love me,
As the person I truly am.’

Teach me to listen, Great Spirit,
To those far from me –
To the pleas of the frightened and lost,
Lonely and forgotten,
And to the cries of the anguished.

Teach me to listen, Great Spirit,
To my own deepest, innermost needs.
Help me to become fearless enough
To trust that the small still voice of conscience
That speaks to me from my heart,
Is the voice of Your wisdom and truth.

Teach me to listen within, Great Spirit,
In busy-ness and boredom,
Certainty and doubt,
Noise and silence –
To the sound of Your beloved voice.

Teach me to listen, O Wise One within.
Now that the Age of Aquarius is with us,
And my earthly education drawing to its close,
Help me to transform all my relationships into friendships,
And to leave no unresolved issues behind,
When my departure from this plane of life has come,
Teach me to listen.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Words & Prayers For Friendship Healing’

Aquarius
Posted 3/25/2015 8:01 AM (#26010 - in reply to #26008)

UMS Guest

Extract From ‘Reflections On Growing Older’

As the years moved by and the older I have grown, the perspective of my life changed dramatically. One of the most enjoyable aspects of this part of my life is that with my ever increasing understanding of the spiritual background of life, many issues that once seemed all-important have simply fallen by the wayside. To me, growing older is the greatest gift that life has to bestow upon any of its children. In my view, it is not something to be afraid of, but to be looked forward to, relished and enjoyed, when it slowly but surely sneaks up on us.

Having reached this time of life, any wisdom we gained is a reward for battling our way, as best we knew how to, through the many obstacles and hardships that are inevitable on our pathway through our present lifetime. I found that the situation eased considerably once I had found the awareness that if help is required it has to be asked for, and that as soon as we reach out for the helping hand of God and the Angels, they draw ever closer to us. I do hope that this will also make our passage back into our true home an easier one, when the time for letting go of this world has come. The earlier in life one starts with this, the better and more effective it is bound to be.

I now no longer have any qualms acting out the real me and fully being the person I always wanted to be. When I look into the mirror, sometimes I am astonished at how young I still look. Yet, there are also times when I seem to look and feel a million years old. Never mind, I tell myself, that’s probably because I am. I am sure you know exactly what I mean. Most of the time, however, I feel amazingly young inside this body of mine, younger than I ever did before in my present lifetime. This must have something to do with the fact that having experienced difficult times – having reached my age, who hasn’t? – one gets more in touch with one’s immortal and ageless spirit and soul. Apart from that, equipped with the learning I have found along my way, life has become much easier in so many ways.

Most of all I enjoy the knowledge that it is not death that looms ahead when we leave our physical bodies behind, but a rebirth and release into our true home, where loved ones are waiting for us. We shall then all stand before each other in our true roles as children of God and siblings in the vast family of all life, rather than as grandparents, parents and children. I hope that on this level of life a proper reconciliation will be possible and that the chains and shackles of Karma will be dissolved once and for all through true forgiveness that grows from this understanding.

From ‘Drinking From The Eternal Fountain Of Youth’

Please allow a moment for the file to load

Aquarius
Posted 3/26/2015 7:50 AM (#26011 - in reply to #26010)

UMS Guest

Slowing Down

Great Spirit, Father/Mother of all life,
Slow me down.
Ease my pounding heart,
Quieten my racing mind
And steady my hurried steps.

Amid the confusion of our days
Grant me the gift of the calmness
Of Your mountains and hills,
And every night the restoring power of sleep.

Teach me the art of taking time off,
For looking at and smelling the flowers,
For dedicating more of it to family and friends,
And for reading a good book.

For thinking of You and thanking You,
Each time I stand before the
Beauty and wonder of Your Creation,
And for everything that is in my life now,
For that which once was and one day will be.

Help me to see that there is more to life
Than running ever faster.
When I admire the branches of a towering oak,
I realise that it could only grow so tall and strong,
Because it took its time.

Therefore, slow me down, Great Spirit.
Teach me to be gentle and humble of heart.
Because in that place alone my soul can find the
Rest, peace and healing it needs,
With You.

Created by Anon.
Adapted by Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 3/27/2015 7:44 AM (#26013 - in reply to #26011)

UMS Guest

Stargazer’s Philosophy Behind The Divine Science

Our Character Is Our Destiny – How and Why?

Come And Share My Dreams

Had I the Heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,

I would spread the cloths under your feet.
But I, being poor, have only my dreams.
I have spread my dreams under your feet.
Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

William Butler Yeats

If the cloths of the Heavens were mine to give, I too would spread them under your feet. Being but a stargazer and poor like the poet, all I can do is share with you my hopes and dreams for our world through the Wisdom from the Stars I have been allowed to gain access to. And so I am spreading them before you instead. Please tread softly when, by partaking from what I have to give, you walk on my dreams.

My dreams are of a peaceful world where human beings live and work together in peace and harmony. Instead of exploiting, oppressing and enslaving those around them, unselfishly they help and support each other wherever they can. All accept responsibility for themselves, each other and our world. Everybody is a wise one who has taken charge of their character and with it their own destiny and that of our world. People are tolerant and patient with each other. They have a kind and loving word not only for their nearest and dearest but for everyone, including members of other races and cultural backgrounds. Pulling in the same direction, all together we are moving forwards and upwards into an ever more peaceful and prosperous present and future.

Aquarius is the sign of siblinghood, kinship and friendship among all peoples, nations and ultimately all life. It symbolises revolution, renewal, transfiguration and transmutation. In the Age of Aquarius, now upon us, humankind’s highest hopes and aspirations personally and collectively are going to find their fulfilment, on every level of our existence. Now, imagine for a moment that we are already in the midst of this new golden age. Hunger, starvation, sickness, violence and crime are no longer known. We co-exist with honesty and integrity. Lying, cheating and corruption have long been forgotten. Religions, humankind’s age-old favourite excuse for spreading hatred and bigotry, warfare and destruction, have vanished because all on this plane of life are awake to their true nature. They have re-established their inner connection and direct link with our Creator. Hand in hand with God and the Angels all life once again moves smoothly along, the way it once did in past golden ages.

During the final assault on the peak of the spiritual mountain of being reunited with our Creator, the Angels and Masters, guides and helpers from the world of light showed us ever more peaceful and loving ways of being. They taught us that every human soul can beneficially influence the flow of their own destiny and that of our world by seriously working on the improvement of their character through bringing forth only the best and highest of our inner qualities. Thus we transformed our weaknesses into strength and further enhanced and made best possible use of the characteristics that had already been developed by us into strong and positive ones in other lifetimes.

Making this peaceful dream world into a reality on the Earth plane is why I am spreading the cloth of my dreams at your feet in this part of the Stargazer’s Astro Files. The same as all my other writings, it has been woven with many colours, lots of love and a great deal of care. All those who are willing to work with me on making our dream world into a reality on the Earth plane, I ask to proceed gently and with kindness, for you will be walking not only on my dreams but also your own. And they, in the final analysis, are the visions of God and the Angels for our whole race and our world.

We are part of God and God is part of us – we are God. The Godhead experiences itself through us and dreams its visions through us. At the same time, we are the dreamer and the dreamed. In some human souls the Great Father/Mother of all life experiences itself in great material riches of the Earth, in others it dreams of spiritual wealth and hopes for the freedom and ultimate release from the shackles of our planet in the Age of Aquarius. One dream is not better than any other. Each is merely a different kind of learning and our Creator getting to know different aspects of Itself.

Recommended Reading:

From ‘The Astro Files Philosophy’

Aquarius
Posted 3/28/2015 8:44 AM (#26019 - in reply to #23562)
Subject: RE: Food For Thought

UMS Guest

Trust
Lead, kindly light,
Amid the encircling gloom,
Lead Thou me on.
The night is dark
And I am far from home,
Lead Thou me on.

Keep Thou my feet.
I do not ask to see
The distant scene.
One step forward is enough for me.

It was not always thus.
I did not pray that Thou
Should lead me on.
I loved to choose and see my path,
But having grown wiser and older,
Lead Thou me on.

I’ve had enough of garish days,
When in spite of my fears
Pride ruled my will.
Help me forget those past years,
And lead Thou me on.

So long Thy power hath blest me,
Sure, it will still lead me on,
O’er moor and fen,
O’er crag and torrent,
Till the night has gone.

And with the morn, the Angel faces smile,
Which I have always loved,
And only thought I’d lost for a while.

Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 3/29/2015 8:18 AM (#26021 - in reply to #26019)

UMS Guest

My Heroes

It seems to me that these days the worshipping of heroes has become a popular pastime and so inevitably from time to time, someone wants to know who mine are. Everybody appears to have some; yet, I seem to lack the capacity for that kind of worship. Maybe my early experiences taught me which people are truly worthy of my deep love and respect and which ones are not. The worthy ones to me are those who day by day quietly and patiently bear their cross and get on with their lives, as best they can, the same as those brave warriors. Also, I am more than happy to specially honour anyone who has ever played their part in trying to make our world a better place for all to share.

If it were within my power, I would personally hand an award to each one, especially to those now in the world of spirit. As that is impossible, let me do the next best thing by expressing my deepest and most heartfelt gratitude to them here. Whether they survived the nightmare or not and wherever they may be now, I will always remember with gratitude and admiration the courage of those who marched, fought and gave their lives and limbs on behalf of us all. Who knows? Maybe some of them are now among our friends and helpers in the world of light, supporting us and spurring us all on to ever greater efforts. Now, there’s a heart-warming thought for you!

At the time of writing and editing this, I heard a news item about the fact that not only Germany had been bankrupt by the end of the war, but that the same was also true for the United Kingdom. On the internet I found the following press release: ‘In September 1945, its government borrowed $4.34 billion at a 2% interest rate from the USA and Canada, to rebuild the economy after hostilities had ceased. It had originally been intended that this loan should be paid back over 50 years, beginning in 1950. But it turned out that keeping up the payments was often difficult. There were six years when Britain deferred payment as a result of economic crises and pressure on the official reserves. Just before the New Year 2007, over sixty years after the end of the war, the final payment of £43m was made.’

This confirmed a belief I have held for a long time, namely that in any of the many wars our world has witnessed there never were any winners. In the end, everybody loses and everybody gets hurt – and that not only on the soul level. It is true that in the short term and on the material level, the warmongers and arms makers grow rich and fat. For anyone who still lacks all spiritual awareness, the most important lesson of their present lifetime is the recognition that no material wealth can be taken with us at the moment of physical death. Even the most materialistically minded people gain when this dawns on them upon their return into the world of spirit.

The Universal law of life is love. Any warmongering is a transgression against this law and a crime against all life, not merely humankind. The only true winners in every war are those who realise the futility of warring. Great spiritual growth is sure to come to those who appreciate the significance of the ordeals they had to endure and who know how to extract the learning they contained, individually and collectively. And if such survivors strive to spend the rest of their present lifetime in peaceful ways, they prove that they have grasped the Earth plane’s most important lesson: the value of peace.

Recommended Reading:
From ‘War And Peace Between Nations’

Aquarius
Posted 3/30/2015 7:35 AM (#26026 - in reply to #26021)

UMS Guest

Dear Paul - the other day you asked some interesting questions about the lives of people like Hitler and Gandhi. Please forgive me for not having attended to them as yet. They have neither been overlooked nor forgotten. I had written about this theme some time ago, but as soon as I opened the file and started re-reading it, new insights  came pouring in. This happened each time I put down my pen or put my computer to sleep. As a result, all I can tell you about this project at the moment is that it is in preparation. So, please watch this space!

With love - Aquarius

Jump to page : < ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... >
Now viewing page 21 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software