University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rose Cross
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

FoxFires
Posted 4/16/2012 7:10 PM (#23230)
Subject: Rose Cross

Alumni

Hey All,

I looked at joining the Rose Cross Scociety after reading some ancient texts translated to English

I found two of them with the same claim to the past as previous members

Ancient and Mystical Order Rosae Crucis (AMORC)
Societas Rosicruciana in America (SRIA)

I found the AMORC more heart based seeming to speak to peoples heart, where SRIA seemed to address head knowledge as the wisdom of the head.  But I will debate if or who further.  These are both open to males and females for membership

One thimg I did see was another repersentation of the square and deviders but they were slightly different than the Freemasons,  but I distinctly was seeing another representation of this use got it was similar to the transit device used to survey from a distance and the symbology...  I got from it that it was to observe things for enlightenment, when I saw it displayed in this context.  It is also stated that the AMORC was part of the Freemason society previously or they were affiliated... used similar materials for raising people to higher states of understanding

Any thoughts

Love and Light

Edited by FoxFires 4/16/2012 7:15 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
FoxFires
Posted 4/17/2012 11:54 AM (#23232 - in reply to #23230)
Subject: Re: Rose Cross

Alumni

I found the following on the net:
In the Scottish Rite petition for admission to the mysteries, question number 26 asks: 'Do you promise, upon your honor, to strictly adhere to and be governed by the Constitution and Laws of the Grand Lodge of Texas and by the By-Laws of this Lodge?' Question number 29 asks: 'Do you seriously declare, upon your honor, that you will cheerfully conform to the ancient established usages and customs of Masonry?'

I am not sure how someone can promise to something that they may not yet know what they are promising too. How can a yes be agreed to, like to what one instructed and to be cheerful about an absolute unknown
I do not know if this is a true vow, or even used or where, but this does not seem possible to provide blind faith for an unknown cause
Love and Light
leo
Posted 4/17/2012 2:11 PM (#23233 - in reply to #23230)
Subject: RE: Rose Cross

Ph.D. Alumni

FF,

The following is the meaning of the square and compass as stated in the Free Mason's lecture for the Entered Apprentice level.

The Three Great Lights in Masonry are
the Holy Bible, Square and Compasses, and are
thus explained: The Holy Bible is given us as the
rule and guide for our faith and practice, the Square
to square our actions, and the Compasses to
circumscribe our desires and keep our passions
in due bounds with all mankind, especially the
Brethren.

Freemasonry takes
all good men by the hand, and leading them to its
Altars, points to the open Bible thereon, and urges
upon each that he faithfully direct his steps through
life by the Light he there shall find, and as he
there shall find it.

Your question as to how someone can take a vow to something that they know nothing about? In the Scottish Rite, a candidate is aware as they are Master Masons prior to their entry. Being a member of the Blue Lodge they become quite familar with the oaths they take.

Edited by leo 4/17/2012 2:25 PM
FoxFires
Posted 4/17/2012 2:30 PM (#23234 - in reply to #23233)

Alumni

Thanks Leo,

I am sort of floundeirng though some information.  I hope I am not upsetting too many appel carts Along the way. but would the way we look at things analogy hold true?

From: The Holy Bible is given us as the rule and guide for our faith and practice,
Square to square our actions,
Compasses to  circumscribe our desires and keep our passions in due bounds with all mankind

Would 'especially the Brethren' mean overlooking any transgression, and covering for them even with a duty to act?

Love and Light

leo
Posted 4/17/2012 2:57 PM (#23235 - in reply to #23234)

Ph.D. Alumni

FF,

While I no longer ascribe to the tennets of the Bible in total, I believe there are certainly valid points throughout. I no longer participate in the Blue Lodge due to my metaphysical understanding. The meaning of "especially the Brethern" simply means that as a Mason our oaths are to assist one another (including non-Masons) but not necessarily to cover for transgressions. In fact, if certain transgressions would appear to go against the principals of Free-Masonary, then said Mason could be dismissed from the Brotherhood. Transgressions to Masonary would be presented to the Grand Lodge for action.
FoxFires
Posted 4/17/2012 4:37 PM (#23236 - in reply to #23235)

Alumni

Leo,

I do understand your bible position of the information there.

I know there are many bible believers who can not ascend from the belief locked status without help.  I still ascribe to the bible as true and should be personally (by me) as true so I can help some still in bondage.  I feel more today are bound by their understanding of the bible than freed from bondage

So yes I get why you take the stance you do.

But there is enough information in the bible to help those stuck here in endless cycles waiting for someone else to fix their problems

Love and Light

leo
Posted 4/17/2012 8:35 PM (#23237 - in reply to #23236)

Ph.D. Alumni

FF,

One of the important scriptures is found in John (8:32) "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." However, the Truth is found in Christ's words as a Metaphysician, not as the savior from our sins. The Truth is that we are eternal spiritual beings, and that we do not die. On my tombstone It won't read RIP it will read BRB. As Jesus didn't die, either on the cross or at a later date is irrevalent. The relvalent point is that he, like us, did not die. I don't believe those who are seeking Truth will find it in the dogma and doctrine of religion. Nor will they find it in any written scripture that has been tampered with by man. We simply (or not so simply) need to look inward to find God/Source. As Jesus the Metaphysician stated "Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. (Luke 17:21)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John 18:36 Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place." That would be in the realms of spiritual existence. Beyond the veil...........The universe is within each of us and connected by Consciousness.

So, yes there is enough information in the bible to help those "stuck" however the issue remains....sorting out fact from fiction..........
FoxFires
Posted 4/18/2012 5:22 PM (#23238 - in reply to #23237)

Alumni

Leo,

I feel the truth is something found in the heart, and not in the head.  There is an insanity spell we sort of go through to release head control.

But absoulte truth resides in the bible, it is just we do not understanit correctly to help people as long as we have motive and agenda and desire.

Remember that to change things in this realm with 6.5 billion people, it takes only 8,000 people without emotional attachment to change reality.  So yes we can manifest things into reality, that were not there before, not to mention alternate occurences on alternate timelines,  reality get fuzzy there and saying a single point is wrong is very hard to do without a motive.  But people in general do not understand death,  and so the name is used for what people have called it.  But death is supposed to be like a spiritual event that is the highest emotion we will feel when it happens

Love and Light

mruppert
Posted 4/27/2012 10:18 PM (#23252 - in reply to #23230)

Expert

Hi folks.....catching up on posts as I need more time in a 24 hour day then I have.........
I can only speak with knowledge and association of AMORC, but am aware of the MANY Rosicrucian societies and organizations worldwide. The compelling evidence is in San Jose, Cali

Paws for Food,
PsychoMarty and Luck, Popp
mruppert
Posted 4/27/2012 10:22 PM (#23253 - in reply to #23230)

Expert

Unobserving me.........................where is your lovely visage Foxman? Whas up?
FoxFires
Posted 4/28/2012 7:07 AM (#23254 - in reply to #23253)

Alumni

Marty,

My image / advatar went missing when the new software package was installed.  I am ok with this fact that it went missing and do not feel I need to be reactive to what image I might or might not portray, as what I think in this realm does not matter.  So it just went missing, and has stayed that way.

Love and Light

FoxFires
Posted 4/28/2012 7:51 AM (#23256 - in reply to #23230)

Alumni

From my recent compilation and processing of massive older texts and information sources, And I have found the following, The Catholic Church has an hi tech Infrared satellite observatory named Lucifer. see http://seeker401.wordpress.com/2010/04/28/vatican-tied-mount-graham... This is nothing to with good or evil. But if you read the bible and think along the lines of Lucifer being a Sun as a heavenly being, and he fell to earth like lightning this changes the understanding of the bible. If we are visited every 3600 years by a failed star or a red brown dwarf that LOST it's spark of energy here, and it relights when it gets near our earth and sun, and it exalted itself above heaven, and was smitten to earth Our concept of what the stories of the bible shares, alter to a great degree. Moses and the cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night as they wandered through the wilderness The Egyptian Winged sun image shown next to the primary sun. Lucifer was the Light bearer and the Morning sun So could all of this just be here to tell us we are part of a binary sun system Love and Light</p><p>And Wormwood from revelations could describe a failed dwarf sun becoming relight as it reenters our sun's influence. I do not aspire to the doom and gloom theories of revelations, as it is just for us to face our fears. And for us to desire energy to help make things as right as we can with ourself and the heavenly bodies in our influence realm If there is a secondary sun in our solar system, and it lost it's fire, we might have the culprit for the earth's dualities, on an easily understood or nature level. And we might have just been told metaphors of the big picture
FoxFires
Posted 4/28/2012 8:04 AM (#23257 - in reply to #23256)

Alumni

As far as the previous post, and the link to the Catholic church telescope.  I niether make profit from the church or have desires to convert people to and from the church beliefs (disclaimer of personal motive, and displacing the same motives). The link was just placed there as an ah hah effect.  The reason I used this link, was when I was a child if I made mad a statement like the Pope used Lucifer to see what was coming to earth, I would have got my ares stomped.  So this to me seems to have been well thought out and percisely planned, to lighten the concept of what we think things are about in life and the bigger picture of what it all means.  No claim to the church being evil from this post either.  But that we are needing to, or should revaluate long held conceptions of right and wrong.   And the only wrong things in this realm are what feel are wrong for us, as we are here to just face fears of what we feel as negative and get over them
FoxFires
Posted 4/28/2012 8:16 AM (#23258 - in reply to #23257)

Alumni

After reading the link I provided they mention that Lucifer is the name of the Devil. Well the bible does not support this point. Many Assume this, but I feel it not to be the case, to just lump what we desire to despise into a grand evil of all. But tht is the problem here if we hate or fear something we give it power to teach us a lesson of what to get over, our worst fears
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software