University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spiritual Music
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

FoxFires
Posted 2/29/2012 9:59 AM (#23129 - in reply to #23124)
Subject: Re: Spiritual Music

Alumni

Tangeneting is cool and so is using a parabolic formula to substitute for a catenary repersentation lol

It is noting that offends, it is the fixed truths that are asked to rethought...  As any knowledge is line upon line and precept upon precept on the ladder..  So no points are fixed per se, and reevaluation of truth can sometimes be how we intergrate better formulas for cooler tangent moves as we fuzzy walk the dark night of the living LOL

Love and Light

Top of the page Bottom of the page
mruppert
Posted 3/11/2012 8:30 PM (#23152 - in reply to #22825)

Expert

Hiyaz guyz......well, I re-thunk it as suggested and I have concluded that ALL art is spiritual. We may or may not like the message conveyed, or even understand the message intended, but it does not diminish it's spirituality. Oh, BTW, someone hinted that spirituality is positive....but that "ain't necessarily so" - - - - see Danju's excellent thread with my response to the love of my life, Aqua-ree-us.

To prove my point let us look at art in the broadest sense.....let's start with animal art.....let's see....there is......a........well.......a...........NONE!!!!! Animals do not create art.....birds sing, but not songs, though we like to think so. Orangs, Bonobos and Chimps will put paint on a canvas but they do so in a mimic of action that they have observed. Homo Habilii, Homo Erectus created NO art. It is only us,

Homo Sapiensa, (the aware man) conceives and creates art. Now, onward Metaphysics!

The first artist(s) that we know of, the one(s) who conceived the images we see in the Chauvet Caves in France, did a very telling thing.....something which solidifies my assertion. We cannot know the gender, most believe that they were males. I, in opposition, tend to think that they were females. I am a radical historian. Anyway, we see the animals, and the hunt, and stick figures, and flora, and fauna, and all kinds of things. We see the drawing of hands. The artist's representation of hands. AND, we see one truly remarkable thing!!!!!! We see the outline (NOT a representation, NOT a handprint) BUT an outline of the artist' hand.

And we read from this as it might say....."these are the things that I see outside this cave as I live my life, they may be true, they may be wishes, BUT THIS HAND leaves them for you to see....that I, like you, have imagination, hopes, and dreams of the future. This is who I am, and I am just like you!

The outlined hand is the signature of the artist who was moved to tell us.....you and me.....her/his story. I am not saying that these people were in any way "noble" or even "spiritual" by today's shallow understanding. They left their old for dead when they could no longer contribute to survival. They killed their young when they proved a burden to survival. They killed female babies in proportion to the need to have fertile breeding females. Males dominated female members of the clan........HEY..............................wait a minute........................................................am I talking about them or about us?????????

Even though we do the same things they did, we can't still be cavepersons because we are all far to spiritually groovy...............the thing of it is that, in reality, we are still living in caves....still afraid of the light!

Now, to side track everyone, and cause folks to dismount the high horseys they might be putting boot to stirrup.....here is a clip of the future........I watch it 'cos I think Yvette Mimieux is hot....I think she is an old lady that sells real estate in Caly...but I still think she is hot! AND, I watch it because you have to look in the background of the scene and see what things have been preserved into the future......strange......do I see Egyptian stuff.....do I see Tesla's sphere....and what do you guys make of the talking rings?????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byQTsc

PPH, PPC, PPinaP9DO, (don't try to figure it out, it takes a Brit to know) PsychoolMarty, Luckycoolee, Poppycoolhead.......Groovy and Farm Out, Wavy Gravy

Edited because I can't spell but care enough that my words are spelled correctly.....since they are my words....no channel surfing for PiscoMartee...........oops, I misspelled my name, it is SligoMartie or some such thing.......

Edited for spacing,,,,,,,,,,,,,and spacetime!

I apologize....I have ancient equipment and am not good at linking....the link does not work and I cannot make it do so....my bad! But, I would still rather live in my world than in the one where "that's so 23 seconds ago" is the rule. I happen to like time....and everyone else seems not to.

Edited by mruppert 3/18/2012 9:28 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/19/2012 6:41 PM (#23163 - in reply to #22825)
Subject: RE: Spiritual Music

PhD Alumni

Hi Marty

yeah you're right about the links, sometimes those Youtubes are clickonable, but most cases are not, so then I give up and don't go further - is it to do with the bulls?

sorry, bit Light headed

Night

Paul
mruppert
Posted 3/30/2012 11:59 PM (#23193 - in reply to #22825)

Expert

<p>Hi to all: I invite you over to Stochastic Music thread, not only because what you will see fulfills my mandate of being extra-ordinary; but that it also proves that Britains Got Talent----besides SarBo----that is Sarah Boyle for those who are in a time warp. Tic and Toc, Psychomarty and Luckylee, Poppyhead</p><p>Where in the universe have I been? SUSAN Boyle.......Lord knows where Sarah came in.....not from any ghosts that currently haunt me!</p>

Edited by mruppert 4/6/2012 9:30 PM
Supernatural3
Posted 4/2/2012 6:34 AM (#23199 - in reply to #22825)

PhD Alumni

Funny I was just watching a documentary on Britain's music. There seems to be a huge battle for the top of the charts between two bands... Blur and Oasis. Funny thing is, Oasis made it to the USA and Blur only had one single make it big here, but big enough that I actually had their song title on my license plate. I didn't realize the band Blur had so many songs. I did know about many of Oasis's songs. I have them in Karaoke. LOL

Anyway, I just thought I would add this tidbit, because yes, Britain does have talent. Thanks Marty~

dacrinkly
Posted 4/3/2012 10:26 PM (#23205 - in reply to #22825)

Student

So Im a newbie here and this being my first post i will jump right in with my two cents and say that for spiritual music I'm totally into the didgeridoo right now. Although I am not adverse to a little Tool if the mood strikes lol.
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/4/2012 5:21 AM (#23206 - in reply to #23205)

PhD Alumni

Hello and welcome dac - my understanding is also that the didgeridoo is one of THE spiritual instruments, strikes me, as a non-didgeridoo player [but a sometime flautist] that it seems to combine sound and rhythms fundamental to sacred vibration ... bravo if you are managing to play it!!

Nice to see you here and enjoy the beat
Supernatural3
Posted 4/4/2012 9:13 AM (#23207 - in reply to #22825)

PhD Alumni

Hello and Welcome
I have never heard of didgeridoo, but I have heard of Tool. I am going to have to check it out.
Blessings~
mruppert
Posted 4/6/2012 10:14 PM (#23210 - in reply to #22825)

Expert

Yeah ya have Doc J.....if you got an Outback Steakhouse anywhere around? The commercials have the didge in them as the Outbacks got the Ozzie (Aussie) theme goin on...even though the food they serve is Cajun, Tex-Mex and basic American.....exactly the same as they eat in Perth, Canberra and Sidney. But hey, no bad on the Ozzies......true story time.....
I was working in Washington, DC (the place that the rest of America fears because of the big bad Federal Government.....but, believe me, it ain't nowheres near what anyone who hasn't been there thinks it is...) and we used to go to a place called the Pierce Street Annex. This was a chain bar that started in Frisco and had quite a few locations throughout the USA. In each of the places, there would be a sign at certain points of the bar that identified other locations.....so at ours we would see a section for say.....Pierce Street Annex Anchorage......Pierce Street Annex Chicago...etc.
The owner of PSA-Washington thought it might be amusing to put up signs for international locals and hence we had a sign for Pierce Street Annex Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra. The bar was very crowded one Friday evening and we would always go to the Ozzie section since that was relatively crowd free......but lo and behold there were two couples there! AND, they were from Australia! Well, I introduced myself and we proceeded to party from that Friday evening until Sunday afternoon.
I have never met such a fun loving, gay (old sense of the word), carefree, loving, generous people in my entire existence on this planet. If they want to learn, compose and play songs on and for the didgeridoo, then may blessings rain down upon them.

Peace and Alice,
PsychoMarty, dingoLuckylee, and wombatPoppyhead.....I call them Ozziecats!
mruppert
Posted 4/6/2012 10:21 PM (#23211 - in reply to #23205)

Expert

Sorry, Dani.....I had a lapse in manners......I was busy replying and forgot to warmly welcome you! So, hereyago....WELCOME!

Peas and Paws,

PsychoMarty, Luckylee, Poppyhead

Paul Joseph
Posted 4/15/2012 10:24 AM (#23220 - in reply to #23211)

PhD Alumni

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5mJ_aBlBqA&list=HL1334503240&featur...

Took a few deep breaths and had a go at uploading my own YouTube attempt ... not promoting or publicising any web-site, so hope the Moderators will forgive me ...

Need a lie down now
leo
Posted 4/15/2012 2:06 PM (#23221 - in reply to #23205)

Ph.D. Alumni

dacrinkly,

Welcome to the UMS board. I agree that the didgeridoo has a very spiritual sound. There are a couple of didgeridoo meditation's on the web, so some would find it spiritually moving.

Love and Light
Leo
mruppert
Posted 4/15/2012 6:51 PM (#23222 - in reply to #23221)

Expert

Well now, Paco, so glad you did that!!!! Rock the Casbah!
I tried to find some of the guys that play at Dupont Circle, in Washington, DC but I am having search quandries.
The one thing I notice is breath control. The dudes from the countries with high mountains (shall we say Andes) can hold notes forever and a day and not take a breath. Great lungs and big heart, even on a heavy fat/salt/carb diet.
When I hear the magnificient music that they play, I wonder why and how most Americans consider them a blight that need to "go back where they came from." Particularly since they work jobs that mostly all "Americans" won't do for the money that is being offered....mostly below our established minimum wage.
Anyway, that was lovely and spiritual and I say YES, though Simon would not particularly see it my way......though maybe he might......nah, I doubt it......Piers, on the otherhand........

Your Blood Bud,
PsychoMartin, Luckylee and Poppyhead

P.S. A Hero of the many revolutions in Ecuador or Peru (can't recall which at the moment) is Bernardo O'Higgins. He is from that part of South America that existed in Ireland. Funny how those South Americans get around!! I understand that he played a mean pan flute and one hellofva goatskin bagpipe....except I think it was an alpaca or maybe a llama or maybe even the Dalai Lama reincarnated as a musical instrument. Dunno about this one.
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/16/2012 3:13 AM (#23226 - in reply to #23222)

PhD Alumni

Thanks Marty - a bit trepidatious but I thought, jump in ... points well taken ... might post a few more and hold the notes. The deep pipes are hard to get any note out of. So glad it resonated somewhere or another. Been more than a bit low these days so wanted to try any avenue to lift my gloom ... Be well Friend
Supernatural3
Posted 4/19/2012 6:52 AM (#23240 - in reply to #22825)

PhD Alumni

Paul,
I loved the music that you gave us all. It even had an upbeat rhythm to it.
Thank you so much for sharing such a personal part of your life.
xoxo
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/19/2012 11:08 AM (#23241 - in reply to #23240)

PhD Alumni

Thanks dearest Jillifer ... your comments mean a lot to me ... risktaker, moi?

Edited by Paul Joseph 4/19/2012 11:08 AM
leo
Posted 4/19/2012 1:26 PM (#23242 - in reply to #23220)

Ph.D. Alumni

Paul,

Just watched your "YouTube" videos. Very inspiring and very well done. I really enjoyed your playing and the sounds.

Thanks for sharing

Namaste
Leo
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/19/2012 3:13 PM (#23243 - in reply to #23242)

PhD Alumni

Thanks Leo. In the words of Jethro Tull, aka the group under Ian Anderson's aegis, "Nothing is Easy"

Hope Hawaii is as wonderful as it sounds!

Best
Pablo, Paolo, Paco, aka Paul
leo
Posted 4/19/2012 4:30 PM (#23244 - in reply to #23243)

Ph.D. Alumni

Paul,

Hawaii is beautiful. Now I've been here for a couple of months and rock fever is setting in. I've found that I don't do islands well, not even the Big Island. Leaving next week for the mainland. Staying in the L.A. area for awhile and then back home to Florida. I'll be back almost exactly to the day of one year since I left.

In the words of the Eagles

Take It easy, take it easy
Don't let the sound of your own wheels
drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can
don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
and take it easy!

Best to you
Leo
mruppert
Posted 4/27/2012 10:00 PM (#23251 - in reply to #22825)

Expert

Hey Paul.....lemme tell you about the aura, as you might feel this too!
These South American guys stand out in the open and play. Dupont Circle, in Washington, DC, is a traffic island, that is very very large, but the same as your circles in Londontown. There is constant automobile and omnibus traffic around the circle.
Yet, when these guys start to play and the crowd gathers, we are all transported to another world. We no longer hear the sound of traffic, horns, sirens...........we soar like birds to celestial heights over majestic mountains. It is an incredible experience that I wish I could share via some means...but that has proved to be hard to represent or replicate.
Here is my historical connectivity......the best pipe players seem to come from the high mountain countries of South America; yet we have several other masters of panflutes, such as Zamfir.......who is Romanian and comes from.......??????????.........no, not flat land, but the Carpathians, in Transylvania. Go figure why the sound is soooo haunting and why (as some group said) the song is ALWAYS the same!!

"""""It is the wood that contains the song, you sing it for the wood"""""""""""

Peace My Brother,
PsychoMarty, Lucky, Poppy
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/30/2012 5:54 PM (#23261 - in reply to #23251)

PhD Alumni

Yes, Marty, with you, thanks ...

Also of resonance [pardon the pun!] - I think it was Rumi, speaking of the Ney (the Persian flute, also end-blown, cut from a single reed from the river bank), said that its' mournful, sad sound, was the song of missing the riverside home from whence it was cut and taken, never to return

Paul Joseph
Posted 11/7/2017 4:49 AM (#28505 - in reply to #22825)

PhD Alumni

This YouTube is worth a watch, as much for the comments as anything ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpxN2VXPMLc

Our Nefertiti might enjoy ... although she may be relishing the Void found in the Great Pyramid recently ...
Supernatural3
Posted 11/11/2017 6:32 PM (#28509 - in reply to #22825)

PhD Alumni

Pretty interesting..... Im sure she will see it and appreciate the beauty just as we do. TY
Paul Joseph
Posted 11/28/2017 9:36 AM (#28526 - in reply to #22825)

PhD Alumni

Neo-Shamanism anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC5SXzRLbVs

Not sure if this counts as Stochastic, but very moving I find

I never realized the Jaw Harp could have so many mystical elements

Happy Advent All

Paul
mruppert
Posted 11/28/2017 12:57 PM (#28527 - in reply to #28526)

Expert

Wowzers, that was hot! Her other stuff is quite interesting, too. I am wondering if she is Finnish, Norwegish, or Russish? Definitely some timeful vibes.

Counting Down to Christmas,
Marty
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software