University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spiritual Music
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Disa
Posted 12/31/2011 7:17 PM (#22825)
Subject: Spiritual Music

Alumni

I ran across this music which I find very uplifting and thought I would share the link in case others might enjoy it. I bought this cd myself, and bought several more to give as gifts and it has been received well by massage therapists and other metaphysical people I know. There are 3 short snippets I hope you will enjoy

http://notechaser.weebly.com/arcana-offerings-cd.html

Edited by Disa 1/1/2012 7:29 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Aquarius
Posted 1/4/2012 5:53 AM (#22839 - in reply to #22825)
Subject: Re: Spiritual Music

UMS Guest

I would like to share these with you:

'The Shining Star'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmAMyfkjP8E&feature=related

'I Choose Love'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wPhiS_7hyM&feature=player_embedded#...

With love - Aquarius
Paul Joseph
Posted 1/4/2012 3:30 PM (#22852 - in reply to #22839)

PhD Alumni

Isn't all music spiritual?

[Marty might like this reminder from the English comic duo, Morecombe and Wise, when Eric, playing gibberish on the piano to Andre Previn ('Andre Preview' as Eric called him), said, in response to the then world's greatest conductor saying to him

"You are playing all the wrong notes"

Eric replied

"No, sunshine, I am playing all the right notes, though not necessarily in the right order"]

Andre 'preview' enjoyed himself immensely.

Sufi Hazrat Inayat Khan, to whom I have directed attention here before, 'On Music', I thought his book long out of print, then I saw it the other day in a bookshop in San Francisco. How small is the world, and how all it is/we are, predicated on Vibration

Namaste

Lovely to see you here again, dear Aquarius friend

Edited by Paul Joseph 1/4/2012 3:31 PM
dk081867
Posted 2/15/2012 11:31 PM (#23094 - in reply to #22825)

TOOl anyone ?
leo
Posted 2/16/2012 11:13 AM (#23095 - in reply to #22852)

Ph.D. Alumni

Paul,

Were you in San Francisco? If so, wish I had known. I only live about an hour north of the city. Will be leaving in a week for three months on the Big Island, Hawai'i. Still hoping to get to London.

Leo
FoxFires
Posted 2/17/2012 7:33 AM (#23096 - in reply to #22825)

Alumni

If you're going to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you're going to San Francisco
You're gonna meet some gentle people there
For those who come to San Francisco
Summertime will be a love-in there
In the streets of San Francisco
Gentle people with flowers in their hair
All across the nation such a strange vibration
People in motion There's a whole generation with a new explanation
People in motion people in motion
For those who come to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you come to San Francisco
If you come to San Francisco
Paul Joseph
Posted 2/17/2012 3:37 PM (#23097 - in reply to #23095)

PhD Alumni

" ...'Twas in another lifetime
.... one of toil and blood..."

[sorry, was using 'the other day' very loosely! - yes would have been good to have met up]

Sara McClachlin always sings so very spiritually sweetly, I feel, the voice of the angels - and anyone remember Due South?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9gnal2wbQ0

leo
Posted 2/17/2012 4:56 PM (#23098 - in reply to #23097)

Ph.D. Alumni

I suspected that it was "Loosely" speaking. However, I do plan on getting to London in this life experience. Perhaps even this year at one point or another.
mruppert
Posted 2/20/2012 7:46 PM (#23100 - in reply to #23096)

Expert

Hey there Fox and other denizens of the Board:

Scott McKenzie sang it, but John Phillips wrote it. There is most likely a connection between this song and another,  Mamas and Papas song, called "California Dreamin'"

The skinny is that John wrote this song as an "advertisement" for the Monterey Pop Festival 1967. Scott performed it in this venue as one of the daytime acts. The festival remains one of the most noted 

musical  events in the pantheon of music.

Two things can be noted as highly spiritual:

1).Jimi Hendrix performed an old Troggs song by the name of Wild Thing.....except he didn't have an ocharina solo....instead, he burned his guitar in homage to the 

muse of music; and 

2) A young girl from Texas sang one of the greatest love songs ever.....that honestly portrayed the pain that is part and parcel of love....the song is "Ball and Chain"; the group is Big Brother and the Holding Company; 

and the singer is Janis Joplin.

The videos are available on Utube and I would encourage all to watch Janis' performance. The cameraman (wisely? by chance?) focused on her feet during a certain part of the song. Those of you who study kinetics can read certain things from this. Those of you who truly understand metaphysical rhythms can embrace a whole lot more. I mean to say, I cried when she sang.

With regard to the question/assertion by Sir Paul............I, also,  will defend the concept that ALL music is spiritual......from the Greek plays (which were sung folks, not recited like our plays) to the latest, greatest grand MC heavy D rapper....ALL music is spiritual!  This includes music that some might find distasteful, such as some things I post in Stochastic Music. No one has ever replied  that the  songs are not spiritual. Those who have been off put have been off put precisely because the songs touched the concept of spirituality, albeit  in an unexpected way.

Peace, Love and Lotsalight (available only on TeeVee via 1 800 222-2222-2222-2222, call NOW!)

Psi-co Marty and Luckylee and Poopyhead

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH................I am editing this post to maybe point out something.........another song was performed at the Monterey festival called Baja Bula Bunke, aka THE HEALING SONG, by Hugh Masekela. This was LARGELY IGNORED AND IS ALL BUT FORGOTTEN!!!!! So much for things which might be considered overtly metaphysical. One day, I will try to find the song, and I am certain that it will have some significance, somehow, someway. 

Edited by mruppert 2/20/2012 8:14 PM
FoxFires
Posted 2/21/2012 11:18 AM (#23104 - in reply to #22825)

Alumni

Marty,
You assert ............I, also, will defend the concept that ALL music is spiritual......
I personally feel most music is spiritual,
Again I feel ALL in most applications is an inappropriate catch phrase
An example of the Randy Newman Short People song does not seem very spiritual or a spiritually positive mantra
I am trying to be honest in an expression to a world of people who tend to gravitate toward absolutes
Love and Light
mruppert
Posted 2/22/2012 5:16 PM (#23105 - in reply to #23104)

Expert

Hello there Foxhunt......
I absolutely commend you on your crusade. I wish you all the luck in the world in this endeavor!
May you never be deterred or dissuaded, even for all the tea in China and all the gold in Fort Knox.

Ah now, good ol' Randy. He insulted our seagulls. They all don't have broken wings!

Light and Brite,
CycoMarty, Luck, Popp
FoxFires
Posted 2/23/2012 12:28 PM (#23106 - in reply to #23105)

Alumni

Hi Marty,

Thanks for taking time to reply!

I am just figuring things out too, I do not know about Randy and his Sea Gulls Sults or Sultry stuff though

Love and Light

cause
Posted 2/23/2012 11:17 PM (#23107 - in reply to #22825)

UMS Student

Art is what moves you! muse, genius, demon, or angel, it is as personal as you are. And, like a brand of cigarrettes or soup it is a personal taste. It isn't that everyone is opinionated. It's just that not everyone smokes! Pardon my metaphor, it is rude.

Namaste,

cause
FoxFires
Posted 2/24/2012 11:06 AM (#23109 - in reply to #23107)

Alumni

Cause,

Well stated!!!

Thanks

Paul Joseph
Posted 2/24/2012 6:16 PM (#23110 - in reply to #23109)

PhD Alumni

Not been well, so off-line awhile, just to explain, whatever 'well' is, of course ...

as for all is art and all music is spiritual, maybe even more, might it be that we are all music, since music is vibration and we are purely vibrational beings?

The art is to capture the Dance of the Self within oneself, perhaps ... working on it, dropping a few chords as I go
cause
Posted 2/24/2012 10:59 PM (#23113 - in reply to #22825)

UMS Student

<p>I have sometimes wondered at the prevelence of vibration. Why vibration and not solidity. The non-vibrational only exists as a concept to the best of my knowledge. It has been stated that "thoughts are things." Spirit is our constancy! I am forced to reassess all (comparitive) thoughts. </p><p> cause</p>

Edited by cause 2/24/2012 11:04 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 2/27/2012 4:40 PM (#23116 - in reply to #23113)

PhD Alumni

yeah, spooky connections there my friend Cause

thoughts are things

things are what we are

everything emanates from thought

vibration is everything

so how does the solid emerge?

where we we before the thought?

cause
Posted 2/27/2012 10:11 PM (#23118 - in reply to #23116)

UMS Student

My thought next day was "If I am so enlightened why did I just wake up with a cold?"

We have a concept of the solid. I know that Plato beat me to this illumination. The constant can be acheived through disipline, meditation, and the plane of mind, emerging through communication of these thoughts and others. How can you say that vibration is everything? We could say that in the first moment all things existed. This includes the possibility of us and spirit. What is more timeless than spirit. If the divine imagined the universe in a world of his mind. The world of spirit preceeds the vibratory excited world we have today. A sharp rebutal of this thought is from the Bible John 1.1 "In the begining was the word and with God and the word was God." Words become geometry. geometry becomes words. Spirit is comparable to many things!

I have decided that I had a cold because I coud not snach the lack of a cold from somebody's hand.

cause

FoxFires
Posted 2/28/2012 8:28 AM (#23119 - in reply to #22825)

Alumni

Hello Cause and Paul!!!
If we feel someting is our enemy, we need to fight it long enough to see it not our enemy, as we have free will, we can not be forced to accept any reality other than we desire. So we have the Gift of being able to learn a lesson from a cold,,, How long would we need if the only lesson we learn is when we die, so sickness is not our enemy, it is a vehicle often for us to learn to count our blessings, kike the wonderful soup, and those who care for us when we are down and low. How else wouldd the strongest person be able to feel human and teachable...
So my take is sickness is a learning opportunity for ME!
Music and harmonics, do seem to be the key to this dimension. But as long as we are caught in the trap of telling others where they are emperically wrong, we are just prison trustees and the angels and demi urges hold the keys...
Psalm 82:6
I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'

John 10:16
I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen...

Job 12:7-8
“But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you;
8 or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you.

Psalm 106:23
So he said he would destroy them--had not Moses, his chosen one, stood in the breach before him to keep his wrath from destroying them

John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends

Jude 1:9
But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

We are not supposed to be perfect, and we are very worried that we are not perfect, so we fight to hide our imperfections and desire to be right and feel we are perfect, and when we are tasked to address someting, we desire to fight to prove we are right to others. We are just supposed to find what or where we can help, and leave the rest alone, if we want to advance spiritually. But not everyone here is supposed to need what we have... The operative word is need, we are supposed to desire help, as if you need something it has just been elevated to God status in our view.

The harmonics are us flowing in a mode of personal highest capability... For me to operate at my highest I can not feel another is wrong in what they do

2 Samuel ;16And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart.
I sort of remember the female who despised David, her womb was shut and had no children for the negative emotin she drew down on David with, so yeah if we want to feel the harmonics flow in us, it sure seems like we need to let go of what others are doing wrong, from our perception.
Love and Light!!!

leo
Posted 2/28/2012 12:12 PM (#23120 - in reply to #22825)

Ph.D. Alumni

If you are possessed of Fear, do not waste time trying to "kill out" Fear, but instead cultivate the quality of Courage, and the Fear will disappear. Some writers have expressed this idea most forcibly by using the illustration of the dark room. You do not have to shovel out or sweep out the Darkness, but by merely opening the shutters and letting in the Light the Darkness has disappeared. To kill out a Negative quality, concentrate upon the Positive Pole of that same quality, and the vibrations will gradually change from Negative to Positive, until finally you will become polarized on the Positive pole instead of the Negative. The reverse is also true, as many have found out to their sorrow, when they have allowed themselves to vibrate too constantly on the Negative pole of things. By changing your polarity you may master your moods, change your mental states, remake your disposition, and build up character. Much of the Mental Mastery of the advanced Hermetics is due to this application of Polarity, which is one of the important aspects of Mental Transmutation. Remember the Hermetic Axiom (quoted previously), which says:

"Mind (as well as metals and elements) may be transmuted
from state to state; degree to degree, condition to
condition; pole to pole; vibration to vibration."--The Kybalion.

cause
Posted 2/28/2012 2:01 PM (#23121 - in reply to #22825)

UMS Student

My, my, I seem to lured everyone off subject!
Paul Joseph
Posted 2/28/2012 4:12 PM (#23122 - in reply to #23121)

PhD Alumni

Yeah, funny old world

I am still meditating on/with our mate Danjummai in Kaduna

or Dreaming, so far as i can, of a better place ...

'Night
cause
Posted 2/28/2012 5:39 PM (#23123 - in reply to #22825)

UMS Student

I have decided to go out and enjoy the natural world, with it's own music.

G'night
mruppert
Posted 2/28/2012 7:15 PM (#23124 - in reply to #22825)

Expert

Jeezzzzy.....I timidly say Whasup Dudes!
I, too, agree with Causual's statement concerning the PERCEPTION of Art. It is a majority view, hence no surprises there. I think it is also the correct view.
I was not speaking of the perception of art (music) when I made an absolute statement which offended other(s), which was ALL music is spiritual.

I was referring to the CONCEPTION of art.

I am more than able to defend that position but I see we have tangented ( I created a new verb with tense ) and traversed elsewhere!!!

Which means lively discussion is a beautiful thing.......ain't it?

Never Been Happier,
PsychosisMarty, Luckylee, Poppyhead
leo
Posted 2/28/2012 9:08 PM (#23128 - in reply to #22825)

Ph.D. Alumni

Hey Psycho,

What's wrong with tangenting? It can be wonderfully metaphysical. Especially if there's a message in it for a darkened soul/s.

Leo
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software