University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Last??????
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mruppert
Posted 12/29/2011 11:30 PM (#22809)
Subject: The Last??????

Expert

Hello all..........

Sometimes I have hated them! Lucky for me I have had few and far between occasions to cry for them. They live very long and put up with me. My girls are now down to two, They aint no spring chickens and Poppyhead has developed some bad breathing problems....she is around 27......only Mommy Luckylee is older and in perfect health.

The problem is ME...........I cannot envision a home without a bunch of cats........yet I know that if I meet a kitten and fall in love, that kitten will now outlive me. 

The question becomes are there any more cats in my life? How can I love a kitten the way I loved Inky (she was 30 when she went beyond). All the vibrant life I had....there was Inky!

Peace and Purrs,

PsychoMarty, Luckylee Ruppert, Poppyhead Ruppert

Top of the page Bottom of the page
FoxFires
Posted 12/30/2011 1:37 PM (#22810 - in reply to #22809)
Subject: RE: The Last??????

Alumni

Dear Marty,

Have you considered getting a senior citizen cat who is already elderly, it is fun also to connect to an older cat, and not just a kitten!

I hope this is helpful!!!

Disa
Posted 12/31/2011 7:17 AM (#22816 - in reply to #22809)

Alumni

Awe, Marty. As we say down here in the South, "Bless your heart". You have been such a good friend to those lovely cats. I think Foxfires suggestion is a good one. Are you open to having a cat that isn't a kitten? The cat shelters are full of grown up kitties in all stages of life who need someone to love them.
FoxFires
Posted 1/4/2012 11:04 AM (#22847 - in reply to #22809)
Subject: Re: The Last??????

Alumni

Dear Marty,
Hey I wanted to express that there are ways to bond with older cats that work very well, if you sort of let them into your field slowly, or slowly get into their field.
Like when you enter a room and an older cat starts to run to avoid you, if you just stop every time they go to run, they stop running when you get into the room.
Or if the set their claws into you, if you can try to send them the mental picture of the pain they cause you. but do not speak or use normal reprimands people might use on a pet
Like when you want to pottie train a cat, you project where they should do their business, as they get this sooner or later
I have been successful in communicating with wounded and skittish cats and been able to get them to go belly up to get love when I get near them... But the start point was the cat ran every time any person got near the cat. So it starts with slow touch and slow approach.
Once you connect on a deep level with an older cat you can send them mental messages to not brings reptiles into the house for instance and it works. But the trick is not push personal emotion through the pipeline, at least not disapproval in the beginning of the cat connection...
It is hard to describe, but someone can send a message to a specific cat at certain times and have the cat do a mental or heartfelt command... Not exactly training them, as this implies control, more like suggestion. As this can not work each time the command is sent, as some commands are rejected as the cat also has free will... And sensing this before sending the message is important to proper communication and expectation.
One of the cats who I recently worked on would not allow people near it, and suffered a trauma when still a kitten, over time I got to where I did not disturb this cat when I approached it and worked up to running my hands near the cat and just barely touched it in passing... Then I did reiki energy work on the cat, well you got to get it to hold still first, as sort of a free will agreement and if it runs this is leave me alone statement... but I ran my hands over this cat while it lay-ed there sleeping and I had just touched it once and it did not run... But as I ran my hands over it I could see the cat's body twitch and almost jump just below where I held my hand's It was astonishing to see, the feed back of this cats body feeling the energy I emitted below my hands... But now this cat is so different around people, it is almost an attention hog LOL.
So I just wanted to offer some hope for you, or more options for your situation
Love and Light
lee8558
Posted 1/5/2012 2:28 AM (#22865 - in reply to #22809)

New user

So I just wanted to offer some hope for you, or more options for your situation
Supernatural3
Posted 1/8/2012 12:08 PM (#22907 - in reply to #22809)

PhD Alumni

If your Kitties are what makes your life happier, don't live with-out them. Just make sure that you have someone loving who will look after them should you become sick.
I heard that people live longer due to having such wonderful creatures part of their life and family.

I too have dogs... i wish they lived longer, but the longevity is usually only about 13 or 14 tops. You are blessed to have cats older than my children. My first born was 24 just yesterday.

Marty... love life, and have what you love, or you won't be happy.
Be well~ Lots of hugs~
mruppert
Posted 1/8/2012 7:26 PM (#22922 - in reply to #22907)

Expert

Hey DocJay.......

Yudonknow how much I was worried.....but here you are so you must be okay!

Foxmeister, Docky, et al........January 5th was the anniversary of GirlySue......my most intelligent cat.....whom Isis found as a kitten on Lawyers Hill Road and when she was brought home, lived on top of the washing machine for a few weeks...then she came off and was embraced by Lucky, Charmy, Poppy and Strike. (SissyGirl was yet to come).

I am surprised that no one has perceived what makes me the most uncomfortable! But first.....allow me my screed.....

People trot animals off to the vet and then go back home and say "we had to put good old Wellington down" and all nod their heads as if they understand. In essence, what really happened is you murdered your pet. You killed him/her.  And, it was done in the same manner as marching a prisoner from the cell that was home to the place of execution....most likely with the same solemnity.

But, when Girly and Sissy were at the point of transition, they were where they always have been........in their house. Inky went to a vet only because she was incredibly 30, Pendleton died  in my easy chair........a little runt cat with a ring tail and egyptian eyes.....she was a surprise, ony 16.

My point is that I have been witness to the deaths of a few cats. I have always found that, as pitiful as it might seem, they die with dignity if they are where they are loved. And, I have loved every cat I have had. Soooo, they take the last gasp with me and NOW.....a kitten will see my last gasp.......jesus, I hope that kitten lives thirty years.....I will only worry until 2022....at which time I will be a fossil of a bygone age.

So sez Seth,

Peace.

PsychoMarty, lucky, poppyhead

Supernatural3
Posted 1/9/2012 11:23 AM (#22931 - in reply to #22809)

PhD Alumni

Yes, I was away for for some time, healing from surgery, yet again. Maarty, you love your family.... your kitties. Very strong connection. Which makes you a wonderful person in my book. You know love... Love is the sole reason we are here. I know what it is like to have a very strong connection with animals. However, I must disagree with a little of what you say, only because i couldn't watch suffering. Some actually put pets to sleep for reasons that are very hard and strongly felt it was for the better. I felt I had to put my pet to sleep, crying with him, sticking by his side till he slept. You see... he was suffering terribly bad. It hurt me more to watch him suffer, than to let him go in peace. If I were that miserable and in constant pain, deaf, blind and crippled too much to use the bathroom (he would drag his legs and lay sideways to urinate) he couldn't see anymore, or hear us. I would personally want my plug pulled, over that mush suffering. Besides... there is no death... I will see my beloved Schmo-dawg again. As I sit and ball now, because i miss him so much. I understand the connection and guess what, he is still with us in spirit. I have seen him and nearly tripped over his ghostly presence. That was freaky, but... he is still with us, so it's beautiful, as I know for my own fact, He knows he was loved, still is, will always be part of my eternal life. I know you feel strongly connected as do I. How beautiful. Thank you for being so honest and such a good soul. Also thank you for worrying about me... that made me feel missed. I didn't mean to worry you though.... just needed a break. The wounded sometimes cannot offer much, I was already drained. Much love and hugs~ Always~
FoxFires
Posted 1/9/2012 3:12 PM (#22940 - in reply to #22922)

Alumni

Dear Marty,

I am glad your new kitten has found happiness with you!!!  They are so much fun.

The energy is so neat to feel when they come into a room.  All life is precious, and we feel this in our heart, as the things we love become part of our being

Love and Light

Aquarius
Posted 1/24/2012 6:11 AM (#23037 - in reply to #22931)

UMS Guest

Supernatural3 - 1/9/2012 4:23 PM Yes, I was away for for some time, healing from surgery, yet again. Maarty, you love your family.... your kitties. Very strong connection. Which makes you a wonderful person in my book. You know love... Love is the sole reason we are here. I know what it is like to have a very strong connection with animals. However, I must disagree with a little of what you say, only because i couldn't watch suffering. Some actually put pets to sleep for reasons that are very hard and strongly felt it was for the better. I felt I had to put my pet to sleep, crying with him, sticking by his side till he slept. You see... he was suffering terribly bad. It hurt me more to watch him suffer, than to let him go in peace. If I were that miserable and in constant pain, deaf, blind and crippled too much to use the bathroom (he would drag his legs and lay sideways to urinate) he couldn't see anymore, or hear us. I would personally want my plug pulled, over that mush suffering. Besides... there is no death... I will see my beloved Schmo-dawg again. As I sit and ball now, because i miss him so much. I understand the connection and guess what, he is still with us in spirit. I have seen him and nearly tripped over his ghostly presence. That was freaky, but... he is still with us, so it's beautiful, as I know for my own fact, He knows he was loved, still is, will always be part of my eternal life. I know you feel strongly connected as do I. How beautiful. Thank you for being so honest and such a good soul. Also thank you for worrying about me... that made me feel missed. I didn't mean to worry you though.... just needed a break. The wounded sometimes cannot offer much, I was already drained. Much love and hugs~ Always~

An Animal’s Plea
If it comes to pass that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep.
Then you must do what has to be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand,
But don’t let grief stay your hand;
For on this day, more than all the rest,
Your love and friendship will stand the test.

We’ve had so many happy years;
What is to come can hold no fears.
Would you want me to suffer? No!
So, when my time has come, please let me go.
Take me where to my needs they’ll tend;
If you can, stay with me to the end;
Hold me firm and speak to me
Until my earthly eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
It is a kindness you have done for me,
That although my tail its last had waved,
From too much pain and suffering
I was saved –
By you!

Do not grieve that it had to be you
Who had this act of kindness for me to do.
We’ve been so close for all these years,
So don’t let your heart hold any tears,
For in that place I shall forever be yours.

Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Mourning For Beloved Animal Friends’

Supernatural3
Posted 1/24/2012 8:02 PM (#23039 - in reply to #22809)

PhD Alumni

Dang it... while beautiful... that poem just made me cry again. Yes, I was with him till the end. That is all we can ask... Thank you so much. Love ya~
cause
Posted 1/25/2012 4:25 PM (#23044 - in reply to #22809)

UMS Student

I don't think I could have put up with the sight of my little grey cat lifeless without tears. He is his now. May he go where he will.
leo
Posted 1/25/2012 7:04 PM (#23045 - in reply to #23037)

Ph.D. Alumni

Aquarius,

Thank you so much for that beautiful poem. Made me recall how difficult it was to have our Benjamin put down. It was indeed the best thing for him as his quality of life was so limited. We were with him to the end and we know he crossed the Rainbow Bridge. He now chases squirrels and plays with all his friends. Brings tears to my eye's as I miss him.

Many blessings
Leo
Ph.D. Alumni, Spiritual Counselor, Reiki Master

Edited by leo 1/25/2012 7:07 PM
Supernatural3
Posted 1/27/2012 4:18 PM (#23048 - in reply to #22809)

PhD Alumni

Yes is a very beautiful poem.... Thank you~~
mruppert
Posted 1/29/2012 7:47 PM (#23054 - in reply to #22809)

Expert

Hiyaz Doc J, Aqua, et al:
There was a time when the men were afraid, and all the men were. The inclination was to shoot at anything and everything that moved. Fear resulted in unnecessary death. Animals just standing around got killed in spreads of fire. Some men took to sport.....with high caliber weaponry one could butcher animals precisely or blow them apart with rapid bursts.
I have come to a moral dilemma. I can no longer kill any living thing....and I cannot cope with the perfectly rational and reasonable reasons why I should. The unwanted bugs that manage their way into my apartment somehow get put outside.
Sissy sat in pee until I could clean her up, she couldn't climb into the litter box but managed to get to the edge of it. Very sad times....many tears mixed with urine.
On the other hand, if I should become ill to the extent that my quality of life has vanished and my basic dignity as a member of society is non existent, then I want the strength to end the one life of which I have complete control over...and that is my own! And, if I am unable to do so by my own hand, then I want someone to do it for me, and that person should not be vilified for an act of mercy. JUST THE SAME as we do for our pets.....RIGHT?
As you can see (read) I wrestle with many issues....as do many others.
I have read the word evil applied to one doctor and now another These doctors treat patients expressly as the patient wishes....they are terminal patients and are either in pain or face pain....or even a worse crime in today's society...require such intensive care that they would financially ruin those that love and care for them. What is the recourse for these people????? What should they do??????????

Peace and Faith (in all iterations),
PsychoMarty, Lucky and Poppyhead
Supernatural3
Posted 1/29/2012 11:06 PM (#23055 - in reply to #22809)

PhD Alumni

Ohhhh Marty, i know how you feel. Such a terrible feeling to have to make such a choice. I had to watch my grandmother die, as they removed her breathing air tube that was very uncomfortable to her. A day I will never forget, along with a day i will never forget my beloved schmo dawg. I love you for your strength, that i don't have.
Peace be with you!
Love always,
Danjummai
Posted 2/4/2012 9:32 AM (#23057 - in reply to #22809)

PhD Alumni

Sir Marty, you are exceptionally brave.

Remain Blessed and at Peace with your Pets!
mruppert
Posted 2/4/2012 6:34 PM (#23061 - in reply to #22809)

Expert

Hiyaz Doc and DannyJay:

Thank you both for kind words!

I don't know how much "politics" in the capitol touch you DanMan, but I hope you are safe and well during these uncertain times. I am uneasy with the news coming from your home.

Doc, as always......you are the greatest! Susssssssspiria!!!!!!!!

Peace and 8 Paws,

PsychoMarty, Lucky (4) and Poppy (4).....to think that at one time I had 36 little feet on the floor. I was looking at a Polaroid of three original cats (all I can see is their backsides), Biscuits, Grumpy and Inky. Biscuits and Grumpy had a normal cat life....but Inky stayed with me for as long as she could. Foxy, who is really the spy, a Pomeranian, was as loyal as could be. But she went away, too.

To give an ultimate perspective, I was 16 when Inky was a kitten.....I was 46 when she could no longer live. She was my brave little black cat!

avalon1002
Posted 2/7/2012 8:23 PM (#23081 - in reply to #22809)

Dear Marty,
My heart goes out to you so! I do understand how you feel, your Love for your fur kitties! Enjoy them to the max while they're with you. I agree with Foxfire, Disa and others about considering an older cat. I sometimes don't understand how people can give up an animal they've had for so long, but it happens and those babies sure do still need a good, Loving home. But I do get it about kittens, they are just the sweetest!! :-D

We have six babies and I dread the day when any of them leave us. My significant other and I were separated at the time when 3 of our original six passed away and I couldn't be there. The last one died the day before I arrived and I just cried my eyes out over her, precious Ragdoll Dori. I got two of my own during our separation - Shane (medium hair all black) with the softest fur ever, and Ringo, big Maine Coone tux, handsome boy! I Love them soooo much and happily they're still on the young side so we've got a lot of years yet together. Our two remaining girls (sisters) are older, though, 14 years old, but still as playful as kittens! Meri is Siamese-looking, Maggie Mae is all black, and they're both so little, so delicate and dainty for the most part, until they get in the catnip that is! Monk is a stocky gray tabby boy, his brother Remi died some years ago; and Mickey, an orange tabby, was a stray my s.o. was obliged to take in when he followed him home. The other boy who passed was Dori's brother, Jesse. My s.o. did everything he could do for each of them and they each passed at home though he would have taken them to the vet if he felt it was a better choice than letting them suffer longer.

Be well, Marty, and my best wishes are with you and your babies!
FoxFires
Posted 2/8/2012 7:25 AM (#23084 - in reply to #23081)

Alumni

Avalon

Maine Coone' are the coolest legal cat to have, there is just something different about them 

avalon1002
Posted 2/8/2012 7:03 PM (#23087 - in reply to #22809)

Yes, I agree, Foxfires. Ringo is an amazing boy. The points on his ears aren't quite as pronounced as some, but they're there for sure.  I found him at a shelter after he'd been found roaming around Lake County, CA and brought to Sebastapol. They didn't know for sure how old he was, 2 or 3. Someone had abandoned him and he was quite thin from being on his own. As Shane was still a 6 month old kitten and on kitten food, Ringo filled out quick and actually got fat until I got them both on adult food. He's still about 20 pounds, though! Big, very handsome boy! And don't I know it when he gets up on me and starts kneading my belly! He's very loving, rubbing against my legs or curling up with me while I watch my shows or read, but he doesn't like to be held for more than a second or two. The affection is all on his terms, but he gives freely. He has a particular dignity for the most part, but he loses it when he plays or is startled - I've seen him jump with all four paws in the air! I Love him so much, and I spoil him rotten! Shane, too. I'll see if I can get some photos up at some point.

Edited by avalon1002 2/8/2012 7:05 PM
FoxFires
Posted 2/9/2012 6:03 AM (#23091 - in reply to #23087)

Alumni

Avalon,

Have you tried the reiki energy to connect to your cats, I can get them to respond but thought suggestion and speech to them.

I have got several feral cats who were skiddish and would run when they even saw you to start playing, and beg for attention

One of the cats sleeps with his heart over my hand and needs to spend like 30 min there each night before he is done visiting.  One of the cat has followed me to the beach 3 or 4 times, he was skidissh the first few times, but actually has calmed down more, it is where I have to run quick or there are several cats trying to follow me to the beach.  I just do not remember seeing cats at the beach or people saying cats like the beach

The thought suggestion is you just ask them to get off a piece of furniture and see your self from their eyes, and jumping down off of it, or feel like you are them and keep looking or send an idea to like look to the left... 

But the Maine Coon's are just a step down from a Lynx kitty,  Does your Maine Coon have long hair growing from between his toes,  The big fur paw look 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software