University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Creating ceremony ~ interfaith solstice integration
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

amoration
Posted 12/15/2011 3:58 PM (#22747)
Subject: Creating ceremony ~ interfaith solstice integration

New user

I am bringing together a number of luminaries for a day/night/day of workshops, music, ceremony, maker gallery, healthy food and family time on December 22nd north of Los Angeles. www.dancetofreedom.com has details and we'd love to see you there.

My questions revolve around integration of various faith practices so that people from many backgrounds feel represented in the circle. How have you accomplished this work of mass collaboration amongst diverse groups of people?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 12/17/2011 2:41 PM (#22748 - in reply to #22747)
Subject: RE: Creating ceremony ~ interfaith solstice integration

PhD Alumni

Hello and welcome Amoration; forgive me if I am missing something, but isn't UMS kind of exactly what you describe?

Even more, as a virtual entity, UMS operates outwith the boundaries of time and space... though ok, we are linked via the internet, but I hazard a BIG guess, that if all the systems were blown, we'd meet again, by the wonderful serendipitous marvellous exact coincidences through which the Divine Providence [blessed be S/He] makes Thine Divine Presence known ..

Webmaster
Posted 12/18/2011 5:23 PM (#22751 - in reply to #22747)

Forum Administrator

Greetings Amoration,

The way this has been done at UMS is to create courses on the many diverse paths and faith practices. The tricky word you have used is integration. The UMS approach is celebration of diversity, not integration. If you were to follow a similar approach, my suggestion would be to invite as many diverse groups and individuals as you are able to contact, and allow each the total freedom to create their own workshops, music, and ceremony, etc.

Now, not speaking as a UMS representative but just as Zy, I would say that integration is a very private matter. Whether parts of others' ceremonies and rituals ever find their way into my core beliefs is a matter between Spirit and my own soul. However, freedom is truly the great word here, and I love the way you named your domain. Also, religious tolerance is definitely not enough. I've seen people smashed flat in the name of "tolerance." If you can help people integrate a love for freedom, then, in my opinion, you are making a great spiritual contribution.

I wish you the best in your endeavor and hope you will keep us posted of your progress!

Love and Blessings,
Zy

FoxFires
Posted 12/19/2011 5:10 AM (#22752 - in reply to #22747)

Alumni

amoration

Fellowship and parties and gatherings are a great interfaith co-mingeling this to find allies / kindred spirits people who desire to interact, with a spiritual  endeavor as a primary function where there is no primary agenda that remains secret or has alterior motives that are just designed to build more change energy in people...  As much old school style spirituality does need to refresh it's energy source with people...

From my distant observations of not being located or having much transit through LA these days, I recomend if there is a person you know who has a meetup account in the local area to post there,,,  Meetup seems to be a great place to advertise for events in your local area, this event is as you state a festivle, jubulieee or attraction...  But the meetup also allows people access who are not spiritual and can be of a predatory nature...  I feel that I need to explain this as the last time I mentioned the Meetup website on the forum it was pointed out that there were people who do not always go to or do events for the labeled intent, in other words there are predators in the world who can take advantage of people, so females should be very selective and cautiond about going to meetups at a residential location or alone...

But I have went to meetup dot com and looked for events near where I reside to share in the acceptance energy of love with those who want to carry more white light inside of them, and these events do seem to help with issues we have that our higher selfves are carrying out information exchanges on some levels, so involvement with other spiritual beings is very helpful

I also believe the unitarian church is based on no single doctrine, but people who just want to worship god though open window format to the higher being, and reportedly remain positive about all religios seeker methods bearing acceptance of others as is

I hope this helps my friend

Love and Light

Edited by FoxFires 12/19/2011 5:14 AM
leo
Posted 12/19/2011 1:53 PM (#22753 - in reply to #22747)
Subject: Re: Creating ceremony ~ interfaith solstice integration

Ph.D. Alumni

I have found the Meetup's in the San Francisco bay area to be excellent. However as FF has suggested it would be good to check with others who attend or have attended such. I often go to Reiki meetup's, the Santa Rosa IONS group as well as medititation groups. Overall, meetups are a great way to meet like minded people.

Namaste
Leo
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software