University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why did you choose UMS?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mizgator
Posted 11/6/2011 11:33 PM (#22533)
Subject: Why did you choose UMS?

For everyone that's a student, alumni, professor etc...Why did you choose UMS? I'm curious! Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
FoxFires
Posted 11/7/2011 6:19 AM (#22536 - in reply to #22533)
Subject: RE: Why did you choose UMS?

Alumni

Tonya,

UMS, first did meet with all of the criteria to be a school that taught students without controling or requiring them to have a specific allegance to a specific faith.... In other words, there is no Dogma with religon while learning spiritual principals

They are very conservative in their costs. As Christine Breeze is the founder and get like 10 per hour for her time and is living very modest, so she love opening or helping others see through the veil to awakening

The spirt led me here and it seem like the correct choice.

Love and Light

leo
Posted 11/7/2011 1:54 PM (#22543 - in reply to #22533)

Ph.D. Alumni

mizgator,

Much like Foxfires, I was led here to UMS by my spirit. I also found the course material to contain many if not all of the metaphysical beliefs. In this way we are exposed to many different aspects of metaphysics. By this exposure you are then able to research as many or as few as you like. All based on your particular belief. There is no right or wrong way, just your own thought process for your path.

I've been with UMS since July 31, 2008 and I've completed all my course work and have submitted my Dissertation for the Ph.D. (Waiting for approval)

All that said, I've enjoyed UMS in every way possible. The staff is always there and happy to assist, the course work is exceptional and well written. Each course gives you lists of textbooks to assist in research. Overall I would highly recommend UMS for the serious metaphysical student.

Namaste
Leo
Paul Joseph
Posted 11/7/2011 4:09 PM (#22544 - in reply to #22543)

PhD Alumni

Congratulations Leo

Hello Mizgator

And do I see Louise there on-line? Old friend, hello again, long time no see wonderful to see you back

As for me, I chose UMS 'cos I was looking to do a doctorate, found all the traditional academic PhD's very bounded by being located in the head, rather than the body or the heart - I had offers from traditional academic courses to do a formal PhD, and had backgrounds in three professional qualifications, social work, teaching and psychoanalytic psychotherapy. But UMS integrated all of these, plus, the spiritual spine, which was/is critical for me. So, apart from the inordinately low fees, those are my reasons.

It is somewhat of a tension for me that traditional academia, certainly in the UK, where I am, does not recognise the UMS PhD/DD as an accredited award, but I know what I have done, and why I have done it, and, actually, it is a unique award.

Hope that helps

Blessings

Paul
Disa
Posted 11/7/2011 5:02 PM (#22548 - in reply to #22533)

Alumni

Hi, mizgator!

I chose UMS for many of the same reasons already listed by others. It really had such a vast amount of info to study and I was interested (and still am) in every subject. I searched online for years for a metaphysical school and I came back to UMS every time. It just seemed a perfect fit. I have not regretted one moment of the process and I am still excited to be taking the courses. I find that I have been challenged in ways I didn't imagine and so far, I think I've risen to the challenge- at least on a personal level. The real challenges for me still lie ahead (Thesis and dissertation) The staff is very helpful. I have always received my coursework on time, I have never had any issues with the payments or any problems whatsoever. If you're thinking about enrolling, I'd just have to say trust your intuition and you will not go wrong.

-------------------

Hi PJ! xoxox
Supernatural3
Posted 11/7/2011 5:30 PM (#22555 - in reply to #22533)

PhD Alumni

I chose UMS because of their thoroughness. They cover so much and let you be what you want to be. When it comes down to it, they never say any way is correct, incorrect, but allow each of us to be OURSELVES. We know what is right for our own individual belief system and this school does NOT interfere with that..... which is what i found out as i went along. YAY~

My first metaphysics school was by mail only... while I loved it, I ended up feeling like I was being pulled into a specific religion that nobody even heard of. It felt weird to me. While the same concepts and their lessons were very similar and good, just not as accessible. They also were what I considered "Underground", so using them on a reference or resume make me look like an idiot for placing something there that nobody could find or check out.

When I found UMS, they were out in the open, easy to find on the web and already had affiliations for as much accreditation as possible for this type of education. So, did I have to start all over.... YEP! I flew through it because i already new much, but I also learned tons more, so it was so worth my time and money. I don't think I would be in the career I am with-out my education here at UMS. I did further my specific focus on hypnosis, and continued my education there.

Two Thumbs Up.... Plus, i have met many friends here that I hope are lifetime friends. I wanna hug ya all in person someday.... ha ha

Blessings~ 
mizgator
Posted 11/8/2011 6:25 PM (#22575 - in reply to #22533)

I want to thank all of you for responding! I've never heard of such a school existing before. I currently work in higher education and have been pursuing my masters. However, I find that what I am learning is simply great for skills and knowledge needed for future jobs, but it does nothing for my soul/spirit. Is this school nationally/internationally/regionally accredited? If not, does it need to be in your opinion?
leo
Posted 11/8/2011 6:43 PM (#22576 - in reply to #22575)

Ph.D. Alumni

mizgator

"The AADP and the AAMA are the most prominent and related organizations at this time in the United States for accrediting a metaphysical institution. These are the only agencies in existence at this time that are "a grouping of our peers." University of Metaphysical Sciences is accredited by the AADP, American Association of Drugless Practitioners (www.aadp.net) and the AAMA, American Alternative Medical Association (www.joinaama.com). Please feel free to visit their sites and check our school listing with them. Students and graduates of University of Metaphysical Sciences are eligible to apply for membership within these and other organizations upon attainment of the degree that makes them eligible for acceptance by the respective agency."

From the UMS web page in the "About" section under accreditors.

Namaste
Leo
Supernatural3
Posted 12/22/2011 8:56 AM (#22786 - in reply to #22533)

PhD Alumni

Welcome Lolaa,

I am happy that you like it here. Please do check out many of the older topics as well.... so much valuable information. Sometimes I love to just come and read, to get a positive vibe... I just feel better as I read along.

I hope that everyone gets that same warm, loving kind of feeling from being here too.

Blessings!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software