University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spiritual Movie Themes and Names
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

FoxFires
Posted 11/3/2011 10:04 AM (#22477)
Subject: Spiritual Movie Themes and Names

Alumni

Hey Everyone,

Can we start a thread where we talk about spirituality in movies, and some spiritual applications... And better yet is discussion of spiritual movies.

Like the Avatar Movie where we not just ruined our planet, we were going to help other people ruin their planet LOL

Love and Light

Top of the page Bottom of the page
mruppert
Posted 11/4/2011 1:32 AM (#22483 - in reply to #22477)
Subject: RE: Spiritual Movie Themes and Names

Expert

Yeah, man......kick it off with my Mole People thread with Cause-al......

Foxman starts a very interesting avenue of exploration. I would LOVE to see what our community considers to be "spiritual" movies.  

So, again, see where me and Cause were at.....and maybe we can build on it......the Mole People IS a metaphysical movie, a la 1956.

Man, I had to resign myself to a wheelchair in 56......too old to walk......now wait a minute.....that was.....oh yeah.....56......1856....well my family, all four of us that remain  age "gracefully".

Vampirically yours,
Baron Martycula, and my bats Luckylee, Poppyhead

FoxFires
Posted 11/4/2011 12:16 PM (#22488 - in reply to #22483)

Alumni

Marty,

I was hoping to see something in color and not from the ancient history channel archives...

There is a technology out there called 3D, where you can feel like the characters are almost in your lap,,, Avatar is a 3D type movie.... If you turn the fans on in a room when you watch the flying sequences, it is a 4D movie.... but you need remote control fans for this.

Love and Light

Edited by FoxFires 11/4/2011 12:20 PM
Fayrii
Posted 11/5/2011 11:54 AM (#22500 - in reply to #22477)

I always really enjoyed the movie "The Fountain" though I am not sure if it was the movie itself that felt powerful, so much as it was the music, lol. Clint Mansell did wonders for the score.
FoxFires
Posted 11/5/2011 12:12 PM (#22501 - in reply to #22500)

Alumni

Fayrii,

Can you share a bit about the movie and not give it all away, The Fountain, and what is the score with Clint Mansell, what year or should I ask vintage was this, like in the 90's or some idea close to when it seemed to appear in circulation

Love and Light

FoxFires
Posted 11/5/2011 1:15 PM (#22505 - in reply to #22477)

Alumni

Hey All,

There was a movie is is 20+ or so years old with a girl who is a new age medium who walks aroud with a spirit guide, and talks in her outside voice and is tasked by some people to work on something they found in a excavation and the piece sticking up from the Earth was called the Elbow of God and she starts decoding the Elbow in tounges, and she is full of the energy... ... ... But the girl sort of looks like or reminds me of the singer Madonna...

But does anyone remember the name of this movie or any of the actors in it, I wanted to rent it again or get a copy.... Thanks!!!!

leo
Posted 11/6/2011 1:31 PM (#22520 - in reply to #22477)

Ph.D. Alumni

Hey everybody,

I just got some information from my roommate about a Spiritual movie web site. It looks very interesting and is •Endorsed by Deepak Chopra, Jack Canfield, Gary Zukav, Mariel Hemingway and many more. It does have a monthly fee of $21 and a free introductory offer. The interesting thing is your membership contributes by creating a sustainable future for independent filmmakers. I know this site is about previously made Hollywood movies with a spiritual theme. However, if anyone is interested in off Hollywood spiritual productions, take a look.

http://www.spiritualcinemacircle.com/

Namaste
Leo
FoxFires
Posted 11/6/2011 1:40 PM (#22523 - in reply to #22520)

Alumni

Thanks Leo!!!!
mruppert
Posted 11/6/2011 7:12 PM (#22528 - in reply to #22488)

Expert

Hey there Fox,

Guess what? There was 3D in the 50's, waaaaay before you were born.

Atsright, kiddies, 3D is not your "now" generation making us old people look like cavepersons....but you are right Fox....it was in b&w........I still got my glasses from seeing "13 Ghosts".

Peace and Red/Blue Glasses,

PsychoMarty, Luckylee, Poppyhead

FoxFires
Posted 11/6/2011 9:32 PM (#22529 - in reply to #22528)

Alumni

Marty,

I was born in the 50's so share something else

Love and Light

Supernatural3
Posted 11/6/2011 11:19 PM (#22530 - in reply to #22477)

PhD Alumni

hmmm lets see:

my all time fav movies that are metaphysically inclined or just flat out spiritual are:

DRUMROLE..... ha ha ha

"Always" 1989 Staring Richard Dryfus, Holly Hunter, that hot dude Brad Johnson and John Goodman. This movie is not only hilarious, but remarkable.

"What Dreams May Come" 1998 American supernatural drama film, starring Robin Williams, Cuba Gooding, Jr., and Annabella Sciorra.

Cannot forget these movies.... very good "The Craft", "The Others", "Premonition" The Lake House and Practical Magic.......

All of them supernatural....

Oh yeah, how about "The Time Travelers Wife" too.

I am a HUGE movie watcher.... if I am not DJ-ing, i am watching a movie.   
Disa
Posted 11/7/2011 5:12 PM (#22552 - in reply to #22477)

Alumni

Oh, Jill. Practical Magic is my all time fave, I think. I did also love the Lake house. Premonition wasn't what I expected it to be, and What dreams may come- for some reason, I really did not like it. I tried really hard to like it.

I love the Movie The Mists of Avalon.

I love the movie Skeleton Key- does that count? It's full of Hoo Doo

Supernatural3
Posted 11/7/2011 5:14 PM (#22553 - in reply to #22477)

PhD Alumni

I loved the Skeleton Key too... hits ya in a whole new way of what a belief system can do. Quite weird, but great movie. 
Paul Joseph
Posted 11/7/2011 5:16 PM (#22554 - in reply to #22553)

PhD Alumni

The Seventh Seal, Bergman. One of the most spiritual films of all time
FoxFires
Posted 11/8/2011 10:05 AM (#22570 - in reply to #22553)

Alumni

Hey All,

Mole People Unsure if I have seen 
The Fountain Unsure
Always" 1989 Unsure
What Dreams May Come" 1998 Unsure
"The Craft", Very Good and show the abuse of power and the effects of it
"The Others" I am not sure if I am thinking I have seen this or the oustiders, with Nicole Kidman
"Premonition" Unsure
The Lake House Unsure
Practical Magic, Very good from what I took in, and Loved this one
The Mists of Avalon. Very good from what I got, and enlightning, like a blend of religon and spiritual stuff together and a deeper majic
Skeleton Key Saw but Dark and deep but also Good, sort of like a dark night of the soul

I would also mention Tuck Everlasting, as a good story with spiritual deep issues,

Green Mile should go without mention as Tom Hanks, seems to see someone with the finger tip of God's healing in a human vessel

Love and Light

FoxFires
Posted 11/8/2011 10:28 AM (#22571 - in reply to #22554)

Alumni

Hi Paul,

It is funny that you mention this, the Seventh Seal. Kind of deep but here it is

I have always wondered about the Antichrist and Christ issue, and what if the Antichrist refused to bring judgment to the world, or to start the deception of mankind... And the question is what would God do if the Antichrist refused to do his job, would he go to hell because he was the lawless one or for disobedience to orders... And what would be God's reason for his trip to hell, specifically.... To me this is the real meaning of dammed if you and dammed if you don't, that is often said in vain

I read the bible and see where it says who is worthy to open the seals, and I just come back with can anyone be forced to do this, or to feel the weight of this decision if they are worthy.... I sort of draw the emotion as if the bible says who is worthy, I just feel, I could not be forced to open a seal... So would heaven overrule our free will or sustain it... As it takes one righteous person to dare enough to care to stand between us and our destruction

Love and Light

FoxFires
Posted 11/12/2011 8:30 AM (#22607 - in reply to #22477)

Alumni

Has Anyone who cares to share seen the Last of the Air Benders, by M Shyamalan, this was a good movie by my accounts, I think there are supposed to be more in the series, as the people learn to conqure / control the earth elements

Love and Light

Supernatural3
Posted 12/22/2011 9:05 AM (#22787 - in reply to #22477)
Subject: Re: Spiritual Movie Themes and Names

PhD Alumni

Either my pc is not working correctly, or the pages in this post have gone missing. I am pretty sure I posted many Movies, and the whole first portion of this topic is ghostly gone. Weird. Wonder what happened that only the last page is available? Hmmmmm. Unfortunately, this sorta stuff happened when trying to update firmware/software.

If we can RE-add some of our favorite spiritual type of movies... that would be GREAT!
Some of mine are: Always, The Others, Premonition, Heaven Can Wait, Ghost, and well.... more will come to me as I go.
Webmaster
Posted 12/22/2011 4:01 PM (#22793 - in reply to #22787)

Forum Administrator

Ah, I'm sorry if this happened due to the forum upgrade!

I haven't been able to find a cause for it.

I suppose J's suggestion to begin anew and share again is the best solution at this point.

Please forgive the errors of progress!

Zy

Supernatural3
Posted 12/22/2011 4:56 PM (#22797 - in reply to #22477)

PhD Alumni

It's all good.... made me think of one's I forgot too. I like the upgrade... MUCH faster.
Blessings and don't be hard on yourself, job well done. You could have not possibly known.
xxx
FoxFires
Posted 12/23/2011 9:03 AM (#22800 - in reply to #22570)

Alumni

FoxFires - 11/8/2011 11:05 AM

Hey All,

Mole People Unsure if I have seen 
The Fountain Unsure
Always" 1989 Unsure
What Dreams May Come" 1998 Unsure
"The Craft", Very Good and show the abuse of power and the effects of it
"The Others" I am not sure if I am thinking I have seen this or the oustiders, with Nicole Kidman
"Premonition" Unsure
The Lake House Unsure
Practical Magic, Very good from what I took in, and Loved this one
The Mists of Avalon. Very good from what I got, and enlightning, like a blend of religon and spiritual stuff together and a deeper majic
Skeleton Key Saw but Dark and deep but also Good, sort of like a dark night of the soul

Jill,

When I did this post the first time I remember going through every other post before it, I did this one and sort of tried to indicate my recolation or relation to it...  Except the case, I talked to Paul seperatly...  This is all that was from this posting thread anyway...

But I did want to add that I see spirituality in almost every movie, but the thing that stcks out in my mind is the Green Mile where the healer who is on death row and gets his last request see actors and keeps saying they, the actors are angels,  As the afterlife seems to just be we need to find a trust in a spirit guide as we release fear before we can move on and the guides have to play out our fears before we will release our preconcieved notions of life death and God, so we can move on and be lighter from fear we just overcame, and go to the next step

Men Who Chase Goats is halirous, and also eye opening, It is the US military using spiritual energy inside of military, and harnesing earth energy in people, and some there still have ego issues, where some do not

Love and Light

Edited by FoxFires 12/23/2011 9:05 AM
Paul Joseph
Posted 12/24/2011 2:31 PM (#22802 - in reply to #22800)

PhD Alumni

Celinne and Julie Go Boating is a 1960s film by Jaques Rivette; about two young women (Celinne ande Julie) who get entangled in a repeating haunted house experience wherein/from which, they must rescue a little girl from ghosts

Touch of Zen, King Hu, THE film of all time and precursor to Crouching Tiger genre ...

a couple to be going on with

on Christmas Eve

also, any ghost story by M R James, check 'em out ...
mruppert
Posted 12/29/2011 11:02 PM (#22808 - in reply to #22802)

Expert

.....the diff is that you know M R James.............no one else  knows......but I do!

Peace,

PsychoMarty, Luckylee, Poppyhead

P.S.  It is like Suspiria.......I and DocJ could write miles of dissertation on being "scared"

moonqueen
Posted 12/30/2011 8:45 PM (#22814 - in reply to #22477)

I seem to find a spiritual aspect in every film or TV show! Maybe it's what I'm usually looking for ;-) Many of course have a much higher tendency such as many listed here, but others have such a wonderful underlying spiritual nature. The very essence on what drives any person to do anything could be called a spiritual nature as it was that persons or charaters belief which drives one to do most anything. Although most do not mean to be a "spiritually minded" theme. For instance I'm currently watching the show The Tudors. A very...umm shall we say...explicit show. The very nature of it resides in the history of King Henry the VIII, which of course is when the church of England was created when he broke away from the Catholic church and began creating his own rules...etc etc... much of the show isn't exactly spiritual, but it is extrememly facinating to me to simply see what people do in the name of spirituality. It casts quite an ugly shadow on the Catholic Church and hope I do not offend anyone, but does this not also show in some way a great deal of spirituality? So often, and I for one am a fantastic example of this, practice their spirituality alone, in private, and don't talk to many about it. But to see it portrayed on screen what someone believes, is open to, and shows as well as makes examples of which is very exciting. I'm probably going off topic now...but just some thoughts...

Much Light
FoxFires
Posted 12/31/2011 8:52 AM (#22819 - in reply to #22814)

Alumni

Moonqueen,

Expression of things and acceptance of what is otherwise imperfect, with nonjudgemental eyes or motive is partial access grand master key to this reality, to slip through it with karmic duty paid in full...  In other words, if I can see the faults percieved by many as what SEEMS wrong and still accept it as is for the past events...  Then can we see much more truth. 

But we are all here to just learn to accept personal fears, and put away judgement in others...

I do see spiritual aspiration in every aspect of every action of what people do...  Like the move Tron and and where the lesson that a human as a creator of a world or environment, and he wanted a perfect world, and with perfection comes future death and sterilization, as this type of function or motive seems to overdrive the construct, and elimenation of what seems imperfect, becomes the focus, and in the end, the goal might need to be something like what seems best at the time, and to feel what is right for self and others

Love and Light

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software