University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

THE POWER OF FAITH
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

NELTOR
Posted 10/14/2011 3:39 AM (#22243)
Subject: THE POWER OF FAITH

We have diverged too far from mysticism. Here’s a not too old information.

The words from William James, Harvard Psychologist, the Father of American Psychology
The power of the subconscious mind touched by faith can be proved. Any individual can tap into an eternal reservoir of power that will enable them to overcome any problem that may arise. All weaknesses can be overcome, bodily healing, financial independence, spiritual awakening, prosperity beyond your wildest dreams. This is the superstructure of happiness.

In another setting. going back 2 centuries, in the early American history, Dr. Odler had this to say: “It is not the doctor’s prescription or diagnosis that is most important that heals, the mending bones that would knit by self, or recovering from a severe infection, but it is one’s faith that somehow the unexplainable happens from within the doctor’s kindness and rapport.”

The doctor’s kindness and rapport contributed to the patients healing and the patients faith likewise contributed to his healing. Right?
In Jesus time he said “thine faith hath made thee whole.” There was no healing part that came from Jesus.
We heal ourselves.

The Silva’s method of healing from the mind is from within. The healing gifts that Arigo, Bruno Goerning, Jesus Christ, and other faith healers (not the bogus ones) showed were from “above.” We may call this Divine healing. Would you not agree?

Now, we talk on the placebo effect. There is no explanation for why the placebo effect works, except that somehow, the patient’s belief that they are getting cured triggers some sort of self-healing ability within the patient. The placebo effect is probably the best-documented way in which the mind is known to affect the body. All the time?

There are people in other countries where nothing is done. They are left to themselves, yet healing can occur naturally. They have their own body defenses just as we do.

However, cases like agranulocytopenia or leukemia or other dreadful malady, their body has lost its natural defenses. .Will the mind be able to help this? If so, they must employ this in hospitals where a lot of patients suffer. I doubt if placebos will work in dreadful maladies but hope is not gone.

What kind of healing did Benny Hinn exhibit? Was it from another source? Did he really heal? If others gave their healing free and others amassed wealth, are there two sources of healing here? One is divine and one is from the Devil? Maybe you can’t agree to this. Can you give your opinion?

Whatever happened to the “healed” individuals, after many years, by Benny Hinn supposed to have healed, that I have no knowledge.

Edited by NELTOR 10/14/2011 3:57 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
leo
Posted 10/14/2011 12:31 PM (#22246 - in reply to #22243)
Subject: RE: THE POWER OF FAITH

Ph.D. Alumni

NELTOR,

As you suggested, there are several ways in which the body can heal itself. Dr. Mitchell Gaynor, director of Medical Oncology and Integrative Medicine at Cornell Cancer Prevention Center in New York, said if we accept that sound is vibration and we know that vibration touches every part of our physical being, then we understand that sound is heard not only through the ears, but through every cell in our bodies. One reason sound heals on a physical level is because it so deeply touches and transforms us on the emotional and spiritual planes.

I attended a sound healing last night through the Santa Rosa IONS (Institute of Noetic Sciences) Community Group. Where Patricia Everitt talked about Sound Healing & Higher Consciousness. She stated that We are vibrational beings. Everything in the universe is in a state of vibration, including every part of our body. Dis-ease is a result of this vibration not flowing freely in the body creating discordant energy. At the meeting Patricia used several instruments, gongs, Tibeten singing bowls and others that I'm not certain of their names.

In China there is documented proof of tumors being irradicated by monks with conscious thought. There of course is Reiki (the above mentioned Patricia is a Reiki Master) healing. There are many now investigating conscious intent. One such investigation is at the U. of Arizona where leaves cut from a plant are kept viable through intent. The control leaves die while the ones with conscious intent survive for long periods of time. Other investigations are being conducted as well. Dr. Dean Radin from the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) has built a lab to determine the effects of conscious intent as well as other psi phenomena.

In this research into psi phenomena much is being learned about the power that we humans have. There are many, Larry Dossey, Judith Orloff, Russell Targ, Michael Murphy, Stephen A. Schwartz and Dean Radin to name a few. The main thing to remember is that we do have the ability to do these things if we can re-learn them.

As far as Beny Hinn is concerned, I somehow find it difficult to believe as you stated; "Whatever happened to the “healed” individuals, after many years, by Benny Hinn supposed to have healed, that I have no knowledge." I'm not sure that Benny want's anyone to know. I attended one of his services once. No one was healed but I believe they had a different service for his "healing practice". I wasn't impressed by the service as it didn't resonate with me at all.

Blessings
Leo

NELTOR
Posted 10/14/2011 5:32 PM (#22256 - in reply to #22243)

Thanks Leo,

You will also find that there are many faith healers in the Philippines. If one will witness psychic surgery then you will no longer
doubt.

Health Faith Healers
Philippine faith healers are known around the world. The more sensational supposedly perform operations with their bare hands, without any trace or scar remaining after such an "operation". Others claim to be able to cure people without even touching them.
Treatment by a faith healer can be observed at the clinic of Gary Magno at 564 Rotary Circle (Remedios Circle), Malate, Manila. This "clinic" is always full of patients, and treatment is done in a room with a window allowing full view to other patients. Upon request, one may even enter the "treatment" area for a closer look, photos or videos.
So-called opening of a body (psychic surgery) is an everyday event in this "clinic". The patient is fully awake and holds a crucifix. One "operation" takes no more than five minutes. After the "operation", no scar remains and the patient just walks out of the "clinic". Addresses of some faith healers:

[post edited by Moderator Ophiucus to remove advertising web-links]

mruppert
Posted 10/23/2011 12:26 AM (#22356 - in reply to #22243)

Expert

Hi Nellman:

""The words from William James, Harvard Psychologist, the Father of American Psychology
The power of the subconscious mind touched by faith can be proved. Any individual can tap into an eternal reservoir of power that will enable them to overcome any problem that may arise. All weaknesses can be overcome, bodily healing, financial independence, spiritual awakening, prosperity beyond your wildest dreams. This is the superstructure of happiness.""    -----your quote (subject to verification as to the last part for context purposes)

This is the conclusion of the lectures that Dr. James gave at the University of Edinburgh (Scotland) in the early 1900's. The lectures were published in "The Varieties of Religious Experience" . All of his credulous research and bona fide supporting documentation comes from those associated with the "Roman" Catholic Church.....the church that I know as the metaphysical church.

There are some men who sit in the middle of Rome in a place called Vatican City that profess to know the Roman Catholic faith and with majesty attempt to administer it. They do not speak Tagalog. They KNOW the metaphysical church but they choose to deny it.....what would they do if the word got out that each and everyone of us has the power of our savior, as he is with us at all times.

Dominus Vobiscum,
Marty, Luckylee, Poppyhead

NELTOR
Posted 10/25/2011 4:03 AM (#22385 - in reply to #22256)

Many thanks Leo for sharing your knowledge. Indeed the Universe is full of knowledge, some we don't know yet. As you know, I am a Fellow of the Australian Acupuncture College, and I have seen "needles" work. There is a flow of Qi (pronounced Chi) in the 6 meridians or channels of the body and extremities, 3 infront 3 at the back. the Qi flows in these meridians just under the skin from the toes and fingers and enters at the top point in the head (G20), then flows inside the brain down into different organs, then out again. The yang and the yin (front and back) flows continuously 24 lours even when asleep. When there is obstruction of the flow of Qi, an imbalance may result, a disease develops or even non-malignant tumours, I have shrunk adenomas of the thyroid and the breast with acupuncture, alleviate migraines (some migraines never came back) etc. The younger the patient, the response is faster. But in older folks, it would take more sessions and the response is slow. How vibrations can cause diseases fascinates me. I just wonder how vibrations will affect the flow of Qi in the channels.
Where does faith come in here?

Edited by NELTOR 10/25/2011 4:37 AM
NELTOR
Posted 10/25/2011 4:21 AM (#22387 - in reply to #22385)

Even if we all have the power of the Savior in all of us yet even God can't tell what man will do with his will.
cause
Posted 10/25/2011 5:01 PM (#22395 - in reply to #22387)

UMS Student

I think more to the point, he dosn't. It's a very old question.
NELTOR
Posted 10/25/2011 5:32 PM (#22396 - in reply to #22395)

Where is the faith in Acupuncture healing?
Twelve years ago, I made a poem.

ODE TO THE QI
By: H. M. Torrevillas, FAMAC

Who has seen the Qi?
Neither you nor I;
But when one becomes healthy,
The Qi is standing by.

Who has seen the Qi?
Not even the Chinese nor modern scientists today!
But when one is happy,
The Qi can’t say.

When one is suffering,
He is in constant pain;
Can the needle do something?
By balancing the dysharmony.

They say the Qi is strange,
Whoever thought it not to be!
Until one has experienced
The Qi is all to me.

It is present in all animals,
And the vets make use of this.
Why can’t we all accept this?
Because they can’t see anything like this.

They say some have ears and hear not,
And some have brains but use not
How much more for the Qi?
Much much more, believe it or not.

Indeed nobody has seen the Qi!
It could be low or high!
But when the Qi is working,
Only God knows why!

(The acupuncturist has to be exact with the needles hitting the acupuncture point to see
results.) Nel

FoxFires
Posted 10/26/2011 9:37 AM (#22399 - in reply to #22387)

Alumni

Yes but if we view the entire world as Jesus' and Satan's will there is little to glean from in the way of opinion, and the sense of what seems right to us narrows down to who is right and wrong....

And even Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5:1 were Christians when were spiritually and physically sentenced to death by other Christians for telling a lie about the price of a piece of property in a sale

So if we are told what to do with the full will of God, and do otherwise, what do we learn.... Would we need a choice in the matter, or could robots / angels perform all spiritual work.

So yes I am leading here, but could life be to feel the energy of being like God and to not try to change everything to meet our desires, but to be like God, and when a one in a million prayer comes up, for help that does not have a personal bias, to answer it....

If God answered every single last prayer, could you imagine the mess it would cause, Watch the movie Bruce Almighty, and you see a funny depiction of this happening, with someone who gets the power of god for an 8 block area.... It was kaos.... So can God answer our prayers if we do not feel the dark energy of what could happen if everyones prayers were answered.... Having our prayers answered can also be as bold as asking for someone else's prayers to not be answered..... So when we ask for help what is we really want to happen.... I feel it is we want a closer relationship with a force greater than ourself, and to be loved unconditionally as we are.... But to be loved unconditionally, don't we need to love unconditionally, as defined, this means loving without expecting anything whatsoever in return from my action of love

Love and Light

Aquarius
Posted 1/24/2012 6:16 AM (#23038 - in reply to #22396)
Subject: Reflections On Faith

UMS Guest

Reflections On Faith

The Age of Pisces was the age of blind faith. On the threshold of the Age of Aquarius, this part of the evolutionary path of our race lies safely behind us and many are beginning to find a new faith that is very different from that of all previous ages. It is of a visionary nature and based on the spiritual knowledge and wisdom that is increasingly flowing intuitively into every heart and soul directly from the Source of our being. This kind of faith is no longer an outer and therefore wobbly manifestation. It is an aspect of consciousness and a part that naturally belongs to every soul. It reveals its presence as an inner awareness that there is a Great plan of life, in which each has their allocated place and role to play. Through accepting that the Universe really does love each one of us and that all life rests safely in its loving hands; that it is on our side and knows exactly what it is doing, we learn to trust that we shall be safe wherever our destiny may wish to take us.

True faith is born within us from the knowledge that life is good and always moving forwards on all its levels. Faith accepts that we cannot direct life but that, if we relax into it, all will be well for as long as we do not try to control its flow but learn to go with it, whilst listening to our inner guidance to tell us what is right or wrong for us in any given moment. When we do this and do our best to work with the Universe, instead of against it, God and the Angels bring healing for us and our lives. Without such faith our lives will always remain empty, lacking focus and a centre, life on the Earth plane can be an extremely frightening experience for sensitive human souls.

Some believe that faith is a second rate option and many seem to think that religions can somehow give people faith. Yet, some of the most devout church-goers that ever came my way had no faith, i.e. no trust in life whatever. To this day, I am wondering whether the reason for going to church such a lot is that they are hoping that one fine day they will find faith there. The way I see it, the true variety of it cannot be imparted by religion or anyone or anything else, because it is something that must grow from within. It makes no difference whether one follows one of the religions of our world or none at all. This kind of faith comes to us through living one’s life and through learning to trust its goodness. We can and should seek the support of groups and have some input into them, but no matter who they are, they cannot give us faith; nothing can do this for us, except through experiencing life itself.

Genuine faith is vital for our survival, as an individual and as a species, because it lifts us above a purely earthly existence and expands our consciousness to an ever increasing perception of the higher levels of life, beyond that which is familiar to most. It enables us to travel farther, and to dream bigger. Let me tell you from first hand experience that in the final analysis, Earth life remains a dreary journey that lacks direction, purpose and meaning, until one becomes aware of what and who we truly are, and why we are here.

The recognition of this alone can give us a reason for living meaningfully and for choosing wisely, at all times. Until we find out that our life, the same as everybody else’s, indeed has purpose and meaning, true faith has little chance of growing from within. With the understanding that we have come into this lifetime in order to walk a certain pathway that is meant to teach us some much needed lessons, life itself finally helps us to build our existence on solid foundations and we recognise that every experience that comes our way presents us with more opportunities for growing ever more heaven-tall.

leo
Posted 3/2/2012 12:22 PM (#23138 - in reply to #22243)

Ph.D. Alumni

Celine75,

I agree with you in that the forum is carefully watched by the moderators and the content is often most interesting.

Leo
mruppert
Posted 3/2/2012 8:48 PM (#23139 - in reply to #22243)
Subject: Re: THE POWER OF FAITH

Expert

A Heads Up goes to Leo!!!!!!!!!
I caught it because a response post came to an unpopular and two response post that I authored. Can't help but notice the blatant link there and I did an ALERT as Zy asked. The embedded link took me to an astrology site.
To this day, I still worry that new folks might read posts that I am involved in and follow links that are not specifically ones that I purposefully meant to include. My links are almost always to UuuuuTube to let people hear what I hear or see what I see. I would never invite people to a commercial website. Occassionally I will refer to articles and give a url or paste the article in quotes. I feel I am protected via "fair use" as applied to most University environments, including here at UMS.
Soooo.....if ya wanna buy Uggs, buy'em and if ya wanna quin all your cunxs, find an astrologer.....but you will not be getting a sales pitch from me!
Peace and Love to all,
Psychic-cologicalMarty, Madame Luckylee, Knower of All Things & LadyPoppyhead, Sayer of the Soothe
Ophiucus
Posted 3/5/2012 7:48 AM (#23149 - in reply to #23139)
Subject: Re: THE POWER OF FAITH

Forum Administrator

Thanks for the alerts; I have deleted the link to Celine's site

Dear Celine - please check out the UMS posting rules, thanks & thanks for your posts

No offence

Ophiucus
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software