University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What does the Crucifixion mean to you?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Aquarius
Posted 4/25/2011 6:23 AM (#21609)
Subject: What does the Crucifixion mean to you?

UMS Guest

Dear Friends – to get the ball rolling, I would like to share with you some of my observations on this theme:

The Esoteric Meaning Of The Crucifixion

The Crucifixion - Rays of Wisdom - The Esoteric Meaning Of The Crucifixion

Spirit evolves in matter and matter evolves with its indwelling spirit. The whole of Creation is constantly evolving and growing and spiritual wisdom and knowledge are doing the same. Through our ever greater understanding of God’s true nature and our own, we are not only assisting ourselves but also each other and our whole world to move onto a higher level of consciousness. Evolution has always been the main purpose of our race’s existence on the Earth plane. Yet, because in times gone by we were spiritually too immature to grasp the higher esoteric meaning of God’s wisdom and truth, they had to be presented to us in the more easily understood form of myths and legends. They were good enough during our spiritual infancy and childhood. But, on the threshold of yet another Age of Aquarius, many souls have matured into spiritual adulthood and are therefore ready to receive God’s wisdom and truths directly from the living God within who is the source of our being.

Much progress in our race’s understanding of the spiritual aspects of life were once made by the time of Rudolf Steiner, 1861 – 1925, the Austrian philosopher, social thinker, architect and esotericist. At that stage of our race’s evolution the need had not yet arisen to become aware of the truth that had to remain hidden behind the Jesus legend for such a long time. As a devout Christian, Steiner in one of this visions saw the Earth at the time of the crucifixion from a vantage point above our planet. It was perceived by him as a  ‘black spiritual void’ in the spiritual landscape of the Cosmos. His imagination conjured up an image of how, the instant Jesus’ blood touched the ground, the Earth began to radiate spiritual light from its entire circumference into the farthest and remotest corner of the Cosmos. Steiner believed that from that moment onwards the physical Earth literally became the physical body of  what he called ‘The Christ’.

How long it has taken until we and our world at last are ready to understand the true meaning of the story of Jesus, the Christed one. In truth, it was never intended to be more than a legend and an allegory. For two thousand years or so it would slowly but surely take us and our world, one small step after another, forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral of grasping the esoteric meanings of God’s eternal wisdom. Until the time was right they had to remain hidden behind the surface words of the Jesus tale, though in due course they would be revealed, but only for those who no longer insisted on running with the limited understanding of the herd, but preferred to get ahead of it. Continuing to follow old fashioned and outdated doctrines and beliefs of the past seriously deters one’s own evolutionary progress as well as that of the whole of humankind.

Life leaves the choice to us. It is entirely up to us whether we are content with no spiritual progress or whether we would rather tread new paths and make discoveries that allow us to act as a pioneer and wayfinder for the slower ones behind. As Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote: ‘Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.’ Uncheedah, which means grandmother in Santee Sioux, adds to this: ‘When you see a new trail or a footprint you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.’ In my view, the individual and collective evolutionary progress of our world can only be ensured when sufficient numbers of us are willing to follow their advice by querying and questioning that which has been handed down to us by previous generations.

I see the Jesus legend as a re-enactment of a drama of vast Cosmic proportions of which numerous different versions were presented to us and our world, throughout the ages. Yet, many to this day still believe that the tales of the Crucifixion and the Master’s subsequent resurrection describe events that actually took place on the Earth plane, two thousand years ago. In truth, they are allegories to help us understand that life continues after the outer shell of our physical body has been shed. The Master’s life is a demonstration of how a lifetime of pure and wholesome living is meant to help each one of us gain complete mastery and control over every aspect of our being. It is for this reason that all religions down the ages brought us allegories of saviours and their ensuing resurrection and final release into their eternal home back into the oneness with their Creator.

The crucifixion story of the Master Jesus is no exception. It represents the Earth initiation, the highest initiation every human soul in the end has to take part in. When the indwelling spirit has finally gained complete mastery of the atoms of its physical body, the process is complete. This is what the Universe requires from all of us, as soon as we are ready to move on to lessons of a different nature on the higher and eventually highest levels of life. That is why, as soon as we have reached a certain evolutionary point, there is a big change in our interests. Our spirit then slowly but surely frees itself from its present plane of existence by reaching out ever more above the concerns of the material world. This continues until our whole being has fully and consciously been re-united with God, the way we once were.

The crucifixion demonstrates how a Master soul whole-heartedly and willingly forgives everything and everybody, especially those who have at some stage betrayed them. Although he never actually walked the Earth with us, we are meant to follow in the – a – Master’s footsteps, so that with every passing day we become more of a master in our own right. In particular this applies when it comes to forgiving those who delivered us to be nailed to some kind of cross or another. Judas Iscariot’s betrayal of Jesus and the Master’s forgiveness show us how to avoid the creation of further difficult Karma between any two souls.

We are required to deal with our opponents in the same masterly fashion and forgive all those who ever trespassed against us, in the course of any one of our many lifetimes. Even our worst opponents, or rather especially these, have to be treated in this manner, because this alone can set both of us free from the heavy Karmic chains and shackles of the undesirable emotional bonds that we, in our ignorance of Universal laws, once created with and for each other. Forgiveness that comes directly from our hearts and souls is the only way they can be dissolved. This process is worthy of being attended to with the greatest diligence, as it alone can eventually release us from the need for further education on the material plane.

Recommended Viewing:
Part 1
•    Three videos about the origins of the religions of our world:

Video 1
Video 2
Video 3

Part 2
The ancient Egyptian myth of Isis and Osiris reinterpreted and retold in the Jesus legend.

•    ‘The Christian Adoption of Egyptian Iconography, Symbolism And Myth’

Recommended Reading:
• ‘Could Religions Ever Change Anything?’

From ‘Healers and Healing’

Edited by Aquarius 3/7/2015 7:32 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/28/2011 7:12 AM (#21613 - in reply to #21609)
Subject: RE: What does the Crucifixion mean to you?

PhD Alumni

I am attaching some poems of mine, a number of which are meditations on the the Crucixion

Blessings All

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Poems - Jesus.docx (38KB - 81 downloads)
mruppert
Posted 4/28/2011 8:42 PM (#21614 - in reply to #21609)

Expert

"But about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice saying "Eli Eli lema sabacthani," that is, "My God, My God why hast thou forsaken me?" And some of the bystanders on hearing this said, "This MAN is calling Elias." And immediately one of them ran and, taking a sponge, soaked it in common wine, put it on a reed and offered it to him to drink. But the rest said, "Wait, let us see whether Elias is coming to save him." But Jesus again CRIED OUT IN A LOUD VOICE AND GAVE UP HIS SPIRIT.  
-----Matthew 27, 46-50 Confraternity Version  (caps my emphases)
What happened after that is truly remarkable!

Hristos a inviat!
Adeverat a inviat.
Paste fericit!!

Marty, Lucky, Poppy and Sissy
Aquarius
Posted 4/29/2011 5:39 AM (#21619 - in reply to #21613)

UMS Guest

Paul Joseph - 4/28/2011 12:12 PM I am attaching some poems of mine, a number of which are meditations on the the Crucixion Blessings All

Thank you, dear Paul. I have tried the file attachment, but didn't seem to get anywhere with it. Why don't you just post a few of your poems with us here. It will be much easier to enjoy them - or not to enjoy, as they case may be.  

With love - Aquarius

Aquarius
Posted 4/29/2011 5:42 AM (#21620 - in reply to #21614)

UMS Guest

mruppert - 4/29/2011 1:42 AM What happened after that is truly remarkable!

If it hadn't been a myth and a legend and if it ever really HAD happened, that is.

With love - Aquarius

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/3/2011 8:11 AM (#21621 - in reply to #21620)

PhD Alumni

There were a number of witnesses to Something happening [and not only the writers of the Gospels]
FoxFires
Posted 5/4/2011 3:35 PM (#21622 - in reply to #21614)

Alumni

Marty,

I look at the stories of "righteous deaths" in the bible and see Jesus and what we called angels in Sodom and Gomorrah, and Stephan who died when being stoned for Psaul. Jesus died so he did not have to control the world but for it to find God in the peoples own heart. Stephen died peacefully to atone for the transgressions of Psaul, and the angels of Sodom and Gomorrah died to purge the souls of lust and lack of hospitality. Hospitality means even if you love or desire something more than you can handle, you still find a way to not force you lust upon it to take your desire.

I feel an open heart understands this

XOXO

Aquarius
Posted 5/5/2011 2:41 PM (#21623 - in reply to #21621)

UMS Guest

Paul Joseph - 5/3/2011 1:11 PM There were a number of witnesses to Something happening [and not only the writers of the Gospels]

So we are told, but whose truly reliable word do we have for it?

With love - Aquarius

mruppert
Posted 5/5/2011 8:34 PM (#21624 - in reply to #21609)

Expert

Witness thus....
     And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were rent, and the tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had FALLEN ASLEEP arose; and coming forth out of the tombs after his resurrection, they came into the holy city, and appeared to many. Now when the centurion, and those who were with him keeping guard over Jesus saw the earthquake and the things that were happening, THEY WERE VERY MUCH AFRAID, and they said "TRULY HE WAS THE SON OF GOD." And many women were there looking on from a distance, who had followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering to him. Among them were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee.
---Mat 27 51-56, Confraternity version (caps are my emphasis)

Matthew has always been problematic....imagine a prostitute and a destitute mother.......but, if I may quote from Mad Max.....Toecutter: "This woman is not what she seems"

Peace on ya's
Marty, Lucky, my sick little Poppy, Sissy
FoxFires
Posted 5/7/2011 3:08 PM (#21627 - in reply to #21624)

Alumni

I did not ever understand how the ones who felt the love of Jesus could abandon him on the crucifixion day, till I noticed that chi could be called in the spirit to leave us, and let us become weak in spirit if we are fighting the wrong battle.

So I feel the energy was called up by Jesus in the spirit so they did not feel the pain of Jesus as he faced what he faced alone. But upon his death it seems that the spirit from inside the temple was set free to be with us

Love and Light

Aquarius
Posted 5/8/2011 5:41 AM (#21631 - in reply to #21609)
Subject: The Cross - Part II of The Crucifixion

UMS Guest

Thank you all, dear Friends, for participating in this thread and for adding your observations to mine. The Crucifixion - not surprisingly - by now has grown considerably, as ever more insights kept on flowing into it. Here is my next offering:

The Symbolism Of The Cross

The Symbolism Of The Cross - Rays of Wisdom - Healers And HealingThe cross is one of the most ancient symbols known to humankind. It was not invented by Christianity, but merely adopted from much more ancient religions and cultures that preceded it. In its true sense the cross never stood for death and crucifixion, but for the goodness and blessings of Earth life. It was originally meant to convey the idea that the spirit can overcome and rise above all happenings on the physical plane. During its many journeys through this particular form of existence all human spirits and souls remain firmly fixed to the cross of consciousness that Earth life presents.

There is no point in fighting against this, as the material and spiritual education that our planet alone can provide is compulsory and unavoidable because it is essential for our individual and collective evolution. The best we can do is go with the flow and submit ourselves willingly to whatever duties present themselves. This brings us much more easily into harmony with the energies of the Highest Forces than anything else. We have been granted the gift of another lifetime so that we may serve them and learn how to co-operate with them.

In due course this gradually brings us back into the conscious loving union with God and the Universe we are all on the Earth to seek. Any knowledge we discover along the way is meant to be shared with our earthly siblings. With our loving support they too will eventually be able to grasp the special meaning of the evolutionary phase we and our whole world are presently moving through. For those who are ready to receive the seeds we are sowing they will fall on fertile ground and germinate. By helping to see their problems in a different light we can assist their ascent above the physical plane. It would be unreasonable to expect an immediate ending of someone’s suffering straight away, but through a fresh understanding it can at least be alleviated. An increasing awareness of what this life is all about and what is at stake can and indeed frequently does bring a spontaneous measure of relief, comfort and healing. 

Misunderstood for a very long time, the legend of the Master Jesus has tried to bring us new hope by showing us how, like the Master, every human spirit and soul will eventually be capable of withdrawing from the suffering of its physical body. We all have the power within to lift ourselves on the wings of our Highest,  God or Spiritual Self, above all earthly difficulties. The underlying esoteric meaning of the events of Easter always have been a hidden allegory to reveal to us how each one of us will eventually reach the evolutionary point of viewing our present existence from an ever higher perspective.

This empowers us to watch all its proceedings in the right light and with the necessary detachment. Each one of us is required to walk in the Master’s footsteps and deal with things the way he did. In my view, this is only possible when one perceives the troubles of our present existence in the above described manner. Instead of allowing ourselves being tortured and crucified by the trials and tribulations of this plane, we then become capable of dealing with them ever more objectively and dispassionately. The more one recognises them as personal and collective evolutionary lessons and passing phases of our earthly existence, the more this comes about quite naturally.

It seems to me that many of the happenings in our world, which all too easily can be perceived as people’s pure and utter selfishness, are but outer manifestations of the inner yearning of the soul of our whole world to find healing and peace. Deeply embedded in every individual soul and also in the collective is the sacred knowledge of humankind’s homecoming into its true nature and the togetherness and oneness with God and all life. Bearing this in mind, are all the struggles we presently observe around us in truth pleas that the home coming process into our true nature should be speeded up by those in charge of us on the highest levels of life?

During this difficult evolutionary phase it is hardly surprising that times are frequently difficult for all of us and that the mettle of so many is being tested and tried, almost to breaking point. So, with feet planted firmly on the ground, hearts and minds steadily focused on the highest level of life, in our role as aspiring light workers let’s keep our eyes firmly fixed on the spiritual background of this life, so it can reveal to us ever more of the truth about the higher and highest purpose and meaning not only of our present existence, but of the way all life truly functions.

Astrology can help us gain a better understanding of the many obstacles all of us are presently encountering on our journey back home into the full conscious awareness of our true nature. Never forget that Aquarius is co-ruled by Saturn and Uranus, in that order. Saturn here acts as the gatekeeper for the Aquarian age. Therefore, it is hardly surprising that so many of us are struggling and that on many different levels of our being. In the course of teaching us self–discipline, Saturn tests and tries us to the utmost of our endurance. Until self-mastery has been achieved none of us will be released into the greater spiritual freedom of the Aquarian age.

From ‘Healers And Healing’

* * *

Edited by Aquarius 3/7/2015 7:36 AM
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/11/2011 10:53 AM (#21639 - in reply to #21627)

PhD Alumni

Hi FF

My reading of this is that Jesus instructed his disciples thus (as in his words to Judas, ' now go and do what you must do') - in the Gospel of Judas, that is because Jesus had to do what he had to do in the only way possible ....

.... and great Biblical link Marty .... thanks .....

Namaste
PJ
FoxFires
Posted 5/11/2011 5:48 PM (#21640 - in reply to #21639)

Alumni

Hey Paul,

I know the disciples were very troubled after the crucification and Thomas still doubted, and Jesus talked to some after his crucification and their hearts burned as they spoke and they did not realize it was Jesus till he left...n So they were still analytical and not heart based.

But I thought Mary Magdalene was a favored disciple and was at the crucification and one of the first at the tomb to find it empty.

So was Mary at the crucification because she was a female and would not be punished or because she felt it was right and trusted her heart. Females trust their hearts easier, but I don't know.

In the Garden of Gethsemane the disciples slept in the final hour before Jesus received the kiss of betrayal from Judas.

Peter... One of the well published and documented disciples denied Jesus 3 times, so in that you are right, but hey both answers may lead home as the story was prophecy and the way it was felt by Jesus may have been a De Java event, where Jesus was manifesting things as he knew they had to be.

The true disciple was probably Mary Magdalene, and men so far have done everything possible to discredit her.

But men are like that, they do not play or compete and loose fair. As women just try to do the right thing and men seem to make them feel bad and weak for it

cause
Posted 5/13/2011 1:34 PM (#21643 - in reply to #21609)

UMS Student

Aquarius,

The web posts you suggested made me think of the many people in the world today on there philosophical quests. There are more people on this quest today than perhaps at an other time in the history that I know. This is a great thing to witness. pushing me forward in the thoughts that the video brought forth is a debate, and actually an old one. Beyond the who made who, there is the idea and tradition of the sun and other entities dying and being reborn with other attributes being immediate in the future and in the past. The debate is between the thought that the Deity was created through these foretelling of the stars and the similarities of other mythical entities and those whom believe that these are foretelling of the coming of Christ. Lately, if you will allow a small flippancy, is seems that the media that comes from those whom don't want to believe in anything at all. which is unfortunate.

The Crucifixion is an emotional maelstrom for all who know of it and most who look on it and in any method of viewing. not only does it represent an old religion but provokes thoughts on mortality good and evil and the mystery surrounding those thoughts but also the question 'who was this person that we see in death?

to me the Crucifixion means the horror of death, and injustice. The unjust death of the most perfect individual known. But ask me tomorrow and I may give a different answer. in it there is something I cannot help but to take into my own person.

mruppert
Posted 5/15/2011 8:46 PM (#21648 - in reply to #21609)

Expert

Witness further, for you Foxman,
Now when he had risen from the dead early on the first day of the week, HE APPEARED FIRST TO MARY MAGDALENE, out of whom he had cast seven devils. She went and brought word to those who had been with him, as they were mourning and weeping. And they, hearing that he was alive and had been seen by her, DID NOT BELIEVE IT..........we skip some more biblical stuff.......At length he appeared to the 11 as they were at table, and he upbraided them for their lack of faith AND HARDNESS OF HEART, .....we skip some more biblical blah blahs........Go into the whole world......in my name they shall cast out devils; THEY SHALL SPEAK IN NEW TONGUES; they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; AND THEY SHALL LAY HANDS UPON THE SICK AND THEY SHALL GET WELL.

------this was a word up for da brotha Mark, 16 9-18, Confraternity version.

Cat scratch is my reminder that we forgot to sign our post,

Peace,
Marty (the scratchee), Lucky, Poppy, Sissy (the scratchor).

Edited by mruppert 5/15/2011 8:54 PM
FoxFires
Posted 5/17/2011 4:03 PM (#21655 - in reply to #21648)

Alumni

Marty,

The hardning of the hearts was necessary and Jesus probally could access heart chakras on people Who Trusted Him.

As far as the demons, this was phrase for something unpleaseant in her. Most people confuse the 2 Mary's as 1 and think she was a prostitute, and the pope said recently that was not necesairly the case

Speaking in a new language can just be a different way of psychicaly talking to people. And poisons are what hurts others does not affect the faithful and loving

Don't feel bad, about not signing your post as some have posted thousands of times here and do not sign their post's I do not sign them sometimes because some are dogmatic and I just dodge the thoughts they organise in their postings. But showing you care to some is like throwing pearls before/to swine

mruppert
Posted 5/19/2011 9:01 PM (#21663 - in reply to #21655)

Expert

Hey there Foxxx....et everybody
       I have, indeed, seen groups of "faithful" in West Virginia, Tennessee and Kentucky fiddle around with serpents. I have seen them drink "venom" and get bit by rattlers (legal) and cobras (illegal).
        Just a little weeny teeny itsy bitsy secret.....all that dancing, singing, and praying to get all hyped up to play with the snakes....
common technique that is used in many churches for other purposes....like parting with paper in your wallet.
         Shhhhh! Another secret.....them snakes ain't got no fangs, so when they bite, it looks bad but is benign. No Lord savin' anybody here!!!!!!! And, the jars of venom.....best squeezin's I ever tasted....had to be at least 160 proof....poured some in my car and got 29 miles to the gallon to boot?!?
          I did visit one in Tenn and the snakes were unaltered. The younger of the preacher's sons got bit. He died a day later. They didn't have any antivenom in the area, and it had to be couriered. It didn't get there in time.  But, the congregation still reads the bible and goes to services every Saturday night.  Ya know why?????????
           Because they "BELIEVE"!

In what I don't know, and don't want to know,
Marty and Mongooses Lucky, Poppy and Sissy

Danjummai
Posted 5/28/2011 7:56 AM (#21675 - in reply to #21609)

PhD Alumni

"Indeed to those who Believe and do Righteous Deeds;
to them is Paradise (Qur'an)."
Crucifixion is about belief and righteousness, isn't it? It happens all the time.

Peace!
Aquarius
Posted 5/30/2011 6:00 AM (#21678 - in reply to #21609)
Subject: Polo Mint Societies

UMS Guest

Thank you all, dear Friends, for your feedback and for sharing your understanding of the Crucifixion with us. Here is my next contribution towards this theme:

Living In Polo Mint Societies

Rays of Wisdom - Healers And Healing - Living In Polo Mint Societies

It seems to me that we have created veritable Polo Mint societies for ourselves, i.e. societies without centres. In case they are unknown in your part of the world, Polo Mints are small round mints with a hole in the middle – see the image above. In my view, there is no need to get unduly upset about this state of our world, because this too undoubtedly serves a wise higher purpose. The only way human beings can learn how to appreciate the true value of things and each other is through a lack of something. This is also true for the presence – or absence, as the case may be – of the awareness of the Divine aspect of our own nature and through this our inner connectedness with all life. There can be no sadder and more depressing experience the Earth has to offer than plodding through life in this state, maybe for several decades, the way I once did.

How does this unhappy state come about for any one of us? It is caused by the initial human ignorance on the Earth plane of the fact that there is more to this life than meets the eye. Our earthly self may not yet have discovered that life consist of a vast framework of spirituality rather than the limited and restricting vision of this, that or other religion, in the course of many different lifetimes – each in their own way – has contributed towards it. Just think of all kinds of wars in this existence. How happily the priests on both sides bless humankind’s ever more infernal weapons of destruction and seriously praying for the victory of their side. As likely as not, they are merely continuing an age-old tradition. We all have destructive dark energies within us. Over many lifetimes, we have gradually been growing and evolving away from them, getting ever closer to our highest side. In ages gone by, religion not only provided us with a reason and an excuse to kill and maim each other, we could do so with the official blessings of the worldly and church authorities. Until not so long ago, they usually were one in any case.

For around two thousand years, Christianity has been one of the major religions of our Western world. I do not wish to single them out, but to me they are one of the best examples for demonstrating how the old belief systems are failing their followers. After all, we are living within one of the societies Christianity helped to create. I believe that one of the main problems in the past has been that religion was all too often mistaken for spirituality. The lack of true spiritual awareness and a deep inner understanding of God’s nature and our own of the old religions threw them wide open to those with no other intentions than using them for their own selfish purposes, for the pursuit of power and material wealth. To this day, we are witnessing some of the large-scale corruption and abuses of various kinds this has always brought about.

Ever more greed, avarice and seeking material gains and power over the souls of others with time have grown into festering sores on the collective soul of humankind. This lethal combination was made complete by a deep fear of God, which the old religions over time developed into a fine art form in itself. Undoubtedly, all this could only happen because the people at the head of this type of organisation themselves so far fail to grasp the higher esoteric meanings that of their churches’ teachings. This is forgivable, as they – the same as everybody who comes to them – are children in the same school of life, no more and no less.

Thus, it is hardly surprising that over the years increasing numbers of people have been and still are turning away from everything to do with organised religions. As understandable and as right as this is, it is a pity nonetheless, because in their many are in danger of throwing the baby out with its bath water and avoiding everything to do with the notion of God and spirituality. Those who allow themselves to fall into this trap are missing the discovery of the most precious part of humanness and that is the knowledge that the core of their being is Divine, eternal and can never die. In this way, they are denying themselves the opportunity of finding the deep inner soul healing that the inner reconnection with the source of our being brings promises to bring to every human being.

Through their past experiences with religions, some of us may already have rejected them in past lifetimes, while others become sufficiently disgruntled, disappointed and dissatisfied with them, now. The result is the same and that is why we many of us presently have to live in almost godless societies. And that, my dear Friends, is how in the course of hundreds and thousands of years and lifetimes, everybody has had their input into slowly but surely creating – for ourselves and each other – a world without a centre. That is how we created Polo-Mint societies that have holes in the place of the notion of God, of higher and highest levels of life and beings, who are invisible to earthly eyes, who dwell in these realms and who are in charge of us and our world.

This has left a yawning emptiness inside us and as nature abhors a vacuum, it instantly tries to fill it with something else – whatever may be available and offers itself. For as long as we fail to understand ourselves and the purpose of our own lives and that of all life, we insist on filling this inner void with almost any kind of outer stimuli and pleasure seeking. That’s why so many are constantly on the move and travelling here, there and everywhere, selfishly and carelessly adding to the already considerable stress and strain of our planet caused by human greed, avarice, excessive consumption, congestion and pollution. With the realisation that the yawning emptiness of our lives that is troubling us, is in truth our spirit and soul trying to coax us into attending to their need for going on inner journeys of discovery and healing, the urge for travel in the outside world subsides.

The abuse of our sexual/creative/spiritual energy, alcohol and drugs, as well as suicide – especially amongst the young – is rampant. As our world appears to have lost its direction and seems to be going to pieces, that is not surprising either. Yet, we all need to get to work on ourselves because we are all responsible for the present state of our world. No matter how saintly an existence ours at present may be, we all have to do our share of making our planet an ever more pleasant place for all its inhabitants. Each has to play their own unique part in the saving and redemption of ourselves and our world.

Over the ages, God’s timeless and eternal wisdom and truth has been retold in many different guises of myths and legends. The astounding similarities that exist in the teachings of all the major belief systems of our world, as much the ones of Jesus and the Buddha, as those of Lao-tzu, Confucius and the Hindu religions, to name but a few, reveal clearly that they all originate from the same place, the Source of all wisdom and truth. I believe that at the heart of the present predicament of our world and its organised religions, who to this day insist on bringing still more suffering into our world, lies the insistence of taking stories of their messenger and prophets literally.

For a very long time this has successfully denied our race direct access to God’s wisdom and truth, which all sacred texts undoubtedly contain. That, to me, is the hub of the problem as well as its solution. Like all great things and ideas, it’s so very simple! Alas, how can anyone expect an authority that for hundreds of year has declared itself to be infallible, to lift itself above its own shadow, to humbly step forward and declare something like this:

‘It has taken us a long time, but it is by now coming ever clearer that the life story of Jesus is but an allegory for the perfected human being, who has been re-united with the living God within, the Christ Spirit, the precious and holy part we all carry within in seed form. We recognise and accept now that Jesus cannot save and redeem you or me or anyone else, because this has to be done by us ourselves. Each one for themselves has to bring forth from within themselves their own Christ qualities and take good care of nurturing and developing them. No-one can do this for us, but with the help and the will of God all things are possible and it shall be done, until every last one of us has been saved and redeemed and our whole world with us. All that is required from us is that we live a simple life with modest demands on our planet, common decency and above all honesty, integrity and loyalty to our chosen way of life.

‘Everybody receives their own inner guidance from our true Lord and Master, the Universal Christ, who is both Father and Mother of us all. Let us trust Him/Her to guide us only to that which is good and beautiful, true and right in us and our world. The less desirable human characteristics are part of our lower earthly nature. The more we focus on developing our higher qualities, the more easily we overcome and quite naturally shed the lower part. A cross of consciousness has existed for a very long time between our lower and higher nature. By steadfastly refusing the temptations of its demands, every one of God’s children of the Earth is destined to finally behind all that is ugly and unworthy of us.

‘We have been placed in this world to act as pioneers of a new age of whom great things are expected. The unravelling of ever more of the mystery of God’s eternal truth is everybody’s task. God and the Angels demand from us that we show our willingness to be joyously guided by them into fields of human endeavour and comprehension where no-one has ever walked before. This undoubtedly stirs within us our deepest and most innermost fears and anxieties. Yet, there is nothing to fear other than fear itself. This is the greatest and ultimate hurdle that stands between us and our full re-union with God. We cannot climb over it on our own because this is the part that has to be nailed to the cross through surrendering all that we have and are to our Highest or God Self.

‘Together let’s reach for the fulfilment of our own highest potential and that of our whole world and all do our share, so that humankind’s greatest dreams and aspirations of freedom from all kinds of oppression, of peace and goodwill towards all life may at long last come true. No-one can do this for us, as we used to believe in the past. It’s coming ever clearer that we ourselves, with the help of God and the Angels, have to bring this new world about through each one of us bringing forth their own Christ qualities of simplicity in all things, of kindness, goodness, tolerance, compassion, love and goodwill towards everything that shares our world with us, the way the Jesus legend to this day shows us. Happily serving the highest good and the greatest joy of our whole world in this manner for the glory and honour of God, instead of our own, that, my dear Friends, is what the Crucifixion truly means.

‘Setting a good example and showing you the way is why this statement is made. God bless you all.’ With the help and the will of God miracles do happen and mountains can be moved. I trust that one of these days, in the not too distant future, this is what this particular mountain will also do.

Recommended Reading:
 ‘Climbing The Spiritual Mountain And Living Creatively’

Edited by Aquarius 3/7/2015 2:18 PM
mruppert
Posted 6/1/2011 8:51 PM (#21680 - in reply to #21678)
Subject: RE: Polo Mint Societies

Expert

Oh Aqua, Aqua, Aqua,
     You have blessed me with so much fodder for the cannon.....I don't quite know where to begin!
I don't have very much typing time right now but let's get started somewhere.......You seek to pick on Christians, whom you equate with a bunch of religions who worship Christ. The people I believe you speak of and the religions they are members of have absolutely nothing to do with Christianity (which, as you know, predates Christ). If your point is that organized religion fails people, then I agree. But, I also must state that the religious experience (such as that which a man had on the cross) transcends hierarchical belief systems and smacks on divine communication, the likes of which most everyone cannot know, and never will know.
       Just a little thought from me to you! More to follow?

Love and Kisssssssys,
Marty, Lucky, Poppy and Sisssssssssy
Aquarius
Posted 6/25/2011 2:45 PM (#21734 - in reply to #21609)
Subject: The Crucifixion - Epilogue

UMS Guest

Shoot away, dear Marty! But, before you activate the cavalry and get your machinegun ready, please bear with me and read the concluding part of 'The Crucifixion' and 'Healers & Healing':

Epilogue

This seems to be the right place and moment for adding a few words about what I have come to view as my mission for this lifetime’s mission and what it has always hoped to achieve. It was written in case amongst you there are any who suspect that attacks against Christianity or any other religion of our world could be contained in any part of ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’. As pointed out in other parts of them, quite the opposite is true!

From the earliest beginnings of my writings, including ‘The Crucifixion’, have been attempts at building bridges and reconciling the beliefs of these systems with the esoteric truths that for a very long time had to remain hidden behind the surface words of the Jesus legend. They are by now trying to emerge with ever greater clarity and force into the consciousness of our world. I was hoping that,  from the contents of my work, these things could easily be seen. I trusted that the words my Highest Self has written and to this day is writing through me, would have the power of speaking for themselves and explaining the intentions that lie behind them. However, this does not always appear to be the case. That is why in June 2011, I am adding another declaration in the hope of making myself abundantly clear, so that possible misunderstandings are nipped in the bud.

Much as I enjoyed reading in the earlier parts of my life, in my spare time – I do not seem to find much of it these days – I prefer a good novel to writings of a spiritual nature. Having been intensively involved with my own spiritual writings for many years and finding that the answers to all my questions really do lie within, I hardly ever feel drawn to reading material of this kind. I find a good novel more relaxing. Isn’t it astonishing how much one can grow in understanding of human nature and our world through them? At the time of writing this, I was working my way through ‘The Name of the Rose’ by Umberto Eco, a murder investigation whose vehicle is a chronicle of the Middle Ages. It is not the kind of reading I would normally enjoy, but for some reason I felt drawn to it. I now know why: it was getting me in the mood and setting the scene for what is before you now. 

If I had needed it, ‘The Name of the Rose’ I could not have wished for a more poignant and painful reminder of what a sad catalogue the evolutionary pathway of our race has been. The Middle Ages were, as far as intrigues, corruption and general dishonesty, especially in matter concerned with the spirit, was concerned a world of free for all. Anything goes – the more cruel, the better. This epoch, like others before and after it, was ruled by power-seekers of the crassest kind who knew nothing but the submission of others in their pursuit of personal power and gains and material wealth. Under the protective cloak of religion, one class of people indiscriminately inflicted suffering and miseries upon the other. Equal shares were dished out by those in charge – under the pretext of serving God. Ahead of them all the pope, followed by the priesthood, the monks and then the public at large. A tale of big fleas have little fleas, if ever there was one.

What a world ours has been! You and I are likely to be old souls and there is a strong probability that we took part in these things, on the giving as well as the receiving end, and that in quite a few lifetimes. Doesn’t the mere thought of it send shudders down your spine? Our Creator’s wise and loving foresight provided us and our world with a veil of consciousness. It separates humankind’s small earthly self from our soul memories, as well as other lifeforms that for a very long time have to remain invisible to earthly eyes, for example the angelic realm. The atrocities and crimes we committed in other lifetimes, for the simple reason that they were – and for many in our midst to this day are – part of the curriculum of the University of Earth life. If we knew all the things we experienced and whose memories we carry within, for those with a degree of spiritual sensitivity it would be impossible to ever spend a happy and peaceful moment in this existence.

Past lifetime regression has become extremely popular – and highly lucrative – for many. Unnecessarily trying to peer behind the curtain or the veil, for no better reason than sheer curiosity, in my view, is a dangerous, unwise and undesirable pastime. There is no way of knowing what kind of a Pandora’s Box we could be opening for us. That’s why I prefer waiting until my Highest Self shows me that which I need to know. Following its advice, I deal with the issues involved in the appropriate manner, for example by praying for forgiveness and forgiving myself.

Those who are familiar with the other parts of my jottings that by now are available here know that I am a free spirit who – at least in this lifetime – has never been brainwashed and indoctrinated by any of the belief systems of our world. Yet, it so happened that towards the end of the year 201l, I was guided to ‘The Jesus Mysteries – Was the Original Jesus a Pagan God?’ and its follow-up ‘Jesus and the Lost Goddess – The Secret Teachings of the Original Christians’ by Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy. In them, to my astonishment, the authors confirmed just about all the insights I had gained into the background of the Bible and the Jesus legend, the way my inner guidance had taught me for a very long time.

Unlike me, Freke and Gandy, were devoted Christians at the onset of their quest for the truth behind the words of their Scriptures. The above mentioned books are an education that, in my view, should not be missed by anyone. By sharing their considerable gifts with us, the authors have presented our world and us with two serious scholarly and meticulously researched works of the highest calibre. My inner and Highest Self’s response to them tells me loud and clear that they are telling the truth. To me, they are eminently suited to present us with the truth, as it revealed itself to them as hidden behind many of the words of the Bible, especially the life story of the Master Jesus. It was a great joy to discover their work about six years after the creation of Rays of Wisdom and several decades since I first became aware of and felt drawn to looking for and writing down the truth behind the words of the sacred texts of the various religions of our world and Christianity in particular.

‘The Jesus Mysteries’ was first published in 1999. ‘Jesus and the Lost Goddess’ followed in 2001 – in the middle of Pluto’s transit through Sagittarius. As pointed out in the chapter ‘Pluto in Capricorn’, the Plutonian energies engage us and our world in the process of breaking down and then rebuilding the structures on which we all depend in more truthful and satisfying ways. The purging and cleansing effect of Pluto’s energies bring to the surface of our individual and collective consciousness that which once was hidden from public view and knowledge. Sagittarius is concerned with vast themes like the higher and highest education, religions and philosophies of our world, including the people who practise them, and the dissemination of their ideas through broadcasting and publishing. It is not surprising that a flurry of other publications of a similar nature to those of Freke and Gandy appeared during the time of Pluto’s transit through Sagittarius.

I read several of them and with each one my inner guidance told me that they were a load of nonsense. However, when it came to Freke and Gandy’s books, it nodded – so to speak – and told me that all of it made a great deal of sense. Each new chapter confirmed that they were indeed telling the truth. I fail to understand why Christians become so defensive towards finding out that the story of the Master’s life is a legend. The Universal Christ has been communicating with us through the words of the Jesus legend for such a long time. Knowing the truth behind the story, to me, is much more beautiful, uplifting and magnificent than the main character of a tale could ever be. After all, his authenticity has been doubted by many ever since its creation. Is that really so hard to recognise?

That reminds me of the lady, a born again Christian, who about fifteen years ago gave me a Bible for Christmas because she had read some of observations and insights into the truth behind the Bible. We met long before the idea for the name ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’ came to me and there could have been any thought of publishing parts of my work on the World Wide Web. This lady told me she was praying that the truth about Jesus should be revealed to me. It seems that her prayers were answered, though in a markedly different manner from the one she had asked for.

Who would not rejoice at the thought that this, the possibly saddest chapter in the evolution of our race thus far, is closing and that the curtain that allows us occasional glimpses into the greater freedom of the Aquarian Age is lifting? Who would not be more than happy to make a very real contribution towards bringing the superior sovereignty of this new age about? What could be more beautiful and exhilarating for any human being than the expansion of our inner vision that grows from an ever deepening grasp of God’s true nature and our own? And why is it that so many Christians, to this day, want to deny themselves experiences like these? An open mind is the greatest gift our Creator can bestow upon any one of us. Those who are willing to open theirs and are sufficiently in touch with their inner guidance to be able to tell a truth from a lie, will have no difficulties partaking what is available here. Ah well, you can but lead a horse to the water… Yes, when the horse is ready, it will drink and that only too happily.

Mind you, since making my work available to a wider public, I have been fortunate enough to meet large numbers of open minded people. Many of them were and still are wise Christians who, eagerly welcoming the enlargement of their understanding and inner vision, seize every opportunity that comes their way for finding out more. Rays of Wisdom’s feedback section bears witness to this. By now, I have an ever growing circle of friends all over the world. They are my spiritual family with whom I share the new sections of the jottings that from time to time become available for sharing. This happens as and when the inspiration from my wise one within moves me to write some more, as it almost constantly does. Many thanks to each one of you for your loving support and words of encouragement, and for keeping the faith and spreading the word. Even the smallest effort is very much appreciated.

New releases are appearing regularly. They are announced by e-mail and if you would like to join my mailing list and the circle of my friends and spiritual family, you can find a link on the contact page for getting in touch with me. A response received a few days ago read: ‘I soooooo love your e-mails;  don’t let anything stop you from sending them. They have brought such love and light to my life. Blessings.’ J.G. Thank you, dearest Friend, for as long as I am capable of doing so, I will continue to hold my insights down in ‘The Random Jottings of a Stargazer’, publish them on Rays of Wisdom and inform you about new sections and updates by e-mail.

Whenever there are interruptions in transmissions, please be patient. Rest assured they do not happen because of ‘writer’s block’, so I don’t know what to write about. The flow of ideas and insights never seems to stop. As soon as I open up a theme, they unfailingly begin to pour in profusely. Any breaks will be due to me being occupied with working my way through a particularly tough spot on my own healing journey of a thousand miles. So, please bear with me and I would be most grateful if you included me in your healing prayers, the same as you will forever be part of mine.

Thank you, dear Marty, for creating this opportunity for repeating once again the intentions behind all my writings in more detail.

With love - Aquarius

Edited by Aquarius 8/13/2011 4:50 AM
mruppert
Posted 6/29/2011 9:07 PM (#21739 - in reply to #21609)

Expert

Hola Simpatico Aqua Calor, and fellow posters,
     You always send me into such reverie that I believe you to be the ghost of Marcel Proust haunting me.

I cannot reply to the entire post, but if I may share just a few impressions of just a few of your opening paragraphs.

TNOTR: William Hickey, whom I knew, was born on September 19th (I am the 10th) in Brooklyn, New York, USA which is where I lived, though I was born in Long Island City, as my Mom couldn't wait to until she got home.   Larry Hickey, a relative, was my roommate at the Catholic University of America. William was Ubertino in the movie. Why you, Aqua, mentioned that book, is a subtle message for me!!! BTW, Sean Connery was not bad as a priest, but it took me a long time not to hear him and think Bond, James Bond. The movie was extremely faithful to the book.

As a historian, I make the best guess as to what happened in the past since I cannot ( and perhaps never will ) know for sure. So do many other historians.
The book writer historians are often times biased by the contemporaneous cultural atmosphere AND/OR enslaved by tradition. Such is the lot of historians of the "Middle Ages". My research indicates that the gist of your observations are true. However, you place the assertions out of context.
      Let me just free form history, since I cannot write a text book. In the Middle Ages, the air was clean but people stank to high heaven. There was sexual intercourse but little passion as personal hygiene was bad; passionate kissing was unknown as most people had rotten teeth and many suffered horrible diseases on this account. Hence, the mumbly speech patterns as old German became modern day English. The dental-plosive t's and tight labial s's that the aristocracy speak are because they good afford to maintain some kind of front teeth.
     Knights were not noble people. Most were lesser landowners who owed the ruling official money and, therefore, allegiance. Knights did not rescue damsels in distress. Knights raped women and girls, age was not a big concern in these times.
     Ahhhhh, Quarie, we come to the Church.........in the middle ages most people in "civilized" Europe, Eastern Europe and Asia Minor were "Roman Catholic." However, with the decline of the Roman Empire, the "Roman" did not mean very much in the way of belief. People did not know Latin, and even priests, bishops and popes  did not know Latin. They, therefore, would not have had access to the teachings of the precedent church. Bishops and Popes were largely monarchical appointees until a Pope asserted divine right and then we got even worse. The church lied, stole, looted, raped, pillaged and did every other vile thing. So, Ack, you are too true in your observation. However, the people did not consider this to be in any way shape or form as out of the ordinary of their lives. It WAS their lives.
     But, I ask you to go a step further..............the early bands of Christians.......faced with no food, no water, in Northern Africa, try to exist. The old and the feeble are bound to die. The ones that are able to  continue to survive ask a divine power for guidance. The message is clear, so the old and the feeble serve the purpose of the divine and sustain the able bodied. Hence, my historical explanation for something Roman Catholics do every Sunday. It would take me more time than I can spend to find the oldest Latin I have, but it is thus in English:
Take ye and eat of this, for this is my body;
Take ye and drink of this, for this is my blood;
The New Covenant!

Cannibalism and Vampirism as has been practiced since the advent of man!!!!!!

A little something from a soul lost in faith and time, PACE VOBISCUM,
Hysterical Marty and Historical Lucky, Poppy, Sissy

Aquarius
Posted 6/30/2011 7:28 AM (#21743 - in reply to #21609)

UMS Guest

Thank you, dear Martin, for sharing your impressions with us here. You being a historian, your notes and comments are of particular interest to me. As far as I can see, the history of humankind has been one long catalogue of oppression, warfare and suffering. Don’t you think it’s good to know that all of that is now coming to an end? That’s what I believe with all my heart and soul.

With love and light to you and the girls,

Aquarius

Paul Joseph
Posted 7/1/2011 6:26 PM (#21751 - in reply to #21609)

PhD Alumni

"A historian"

Or, "An historian"? (sorry to be a pedant)

For me, not only Biblically attested 'Christian' accounts testify to the life, death, resurrection - and post resurrection teaching of a person identifiable as Jesus.

As Marty indicates, unpacking the remainder would take very considerable space.

Psychologically speaking, the perpetual and consistent death and resurrection of the individual Psyche are challenges that continually confront us.

Not sure what else to say ....
Aquarius
Posted 7/2/2011 6:49 AM (#21752 - in reply to #21609)

UMS Guest

Dear Paul - from http://www.infoplease.com/askeds/vs.html has the following for you:

The Question:

Is it "A historian" or "AN historian"? I've seen both.

The Answer:

This is a contested question.

Let's start with the basics. A word starting with a vowel sound is preceded by "an," no matter how it's spelled. Thus, one would write "an hour" and "an honest woman." A word starting with a strongly stressed "h" sound is preceded by "a." Thus, to most Americans, it's "a hanger" and "a helicopter."

There are two questions at issue here. The first is what one ought to do with a weakly pronounced "h." Some—this editor included—would precede it with "an"; others—and this is increasingly preferred—precede it with "a." The second question is how you yourself pronounce "historian." In general, words in which the "h" has been dropped have been shifting toward having it pronounced strongly, but only you know how you pronounce this one. If you drop the "h" entirely when saying "historian," then precede it with "an." If you pronounce it with a strongly stressed "h," then use "a." If you pronounce it with a very faint "h," then do whatever seems more natural.

It's worth remembering that the reason why "an" is used before vowels is because it's hard to go straight from "a" to another vowel sound without having them run into one another. Native speakers of English almost never use the wrong one, at least in speech. Say it out loud before you write it, and trust your instincts.

More about it:

A vs. An — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/askeds/vs.html#ixzz1QwZMwRO1

With love - Aquarius

Edited by Aquarius 3/7/2015 7:44 AM
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software