University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More 2012 news
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

leo
Posted 10/20/2010 8:59 AM (#20514)
Subject: More 2012 news

Ph.D. Alumni

I know that there is a dedicated site for 2012, however, not sure how many are looking at it at this point. Some new info was on Yahoo today and thought I'd share for those who missed it.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20101019/sc_livescience/endofth...

Top of the page Bottom of the page
cause
Posted 10/20/2010 2:51 PM (#20520 - in reply to #20514)
Subject: RE: More 2012 news

UMS Student

The 2012 alarmism and hype (about 2012) has frustrated me. There is no reason to believe that the Mayans symply decided to 'knock off' for a while on there calender building and take a break. The calender may end there because the many years the spent making the calender was felt lo be enough. This being said predictions are varied and interesting. But, there is simply no need for alarm. I hope I havent spoiled the 'end' of the story for anyone. we will see something amazing in 2012! we live in amazing times.

I apologize for appearing to be the lurker,

cause
Supernatural3
Posted 10/21/2010 2:40 PM (#20524 - in reply to #20514)

PhD Alumni

I feel the same too Cause... I really feel like they said, enough already. We've gone far enough and pretty much knew that none of them would see that day anyway. ha ha

While I was in the Mayan Ruins just this year, they actually laugh at the notion that it's the end of the world. They say, it's just a cycle....and a new one will begin.

As I was at the Mayan Ruins, getting a tour of the village.... It's a very poor community. Their education is very lacking too. They are lucky to even get teachers. It wasn't a high educated community ever. I think many people are over thinking and making nothing into something.

At most... We start a new awareness cycle, if that. Boy, I sure will be surprised if it's something different.

My two cents worth....

cause
Posted 10/22/2010 8:21 PM (#20528 - in reply to #20524)

UMS Student

I have more hope that the mudane in many people's lives is being spured to the intense, and interesting, spiritualy or in a more earthy way, the push toward an awakining is a vital force in modernity. "At most. . ."? we are indominetably moving toward ourselves. that is awareness!

cause
mruppert
Posted 10/22/2010 10:39 PM (#20533 - in reply to #20528)

Expert

Hi Causeual  and LeeeeOh, et al,
       My sense is that there is a great, but subtle, movement towards an intense concentration on things spiritual and "earthy" (as you put it, Cause)..... maybe sparked by nonsenses like 2012 or 1/11/11, BUT fueled by an ever increasing sense that there is more.....more to existence in any plane...then the mere accumulation of trinkets, specie, accolades and laurels. I think the bust economy may give people pause to think about what is really important. I think that this reshapes society once again into a more familial concept....and that is what really matters.

Peace Profound,
Marty and Luck, Poppyhead, SissyGirl  
FoxFires
Posted 10/23/2010 12:38 PM (#20540 - in reply to #20514)

Alumni

Hey All,

I still do maintain that the 2012 issue was well designed and those who offer the gloom prospect are part of the grand design to bump us up off of our dead center and lead or teach us to look inside. Those who worry about mass destruction may bee to worried about the impending Christian Judgment as described in the bible. So if I am worried about dying today then I am probably attempting to manage things I should leave alone or desire earthly wealth more than spiritual truth. So I believe those who still worry about sudden misfortune on a planetary scale are not living each day to its fullest and are still waiting to release anger and fear of loss.

Personally I know I look forward to the appointed hour of my death. They say that our death is more predetermined than our birth. I will say to those who tolerate reading the bible or mention of this read two passages John 15:13 and Psalms 106:23 for those who are willing to surrender to death. I want to make sure that those who read this understand I am talking of spiritual surrender to death of the physically body or meat suit we wear. There is no intent here for any description of taking someones own life. I am merely describing someone who feels others living is more important than the persons wanting to live forever and never face any judgment or finality. 

XOXO

sunflower
Posted 10/25/2010 8:22 PM (#20555 - in reply to #20540)

Elite Veteran

when 2012 comes in,it wiill be a better year than ever before ,simlp,,y because more people are becoming made aware of the true meaning of spiritualthere is much change in peoples life already,the jigsaw is becoming complete,irisx
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software