University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Local Psychic Support Network
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

FoxFires
Posted 8/26/2010 9:54 AM (#20341)
Subject: Local Psychic Support Network

Alumni

Hey Everyone,

I signed up a few months back on http://www.meetup.com/find/ and found there are several different psychic support groups in my local area.

We have weekly meetings for all of the empaths and sensitives. Our group sponsor does training classes on a love donation basis, we have between 10 and 25 people each week. Anyone could afford to attend our Meet-Up. I go to the classes for hands on experience, or 6th sense exercise experience. I also get to network and fellowship with other psychics. We get helped and help others with guidance and encouragement!

I don't feel there are hard fast rules to being psychic, just gentle suggestions.

I do though sometimes feel that some parts of our experience must be a learn from our mistakes. I once had a friend tell me that the emotion and power learned from first hand experience far surpasses that of being told about how to fix a problem. She said telling people how to fix every problem in their life was called stealing their upgrades, as learning the truth from experience is an emotional feeling that no book can properly describe.

There are vast amounts of Meet-Up's in the United States on almost every thing you can imagine. One of my very good friends who is I met in my Medium-ship church sent me a link for Meet-Up's, as he is a film producer and does the ghost hunter house videos... There are non paid film Meet-Up groups who get involved and act in budgetary filming projects, and they always look for volunteers. They also do fine cooking and wine tasting events.

They also have the singles free dance Meet-Up's, most seem to be at the churches though, and they are probably trying to save what they view as lost souls. I would have such fun at a dance with an alterior motive of being there just to get corned by the religious right and having them explain eternal darnation to me. But I will save that fun for another day. I do love to have people with good intentions who want to convert me to their belief system explain their interpretation of the bible. Sometimes their eyes get opened and sometimes not. LOL

There are even professional photographers who do Meet-Up's in some areas 3 to 4 times a year for glamor shot photos at very inexpensive costs...

Oh yes, and for the important part for UMS Alumni and future graduates, you can start a Meet-Up in your area if one you desire does not exist. Fees may be charged for a Meet-Up but most are considered a bargain.

Love and Light!!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/26/2010 12:07 PM (#20343 - in reply to #20341)
Subject: RE: Local Psychic Support Network

PhD Alumni

Sounds good, FoxFires, though a little far for me ... we have a Board member who lives kind of your way, but hasn't posted for ages ... wonder if they'll see this post (Jerry, I seem to recall?)
FoxFires
Posted 8/26/2010 12:33 PM (#20346 - in reply to #20343)

Alumni

Dear Paul,

Have you goggled local meetings and stuff like this for your area, or asked the Meet-Up based from New York if there is anything like this in your country.

I learned of this after it had been popular for a long time. I heard people say I am going to meet up with some friends many times, and never realized that this could mean an Internet group or fellowship with a defined purpose

Love and Light!!!

Supernatural3
Posted 8/30/2010 12:13 AM (#20373 - in reply to #20341)

PhD Alumni

I hate to be the one to pop any bubbles.... but.... I went to a meet up before (couple years ago) and I honestly thought I ended up in some Stephen King movie. The people were the strangest people I had ever met. Why can't they just be NORMAL Weird? Why did they have to dress like they were either Willy Wonka, or a character off Harry Potter?

I mean, Metaphysics is a way of life, psychics don't have to DRESS like they are Dracula, or someone other than just a human. Why pretend to be a movie character? Does it REALLY make them look more psychic?

I guess I just didn't expect the costume party. It wasn't mentioned. Why can't just being ourselves be good enough? I just didn't get it. it scared the crap out of me. I was so glad I took a friend with me. I stayed long enough to realize they were not the real deal, but were people who desparately needed attention, which is fine, as I cannot judge, but I know when I feel unsafe because someone is pretending to be someone they are not. That is eerie. 

So, always take a friend if possible. Be safe.... black is fine, but hold the fangs. LOL 0.o
Maybe I attended a party of some type and I missed the previous meeting of a "Theme" but, check the group out and make sure it's held at a public place. Not someone's home.

Just a suggestion.... other than that, it's a good idea to meet like minded people in one's own area.
FoxFires
Posted 8/30/2010 9:24 PM (#20374 - in reply to #20373)

Alumni

Hi Jill, I know what you are saying about people dressing up, and they do that on my birthday every year without fail, so you don't have to go on October 31, as people do dress funny that day

We have people in our group who have made pilgrimage to India and studied there who do share in our group.

I do know you have to be careful as you say about meeting strangers, and safety in numbers always helps.

So many people who expect to find things to be a disappointment in life seem to alway fulfill their wish. But people who are looking for a silver lining have much more hope and do not seem so put out by other humans and their behaviors. So there are the tolerant people and the intolerant people.

But I do agree on the safety tips, as you just don't know about some people.

Love and Light!!!

Supernatural3
Posted 8/30/2010 9:39 PM (#20375 - in reply to #20341)

PhD Alumni

HA HA, it wasn't even close to Halloween on that day. That is why I was so taken back.

I am a HUGE Halloween fan, I personally go to Halloween parties yearly. I dress up... but on that day, or even week, it would be cool and expected. In the middle of April... not so cute.

I would LOVE to have a birthday on Halloween, double excuse to be goofy. I really don't think these people were dressing up, I think they really lived that way. It was creepy. I am also not one to easily creep out. So you can only imagine stepping into a twilight zone of some sort. I was glad to be back home.

However, yes, you got the point I was trying to make. (grin)

It's all good~

Paul Joseph
Posted 8/31/2010 5:17 PM (#20376 - in reply to #20375)

PhD Alumni

All Hallow's Eve one of my favourite times too

must hark back to my earlier incarnations - burnt at the stake, dunked in a chair too many times to tell -

always have been a lone wolf ... networks create complication .....

but always look forward to Her time - the time of the Dark Lady's ever-recurrence

She is such a wonderfully giving and yet harsh task maiden - enough to frighten away any Valkyrie

Such a long time since saying hell0, Jill and Marty

and Foxfires, Linda and Leo too .... been away on a Star Nebulae or three

diverting Unseen and far out Planets

too far for local support, for my pains x

Edited by Paul Joseph 8/31/2010 5:20 PM
FoxFires
Posted 9/1/2010 9:27 AM (#20377 - in reply to #20376)

Alumni

Dear Paul,

I was told many of us with enduring patience were placed on a path to allow others with pain to work out their frustrations. As so much has happened to you over many lifetimes, and you still bear happiness and hope for those who are hostile and unloving to their brothers. Many very good things happen on October 31, there was a 105 point thesis nailed to the church door calling for the bible to be printed in common language. I personally went through a spiritual ascension as I invoked the spirit of truth on that day.

I am my brothers keeper, and with great responsibility comes great power. So I do think we live lifetimes of pain and knowing the truth, and keeping the truth to keep from hurting those who do not understand. To heal this Earth, many lifetimes of injustice were served upon the loving to obtain true forgiveness. So in great suffering there is hope for the next time. I often think of Steven and Paul as Steven was stoned while Paul held the coats of everyone, and how did Steven hold back the human side upon his death. I get that when he refused to do evil for evil, his power was multiplied as divine energy. So in life and death we have the power to choose.

Love and Light!!!  

Paul Joseph
Posted 9/2/2010 5:45 AM (#20378 - in reply to #20377)

PhD Alumni

Wonderful words of wisdom Foxfires
FoxFires
Posted 9/2/2010 9:59 AM (#20380 - in reply to #20373)

Alumni

Linda,

One of my distance friends who does a lot of public functions and dance instruction emailed me last night asking about a person from Meet-Up who was a spam-mer trying to sell a gym membership. This person had contacted her 3 times by email. Her bubble did not burst though, just her patience with him.

Love and Light!!!

Ophiucus
Posted 9/6/2010 5:26 PM (#20404 - in reply to #20380)

Forum Administrator

Well, is it not a kind of paradox, that 'local', is even here and now?

The locality thing, is a mere geographic diversion, and/or illusion, that is actually helpful and necessary, though yet too

can obscure the Voice of the Heart ?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software