University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Psychic Reads
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

FoxFires
Posted 11/6/2011 2:00 PM (#22524 - in reply to #22516)
Subject: RE: Psychic Reads

Alumni

Kelly

I will deffer to:

Psychic Skills
Written by Christine Breese D.D., Ph.D. & Margaret Branch © 2005 University Of Metaphysical Sciences

Divination Systems
Written by Nicole Yalsovac
Additional sections contributed by Sean Michael Smith and Christine Breese, D.D. Ph.D. ©2005 University Of Metaphysical Sciences

Both of these Bachelors level course material doccuments do a much better job explaining this than I could ever do, so I recomend these to explain this.

Thanks Soo Much

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 11/6/2011 4:31 PM (#22526 - in reply to #19904)

PhD Alumni

Hello Kelly,

We may have spoken on the phone before. Not sure... but i love seeing ya here. (wink)

I will jump in and give my own words to what I think a psychic reading is:

Information given from the use of our senses, to help someone else, or ease their mind, or remind them of what they already knew or forgot.... perhaps help make one aware of their own intuition, senses, etc.

It can be done with any one or all the senses, as well as with forms of divination, or none at all.
Most of these are done using one or more of the 5 clairs.... which i won't go into right now... because well.... i am exhausted at the moment. (Just got back from a visit to ER).

YEP, this little lady took a nice little spill last night while carrying heavy speakers and landed straight on my tail bone. Leaving me in so much pain today, that I had to go for an injection of anti-inflammatory med. (I cannot take the pill form).

It would have been nice to get a psychic hunch prior to attempting to carry not one, but TWO speakers. DIR! Perhaps that is when I should have used "common sense" which i call, "uncommon sense", since we rarely see it anymore in our general society. I certainly forgot about that one last night. HA HA HA

No permanent damage.... but now from being clumsy, i will have to tolerate some pain for about three to four weeks.

Well, cannot sit long... eek... lol.... Will break out the iPad on the couch or something. ha ha

Enjoy and HUGS

mruppert
Posted 11/6/2011 6:50 PM (#22527 - in reply to #22518)

Expert

Hello Ophiucus Moderatorius.....

No slight or insult was ever meant to anyone involved.

It is just that in my feeble and, perhaps, wrongheaded mind this type of solicitation should have remained in the student section so that only students could be involved.

I look at all aspects of things...even those that may not occur or concern some at the moment.

Since we are in the public area, there is a chance that a new person might construe what is done here as being somehow representative of UMS; the work product of a UMS student; the definitive insight of a graduate of UMS, and so on.

UMS has no editorial view or control of the content. UMS has no idea of how the content is being used with regard to the purveyor and end recipient. I believe that fact, in and of itself, excludes it from the public area and relegates it to the student section....as it was originally claimed to be "practice" and would be very welcome to past, present and future students to compare, contrast and complement collective experience in that particular forum. 

Several times it has been pointed out that there is no charge for the service that is rendered. In my mind, it is still a solicitation to render a service, that requires an acceptance, and promises a result. What if the result is less than satisfactory to the acceptor? What impression does that leave a potential student or any other with an interest in UMS?

Please let me restate that no ill will is aimed at anyone....regardless of whether responses to this thread were deemed inappropriate simply because the response declined an offered service....no one should feel "impelled" to accept just to be part of this discussion board. No one should be "compelled" to post to "prove" themselves. No one should have to  justify the frequency of his or her posts to demonstrate interest, commitment, concern, or dedication to our community or our higher purpose.

Peace and Rodney King to all,

PsychoMarty, Luckylee, Poppyhead

Supernatural3
Posted 11/6/2011 11:25 PM (#22531 - in reply to #19904)

PhD Alumni

Perhaps we can have TWO.... one here, where no details are really left on the public portion... then one more in the student section, where more questions or other input can be enjoyed safely? Maybe even beginners getting practice with feedback. I would be game for that, if you all are too. ???

So, does that sound good? I would like a good solution that pleases everyone or the most we can....
HUGS
Ophiucus
Posted 11/7/2011 4:34 AM (#22535 - in reply to #22531)

Forum Administrator

Thanks Marty - what you say was exactly why I posted.

As Supernatural indicates, there are pros, cons, wherefores and maybes in any Board postings ... let's reflect a little more ...

I was also concerned that the Discussion Board itself has rules and mores, that all who post here are implicitly bound by; to then create sub-niches of sub-rule subsets depending on a thread that one sets going, seems to me to have the potential for placing oneself in a split off position.

ps, so sorry to hear of your spill, S
get well soon
FoxFires
Posted 11/7/2011 10:41 AM (#22541 - in reply to #22527)

Alumni

mruppert - 11/6/2011 5:50 PM

Hello Ophiucus Moderatorius.....

No slight or insult was ever meant to anyone involved.

It is just that in my feeble and, perhaps, wrongheaded mind this type of solicitation should have remained in the student section so that only students could be involved.

I look at all aspects of things...even those that may not occur or concern some at the moment.

Since we are in the public area, there is a chance that a new person might construe what is done here as being somehow representative of UMS; the work product of a UMS student; the definitive insight of a graduate of UMS, and so on.

UMS has no editorial view or control of the content. UMS has no idea of how the content is being used with regard to the purveyor and end recipient. I believe that fact, in and of itself, excludes it from the public area and relegates it to the student section....as it was originally claimed to be "practice" and would be very welcome to past, present and future students to compare, contrast and complement collective experience in that particular forum. 

Several times it has been pointed out that there is no charge for the service that is rendered. In my mind, it is still a solicitation to render a service, that requires an acceptance, and promises a result. What if the result is less than satisfactory to the acceptor? What impression does that leave a potential student or any other with an interest in UMS?

Please let me restate that no ill will is aimed at anyone....regardless of whether responses to this thread were deemed inappropriate simply because the response declined an offered service....no one should feel "impelled" to accept just to be part of this discussion board. No one should be "compelled" to post to "prove" themselves. No one should have to  justify the frequency of his or her posts to demonstrate interest, commitment, concern, or dedication to our community or our higher purpose.

Peace and Rodney King to all,

PsychoMarty, Luckylee, Poppyhead

Thanks For Weighing in And Showing us the True Way, to Appear

Paul Joseph
Posted 11/7/2011 4:20 PM (#22545 - in reply to #19904)

PhD Alumni

Hi Marty

If I was to log on to the Board, knowing nothing about UMS, and saw Psychic Reads, I might think, 'wow, is that something UMS is offering'? Hence, as I have thought since seeing the development of this thread, I too am concerned about it, was slightly relieved when it transferred to the student only section, then since its reappearance here, have kind of been tearing my hair out as to what it is doing here, and what it might evoke, and all manner of questions akin to what you so very well put.

I am not sure why Foxfires has now resorted to posting in purple, but I imagine we might be told.

My view is that a thread like this is not well placed in a 'discussion board' [sic], but if someone feels a calling to offer such things, then a web site of one's own could be could. As it is here, I feel very strongly that it is appearing under the mantle of the UMS, and is thus implicitly condoned by them.

Disa
Posted 11/7/2011 5:06 PM (#22549 - in reply to #19904)

Alumni

Jill, so sorry to hear about your fall xxx

Supernatural3
Posted 11/7/2011 5:12 PM (#22551 - in reply to #19904)

PhD Alumni

hello, and Thanks for the healing words.... seems i am a tad bit sore, but doing well. Have to go to docs yet again, cause now i have a fever. Grrrrrr, just may be flu season. I will be just fine.... my humor side is coming back to me. LOL

HUGS
FoxFires
Posted 11/8/2011 12:04 PM (#22572 - in reply to #22551)

Alumni

Hang in there Jill!!!

Sending Love and Light!!!

FoxFires
Posted 11/9/2011 3:43 PM (#22586 - in reply to #22551)

Alumni

Jill,

I just finished my Reiki Masters Initiation and became a Reiki Master, let me know if you want me to send Love and Light your way, This is not a solicitation and is nothing to do with any UMS activities, more like prayer in a focused concentration

Tonya,

I have been instructed not to do psychic reads on the UMS forum any more, so I have to withdraw my offer, and say I am sorry I let you down and did not provide as I promised, there were circumstances that made this happen, that were beyond my control

Love and Light

mruppert
Posted 11/9/2011 7:33 PM (#22587 - in reply to #22535)

Expert

Hello again Oph.....
      I still assert the things I said in post 22527 as being worthy of consideration.
      Unfortunately, I must now state another reason. And, as a reminder, I tried to make it clear that my objections were not about a person or persons..my objections were about the nature of the post and how the post and its participants are being independently, and privately moderated by other than an official representative of UMS, up to and including the imposition of requirements concerning posting and posting frequency.
      My other reason will be expressed to you as a private message as I do not want to have anyone else affected by this any longer.

Pax Vobiscum,
PyschoMarty and Legal Beagles who are Cats instead
FoxFires
Posted 11/12/2011 10:49 AM (#22608 - in reply to #22587)

Alumni

An atheist professor of a university challenged his students with this question. "Did God create everything that exists?" A student answered bravely, "Yes, he did".

The professor then asked, "If God created everything, then he created evil. Since evil exists (as noticed by our own actions), so God is evil. The student couldn't respond to that statement causing the professor to conclude that he had "proved" that "belief in God" was a fairy tale, and therefore worthless.

Another student raised his hand and asked the professor, "May I pose a question? " "Of course" answered the professor.

The young student stood up and asked : "Professor does Cold exists?"

The professor answered, "What kind of question is that? ...Of course the cold exists... haven't you ever been cold?"

The young student answered, "In fact sir, Cold does not exist. According to the laws of Physics, what we consider cold, in fact is the absence of heat. Anything is able to be studied as long as it transmits energy (heat). Absolute Zero is the total absence of heat, but cold does not exist. What we have done is create a term to describe how we feel if we don't have body heat or we are not hot."

"And, does Dark exist?", he continued. The professor answered "Of course". This time the student responded, "Again you're wrong, Sir. Darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in fact simply the absence of light. Light can be studied, darkness can not. Darkness cannot be broken down. A simple ray of light tears the darkness and illuminates the surface where the light beam finishes. Dark is a term that we humans have created to describe what happens when there's lack of light."

Finally, the student asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?" The professor replied, "Of course it exists, as I mentioned at the beginning, we see violations, crimes and violence anywhere in the world, and those things are evil."

The student responded, "Sir, Evil does not exist. Just as in the previous cases, Evil is a term which man has created to describe the result of the absence of God's presence in the hearts of man."

After this, the professor bowed down his head, and didn't answer back.

The young man's name was ALBERT EINSTEIN. http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/religion/a/einstein_god.htm

FoxFires
Posted 11/13/2011 9:18 AM (#22610 - in reply to #22608)

Alumni

Collected Quotes from Albert Einstein

• "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
  • "Imagination is more important than knowledge."
  • "Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
  • "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
  • "The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax."
  • "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
  • "The only real valuable thing is intuition."
  • "A person starts to live when he can live outside himself."
  • "I am convinced that He (God) does not play dice."
  • "God is subtle but he is not malicious."
  • "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."
  • "I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
  • "The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility."
  • "Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing."
  • "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
  • "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
  • "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
  • "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
  • "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
  • "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it."
  • "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
  • "The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."
  • "God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically."
  • "The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking."
  • "Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."
  • "Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
  • "The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible."
  • "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
  • "Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
  • "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
  • "Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater."
  • "Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity."
  • "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."
  • "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
  • "As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."
  • "Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."
  • "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
  • "In order to form an immaculate member of a flock of sheep one must, above all, be a sheep."
  • "The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
  • "Too many of us look upon Americans as dollar chasers. This is a cruel libel, even if it is reiterated thoughtlessly by the Americans themselves."
  • "Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"
  • "No, this trick won't work...How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
  • "My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind."
  • "Yes, we have to divide up our time like that, between our politics and our equations. But to me our equations are far more important, for politics are only a matter of present concern. A mathematical equation stands forever."
  • "The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker."
  • "Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."
  • "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
  • "A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeeded be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."
  • "The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
  • "Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."
  • "You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."
  • "One had to cram all this stuff into one's mind for the examinations, whether one liked it or not. This coercion had such a deterring effect on me that, after I had passed the final examination, I found the consideration of any scientific problems distasteful to me for an entire year."
  • "...one of the strongest motives that lead men to art and science is escape from everyday life with its painful crudity and hopeless dreariness, from the fetters of one's own ever-shifting desires. A finely tempered nature longs to escape from the personal life into the world of objective perception and thought."
  • "He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."
  • "A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
  • "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Copyright: Kevin Harris 1995 (may be freely distributed with this acknowledgement)

Ophiucus
Posted 11/13/2011 12:09 PM (#22613 - in reply to #19904)

Forum Administrator

Hi Foxfires

Not sure where the aspect of a discussion you may wish to have is in your voluminous copied and pasted extracts from Einstein; though the first of your extracts might indicate something of the tension in the duality/non-duality struggle.

Kind regards

Ophiucus
leo
Posted 11/13/2011 12:10 PM (#22615 - in reply to #22610)

Ph.D. Alumni

While Kevin's list is lengthy there are 2 more (and probably more than that) that are amoung my favorites:

?When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

?The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

Einstein
Ophiucus
Posted 11/13/2011 12:15 PM (#22618 - in reply to #22615)

Forum Administrator

Ha - well then, though too - is there not an aspect of Metaphysics where everything is happening at once [and everywhere]? And Eternity is indeed in each passing nano-second - no?

Namaste

O
Paul Joseph
Posted 11/13/2011 12:18 PM (#22619 - in reply to #22618)

PhD Alumni

Evening from the UK Ophiucus - William Blake said something similar did he not?

Namaste

Paul

ps, didn't Einstein have something to do with the atom bomb?
leo
Posted 11/13/2011 12:48 PM (#22621 - in reply to #22618)

Ph.D. Alumni

Well now, because of our linear time, there is only the appearance of things happening sequentially.

Since we or I should say FF and I are quoting Einstein, he also stated that, "There is no logical way to the discovery of these elemental laws. There is only the way of intuition, which is helped by a feeling for the order lying behind the appearance."

Although now it may appear that Einstein's General Theory may be proven, at least partially wrong. At the CERN lab near Geneva, says that a neutrino beam shot out of a particle accelerator took off at 60 nano seconds faster than the speed of light. Only recently has there been discovered hints of behaviors of certain elementary particles of matter that won't fit into Einsteins theory. Quantum physics strikes again.

Leo
FoxFires
Posted 11/13/2011 2:31 PM (#22624 - in reply to #22613)

Alumni

Op,

You are very wise, and yes there is always duality to life, as every thing has two sides or more!

Thanks

FoxFires
Posted 11/13/2011 2:35 PM (#22626 - in reply to #22618)

Alumni

Yes Op,

Nano second AKA 10 to the minus ninth power for the time of a second!

And very quick too LOL Yes!

Thanks

FoxFires
Posted 11/13/2011 2:38 PM (#22627 - in reply to #22615)

Alumni

Leo,

Yeah and puts new meaning to flame broiled whopper, Owie LOL

Love and Light

FoxFires
Posted 11/13/2011 2:41 PM (#22628 - in reply to #22619)

Alumni

Paul,

Yeah, but we hopefully are not delivering these any more with or with gift wrapping and the light show

Namaste

FoxFires
Posted 11/13/2011 3:01 PM (#22629 - in reply to #22621)

Alumni

Dear Leo,

Please remember that Einstein's slide ruler got us what needed to be done at the time, if no uncharted territory was left after Einstein, why bother to enter a field where every problem has been solved... So there are particles and behaviors that will always have irregularities, with difficult to project behaviors.... In other words, we have to welcome the unforeseen, and previously undocumented features...

We used to test computer systems, and we were never allowed to tell the programmers that the program was broken,,, It was sort of we are just there to test the software and hardware compatability... When things went wrong, it was a previously undocumented feature, for the system, and it had not been accounted for yet... Yeah LOL....

So Einsteins theory may be superseded again, but Einstein never claimed to be right about everything, as if we look at a test, just the sampling or watching the test can alter the outcome....

Love and Light

leo
Posted 11/13/2011 4:13 PM (#22630 - in reply to #22629)

Ph.D. Alumni

FF

I totally agree. A book I've read by Tom Campbell wherein he states that Einstein got right up to the door but never got it opened. The door is being opened and without Einstein, the door may not have been found. His work was critical to where we are now. I'm certainly not taking anything away from Albert.

Currently Dean Radin Ph.D. (IONS chief scientist) is doing a double slit experiment on the internet. Using IONS staff members to initally start. The idea is to see if conscious intent can skew the tests results for each individual. I'm certain theres more to it but using the internet is really cool.

Namaste
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software