University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bring Me the Head of Tony Hayward!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mruppert
Posted 6/8/2010 8:21 PM (#19520)
Subject: Bring Me the Head of Tony Hayward!

Expert

Many are calling for the resignation of Tony Hayward, CEO of BP. He is getting roasted in the press and threatened by the leader of a very powerful nation.
    Many are calling for the destruction of BP as retribution.

I cannot adequately express my pain and anger over the damage being done minute by minute by the uncontrolled gushing of oil into the Gulf of Mexico. I sincerely doubt that many understand the multi-nature and long term extent of this disaster. I want it to STOP!

However, on the other hand, I think that threatening Mr. Hayward and BP in the language currently being used is as bad as telling the faithful to kill Salman Rushdie because he wrote a book (which was not that great)  that was a tad unkind towards Islam. I also think that to seek retribution by annihilation of BP is a narrow view. BP is one of the largest companies in Britain. There are a lot of pension funds that rely on the health of BP. I don't think causing these people pain and suffering is the proper retribution.
     I think putting in some new joker as CEO would make matters ten fold worse. This happened on Mr. Hayward's watch, and Mr. Hayward is in the best position to guide his company through this crisis. He has pledged to make things right, and, by Jove, he will.....he has no choice but to. Perhaps he will do all the right things and all the best things and become a hero, quite unlike most American CEO's who are neither heroes nor good CEO's.
     More importantly, we need to look at how a foreign company sneaked into the Gulf of Mexico (American territorial waters) and starting drilling for oil. Of course they didn't! The government KNEW exactly what was going on or not going on every step of the way. We need to start accessing blame on ourselves.....our servants who should have been doing their jobs were doing nothing. And, some were up to nefarious deeds! This happens because we divorce ourselves from the government and treat it like some alien entity. Folks, I have said this in many other posts, the government is YOU AND ME! Those wanna be movie stars and demigods have got to go!!! That also includes the lady who knows less about mama grizzlies than this kid from Brooklyn.

Peace and Passion,
Marty and the DemoCATic Party, Lucky, Popy and Sizzy

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 6/18/2010 7:49 PM (#19532 - in reply to #19520)
Subject: RE: Bring Me the Head of Tony Hayward!

PhD Alumni

I think it's horrible. BP should have to pay for the lost oil, replace it and clean up the mess, including the poor animals and life, suffering. They should be held responsible for the entire mess. I mean, if I wreck into my neighbors car, it's up to me to have to call my insurance, to make sure they get a new car, or the old one fixed as if nothing ever happened. Why should it be any different for anyone else?Make it FAIR! make a mess.... clean it up. If it costs the company to close... tough crap. Get a job at wal-mart Mr. President.
Paul Joseph
Posted 6/19/2010 9:18 AM (#19533 - in reply to #19520)

PhD Alumni

Nothing right about this, but equally, a 'foreign company' ? Are not multi-nationals beyond the nation state? And the USA has had its fair/unfair share of not dissimilar tragic 'accidents'. I think any blame culture needs to take cognizance of Jung's 'Shadow' work and projection defences
mruppert
Posted 6/26/2010 10:14 PM (#19571 - in reply to #19520)

Expert

Right you are Paulio.....it is hard to discuss multinational companies in the US as our perception is BP is British Petroleum. HQ in Britain does not do a thing to dispel that notion.
Exxon, from good old Standard Oil in New Jersey.....hey....maybe that is why the Jersey Shore people's hair is so greasy......oh no.....it is because they are guidos and guidettes.....in my opinion Snookie is NO cookie, she is....never mind.......(back to EXXON) paid a very minor price for a very big tanker spilling oil; the effects of which we still see today. The tanker spill was due to the fact that the Cappim of the boat was drunk....as simple as that!!!!!!!!!
This (BP) disaster was due to the fact that a piece of equipment broke.....as simple as that. BUT, what did those persons that knew about this in the early, salvageable stages do????? NOTHING!
That is why I believe we gotta lay off the tough talk on BP and let them handle this. For it is mighty obvious to me, that our USA folks have not one clue what to do.
It is also very very apparent that there is NO solution. We need to think of how to redirect this oil and quit thinking about stopping it. We need to think about minimizing damage as opposed to reversing it.
Most of all, we need a President who understands this and deals with it, instead of using big words, then vulgar words in speeches that should be retired.

Peace and Petroleum,
Marty and Slick Kitties, Luck, Popp, Siss

P.S. Paul: Jersey Shore is an American tv show that makes Eastenders look like highbrow entertainment. Why anyone would find these people admirable enough to enrich them at his or her own expense is beyond me.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software