University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

magic carpet ride
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

linda j
Posted 5/8/2010 8:00 PM (#19440)
Subject: magic carpet ride

Hello Everyone,

Been working steadily on my dissertation in betwixt and between all the rest of life's demands and feeling a little burned out tonight - my eyes are blurry. I finished my manuscript last night at exactly 12:30 am, sent if off to the publisher via email this morning (love technology)and waved bye bye to ten months of hard work. It's out of my hands now, I did my part, I heeded the calling, stepped up to the plate and did what I was inspired to do as I was inspired to do it so now the rest is up to the universe. Meanwhile that June 15th deadline for submitting my dissertation so I can graduate with my doctorate in Sept quickly went from having six weeks to officially having five weeks as of tomorrow. I'm plugging along but tonight I am taking a well deserved break and going to indulge in a couple of hours of my favorite channel, HGTV for some divine design.

In addition to all the many great things going on in my metaphysical journey I have my first ever website that is currently under construction. I've added the website address to my portfolio (oops, sorry that's the accountant in me), I meant profile even though it is not published yet. I will let you all know when construction is complete so anyone interested can visit me there too. Hope I haven't overstepped the discussion board boundaries.

This is a very exciting time for me and my husband, Leo, as well. We were recalling the day somewhere back in 2007 when I announced to him that I was going on this journey with or without him. Not having a clue where I was going much less where it would take him too he willingly agreed to go along for the ride. Turns out its been a very good thing so far and the future is very promising, something that once eluded me. I shared with Leo earlier that the whole of this experience feels like a magic carpet ride leading to unkown experiences in my life and his life too.

Well, I'm off to the world of design now. Have a very restful night and many blessings to everyone,

Linda
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Zen&AlxM.
Posted 5/9/2010 12:17 AM (#19444 - in reply to #19440)
Subject: RE: magic carpet ride

Student

Goodone Linda, Ride the new wave dude, may it bring you happiness.
peace

Supernatural3
Posted 5/9/2010 1:31 AM (#19445 - in reply to #19440)

PhD Alumni

I bet it feels like a huge weight has been lifted, to get that sent off. I know what that is like.
I accidentally slept away all of Saturday. I started to new medication and it wiped me out. I had lots of dreams though... so in a way, it was my magic carpet ride in a dream realm where I lived all day. The dreams were fabulous. But now... i am awake as can be. I will try to get back on a normal track, sooner. In the meantime, give yourself a bat on the back, with a pampered reward. You deserve it.

I wrote my thesis in two days. It flowed out with ease...
However, my dissertation took me 6 months. I also did it in reverse. LOL I have always been a bit backwards.

HUGS to you~ and enjoy the magic in that ride.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/9/2010 7:52 AM (#19446 - in reply to #19445)

PhD Alumni

Yes, congratulations from me too ... funny, some years ago (cannot remember how many, maybe six years or thereabouts), had a dream of being on a magic carpet - the title of this thread reminded me of it - it was one of those 'wonderful' dreams that sometimes one has, that bring to life the Magic Universe

Blessings

Self
linda j
Posted 5/9/2010 11:40 AM (#19447 - in reply to #19444)

Thanks Zen, so how goes it in the downunder? And yes I am definitly riding the new wave for all its got!!

I get to see the wonder of the universe at night on the beach...

Linda
linda j
Posted 5/9/2010 11:43 AM (#19448 - in reply to #19446)

When you get yourself positioned right it seems that the universe swoops you up and takes you on the ride of your life if you are willing to go into the unknown!!!

Many blessings...

Linda
linda j
Posted 5/9/2010 11:54 AM (#19449 - in reply to #19445)

Hey there sweet spirit friend,

Yes, it is an enourmous load off my shoulders only because the call to such a request is awesome all by itself and the task of stepping up to the plate and completing the requested job is inexplainable. The journey was amazing and I am in awe in all aspects. It's surreal at this point...

Much like you my thesis went quick too but the dissertation is a whole other matter. Dr. Master's dots all the i's and crosses all the t's. In all cases they must be written in MLA format and contain a works cited page per MLA requirements and on and on. However, my fulltime adult college student daughter was so kind as to share a little tip which I further investigated and discovered that once all works have been cited in the body of the dissertation I just hit the works cited page and wella - it appears before my very eyes all completed (Word). You gotta love technology...

Hugs to you too,

Linda
Allen
Posted 5/10/2010 8:42 AM (#19450 - in reply to #19440)

Regular

Linda,

When I read the title to this thread, what came to mind was the words from a song by Stepenwolf from back the 70's "...won't you come with me little girl on a magic carpet ride." Certainly, your Magic Carpet Ride is of a more spiritual nature. Congratulations - The research involved in doing a Graduate Dissertation can be a daunting task.

Allen
linda j
Posted 5/10/2010 4:19 PM (#19453 - in reply to #19440)

Hello Allen ~

I needed to come up for some air...

"Daunting" being the operative word here, but moreso because of the very unexpected June 15th deadline for graduation in Sept. Yesterday (Sunday) officially began week 5 of of the 6wk deadline. Whew! I feel like I am running a marathon... In spite of the deadline its actually going well only because I have been forced to pace myself and because I had my head on straight to begin with - I knew what my topic would be and thankfully had already been engaged in research. It became a matter then of pulling up the rear (not mine of course!) if you will...

The magic carpet ride - very smbolic to me at this time and yes being a baby boomer (and dam proud of it) I'm well aquainted the origin of the magic carpet ride!!!

Thank you so much for your encouragement.

Linda
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software