University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which Mayan Calendar Was It?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

mruppert
Posted 5/8/2010 1:28 AM (#19434)
Subject: Which Mayan Calendar Was It?

Expert

Hi guys:
Can anyone tell me which interpretation of which Mayan calendar is responsible for the 2012 hubbub? I am looking at all the known codexes and Landa's, Forstemann's, and Leon de Rosny's notes and I cannot place it.
I know, I know....run out and buy an "Idiots Guide to 2012" or "2012 for Dummies" but those books are so infuriating. I am hoping that some of us have dug a bit deep into this metaphysical well and can name that tune quickly.

Peace,
Luck, Popp, Siss-primary researchers, and Marty, the typist
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/8/2010 7:19 AM (#19435 - in reply to #19434)
Subject: RE: Which Mayan Calendar Was It?

PhD Alumni

Hi Marty - did you look at the 2012 stuff on the UMS site ?

http://www.umsonline.org/2012/2012-new-paradim-shift-predictions-pr...

Otherwise, try this interesting web-site:

http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/

See you in the Cosmic Alignment x

Edited by Paul Joseph 5/8/2010 7:21 AM
Allen
Posted 5/10/2010 9:53 AM (#19452 - in reply to #19434)

Regular

Mruppert,

It is the B'ak'tun or Myan long count calender that ends on Dec 21, 2012. The Myans had a very sophisticated, multiple calender system.

Long Count subdivisions
1 k'in = 1 day
1 winal = 20 k'in
1 tun = 18 winal
1 k'atun = 20 tun
1 b'ak'tun = 20 k'atun

Hope that helps,

Peace.

Allen

Edited by Allen 5/10/2010 9:56 AM
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/11/2010 5:06 PM (#19456 - in reply to #19452)

PhD Alumni

Interesting too that the Maya discerned the 'dark rift' at the centre of our galaxy before the 'black hole' there was spotted in c. 2002 by our reckoning

which will of course, be in our Earth = Sun = Cosmic Alignment/Equatorial at sunrise, 21/12/12

'Be Seeing You'
Supernatural3
Posted 5/12/2010 1:48 AM (#19460 - in reply to #19434)

PhD Alumni

I don't buy into it. I was just there... I climbed the Mayan Pyramid, and took a long all day tour. It's an extreme poor community and back then, the head honcho had an astrologer to foretell the weather. The head honcho still had to come across as being the all powerful, so he made sacrifices to the Gods, to plenish their farming. They did this by killing their "best of the best" as the sacrifice to the Gods, so they would get rain, predicted by the astrologer privately to the man in charge. That is right... children were then trained to be the best in sport competition, just to be sacrificed to their god. So their food supply would be supple.

That left the not so best, to pro-create.

The fact alone that some calenders had way more days in one year, than another, means the system wasn't all that great, nor was it accurate.

Eventually they learned that killing the winner, still didn't bring rain.... so kill another????

No wonder there weren't many left.

However, I did meet many true Mayans. They were very kind and their food is very good.
They laugh that many truly believe the end of the world is coming.

They simply say... it's the end of a cycle. A new one begins. Just like that...

Everything is cycles.... each day, each moment, each second.... each breathe... until our own cycle is over. Then it's a new spiritual cycle.

No need to complicate it... lets start the new cycle with a spiritual awakening to know that WE ARE In control... always have been. Be what you will....

At least that is my own thought from my experience in the Mayan Villa last month.
HUGS

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/16/2010 12:29 PM (#19474 - in reply to #19434)

PhD Alumni

Maybe human beans need certainties to avoid the uncertain angst of dread: so an end date is maybe preferable to not knowing if, ever, or when.

As John Cleese said in the film, 'Clockwise' (which I would highly commend a viewing of), "It's not the despair, I can cope with the despair: its the hope that is unbearable"

then again, human beans have this need to project off and outwards their/our internal stuff

then again though, there is an odd conflation of Hopi, Toltec, Maya, Vedic, Nostredamic and Archaeological timings (it seems there is some evidence for a mass, virtually instant freezing occurred around 12,500 years ago [I think it was then; maybe it was 26,000: I'll need to re-align my memory cells] all around the world, but far be it from me to complicate matters further ...)

Edited by Paul Joseph 5/16/2010 12:34 PM
leo
Posted 5/19/2010 12:21 PM (#19482 - in reply to #19474)

Ph.D. Alumni

For those of you who have not listened to Abraham-Hicks message about 2012, you really need to. Below is the hyperlink a truly wonderful look into the universal knowledge of Abraham.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOrWHdh59E&feature=related
Supernatural3
Posted 5/21/2010 1:02 AM (#19483 - in reply to #19434)

PhD Alumni

I have always been a fan of Hicks. Thank you for sharing. As always....
DooDah
Posted 5/21/2010 2:10 PM (#19484 - in reply to #19434)

Christine Breese has a free ebook on 2012 if you are looking for inspiring material about 2012, Fearlessness in the 2012 Paradigm Shift at http://www.umsonline.org/2012/2012Pgs/Fearlessness-2012-new-paradig... I got a lot out of that book.

yes, it is infuriating all the fear mongering that's done in the world, but for some reason it's happening because there is a need for a catalyst for change, so in a way it's a good thing that all this is being brought up for people.
DooDah
Posted 5/21/2010 2:12 PM (#19485 - in reply to #19434)

Christine Breese has a free ebook on 2012 if you are looking for inspiring material about 2012, Fearlessness in the 2012 Paradigm Shift at http://www.umsonline.org/2012/2012Pgs/Fearlessness-2012-new-paradig... I got a lot out of that book.

yes, it is infuriating all the fear mongering that's done in the world, but for some reason it's happening because there is a need for a catalyst for change, so in a way it's a good thing that all this is being brought up for people.

Also, check out Terrence McKenna on 2012 stuff, I think it's Timewave Zero, something like that, if you search on youtube. He talks about the I ching and how he charted it, and that it too ends time at 2012 like the Mayan Calendar does, but that it means that time is just different then, not ending, that it goes into a singularity, and what that means and how it would look, no one really knows. Check it out, I found that interesting too.

Aquarius
Posted 5/23/2010 6:53 AM (#19493 - in reply to #19434)
Subject: 2012 and All That

UMS Guest

From ‘The Universal Christ Now Speaks To Us And Our World’ I would like to share with you:

2012 AND ALL THAT

One of the most pernicious and persistent superstitions that has been hanging around for a very long time focuses on the year 2012; it is based on the tale of the Mayan Calendar which ends in that year. This has given rise to a myth that has been and still is exploited by soothsayers of all kinds, who are adorning it with ever wilder and more negative imaginings. To this day, there is much talk that this means that, once again, our world is going to end. Not another one; oh yawn!

In my view, myths of this nature are highly destructive because they are providing the mass media with endless opportunities for feasting on negativity and spreading it. As if there wasn’t far too much of this and the fears caused by it in our world already, the media are irresponsibly doing their best to add as much fuel to fires as they can. If the people involved would only wake up to the fact that we are all responsible for every one of our thoughts, words and actions, and that their efforts are constantly feeding into the stream of negative thinking that is part of humankind’s collective consciousness. Each one of us is an integral part of this pool and any thought that one of us sends out into the Universe affects all of us and also the rest of life.

To those who believe this tale to be true, I say: nothing will happen. Can’t you see why? Because it’s all happening now! I believe that 2012 has been a red herring all along. Anyone who fails to see that the world we have known is disappearing before our own eyes must be blinding themselves to the signs of our time. I am to give you the following information from the most reliable source in the whole of Creation, my inner teacher, who is the true author of all my work:

‘Nothing out of the ordinary is going to happen in 2012. Look around you and see the profound changes that are now taking place in your world. Its evolutionary march forward is unstoppable and progressing well. This will continue in the year 2012 and beyond, the same as it is doing now and the way it has always done. Your world is changing rapidly before your very own eyes. An important part of this is the new President of the USA. He is bringing with him a renewal of hope for your world. He, the same as everybody else, is guided by Me and the Angels. Never doubt that you and your world are resting safely in My loving hands.’

Recommended Reading:
• ‘Man-Made and Natural Disasters’

With love and light,
Aquarius

leo
Posted 5/27/2010 10:02 AM (#19502 - in reply to #19493)
Subject: RE: 2012 and All That

Ph.D. Alumni

Aquarius, Very well stated. I have been told the same thing that you are stating here. When I say that I have been told I mean that it came directly from the spiritual plains. The Master of All Things has said that nothing out of the ordinary will occur. Much like Y2K, panic set in, everything driven by computers would stop, Elevators would stop, airplanes would fall out of the sky etc,etc ad nausium. BTW what did happen? Nothing to speak of, minor glitches at worst. We are only about half way through our educational experience in the spiritual sense.

Sure, there will still be natural events, earthquakes, volcanos, etc as that is the way of the earth. It must spew forth it's internal forces. Much like we humans, we can't hold back the natural occurances of our systems. We injest food we make gasses and we really shouldn't hold back (it's painful) The earth must do the same.

There are basically two Laws in action here 1. The Law Of Attraction and 2. The Law of Cause and Effect. Thoughts do become things, we think things into our reality. I speak from experience as the Law is constant, it affects everyone, no bias, you can't disregard it, it is there and it is real.

I spoke into existence an injury to myself. I said that I didn't want to continue working at my present place of employment, even though I knew that I was supposed to. (another story). Well I fell, ruptured my achillies tendon, I'm now in a cast and can't work. Not exactlly what I had in mind however I'm not working am I? Not an accident!! I spoke it into reality. Now my freedom is limited and will be for at least another 7 to 8 weeks. I once heard that "there are no accidents, just premeditated carelessness". I didn't know just how metaphysical that statement is.

Get a grip on it, thoughts do become things.
DooDah
Posted 6/1/2010 12:42 AM (#19508 - in reply to #19434)

Or will we create catastrophic events with our thoughts, everyone in the world believing something terrible will happen soon, volcanoes, storm, waves, earthquakes, what if it is mass consciousness thought that causes this whole scenario, because all the religions, mayan calendar, all that stuff, is putting it in everybody's minds? And then we create it because everyone fears it will happen, and so it does as a self fulfilling prophecy.

Won't it be such a mind twister if we all find out on the other end that we as a mass consicousenss created the whole thing because some force behind the scenes did a lot of stuff to direct the masses to be its own undoing? Would that be the total mind blower or what? On the other side, the spirits say, well, the powers that be just wanted to see if humanity would just fall into the fear trap, create it's own undoing just because their consicousness was directed to do that, or take their sovereign power of consciousenss back and create what the masses want instead?

I've been thinking about that one, I've been reading Christine's Fearlessness in the 2012 Paradigm Shift book, thought provoking. It's the chapter about how the mass consciousenss has been kinda hijacked into creating stuff it wouldn't have created if not encouraged in that direction, that some on the planet have figured out how to manipulate the mass consciousness, media, religions, economics, everything, so that the masses would create it's own undoing and perish. And that the masses would not create this if they knew their consciousness was powerful enough to create something different, everyone is being led into this trap of thinking, even all the spiritual people, Christians, UFOers, everyone is being encouraged to create some kind of endtime disaster.

Anyway, worth thinking about. If we changed our consciousness output, would the results be different in this reality an dthe future. Maybe it really is just a cycle of the planet, solar system, galaxy, etc, and there is nothing we can do about it, but what if that's not the case? Seth, Jane Roberts, says that weather storms are literally formed from consciousness sometimes.
leo
Posted 6/1/2010 8:36 AM (#19509 - in reply to #19508)

Ph.D. Alumni

Doo Dah, I agree that we can put ourselves in a bad place with thought. As I stated in this thread. I am quite aware of Seth. Read his books and some channeling. I know that there are those who either don't know or don't understand about channeling. However the spiritual planes of existence are there and more and more people in our physical reality are listening. You might believe that I've lost my mind, but I'm about as sane as a humans can be.

Each of us has the ability to have dialog with spiritual entities. We have spiritual powers that we not only don't tap into, we are not even aware of their existence. We are first spirit, created with the same universal material of everthing in the universe. We are all conected because of that consciousness that God created us with. Therefore we communicate without being aware of it. Thats why thoughts become things. We simply think things into existence. If you haven't already read "The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events" you might want to read it. It sound as if you may have because Seth talks about weather and mass events, plane crashes and those types of things.
alpha+omega
Posted 6/2/2010 6:16 AM (#19513 - in reply to #19434)

Veteran

I kinda like spritual3's answer after being there. We simply go to the bottom of the pyramid, and start climbing again. I hope it takes the same time to go down as it does to go up however, and is proportionally as easy!

Terrence McKenna? The Canadian journalist? Kinda sensational, and has been horrifically wrong in his past predictions. Oh well, if The End[TM] can't be sensational, then what can be?

I too have a prediction... There will be an awful lot of t-shirts sold!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software