University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thoughts of Peace
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

leo
Posted 4/1/2010 7:06 PM (#19222 - in reply to #19220)
Subject: RE: Thoughts of Peace

Ph.D. Alumni

Paul, I understand. My concern is the power of thought. Wth so many negative vibes about 2012, and as I've been told, thoughts become things. As seth explains in "The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events". So I feel that we perhaps might counter some of that negativity. I think it's wort a shot.

Thanks for your honesty
Namaste
L
Top of the page Bottom of the page
leo
Posted 4/1/2010 11:50 PM (#19224 - in reply to #19220)

Ph.D. Alumni

Didn't Gandhi also say "Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it." as well as "You must be the change you want to see in the world. "

Paul Joseph
Posted 4/2/2010 7:55 AM (#19225 - in reply to #19224)

PhD Alumni

Exactly Gandhi ... though the change must start with us (each one of us), and he was shot by his own people.

And today is Good Friday, and look what happened there!

As you indicate, the 2012 time can evoke negative or positive vibes. Each second, minute, hour, is in this here and now. Though am fully empathic by the Idea of the collective intent too

Zen&AlxM.
Posted 4/2/2010 8:21 AM (#19228 - in reply to #19104)

Student

theres a good book called the dichotomy i'd reccomend it if i had toes and a nose tackles the biggest taboo around ~ death. i watched the movie clash of the titans good quote from there "i don't fear death ~ death should fear me" ohhaww a powerful thought indeed i dont really know what this thread is about but round and round we go where we stop nobody knows and before i forget myself and marty are eloping

peacepeace<3
Allen
Posted 4/2/2010 11:06 AM (#19229 - in reply to #19217)

Regular

It is not so much about what will happin at the time of the Winter Solstice in 2012 - but rather about events that will take place between now and then. Whether actual events or ones created by mass hysteria, there is a probability of events that will be chaotic and/or detrimental. A peacefull response to these chaotic events between now and 2012, could make this transition easier - indeed, in a positive manner.

I did a Google search "Metaphysics" and "Schools." I got 103,000 hits - many of which are lists (by putting each word in quotes and connecting them "and" gives results that must include both words. Without the quotes, the results would include a list of hits that have the word Metaphysical and that contain the word "School)

A brief letter to some of them (can further refine the search) could give results - particularly if that letter was on the UMS letterhead. Earth Day is a fantastic time for this.

In another post on this thread, "Peace" means different things to different people". Including some suggested thought points in that letter, could help focus the "Thoughts Of Peace".

Edited by Allen 4/2/2010 11:10 AM
Fern
Posted 4/2/2010 2:53 PM (#19230 - in reply to #19104)

New user

Good Friday to all and hope you have a great Easter weekend!
mruppert
Posted 4/2/2010 11:13 PM (#19234 - in reply to #19104)

Expert

Yo Dudes.....
     Cool shades Zenny! I got  mirrors so I can a) pretend I am a state policeman or b) let people see themselves as they try to look into my eyes. I am soooooo bashful!

Seriously, Allen.....I think of peace all the time....but peace does not serve certain situations well.
I try to walk away from things that might prove to be uncomfortable or upsetting. But, sometimes, inclinations are forced upon my tranquility. Some gang-bangers (violence type not sexual type) start giving me the victimization routine, I know they want my money and other personal goods. I grew up as a city kid who was bullied and victimized until I learned "The Secret" and then it all stopped. I will not give anyone my wallet or my belongings...they have to take them which means they could very easily pop me with their little cap pistol.....but it doesn't matter as I am just as deceased as if it were a .357 Mag. BUT....I know and THEY know what a disaster that would be....as I would (in my non-corporeal state) haunt the &^#@ out of them and all of their family in perpetuity.
My sisters and I grew up in a very difficult neighborhood. My sisters generally walk anywhere they want without fear. They have all ready seen, heard and faced the worst of fears.
Allen....based on my life experience, I will not harm any living thing.....but the violence that the average person commits every day is astounding.
My burning question is "just where the heck are their thoughts of peace?"

Pax Vobiscum,
Marty, Lucky, Poppy, Sissy

Allen
Posted 4/3/2010 10:24 AM (#19242 - in reply to #19234)

Regular

Murppert,

Sometimes, in some situations, our only choice is a bad one. But the Law Of Karma is irrefutable. Making bad choices, in a bad situation - or even in a "non-corporeal state" - will come back to haunt us.

I am writing a series of Learning Modules titled "Surviving Adversity While Maintaining Spiritual Integrety." One of the Modules deals directly with the strategy of "Maintaining A Low Profile"

Maintaining A low profile is a strategy that I learned upon my return from Vietnam in 1968. There was a major Antiwar Movement going on - Vietnam Vets were bad guys. Maintaining a low profile is how many Nam Vets survived.

In the "victimization" situation that you describe, maintaining a low profile might not work - but generally, such a strategy keeps the times when "...inclinations are forced upon my tranquility" to an absolute minimum.

Peace

Allen
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/3/2010 12:25 PM (#19248 - in reply to #19229)

PhD Alumni

Dear Zen - I am in two minds about dichotomies ...

Dear Allen - yes, though I suspect UMS came fairly early in the provenance ... we have discussed here before how ancient truths used to be kept secret, for the initiates ... in more recent times, the suggestions are that as we approach the Kali Yuga, or the transformation times, or 2012, or the Sixth Sun, or whatever/however we visualize Transformation, that secret, powerful knowledge, cannot be kept hidden any more, so everything must spill out, be given out, as a way of ensuring that no opportunity for enlightenment is lost.

I first read of the above idea in Rene Guenon's, 'The Reign of Quantity and the Signs of the Times' which, interestingly enough, predates contemporary 'New Age' thought by around 30 years, it being published in (I think, from memory, could be corrected), 1947 [possibly slightly later, 1950+] ....

From my reading/interpretation/sense, whatever, I am not convinced that Transformation is a communal event, aka 'The Rapture', or similar. If only because, Transformation must, I feel anyway, be a personal event of one's own heart. We can do things together, but ultimately, our choice is one's own.

ps, Guenon was an adherent of the Perennial Philosophy. i know I am quoting, btw, but that is mainly to ensure that I am attributing sources, in also, expressing my own views.

Edited by Paul Joseph 4/3/2010 12:26 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/4/2010 1:52 PM (#19266 - in reply to #19222)

PhD Alumni

From the Power of Prayer thread (please forgive the cross posting

If I can work out the technology, I will cut and paste this over onto the 'Peace' thread, : you will see why !

A light suddenly opened in my mind, just now, and it occurred to me that - I do not think we have done this here before - we could use Prayer, as a form of intercession, in our huge collective mentality/spirituality (as Friend and Brother Leo has discerned), not necessarily for 'peace', as an 'abstract' concept, but for whatever might be concerning is on the world stage at any given moment. Especially, I might suggest, for under-reported, or indeed, unreported, events (so long as , and here we go, see, how I immediately start to introduce a possibly unnecessary 'rule'!!!!). For example, and this is that which I shall now hold focus for this moment and others here are welcome to join in, or not, or add there, as we say in the UK, 'two-pennuth' (two-cents, small change, etc):

Yesterday on the news, and not seen note of since, I saw reported a landslide just outside Lima, Peru: Many were killed, reports still sketchy.

So now, at this moment, instant, I pray, hold i my mind, before the Light: those in that area so affected, or not in that area but equally possibly affected (concern for relatives, friends, love ones, etc):

Holding Lima, Peru, in the Light:

Namaste

(and as each different second of time wears on, so might other candles be added, for other constituencies, eg,

child slaves in Africa making chocolate,

soldiers dying in wars fought for the best causes,

etc, etc)

May the Love of the Divine be with them all, burning more brightly for them, for their sacrifices x
Allen
Posted 4/5/2010 10:33 AM (#19272 - in reply to #19266)

Regular

Paul Joseph - 4/4/2010 1:52 PM

... we could use Prayer, as a form of intercession, in our huge collective mentality/spirituality (as Friend and Brother Leo has discerned), not necessarily for 'peace', as an 'abstract' concept, but for whatever might be concerning is on the world stage at any given moment....

Paul,

As is often the case in language and communication, semantics creates confusion. Thank you. You do have a rare ability to bring clarity to a discussion.

If even some people on this board set a time for prayer on Earth Day (April 22) - we will accomplish wonders. If we can get others to join us - even better. (Thanks to Leo for his support).

Allen
leo
Posted 4/5/2010 7:57 PM (#19276 - in reply to #19272)

Ph.D. Alumni

Allen, The reason that I have a connection with Earth Day is that I am A Taurus, a very earthy sign. Born April 21st I'm on the cusp but believe me when I tell you that I am a Taurus. I'm stubborn, actually I simply want to get things done, and it's that steady, dogged persistence that winds up being viewed as stubbornness.

I have a few days off begining Wednesday, so I plan to look into as many blogs and web sites for metaphysics as possible. Let them know the plan for thoughts of peace, not just peace and quiet but world peace. At a minimum try to squash as many negaitve thoughts as possible. It certainly couldn't hurt anything. As you stated, it is really more about the months leading up to 2012 that is the issue.

Paul Joseph
Posted 4/6/2010 12:33 PM (#19279 - in reply to #19276)

PhD Alumni

That's a nice comment of yours Allen, thank you.

Paradoxical though as it is .... Earth Day: maybe we should have Light Day, or a Heaven Day, or a Heaven Here on Earth Now Day, or a Heaven is Within Us All Day ...

Namaste x
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/6/2010 12:33 PM (#19280 - in reply to #19276)

PhD Alumni

That's a nice comment of yours Allen, thank you.

Paradoxical though as it is .... Earth Day: maybe we should have Light Day, or a Heaven Day, or a Heaven Here on Earth Now Day, or a Heaven is Within Us All Day ...

Namaste x
leo
Posted 4/11/2010 10:17 AM (#19294 - in reply to #19279)

Ph.D. Alumni

Dear Brother/friend Paul, Perhaps all of those things could be incorporated into a single word. Love is the word that has been mentioned many times. As sister Aquarius stated in another thread, Love is the primary theme that runs throughtout the universe. Since we are all brothers and sisters in as much as we were all created by the creator through his consciousness, we are truly of one aspect. Our own cells communicate with each other, subatomic particles communicate with each other at speeds greater than the speed of light (which Einstein said could not be possible).

No matter what word we choose, whether that be thought or prayer, it all gets through to everything with consciousness. It may not be discerened or acted upon by all but the spirit receives the message. As I stated before, the spirit and the mind/ego are not always on the same sheet of music. In fact if it were, there would be far greater peace, light, heaven on earth or heaven within us.

If one wishes to pray or to think, that prayer or thought will go out to the universe and vibrate. Those vibrations will return through the laws of attraction "AS Above, So Below".

Just a positive thought
Love, peace and light to all
Allen
Posted 4/12/2010 12:23 PM (#19302 - in reply to #19294)

Regular

Leo,

Excellent.

(By the way, I have been off-line for a few days - computer got the flu. I had to reformat the hard drive, reload the operating system and then all of the software. Guess I need a thicker firewall.)

If people on other boards, or other people on this board want to contribute to a group prayer/thought that is good. The more people who simultaneously send out thoughts of peace to the Universe, the stronger the effect. Basically, besides getting as many participants as possible, iswe need to set a time.

Allen
Louise
Posted 4/12/2010 5:21 PM (#19309 - in reply to #19220)

UMS Student

My thoughts: love and peace is a word we use to describe the essence of who we are - stillness. Yet - here this stillness has expanded so that we experience ourselves. Love and peace - and prayer as a medium for deliving our intent, is nothing without action. Love isn't convenient or easy - to experience something that we know unsettles the core of who we are is a calling to create change. In our authenticity, we must act in a way that we are called. This may be prayer. This may be leadership. This maybe communicating and expressing. There is a place for prayer, and collectively there will be a group within humnity that serves this purpose. Yet it takes many types of people to create a whole..

In favour of love, peace, and action in ways we are called...

Louise
Louise
Posted 4/12/2010 5:21 PM (#19310 - in reply to #19220)

UMS Student

My thoughts: love and peace is a word we use to describe the essence of who we are - stillness. Yet - here this stillness has expanded so that we experience ourselves. Love and peace - and prayer as a medium for deliving our intent, is nothing without action. Love isn't convenient or easy - to experience something that we know unsettles the core of who we are is a calling to create change. In our authenticity, we must act in a way that we are called. This may be prayer. This may be leadership. This maybe communicating and expressing. There is a place for prayer, and collectively there will be a group within humanity that serves this purpose. Yet it takes many types of people to create a whole..

In favour of love, peace, and action in ways we are called...

Louise
leo
Posted 4/13/2010 4:27 PM (#19313 - in reply to #19302)

Ph.D. Alumni

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=4&day=22...

This hyperlink is set at 8:00 am New york time and gives the time for many other locations. I believe this would be the time for all to think/pray for love and peace throughout the world on April 22 Earth day. We need as many as possible to share in this time.
Namaste
Allen
Posted 4/14/2010 11:59 AM (#19318 - in reply to #19313)

Regular

Leo,

Eight AM, EDT. A good time for Thoughts Of Peace. Thanks. I will inform other Metaphysical sites. To quote (loosely) The Buddha, the longest journey begins with the first step. Perhaps by Earth Day 2011 we will have a growing tradition.

Allen
leo
Posted 4/14/2010 6:04 PM (#19319 - in reply to #19318)

Ph.D. Alumni

Allen, I tried to make the time reasonable for most on the forum. In London at 1:00 pm and in most of Australia at 10:00 pm. Others only need to follow the link to find out at what time in their location is 8 am in New York or U.S. eastern time. On the west coast it's 3 hours earlier, which would make it 5 am. Not easy to get everyone a good time to pray or think of world peace.

Just a little over a week should give most time to be ready for the moment. As my spiritual mentor says one times one times one. One step at a time will get us further than one forward two back.

Namaste
Allen
Posted 4/15/2010 10:00 AM (#19320 - in reply to #19319)

Regular

Leo,

You have a wise Spiritual Advisor.

Allen
Manuela
Posted 4/15/2010 5:19 PM (#19321 - in reply to #19104)

New user

Hi everyone,
I'm new here, first post!
I've been looking for a group of people that share the same thoughts as me
concerning the new phase we will all be entering in the near future. Your posts are very inspiring
and at this moment there's nothing more important than having us all coming together and sharing
positive thoughts. I find it interesting that the future events of our planet are bringing people together for the group mediation/payer
since the development of this shared positive energy and universal love is the primary objective of the changes we'll experience.

mruppert
Posted 4/15/2010 8:48 PM (#19322 - in reply to #19104)

Expert

Hello and welcome to you Manuela!!

And.....the birds in the trees seem to whisper Louise...nice to see you again.

L&A: Go for it! Hip hip hooray Earth Day!!!  I wonder if Moby'sgonna make the scene, maybe he'll reprise "Whispering Wind" (Earth Day2000).
I'll pick up the slack for the other 364 days.

Terra and Firma,
Marty and Interstellar Cats, Lucky, Poppy, Sissy
leo
Posted 4/16/2010 12:17 AM (#19323 - in reply to #19321)

Ph.D. Alumni

Hello Manuela and welcome to the UMS forum. I appreciate your support in this somewhat quickly planned Earth day event. The goal is to have as many as possible involved in this experience. The idea is to have everyone having thought or prayer for love/peace at the same time. I posted a hyperlink so that those not on EST could determine what time in their particular time zone would correspond to 8am New York time.

It's not exactly easy as we have students, alumni and guests from around the globe.

Thanks again for your support
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software