University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thoughts of Peace
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Allen
Posted 3/21/2010 10:39 AM (#19104)
Subject: Thoughts of Peace

Regular

A quote from The Divine Matrix pg 143 - "we affect other people, our surroundings, and our world simply by our presence."

How much could we change the world if in our presence we all - individually and collectively - thought of Peace?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpha+omega
Posted 3/22/2010 2:45 AM (#19111 - in reply to #19104)
Subject: RE: Thoughts of Peace

Veteran

If they could make money off of it, this would be the most serene place in the galaxy.
Supernatural3
Posted 3/22/2010 9:54 AM (#19114 - in reply to #19104)

PhD Alumni

Yes, I agree....We need more people using thoughts of peace. I'm in!

BTW, I noticed your signature of "Om Mani Pad Me Hum" very well.

Paul Joseph
Posted 3/22/2010 10:24 AM (#19118 - in reply to #19114)

PhD Alumni

May have posted this before .... if so, apologies ... but .... 'Peace', from King Crimson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44pKDSQ3Jiw&feature=related
Allen
Posted 3/23/2010 10:03 AM (#19127 - in reply to #19111)

Regular

alpha+omega - 3/22/2010 2:45 AM

If they could make money off of it, this would be the most serene place in the galaxy.

alpha_omega:

Thirty years ago, I was a Grad Student in the Evnironmental Education program at Michigan State University. One of the instructors told us, "When we figure out a way to make the Environment a part of the economy, then we will have a better Planet to live on."

Today we have the Green Movement. The Environment is fast-becomming a major part of the Wrold Economy.

Perhaps, with enough "Thoughts of Peace" now, we will have a "serene" place to live in the future.
Allen
Posted 3/23/2010 10:12 AM (#19128 - in reply to #19118)

Regular

Paul Joseph - 3/22/2010 10:24 AM

May have posted this before .... if so, apologies ... but .... 'Peace', from King Crimson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44pKDSQ3Jiw&feature=related

Paul Joseph;

Now that takes me back to a different place in time - back to "The Court Of The Crimsion King".

Thanks.

Allen

Edited by Allen 3/23/2010 10:15 AM
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/24/2010 6:29 PM (#19137 - in reply to #19128)

PhD Alumni

Ever in the Wake of Poseidon, my man Allen .... or Cadencing with Cascade, just call me, 21st Century Schizoid Man .... you know the tune, -
Allen
Posted 3/26/2010 11:20 AM (#19160 - in reply to #19137)

Regular

Paul Joseph - 3/24/2010 6:29 PM

Ever in the Wake of Poseidon, my man Allen .... or Cadencing with Cascade, just call me, 21st Century Schizoid Man .... you know the tune, -

Paul

Indeed, I do.

Allen
Allen
Posted 3/26/2010 11:25 AM (#19161 - in reply to #19114)

Regular

Supernatural3 - 3/22/2010 9:54 AM

Yes, I agree....We need more people using thoughts of peace. I'm in!

BTW, I noticed your signature of "Om Mani Pad Me Hum" very well.

Supernatual3,

The contributors to this board are from very diverse locations. Would it even be possible to set up a time for a group-thoughts-of-piece?

Just wondering,

Allen
Zen&AlxM.
Posted 3/28/2010 12:24 AM (#19181 - in reply to #19104)

Student

what if what what if? every question leads to three answers which lead to three more questions what if what if but what if?????
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/28/2010 6:59 AM (#19185 - in reply to #19161)

PhD Alumni

We did a similar thing once, could again no doubt
leo
Posted 3/28/2010 4:23 PM (#19193 - in reply to #19161)

Ph.D. Alumni

Allen, You mention if it would be possible to set up a group to think about peace. Something akin to this has been done. From the book "Rising out of Chaos" he talks about the first real sign of worldwide human consciousness was on August 16,17 & 18, 1987 and it became what was kown as Harmonic Convergence. Hundreds of thousands of people from several countries participated in a globally co-ordinated link-up of human consciousness. Since that time there have been many inexplicable changes.

This event was scheduled to coincide with the Mayan great cycle. It was to start the 25 year countdown to 2012. It was also a Hopi American Indian prophecy that the 144,000 Sun Dance enlightened teachers woud totally awaken in their dream mind-bodies to help the rest of humanity to dance their dream awake.
(taken from "Rising out of Chaos" Simon Fuller)

So Allen is it possible to set up a universal time of "peace thoughts"? I believe it could be done. As I have read "I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18:19-20

Now, I'm not saying that I believe every word of the bible. I do believe that Jesus was a metaphysician and he spoke in metaphysical terms. I have also read that there is significant power when like minded people are joined together. Are you up for this daunting task? You asked

I'd be willing to help, think about it
Namaste

Zen&AlxM.
Posted 3/29/2010 9:18 AM (#19198 - in reply to #19104)

Student

leo leo leo my dear sweet palleo ~ you could never hide disguise or sweep aside your helpful ways and words of delight,
i wonder what it would be like to look into such a set of one of a kind's
leo
Posted 3/29/2010 10:46 AM (#19200 - in reply to #19198)

Ph.D. Alumni

Dear Zeno, I am but a messenger, intending to pass on positive vibes from the universe. My spiritual mentor and my spirit guide are both masters. Neither having been human, look upon our human condition as a parent regards the child. I am not allowed to have opinions any longer, as I've used up far more than my fair share of them. I asked for the truth and now I'm getting it, spoon fed if you will, but getting it.

There is far more than we can imagine. We get it in small chunks over many life experiences. I am old in spirit but young in human matters. All truth lies in our spirit as spirit is first and always foremost.

I AM not one of a kind but a miniscule part of the whole. All is part of the I AM.

Namaste
Allen
Posted 3/30/2010 10:28 AM (#19204 - in reply to #19193)

Regular

Leo,

I asked because my feeling is - as we move closer to the Winter Solstice of 2012, there is a high probability that World events will produce chaotic times for all of humanity - but that is only one possiblity. In our Participatory Universe, we have a choice.

Setting up a "universal time of peace thoughts" - indeed, "a daunting task" is probably an understatement. But, to paraphase the Buddha - the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.

Your quote from Matthew 18 provides council on the necessity for teamwork in such a "daunting task".

How wide of a circle could be created? Any thoughts?

Allen

leo
Posted 3/30/2010 11:09 AM (#19208 - in reply to #19204)

Ph.D. Alumni

Allen, We could start out with UMS as a starting point. The Wisdom of the Heart church would be a good contact as well. I was thinking that Earth Day being April 22 would be a begining point. However there isn't much time remaining. We need to plant the seed of peace in the minds of the metaphysical community first. Not that they don't have those thoughts anyway but we could set aside that day as a begining. The Wisdom of the Heart church meets on the second Sunday of the month which would be April 11. They could help spread the word for those who are not involved on the board. There are many on the board from other countries as well. (England, Australia, New Zealand to name a few)

This would be "the First Step" on that journey. This would be a small step but never the less a step.

Any ideas from the board would be appreciated as well.
Zen&AlxM.
Posted 3/30/2010 8:34 PM (#19209 - in reply to #19104)

Student

leoleoleeleeeooo whatever you say dude, good luck with that :')
leo
Posted 3/30/2010 11:25 PM (#19211 - in reply to #19209)

Ph.D. Alumni

Zen, We can rest on our laurels and see what happens or we can make things happen. It's worth a shot ya know, nothing ventured nothing gained.
a tiny glimmer of hope for what seems like a hopeless situation. (Peace that is)

Is it an illusion or is it real?

Best to you ZenMan
Zen&AlxM.
Posted 3/31/2010 2:02 AM (#19213 - in reply to #19211)

Student

indeed i do hear you
but forgive my poor conceited ears
i am wondering
by the same token if
is it not all really delusional?
to sit back or to act - both are illusions

especially if i came here to experience illusion but from where did i come from? maybe another illusion?

ok ill answer your question but then you must answer one of mine, is it real or is it illusion hmm
well perhaps it's a very real illusion or a very unreal conclusion :')

: how would you save a damsel in distress hanging by a string off a cliff about to fall to her death? how would you save the same damsel if she was an extreme cliff jumper about to take the ride of her life? or if she was just an old wooden shoe?

Edited by Zen&AlxM. 3/31/2010 2:05 AM
Zen&AlxM.
Posted 4/1/2010 5:15 AM (#19214 - in reply to #19104)

Student

Hmm maybe What makes it real is you sometimes you gotta fight the good fight you rekon? i guess we will see what happens.
Allen
Posted 4/1/2010 10:01 AM (#19215 - in reply to #19208)

Regular

Leo,

Excellent idea. Any organization willing to help would could increase the cricle logarithmically.

I am not a former or present student at UMS (I found this site while doing a search (a friend saw the movie 2012 and had a lot of questions) on the Galactic happinings during the 2012 Winter Solstice) - so I wouldn't know who to talk to there - or at the The Wisdom of the Heart church.

Earth Day - an excellent time for Thoughts Of Peace - most appropriate. It is only three weeks away so any efforts would need to be done quickly.

Is there a way (beyond individually) to send a message to the inbox of everyone on this board? Perhaps a board administrator or moderator would know how to do that.

I will do some Google searches to see what other metaphysical boards are on the Iternet, and post my findings by tomorrow morning.

Allen
leo
Posted 4/1/2010 10:33 AM (#19217 - in reply to #19215)

Ph.D. Alumni

Allen, I checked with a moderator and it isn't as easy as I first thought. However there are many who, like you, read these posts who are not part of the school. So, with not much time at this point, I think it best to speak with others. There are other schools of metaphysics. The other popular school, of which my wife is a student, doesn't to my knowledge have a forum. There are other blogs about where we can pop in a short message.

I will find out who the contact person is for the Wisdom of the Heart church. I'll ask him/her to pass on the message at thier April 11th service. There are many web sites that discuss 2012, we can check for blogs there. There is also facebook, twitter etc. We can then set up another date in the future after we get past Earth Day.

Perhaps there are others who have ideas as well. Please feel free to make suggestions. We here on earth have become a global village where information can be sent out in seconds instead of days and weeks.

I'll get back to you
Blessings
L
shivananda
Posted 4/1/2010 12:41 PM (#19218 - in reply to #19104)

New user

We could transcend the octave that we are on now and transform into the 3rd octave into a state of Samadi which is full realization of the ultimate self while in the body maybe we all couldn't reach it but the brave few that have left themselves open for the higher vibration could attain partial glimpses of enlightenment,and become way- show-ers for the other's
shivananda
Posted 4/1/2010 12:48 PM (#19219 - in reply to #19104)

New user

Now is the time brothers reach for your star of awakening!!!! claim your power in an ego-less way but claim it with a vigilance toward ascension,now is the time to cultivate peace to the deepest core of your being feel everything!!! and awaken don't judge the experience just let yourself grow and embrace your oneness as co-creators of the divine dance of evolution of mankind
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/1/2010 3:57 PM (#19220 - in reply to #19104)

PhD Alumni

I feel I have been remiss in not responding to this thread themes sooner, but have been preoccupied of late with legal matters. I still am, but having meditated on this thread, feel that my position is this:

This whole Board community is predicated, for me, on a coming together in a focus of spiritual awareness. That is our intrinsic commonality. More than that, may be difficult to focus closely on; I started thinking that one of the New Age paradigm shifts is to do with a development of our individual essence awareness. Then became concerned about previous aeons problems with the encapsulation of the 'group mind', 'groupthink', etc .... then thought of Gandhi's concerns about any following, because, to have a common purpose, in truth, the common spirit needed to be so resonant, that any difference or deviation, can alter and mislead the focus ....

.... then there are so many of us, each with our wonderful diverse differences: even 'peace' may mean different things to us. Sometimes, 'peace' may not be a proportionate response even.

So I am sorry but I do not feel able to go along with this motif, dream, ideal, though in itself can appreciate its worthiness.

The centre of Light is within each of us, and that is where the focus and the seeking needs, so I feel.

Namaste though
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software