University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Atheism
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

alpha+omega
Posted 3/18/2010 2:47 AM (#19065)
Subject: Atheism

Veteran

An atheist was taking a walk thru the woods. He thought, what majestic
trees, what powerful rivers, what beautiful animals.

As he continued walking he heard a rustling in the bushes. Turning to
look, he saw a 7ft grizzly charging towards him. He ran as fast as he
could, but the bear was closing in.

His heart was pounding as he tried to run faster only to trip and fall.
He rolled over to pick himself up just in time to see the bear raise his
paw to take a swing at him.

At that instant he cried out, "OH MY GOD!" Time stopped, the bear froze,
and all was silent.

He saw a bright light and heard a voice from the sky say "You deny my
existence for all these years, tell others I do not exist, and even
credit creation to a cosmic accident. Now you expect me to help you, am
I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked into the light and said no, that would be
hypocritical of me to ask you to treat me as a christian now, but
perhaps you could make the bear a christian.

"Very well" the voice said as the light went out and the sounds of the
forest returned.

Then the bear lowered his paw, bowed his head and spoke "Lord bless this
food which I am about to receive and for which I am truly thankful!"

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Zen&AlxM.
Posted 3/18/2010 3:42 AM (#19068 - in reply to #19065)
Subject: RE: Atheism

Student

That is Golden
Linda K. Arkle
Posted 3/18/2010 7:10 AM (#19071 - in reply to #19065)

That is absolutely hilarious! Thought I have reason to believe something created all of this, I don't feel it gives a darn about what happens here. However, I am convinced there are spirits around us like a guide, or come around us periodically like family who have crossed over, who do care and do have a small influence on our lives. So many times when I am searching for something or trying to solve a problem my guide will let me flounder as long as I want as I apparently enjoy trying to do things all by myself, but when I finally ask for help from him the item or solution shows up right quick, often within a few minutes. At one time, not long after I realized spirits really were around and helping me, I began asking for help constantly. I always thank them when they help, but I got to requesting for help too much expecting them to solve all of my problems, and it came back to me that I was being too demanding, so I ask for help sparingly now. What I learned from it was that something is always listening and/or watching--only a thought away--which is why prayer works. I also learned it helps to say it out loud because they can't all read our mind. I have proof that my guide can read my mind, but my sister on the other side can only read my aura. It really freaked me out when I found out how much they are around. I wrote journals about my path to discovery. See my website www.affairwithanangel.com which I created over a five year period. It was a very strange journey, but I learned that something out there really does care--and tries to help when I finally ask.
leo
Posted 3/18/2010 11:06 AM (#19075 - in reply to #19071)

Ph.D. Alumni

Linda, As I have said before, I have contact with the spiritual realms through my wife Linda. (she is a psychic) We have been told that spirits and God have feelings but not emotions (human trait). There are many amoung us at all times. They communicate telepathically as we all have the ability to do as well. Ever think of someone who you haven't heard from in a long time and suddenly you get a call from that person, picked up the phone before it rings? Telepathy!!

I get a great deal of help from my spirit mentor but he won't tell me everything. Often he will make me search out the answer. Thats exactly why I'm attending this school of metaphysics. I was directed to do so for the need of "A Greater Depth of Knowledge." I have a problem communicating with my spirit guide simply because I still need to get in touch with my inner higher consciousness. I'm getting there.

The great thing is, we do have a loving and kind God. The Almighty (ALL THAT IS, the I AM) has given us free will so that we can determine what we want. We create our own universe. Without free will we would simply be puppets. Do we mess it up? Obviously! Each time we return to earth, we become more and more aware of our spiritual self. Some of us are a long way off from the finish line. I know, because I've been told, that I have many more lives to live. It's a good thing I know because it gives me the opportunity to prepare for the next one.
Yes Linda The Almighty does give a darn and HE directs the spirits that are with us always. I have been told that the I AM cries.

Namaste
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/20/2010 5:36 PM (#19094 - in reply to #19075)

PhD Alumni

Hi dear Leo - was there not a quote from 13th century Meister Eckhart that we have played with here before,. to the effect that, it is God who is on the inside, where we are on the outside, seeking or not recognising entry ?

I have no doubt God weeps: s/he is there with us, I acknowledge and feel that resonant pain and distress of the creation that her/his/their loneliness has called, sung, or spoken into Being ...

I have heard and felt those tears

Blessed Be
alpha+omega
Posted 3/20/2010 7:31 PM (#19096 - in reply to #19065)

Veteran

I like to think of it in the terms Christine outlines so well, that we are all posessing the consciousness of God looking outwards from the perspective of the human conscious condition. The trouble is that many people, atheists or even those who worship darker pursuits, are unwilling to accept the physical realities of this duality of the human conscious condition, denying all but the monkey brain consciousness, and with all the might of their consciousness of God. If people really could look inwards as we all must here, you cannot deny either condition.

Well, that's my story, an' I'm stickin' to it.

leo
Posted 3/20/2010 8:30 PM (#19097 - in reply to #19094)

Ph.D. Alumni

Dear Paul & Alpha, I agree to the highest degree with both of you. I'm usually long winded but for this evening, I can only agree with both of your posts. The day has been long and tireing. Thank you both for your words of wisdom. We are on the outside, we just need to look inward to find the answers.

It is certainly a story worth sticking to.

Many blessings to all who read these words.
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/21/2010 1:20 PM (#19105 - in reply to #19097)

PhD Alumni

Hope you're feeling less tired dear Leo ... I was thinking about this again ... somehow, God is our projection, yet, we are at a deeper level God's projection (just like Christine says, and those ancient Traditions) ... I sometimes play with the idea too that God created us because s/he was lonely
leo
Posted 3/21/2010 8:29 PM (#19106 - in reply to #19105)

Ph.D. Alumni

Dear Paul, for the life of me I can't believe that I missed that question. I've asked the Master so many questions and have been given so many answers. To that one question I somehow overlooked it. Haven't heard much the past several days. I know that the I AM created us from consciousness and that we are becoming (evolving). We are spirit first and foremost and have chosen to be here on earth.

There are circles within circles, worlds within worlds and countless spiritual entities both here and other planets scattered about the universe (about 10 billion light years in radius or thereabouts). As well as those residing in the realms. All too much for our underdeveloped minds to possibly imagine. We are the least advanced of any beings in the entire universe. Some may take offense (none intended) but it is true. Although we have many masters amoung us. Some have passed on and if you think about it you could name a few.

I'll have to check out the lonely thought

Namaste
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software