University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What books are you currently reading?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

metanovaman
Posted 6/26/2006 8:35 PM (#616)
Subject: What books are you currently reading?

UMS Student

I always find it interesting to see what books people are reading. Especially when they are Metaphysical or spiritual books. I'm reading several books currently, plus my course materials... Here's some of my reading materials.

1. Holy Blood, Holy Grail

2. Let Today Be A Holiday. 365 ways to cocreate with God.

3. Inside A Magical Lodge.

4. A Course In Miracles.

Be blessed,

Roger "Doc".

Top of the page Bottom of the page
JasonZavoda
Posted 6/27/2006 6:20 PM (#617 - in reply to #616)
Subject: RE: What books are you currently reading?

Hey all,

Just signed up to this site and as an avid reader couldn't resist jumping in on this question and responding.

Just finished 'If you meet the buddha on the road, kill him" and Neil Gaimen's 'Anansi Boys'. Currently reading 'Bridge acrossforever' by Bach and 'Hero with a thousand faces' by Campbell.
Dancing Daisy
Posted 6/27/2006 9:24 PM (#618 - in reply to #616)

UMS Student

'If you meet the buddha on the road, kill him
I always thought that was a fascinating title for a book, haven't read it yet, don't have much time for reading these days, but what a grrrreeeaat title that catches the attention!
Oye
Posted 6/28/2006 1:22 AM (#620 - in reply to #616)

"A Course In Miracles" is a great one with many affirmations, and how to make your desire manifest. If you are one that have read some other metaphysical books however, you will need your ability to have an open mind here.
Metaphysicians often speak in parables!
metanovaman
Posted 6/28/2006 1:50 AM (#621 - in reply to #616)

UMS Student

I am also reading a book by Guy Finley called, "Design Your Destiny". Good book, but I have to admit, it is hard to pry myself away from reading "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" right now. I did manage to finish up one of my lessons that I will be mailing off tomorrow...

Be blessed,

Roger "Doc".

JasonZavoda
Posted 6/28/2006 5:27 AM (#622 - in reply to #618)

Dancing Daisy - 2006-06-27 9:24 PM

'If you meet the buddha on the road, kill him
I always thought that was a fascinating title for a book, haven't read it yet, don't have much time for reading these days, but what a grrrreeeaat title that catches the attention!

It is a better title than book. The first third of the book (it is on psychology) is ineteresting but I found that the rest of it dragged. I'd recommend 'Script's to live by' (I think that's the title). Some useful ideas, but both seemed to get bogged down and neither felt very uplifting.
COLLIN
Posted 6/28/2006 8:08 AM (#623 - in reply to #616)

Hi all

I Have Just finished the book HOME WITH GOD by NEALE DONALD WALSCH.
That was an amazing book.

i am currently reading the book by DR WAYNE DYER called YOUR SACRED SELF

BLESSED BE

COLLIN
eoswildcat
Posted 7/3/2006 8:38 PM (#654 - in reply to #616)

UMS Student

1)Stone Butch Blues

2)Shrine of the Morning Mist

3) Peach Fuzz

4) Sisters of the Raven
CrystalAngel
Posted 7/4/2006 7:22 AM (#656 - in reply to #616)

I'm an avid reader too. Spiritual to romance and paranormal. I've finished "At Home with God" by Neale Donal Walsh- very well done. Slowly getting through "A Course in Miracles." Before reading ACIM, I would suggest reading "The Disappearance of the Universe" by Gary Renard. His guides physically come to him and over a ten year period they explain what ACIM is all about.

I re-read many books like the channeled work of Abraham by Ester Hicks i.e. "Ask and it is Given." So many books and not quite enough time to read

Blessed Be!
Laura Phillips
Posted 7/5/2006 2:23 AM (#664 - in reply to #616)

My favorites are the Seth Books by Jane Roberts. I have hi-lighted a lot of stuff in them, and reread them whenever I need inspiration and a sense of wonderment about how reality and consciousness work. Any Seth book is a great place to start.
metanovaman
Posted 7/10/2006 3:33 PM (#688 - in reply to #616)

UMS Student

I just purchased and began reading, "How to be happy all the time". By Paramahansa Yogananda. It is published by, Crystal Clarity Publishers. ISBN # 156589215-1

So far it is an intersting read, and something to contemplate on. I'm really enjoying it...

Be blessed,

Roger "Doc".

metanovaman
Posted 7/20/2006 7:57 PM (#721 - in reply to #616)

UMS Student

I just purchased a new book today. It interested me personally, but will also aid me in my work as an "At Risk Youth Counselor. The book is as follows:

Title: Nonviolent Communication. A language of Life.

Author: Marshall Rosenberg Ph.D.

Publisher: Puddle Dancer Press.

Pages: 207

ISBN # : 1-892005-03-4

I'm looking forward to reading and utilizing what I learn in this book, both at work and in my personal life...

Be blessed,

Roger "Doc".

Edited by metanovaman 7/20/2006 7:59 PM
thirtypaws
Posted 7/23/2006 6:05 PM (#735 - in reply to #616)

UMS Student

WOW! I love books

Currently reading:

Quantum Success - Sandra Taylor

Home with God - Walsch

Living Wisdom - Dalai Lama

The Pliadian Agenda - Barbara Hand Clow 

I've got bookcases filled with Dyer, Chopra, Walsch, Gawain, Hay, etc. etc.  Many earlier books (late 70's or so) have some wonderful stuff in them!  Been re-reading them over and over since then!

Namaste'

Danjummai
Posted 7/25/2006 2:21 PM (#739 - in reply to #616)

PhD Alumni

It is fun reading books, especially metaphysical ones - catchy tittles... "Solace of the Soul," so God did this... so is that etc... But can't help myself asking the question over and over again: What is there in books to read? Minds make better reading - with or without the nitty-gritty of the gurus! I am contemplating over giving head to the saying: "Heavens and Earth can't contain Me but the mind of the Faithful." I don't know if this be right.

Be Blessed!
penny
Posted 7/27/2006 12:27 AM (#744 - in reply to #616)

The Mayan Factor: Path Beyond Technology
Time and the Technosphere-The law of Time in Human Affairs
Pretty deep stuff on this 13 moon calendar and the law of time thing.
ekhanania
Posted 7/27/2006 3:01 AM (#745 - in reply to #621)

funny you mention Guy finely Metanovaman, because last night he was on JVP chat room (james V. Praagh). Guy was on for an hour. and he did mention his book "Design your Destiny". I had not hear of him till last night, and now you mention him again. Do you think this is synchronicity or what?
thirtypaws
Posted 7/27/2006 9:00 AM (#746 - in reply to #616)

UMS Student

Hey Penny

If you're interested in Mayan calendar stuff... Barbara Hand Clow & Carl Johan Calleman have done some very interesting stuff....

Enjoy!

Namaste'

penny
Posted 7/27/2006 11:17 AM (#749 - in reply to #746)

thanks, I will check into that
Hydro-Kinetic
Posted 9/9/2006 10:49 PM (#868 - in reply to #616)

Right now I'm reading a few books, "Silvias Book of Dreams", "Astral Projection for Beginers", "Astral Projection", and "Astral Dynamics"... Sigh... I have many more that I enjoy reading after these to bad I'm such a slow reader
steelie
Posted 9/10/2006 1:29 PM (#870 - in reply to #868)

I have that same problem, will read a bit of one of these books and then I have to just sit and ponder for awhile. This means it usually takes monts to read anything, but at least it becomes part of my consciouness from so much thinking. I used to really enjoy the messages from michael series, and read some of the ancillary books from those channeled readings too. Hwever, I've not seen anything new about them in many years, leaving me wondering what happened to that whole line of wisdom...
Hydro-Kinetic
Posted 9/10/2006 9:27 PM (#872 - in reply to #616)

Thanks Awesome that I'm not alone in this.... YES I also stop reading to thing about all the stuff I read about and how it has to do with me! Always remember that reading is journey not a destination. Its a fun adventure to read more then one book at a time.. like watching more then one Television series at a time! Thank you for your post relating to mine... incase no one got it I'm praticing Astral Projection so if anyone has any helpful tips please feel free to E-mail me! Thank you
IAMMiracles
Posted 9/14/2006 9:38 PM (#885 - in reply to #616)

These Books I Find A Most Compelling Read:
1. Volume 11 Saint Germain to the Minute Men, and Vol. 13 Beloved Saint Germain's Talks
2. Vol. 8 "I AM"Discourses by The Great Divine Director -- He was the Teacher of Beloved Saint Germain, Kuthumi and Jesus
3. Vol. 9 "I AM" Discourses by Mighty Victory

*I have found each & every read deepens and remarkably adds a Radiation that continues to Expand in Strength, Energy and Light. And, the first volume of the series is "Unveiled Mysteries" and Vol. 2 "The Magic Presence" by Godfre Ray King. These both address the Laws of Life and Twin Rays, which is underscored in the second volume -- that we were originally One Unit, One White Fire Body -- that became distinct and individualized in to two Individuals of one masculine and the other feminine to experience embodiment on Earth. The Goal, of course, to return to the Source and in doing so, we ultimately connect with our Twin Ray.

Edited by IAMMiracles 9/14/2006 9:46 PM
NothingEverything
Posted 9/17/2006 10:43 AM (#900 - in reply to #616)

UMS Student

Right now I'm reading Walden and Civil Disobedience. I enjoy it.
COLLIN
Posted 9/18/2006 2:31 AM (#901 - in reply to #900)

HI Everybody...

I am Currently reading "Ask and it is Given" By Jerry and Hester Hicks.

Blessed Be..
Hydro-Kinetic
Posted 9/18/2006 11:28 AM (#902 - in reply to #616)

OME! I just bought that Book Yesterday "Ask and it is Given". Because I have so many books to read I can't read it yet. It has to do with Meditation, Affrimation, and the Law of Attraction in which I already know alot about them but I feel theres still knoledge to be gained on these topics. I have alittle Advice for those of you who use Affrimations. Belief is required and in my experience leveling up your affrimations makes all the diffrents. When I started Affrimations I had a HUGE GOUL and I expected a marical. I stressed on my affrimation for many months. I then started to use small affrimations that I believed could easily be influenced as well as training myself to only thing positive and live in the now. I became amazed at how powerful these affrimations have become through belief in smaller ones. For example I was late for work the other day and I Affrimed that all 6 or so lights are green as I come to them. They all were green and I was on time. Start with saying that everyone is kind or nice to you and never forget to thank the First Cause, The Creater for the power he has givin you and your affrimations will grow more powerful. Thank You my Bros and Sis's for reading my post
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2016 PD9 Software