University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How would you wire yourself?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Nadine
Posted 3/6/2010 5:42 PM (#18917)
Subject: How would you wire yourself?

Regular

Let's say your brain was composed of electrical wiring. Let's say everything is going well so there is no misfiring of the electricity however the wiring is only capped. The wiring is not to the final destination of perfection.

Now let's say the wires are frayed. The electricity is bouncing everywhere causing extreme imbalance and you know you have to get these wires repaired and fast.

You call for a master electrician and tell the electrician the situtation about the frayed wires and you tell the electrician you just don't want the wires capped. Where should the wires be hooked in?

Would the wires be put outside the brain so you connect with the universe or would the wires be redirected within so you could connect with yourself or would the wires be divided half outside the brain and half within.

Nothing wrong here, just wanted to meditate on putting the wires where they should be. I need visualization.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
leo
Posted 3/6/2010 10:50 PM (#18918 - in reply to #18917)
Subject: RE: How would you wire yourself?

Ph.D. Alumni

Nadine, Good question. First off I wouldn't want the ego to be reinstalled, leave it disconnected. Next I would want the sub-conscious to be top of the list so that we wouldn't be guessing about that. Then I would find a way to hook up the consciousness so that we would always be in alignment with the universe and of course the body needs to be connected you know synaptic energy, obviously. The mind would require the least amount of energy, as the mind always gets us into trouble. It's late here so thats about all my brain can handle for now as my synapse are misfiring at the moment. I'm sure that I could think of more. I'll get back to on that.

Blessings all around
Leo
Supernatural3
Posted 3/7/2010 11:51 PM (#18921 - in reply to #18917)

PhD Alumni

I think it's all fine the way it is. Maybe not for everyone, but I feel pretty good and ask for spiritual help when I need to. We get by with a little help from our friends.

I love the thoughts though... if I would need to change, perhaps it would only be for physical purposes. I do tend to like my ego... ha ha ha. Sitting right next to all you fine folks, laughing, singing and loving all there is.
leo
Posted 3/8/2010 10:48 AM (#18927 - in reply to #18921)

Ph.D. Alumni

Dear ~J~, I think the ego is perhaps a good thing as long as it's kept in control. You see my ego wouldn't allow me to be in second place. I always had to be the biggest, most talented, brightest, best of everything, around me the biggest lier didn't stand a chance. It controlled me. Thats why I would just as soon get rid of it. As Eckhart Tolle says, "Be the watcher" and keep the ego/mind in control. I am just now learning to watch it. Being stubborn, there wasn't any way I was going to change. However, by the time I was a year into my relationship with my spiritual mentor, the ego/mind is far better. I'm not there yet but ever so close. My spirit guide is also not too happy with me as she has spent years trying to reach me. Now I'm better able to be in touch with my inner being. Again very close.

"The ego is an offshoot of the conscious mind. The ego is your idea of your physical image in relation to the world." Seth

Singing, fine folks, laughing and loving sounds good to me

Namaste
Nadine
Posted 3/8/2010 12:28 PM (#18928 - in reply to #18917)

Regular

Leo: So what you are saying is that the electrical wiring is the ego and not to reconnect that wires (ego)? You can't leave them frayed so should you just recap them and leave them dormant? The goal is to keep the ego dormant so the spirit can take control? Did I get it right or am I missing something?
alpha+omega
Posted 3/8/2010 12:37 PM (#18929 - in reply to #18917)

Veteran

Metaphysician, heal thyself?

You could just take an EPA rich Omega 3 supplement 3 times a day to make up for the chronic deficiency and/or DHA surplus in the western diet born of convenience, and let your mind's neural network rewire its meat computer properly. After all, if it is the host to the mind/illusion of God at your STC (Space-Time Coordinates), it is the Master of any Master Electrician or your concept of what that may be. As for ego, you should then be armed with the knowledge that everybody else's ego can kick your ego's butt, so it should also instill the inherent humility of that cosmic "Mexican Standoff" into your conscience.

Then meditate and pull the plug on it.

Edited by alpha+omega 3/8/2010 12:48 PM
leo
Posted 3/8/2010 2:10 PM (#18932 - in reply to #18928)

Ph.D. Alumni

Dear Nadine, Since this is all hypothetical anyway, it really doesn't matter much. Since the mind/ego can't be found in the body, we assume it's part of the brain function, but....nobody knows how the mind, ego, consciousness works. The mind certainly doesn't appear as an organ, so what is it? I was only joking about not having an ego, as mine overwhelms me at times. It is good to have it, just don't let it take over. As long as the sub-conscious and consciousness can be the most prevalent, thats the key. Knowing your consiousness is the most important thing.

Namaste
Linda K. Arkle
Posted 3/10/2010 5:03 AM (#18940 - in reply to #18917)

I have a psychic friend, Nancy Matz, who I'm absolutely convinced really does see and interact with spirits. I had her channel my sister a few times who died at the age of 46 back in 1997 and stuff came through that there was no possible way Nancy could even have read my mind to dig up. Things only my sister knew. This led me on a new path of discovery as I found other spirits came to visit during the channeling sessions. Over time I got all of my questions answered about what we are doing here. A lot is if has to do with relieving the boredom of being an eternal spirit. When you realize you really do live forever in one form or another, it makes it more interesting to block that knowledge and live a different life--largely for something to do. To live 80 years on earth is nothing to a being that basically lives forever. And apparently you have the choice on how much of your essence you bring with you. Nancy brought a bit more with her and knows she chose to be psychic before she was born, but it's also a big responsibility how she uses her special ability. I asked her how she was able to see spirits, which she's done all of her life and she didn't realize until she was older that most people can't see them. Her conclusion was that her brain was literally "wired" differently. I'm not particularly interested in seeing spirits except for members of my family who have died. What I would like is to remove the "block" that prevents me from achieving astral projection. There are reasons for blocking memories of previous lives, but I know there are also reasons for other types of blocks installed before we come here--to give us challenges from which we can learn, or not learn--our choice. These days what I would like the most is the ability to find humor in everything and be able to write to it and sell it. It seems to take a special kind of "wiring" to do that, so I'm learning to be a mental electrician.
Nadine
Posted 3/10/2010 7:42 AM (#18941 - in reply to #18917)

Regular

Great story Linda. When you have figured out the wiring part, can you let us know?
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/10/2010 4:45 PM (#18946 - in reply to #18917)

PhD Alumni

Yeah great question dear Nadine, if I may refer to you so ... as for me, I think I would work towards solar power, non reliance on the mains, or even better beyond, download some Dark Energy ...
Linda K. Arkle
Posted 3/11/2010 6:36 AM (#18953 - in reply to #18917)

Your brain actually has a physical type of wiring. An aspect of how memory works is that when you make an association your brain literally installs a microscopic bridge between some cells. The more mental associations we make the more physical connections our brain builds. It's like the internet web. That's how some of those memory retention excercises work. The more paths you provide to the information, the easier it is to find it. Those paths will disintegrate without use, but that will not directly harm you. You need to use the paths in order to keep them clear. To change my own wiring I study humor--read books by humorists, watch comedy all I can, and then study myself when I laugh. What makes me laugh? What makes you laugh? Does canned laughter really make it funny? Dave Barry, Erma Bombeck, and Douglas Adams are my favorite humorists. I wish I could be their channel. I'll be Daba Ermabomda. Erma and Doug died but Dave is just retired. I hope to fill the big holes they left. Too much humor is just a grump fest. I like silly off-the-wall associations the best. I've written 40 humour columns that I am now trying to market (which is a huge challenge). The research is fun in any case.
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/11/2010 7:22 AM (#18954 - in reply to #18953)

PhD Alumni

Hello and welcome Linda K. Arkle ..... Wasn't it Douglas Adams who wrote Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy? I believe therein the meaning of life is given as 42. Did you know that Douglas Adams (if it was he who wrote said text) died at the age of 42? He had moved to California from the UK ( I seem to recall), and died exercising on a treadmill. Not unlike Jim Fixx, who wrote, 'The Complete Book of Jogging', who indeed, died of a heart attack during a jog. Who says the Divine Spirit doesn't have a sense of humour ... ?! There is an old Jewish saying:

'If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"
Linda K. Arkle
Posted 3/11/2010 12:25 PM (#18963 - in reply to #18917)

Hi Paul,
Douglas was 49 when he died. I'll bet his funeral was quite interesting considering he was a radical atheist, especially if he was there in spirit. He did do Hitchicker's Guide. I read all five of the trilogy and some of the other stuff he did. I always give 42 as the answer to life as it makes as much sense as anything else. When I had my sister channeled after she died she said she didn't go to her own funeral. I had done a nice testimony as well as others and she had missed it. She did see the massive amount of roses her husband put on her casket, though. However, it is my understanding that you have the option of viewing anything you want once you cross over because the akashic records do exist, and they are used to help you sort things out before you come back and try again here. I know there are things I will have to wait until then to find out, but I'm okay with waiting, and maybe I will no longer care by then. The one thing that's frustrates me about being in England is that most of the humorists tend to just be having a grump fest. I'm sure there are D. Adams books I haven't read, so I guess I'll have to track some more down while I'm here. I always enjoy research.
leo
Posted 3/11/2010 1:20 PM (#18966 - in reply to #18940)

Ph.D. Alumni

Dear Linda, I too have a source to the source, if you will. My wife (Linda) is also a psychic and channels many varied spirits. The primary one is her spirit guide (whom I call my spirit mentor). We, like yourself have learned many valuable lessons. My experience is that we are here to perform specific things for humanity or we are here just for the experience of life as a human. I hadn't actually heard the term boredom involved in our discussions with any non-physical spiritual entity.

We do bring with us many talents and skills acquired in previously life experiences. From my understanding we don't have total recall of previous lifes. However, if you truly want to know about any previous life, our spirit has a rather large capacity for all previous and future events. Much like an extensieve data bank (several million gig). I've been told if you want to know simply meditate and get in touch with your inner being.

There can be an advantage to having a well connected spirit guide. As you can actually start now for your next incarnation. What would you like to do in the next life? Get a jump start by becoming motivated towards that end. We do take our experiences along with us to help us become.

As far as astral projection is concerned, you may have the same issues that I have been working to overcome. That's just a fear of what happens. I really shouldn't say "just a fear" as some unfounded fears can be real in our minds. Our spirit knows better. I am on the verge and need to be in touch with my spirit guide (Amphibious) in a deep meditational state. Our ego/mind plays tricks on us. Once the ego/mind is aware that the consciousness and spirit will not in any way harm it, there will be a balance. Balance is important, darkness/light, hot/cold, high/low etc. With out darkness you wouldn't know what light is. The same applies to each condition.

"Everything is dual; everything has poles; everything
has its pair of opposites; like and unlike are the same;
opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree;
extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes
may be reconciled."--The Kybalion.

My 2 cents worth and by the way welcome to the UMS Board.
Nadine
Posted 3/11/2010 4:37 PM (#18967 - in reply to #18917)

Regular

Wow, this is fantastic. Keep coming. I'm learning so much. Thank you all.
Paul Joseph
Posted 3/11/2010 6:34 PM (#18968 - in reply to #18963)

PhD Alumni

Well Linda then I am corrected, for which I am grateful. Thank you.

although did you notice a little number sacred 7 in the mix there ?

oh well, maybe that's just me

who can claim no spirit guide, except the Heart, such as it is
Nadine
Posted 3/11/2010 10:16 PM (#18974 - in reply to #18917)

Regular

OK, I just ordered The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Can't wait to start reading it.
paddy
Posted 7/11/2010 9:29 PM (#19627 - in reply to #18917)

"...Nothing wrong here, just wanted to meditate on putting the wires where they should be...."

Thanks for extending this metaphor as a meditation seed thought. At one time I pondered the Hermetic notion "as above so below" analogous to "as within so without" where some modular Auric Axon may correspond to the model of a Cerebral Axon interlinked in a "wire like way" to other Axons at points corresponding to Synapses. Here, the variety of Axon shapes likely varies with the individual and its groups of Axons interconnecting. (Maybe our illusions of individuality corresponds to some Axon like structure.)

A possible answer to this question "of putting things as they should be" is "it depends."
It depends upon choices. It depends on who you ask, when you ask, where you ask, etc.
Maybe each choice correspond to some connection or else some miss-connection.

It may be likely that there is no universal recipe for the way things "should" be interconnected; and furthermore it may be likely that most problems are related to issues of interconnection. As such, a fundamental lesson of trade-offs may reside at the crux of our wiring choices, and this can be a means by which people can arrive at deeper levels of acceptance: where apparent illegitimate forms of wiring play as contrast and so attain some small glint of legitimacy by such acts of how not to wire (a paradox.)

The corpus callosum can be considered a conduit of information transfer between cerebral hemishperes. Feminine dominant behavior may correspond to greater degrees of cerebral hemispheric interconnection in ways that may offer advantage of spiritual awareness over Masculine dominant behavior that may correspond to a greater degree of cerebral hemispheric schism and related fragmented perspectives. My impression is that this feature is an important consideration in the matters of brain wiring. This bridging effect may correspond to the Chet symbol (related to 8) of the ancient Alpha Beit, a symbol of transformation. Possibly the spinal fluid pumped into the brain during activities like Kundalini meditation facilitates the process of brain wiring. Again from some Hermetic perspective the spiraling helix shape of the energy (related to the Cadeceus Symbol) may correspond to the DNA helical structures on some level of synapse connection.

Personally, I ponder the Cadeceus as the doctor symbol, as I deliberate the possibility of enrolling at UMS; thanks again for extending such a seed thought.

paddy
leo
Posted 7/11/2010 11:18 PM (#19628 - in reply to #19627)

Ph.D. Alumni

Paddy, Welcome to the board. Since you've selected a thread that goes back a bit, I'm guessing that you have been looking about. Again, if I'm not mistaken you have done your homework on said topic. Quite impressive. Again, welcome. If you are interested in metaphysics and again I assume by your response that you are, I believe you would enjoy being a student here at UMS.. I am now in the final stages of my masters and begining my research into my dissertation. I am very happy with the course work and the diverse forms in which it is presented. Not to mention the fine student, alumni and staff. I did mention them didn't I.
Namaste
Leo (Jake)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software