University Of Metaphysical Sciences
University Of Metaphysical Sciences ->  General Public -> Metaphysics Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Breatharianism
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Public -> Metaphysics DiscussionMessage format

Supernal
Posted 9/21/2009 9:18 PM (#17151)
Subject: Breatharianism

student

I just took our class on Breatharianism and it BLEW MY MIND!!! People are really living on light! Without food and water! There was this one summer that i would breath in the energy from all the plants, sun, and air around me like every few hours and i was able to live just on one lite dinner at night for like a month, i felt better than ever and didnt even crave the food by the end of the month, then i started a job that required alot of heavy lifting and stuff and i was afraid id pass out or something so i stopped.
Not that i know its possible im really excited and im thinking of gearing up to trying it, but my lifestyle has changed so much, i dont know...

i would love to hear the stories of anyone trying breatharianism or sungazing to stop eating or just to become a healthier person. please post!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/22/2009 4:27 AM (#17152 - in reply to #17151)
Subject: RE: Breatharianism

PhD Alumni

Paramhansa Yogananda in his Autobiography of a Yogi has a chapter on a saint who never ate ...
Absolute Sovereigncy
Posted 9/22/2009 9:59 PM (#17168 - in reply to #17151)

Student

This sounds most enjoyable and I do appreciate sharing about this present moment event.
Supernal
Posted 9/23/2009 2:21 PM (#17174 - in reply to #17151)

student

ive been doing a little research and it looks like there are an undetermined amount of people already doing these practices. Realizing that we don’t actually need food to live, that we can learn to live off of sunlight and prana is being compared to finding out the earth is now round. It’s wild! Can you imagine what the world would be like if we didn’t have to eat to live? no more starving, we wouldn’t have to work for food, we would all have more money, sure people would be out of jobs in the food industry but they would no longer need as much money due to not needing to spend so much on food. Food related illnesses would become a thing of the past! No more obesity!

I know were a long way off and may never get to that point as a race, but check out sungazing, its kind of the brother of breatharianism and is supposed to cure all diseases! I hope to be in a position to try it out in the next year.
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/23/2009 4:50 PM (#17175 - in reply to #17174)

PhD Alumni

I think these things need some preparation also
Supernal
Posted 9/24/2009 7:19 PM (#17181 - in reply to #17151)

student

yea, ive been doing ALOT of research about these two subjects and have found that alot of the claims about sungazing are a little farfetched but still have alot of good benefits. that being said, i have found that it can be dangerous and isnt recomended by many, the breatharianism, on the other hand, seems to be pretty legit so far.

thier is alot or preperation for both of these practices, and theuy are not for everyone! but my heart is telling me to prepair to try at least one of these soon. i cant wait!
sunflower
Posted 9/27/2009 3:13 AM (#17193 - in reply to #17151)

Elite Veteran

many people do this practice,not usualy of their free will its called poverty,not good,so maybe if you should try yet another cranky road to eating disorders,and you manage to live off air and sun, the pennies,nay pounds you save could be sent to these starving souls.and physcologicaly you,ll feel better as you,ll be also saving lives. Now,don,t get me wrong,as some strangely do....,there may indeed be something spiritual in this,and it may work,and it may do you good,but somehow i think eating is a pretty good concept,till some abused the idea,always one out there mm,and became greedy,ate all the pies so to speak,wasted lots of food,when half the world is starving,my heart goes out to those starving people,i feel no pity for the greedy who stuff their fridges.cupboards and freezers full,plus their bodies,and complain that they have health problems,like fat,but each to their own,and good luck with living off fresh air,except the air we breathe today is so polluted,and full of toxins,you,ll be adding to your problems,not gaining wisdom,of course this is just my opinion,and you can tell me to stick it where the sun don,t shine,unless i take up sunggazing,have fun,be well,be sensible,all in mooderation,etc,ecept love of course,that should be in abundance,love heals a thousand hurts,opens many doors,and makes us grow tall and proud,okay,irisx
DooDah
Posted 9/27/2009 11:10 PM (#17203 - in reply to #17151)

Even if one doesn't live on air alone, I really do believe that you can live MOSTLY on air, like have a meal or a couple veggie drinks or something, and if a famine ever strikes your local area, you can always stretch your food out longer for you and your family if you know some of these tricks. I don't think I could ever do the absolutely no food path, but I'll bet I could live on a quarter of a normal diet if I did all the breatharianism stuff. yeah, that course blew my mind too. I thought about it, but I like food too much and the social act of eating and getting together with friends for meals, stuff like that. My life has a lot of that stuff in it. However, I definitely have thought about trying the act of eating far less and using these breatharian methods for supplementing my physical needs. Thanks for posting this question. You saying that you ate just a lite dinner at night and had great energy is inspiration for me to give some of this a try! Thanks!
Supernal
Posted 9/28/2009 4:33 PM (#17213 - in reply to #17151)

student

Thanks Doodah, I find the whole thin pretty exiting too. After even more research I found that there are an ESTIMATED 5000 people worldwide currently practicing this. It defiantly takes allot of preparation, mediation, and personal intuition. At this point in my life I don’t think I could go totally without food either though I am going to try and the idea you had and reduce my dependency on food by supplementing with prana.

Also, sunflower, im not going to tell you to stick it where the sun don’t shine, but I am curious what breatharianism has anything negative to do with eating disorders or people starving due to poverty. These seem like totally unrelated topics. Sure, people do have eating disorders, and there are people in the world that are dying because they don’t have enough food, but saying that a spiritual practice that’s supposed to eliminate the need for any sustenance other than light/prana contributes to these would be like saying that meditating to eliminate personal disease from the mind and body contributes to cancer, or the prescription drug addiction so many people have. That’s just they way it seems to me.
sunflower
Posted 10/2/2009 2:27 AM (#17230 - in reply to #17213)

Elite Veteran

so nal,you are,nt going to tell me to "stick it where the sun don,t shine",which of course you just did....mm,oh forgot other m, i stick to what i say,i think your mad,way over the top on eperimentation here,i also think your too far up your own sunless place.However,as this is a spiritual site,i will refrain from saying what really needs to be said,and if you answer someones opinion in that vein,i wonder truly ifyour on the right site,i see your a student,i suggest you carry on with your monthly papers,you may eventualy get to the lesson,that will inform you your on the wrong page,totaly,just because you actualy paid to join a spiritual site,doesn,t automaticaly make you spiritual,i would watch your wording in future,some may find it offensive,i live in hope and sunshine,irisx
Supernal
Posted 10/2/2009 3:08 PM (#17237 - in reply to #17151)

student

Now Sunflower, I really wasn’t telling you to stick anything anywhere, I have too much respect for my fellows on this board to say or infer anything like that, and besides thats just not how i roll. And I certainly did not mean to offend with my comments and question. I really was sincere with my question about Breatharianism having to do with eating disorders. Im sure if you re read my comment in the light of sincerity you will see it how I meant it; as an honest question. In my reading and studying of the topic I have come across many similar comments from people that oppose the practice but never more than just a passing comment. Maybe the relation is obvious and im just missing it, but that’s why I asked the question, I would really like to know both sides.

And hey, sorry if i cought you on a bad day with my last post. But im sure you werent meaning to attack anyone elses spirituallity, especially on this site. Were all looking for spiritual insite arent we?
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/2/2009 3:11 PM (#17238 - in reply to #17237)

PhD Alumni

I found DooDah's suggestion really apt also ....

... then again, re-reading the posts, maybe the typo of 'thin', rather than what I think was meant, 'thing', maybe confused matters ? Just a reconciliation type of thought ....

Edited by Paul Joseph 10/2/2009 3:12 PM
Supernal
Posted 10/2/2009 3:23 PM (#17240 - in reply to #17151)

student

i can see the confusion with the typos in my response to doodah, just so its on record i dont think i could live of prana only either, but ive already started to supliment my eating with prana and sungazing. So far ive begun to crave raw vegitibles and sunlight and ive already began eating less and its only been like a week.

but check out this site i found, its kind of a support group for people that are either already living off light or have begun the process. I think its fasinating that this has been going on and thiers like an entire culture of people that are already doing this on the down low.

http://forum.breatharian.info/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=b3914d53829b80e...
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/2/2009 3:45 PM (#17241 - in reply to #17240)

PhD Alumni

Thanks Supernal ... cannot check that just now .... just to amplify, I think I can see Sunflower's concern that Breatharianism, as a spiritual calling, might be confused for some, with a completely different track (which is what I think you were also clarifying), where some might 'latch on' to this path, to seek to resolve misperceptions about body image ('dysmorphobia'), anorexia, bulimia, etc .... all of which, as you indicate, are different entities; yet also,one is mindful that many might view/review this site to either, find spiritual direction, or even (Heaven forfend!) find evidence to undermine 'things of the Spirit' ... and I have always felt (many years since I read Paramahansa, more recently did I 'do' the UMS course on this), that the path of Breatharianism requires particular disciplines and is not to be undertaken lightly.

More could be said, but I'll leave it there
Supernal
Posted 10/2/2009 4:26 PM (#17244 - in reply to #17151)

student

All I wanted was a discussion and hopefully some examples of people that are already practicing this and possibly sungazing. I wasn’t looking to cause any sort of uproar. Our personal beliefs are our own and we are all adults here, ultimately we can do what we want, dangerous or not. This is just a statement in general and not in response to your post at all Paul.

And I do agree with you Paul, Breatharianism is a very intense discipline that can be dangerous, and as a rule isn’t recommended for anyone because of this fact. If someone attempts it for anything but pure reasons I believe they were already on the road to hurting themselves and would just find another way if not this one.

But I also feel like we address taboo subjects on this site all the time and that this is considered a safe place to do so (there are so few now days).

And besides, if anyone wanted to twist what is said on this site for nefarious purposes I do believe they would have plenty of ammo with or without this thread due to the above reasoning.
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/2/2009 4:50 PM (#17245 - in reply to #17244)

PhD Alumni

Well said, dear Supernal: in my long postings (perhaps too many!), I cannot recall anyone putting it in the way you just did - ie, this is a place/space where matters of consequence can be discussed in all serious openness (my slight paraphrase, for which I hope you will forgive me) ...

and as you go on to say, if we cannot say such things here, then where?

Keep on, keeping on (goodness me, that's an old one)

ok ... take a breath, here's another one ...

in the 'olden days' (whenever they were)

folk retired into monastic communities, to pray, contemplate, meditate, in seeking, searching, bringing the power of the Divine Voice

into the silence that is in this world.

Now, here today, that comfort and consolation, finds a harder home:

that home, that silent, quiet place, is in the midst and mist of this realm that those of us here, now, have chosen to inhabit

..... of more, anon ....

DooDah
Posted 10/2/2009 8:47 PM (#17251 - in reply to #17151)

thanx for the link to that site, I'm going to check it out, I think the reduced food and upping the breatharian practices is the way to go for those of us who can't go all the way. I gotta have my chocolate and I sure do like eggs. I would miss all that stuff too much, and I have plenty of time for being an energyarian when I get in spirit. While I'm physical, I love the act of eating! It's fun! Only physical beings get to do that!
sunflower
Posted 10/6/2009 5:48 AM (#17298 - in reply to #17244)

Elite Veteran

yeah okay,carry on doing what you think is best,i am not offended,i simply have strong opinions,and quite frankly yes i do consider some peoples true spirituality,is that not meant to be,or should we just take it all as read,and that all is said is the truth,and right,anyways,thats enough for me,i have things of a more serious nature to attend to,i wish you luck in your search etc,i also send out love and light to you,irisx
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/6/2009 3:54 PM (#17301 - in reply to #17298)

PhD Alumni

Hiya Iris ... didst Thou not see my response to Thee above ?

Thought it connected.

Maybe not
sunflower
Posted 10/17/2009 6:40 AM (#17489 - in reply to #17301)

Elite Veteran

yes dear paul,i didst seeath it,and iot dids,t warm my cockles to know that a fellow so kind and observant as yourself,was there iris
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/17/2009 7:41 PM (#17505 - in reply to #17489)

PhD Alumni

always here, always here

whenever, wherever x

still breathing
sunflower
Posted 10/18/2009 3:28 AM (#17520 - in reply to #17505)

Elite Veteran

don,t stop irisx
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/18/2009 8:24 AM (#17521 - in reply to #17520)

PhD Alumni

ha ha .....phew, thanx, coming up for Air ....
paddy
Posted 7/16/2010 3:26 AM (#19645 - in reply to #17151)

It seems curious that Prahlad Jani claims "I get the elixir of life from the hole in my palate, which enables me to go without food and water."
I wonder what kind of fluid would drip through a hole in the palate, could it be some sort of meditation charged Cerebrospinal Fluid?

http://www.amazingabilities.com/amaze5a.html

Somehow related may be the notion of curing the common cold using kundalini energies, as if there is an anti-histamine biochemical released that clears the sinus. A common side effect of anti-histamines is having difficulty urinating. If Prahlad's palate dripping elixir contains an anti-histamine component, this may complement his ability to go without urinating.

paddy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software