how UMS has changed me
soulfire
Posted 9/1/2008 1:21 PM (#9883)
Subject: how UMS has changed me

Alumni

Last week I went through some difficult circumstances. I am grateful for them, however, since it gave me a chance to see just how the courses at UMS have changed me for the better, I think. All through the conflict I was able to maintain what I feel was a truly metaphysical perspective. I found myself utilizing suggestions from a number of the classes/meditations to stay true to myself and not let things bother me.

I also feel that I want to emphasise how wonderful it is that this school is not about the 'bottom line'. There is a lot of 'pseudo-metaphysics' out there right now because of 'the Secret' movie and other motivational books. I realize how much I appreciate that the UMS course on manifesting goes beyond that into allowing the Universe total 'carte blanche' to give you everything without effort. I have seen this in my own life for about 10y or more. It makes me feel bad that what a lot of people think of as metaphysics is really very shallow and self centered - the opposite of true metaphysics IMO.

So my deep gratitude to UMS. Thank you for being truly what I expeted of metaphysics and not an 'imitation'. ~Kirsten/Soulfire
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/1/2008 2:26 PM (#9889 - in reply to #9883)
Subject: RE: how UMS has changed me

PhD Alumni

Dear Kirsten

How so true do you speak.

I absolutely resonate and think you have put this exactly well.

Thanx

To you. You.

And UMS.

And the Divine in us All

Namaste
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/1/2008 2:28 PM (#9891 - in reply to #9889)

PhD Alumni

Deliberately, doing two posts, as this is not an edit of the previous one.

Dear Soulfire/Kirsten

Thanks again.

for putting into words what i feel.

in so many ways
searching
Posted 9/1/2008 3:09 PM (#9896 - in reply to #9883)

Regular

i have been looking into the book and movie, "the secret" the last two days. and you are exactly right. i feel what you have written. is material wealth really the answer. it seems most books now days would say yes. and it may be for the authors. but i am content with finding peace and joy with in my self where no material wealth dwells. but the promise of wealth sells books and dvds to those who are searching for it. Now I don’t feel bad about downloading the movie for free…lol…
blessings.
jerry
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/1/2008 5:09 PM (#9900 - in reply to #9896)

PhD Alumni

The haunt where beauty dwells is, ultimately, the Self.

... the only secret about The Secret, I feel, is how people can get so taken in by it .... but then, Hans Anderson's 'The Emperor's New Clothes' is a very old teaching story, whose content is still forgotten.

The karma engendered by false teaching never disappears, until unlearnt, relearnt and released.

Ouch ouchy me - rather sharp post on my part ....
Tracy Martin
Posted 9/1/2008 6:35 PM (#9902 - in reply to #9883)

Alumni

Ouchy one, "The Secret" may be predominantly materialistic, but it is teaching people about the power of the mind to create their life circumstances. When we allow ourselves to feel and imagine the situations that bring us pleasure we have already tapped into a powerful truth about our minds and attitudes! I am so grateful though for the students that look beyond primarily material satisfaction, and are looking to the heart to heal themselves and humanity. If one looks closely, we all want the same thing, to feel loved and to love. Some think that new toys will make them feel loved. Some think that food, sex, drugs, mates will do that. Whatever it is, it leads back to love.
Christine Breese
Posted 9/1/2008 7:37 PM (#9904 - in reply to #9883)

UMS

Here's my take on the secret, I made a youtube vid addressing these "materialistic gain" motivations to some of the spiritual tools that are being taught to those who "want more and more."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32GgY2LRf5o&feature=related is the first vid

and this next one is the continuation of this conversation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNYEoSRWi_Y&feature=related
Rose
Posted 9/2/2008 1:19 AM (#9917 - in reply to #9883)

Student

This is beautiful Soulfire.

I've heard about the book "The Secret", but didn't know there was a movie too.

Hmmm.....Greed is what sent many chasing realities built on sand and led by Bankers with friendly smiles and nothing but their commission checks in their hearts. And now they are all losing homes and it's not right....

We need to use the powers of creation to enhance our spiritual existences and through that we will all feel a need to make sure that every child has a roof over their heads and food to eat. Doesn't Love precede all else?

Isn't our ability to love and be compassionate our most valuable asset?
Supernatural3
Posted 9/2/2008 1:26 AM (#9919 - in reply to #9883)

PhD Alumni

I agree, greed is a negative. I mean it's good to have things that we need, but when they become more important than those things that are priceless, like our loved ones, and our spirit, and happiness.... then it can wreck a life.

I am learning to need less, because i have everything I need now. I have always gotten what I need somehow, and I am letting that flow, naturally.

I would like to fly out and meet everyone, and I will.... i promise. My word is solid. Just don't know when..... LOL

Rose, our system in the US is failing, due to banks giving loans and credit to those who cannot handle the debt. We are given more credit than we can handle, when the banks and credit card companies know we cannot cover such amounts. The problem is, it's all backfiring, because foreclosures and bankruptcies are everywhere. Milk is now outrageous and food stamps are nearly a necessity to make it. If we have to pay out any more taxes, we will work, just to give it to the government, who blows it on stupid stuff.

I just found out that my sister and I have to pay DEATH tax on my fathers retirement plan. Then we will have to turn around and re-pay income tax on it, because it's labeled as income once again. We also have to pay an attorney 13k, just to make sure we actually canlocate his life insurance. We know life insurance companies will nothunt us down. They should, they got paid for it... but no. We have toinvestigate to find out all this stuff. A major pain.

Tax returns: Now everyone has to pay tax on the refund that they get from over paid tax to begin with. That is paying tax on tax paid, i don't get it. Double tax....

They charge tax on services now. Not even sales... but a service. When did that become legal?
Now if someone wants a tattoo, there is tax on it. If they don't pay the tax, can they confiscate the tattoo? LOLOL silly humor. 

We wonder why we cannot clear our minds.
Metaphysics is all that works.... knowing there is more to life than debt and bills. It's an exscape to finally have some sort of peace. Even if we have to do it in our minds.

Paul Joseph
Posted 9/2/2008 4:02 AM (#9921 - in reply to #9902)

PhD Alumni

Thanks Tracy ... I regretted posting my 'ouchy' response, but it was too late to get it back ! It is the materialist aspect that concerned me, but you are right in what you say.

Thanks too Christine, yes I have watched all your You Tube vids and they are great. So nice to hear from you here, and that you have felt well enough to post again ...

.. fire alarm going off here - better run !

Edited by Paul Joseph 9/2/2008 4:03 AM
soulfire
Posted 9/2/2008 11:43 AM (#9926 - in reply to #9883)

Alumni

Honestly I love the secret movie as it gives me the 'simple' reminders when I need them. But the fact remains there is so much more to metaphysics than that and a tarot deck, so to speak. And a warning to be careful how/what you manifest would have made me feel better.

I will have to go to my mom's to watch the videos - we don't have high speed out here... We have always lived within our means and only 'needed what we could afford'. Debt is not an option in our household. We take joy in the occaasional challenge of affording something we want. My husband has had his own business for 8y and has never advertised, taking the attitude that the Universe would send the clients he needed. As a result of that we have a modest custom home in the country and everything we could want w/ no mortgage or debt. But my intent here is just to illusrate a point. It works if you just *allow*. It's how I plan to run my business, too.
soulfire
Posted 9/2/2008 1:07 PM (#9928 - in reply to #9921)

Alumni

Paul Joseph - 9/2/2008 4:02 AM

.. fire alarm going off here - better run !

Paul, I hope everything is alright?! ~SF
Tracy Martin
Posted 9/2/2008 6:40 PM (#9934 - in reply to #9883)

Alumni

Yes, what are all these fire alarms Paul? Cooking I hope and nothing more!
Mother of an Angel
Posted 9/2/2008 8:16 PM (#9938 - in reply to #9883)

May I suggest the book "Beyond The Secret"? I have found this to touch on more of the spiritual part of manifestation. I had a more calming and easy feeling reading "Beyond the Secret" than what I felt about "The Secret" (that gut feeling thing) or should I say it made me look at things with a different outlook on manifesting the things in your life so you live with in your means and not taking on more than you can handle.

Blessing,
Robin
Paul Joseph
Posted 9/3/2008 4:01 AM (#9946 - in reply to #9934)

PhD Alumni

Thanks for the concern about the fire alarms everyone, they were just faulty as it turns out !

ps, your and your husband's trust in the universe sounds wonderful Soulfire x

Blessings

Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 9/3/2008 4:02 AM
Supernatural3
Posted 9/4/2008 12:03 AM (#9958 - in reply to #9883)

PhD Alumni

I wanted to remind people a little more about the Secret.... there is more to it that just law of attraction. I wrote about it here. I started this forum topic, but it didn't get read much, i think it was a slow time. It collaborates along with The Secret, but a little more to it than just that.

See what you think....