Watch this space
Chotuni
Posted 8/1/2008 8:50 AM (#8174)
Subject: Watch this space

Regular

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/1/2008 8:55 AM (#8175 - in reply to #8174)
Subject: RE: Watch this space

PhD Alumni

How long for ?!
Chotuni
Posted 8/1/2008 9:12 AM (#8182 - in reply to #8175)

Regular

That's what I was wondering, they say Nature abhors a vacuum, just a little game nothing else.
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/1/2008 9:14 AM (#8183 - in reply to #8182)

PhD Alumni

Space is a vacuum and lots of interesting things go on out there; or come from there.

Now ... back to that Narrow Road to the Deep North ...lots of space there
sunflower
Posted 8/1/2008 9:29 AM (#8186 - in reply to #8182)

Elite Veteran

is it me,or does anyone else get confused,maybe it was the knock on the head i received by the clothes rail,but my head,mind,is being mashed by these posts,what about the black hole in the universe,if nature abhors(or abhorrs,ab something)an empty space.love irisx
Chotuni
Posted 8/1/2008 9:30 AM (#8187 - in reply to #8183)

Regular

Space maybe a vacuum but as you point out it is full of lots of interesting things, can I ask, "what is the 'Narrow Road to the Deep North'"?

p.s 80% of space is Dark Matter or Energy of which scientists as yet know nothing.Is that interesting?

Paul Joseph
Posted 8/1/2008 9:35 AM (#8189 - in reply to #8186)

PhD Alumni

Marvellous science fiction trilogy by C S Lewis, Out of the Silent Planet, That Hideous Strength, Voyage to Venus ... there, Lewis, writing symbolically, suggests that it is the earth that is empty, and space that is full: we are the silent planet, because we do not recognise the Divine Spirit, of which space and everything else is full.
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/1/2008 9:36 AM (#8190 - in reply to #8187)

PhD Alumni

It is a book of haiku by Basho, previously discussed several eons - or pages - back on the DiY thread, I think, or possibly elsewhere.

Edited by Paul Joseph 8/1/2008 9:37 AM
sunflower
Posted 8/1/2008 10:00 AM (#8196 - in reply to #8187)

Elite Veteran

hello chotini,pj,i think everyones having a strange day,i dont,like question marks much!unless in context,i think out of all of this,could arise maybe a humorous conversation,well i liked the watch this space,then it all seemed a bit wonky,an english term,but carry on,and i,ll revisit,maybe i can contribute better,when i know more,knowing me,it will be quite a while haha,love to all,irisx
Chotuni
Posted 8/1/2008 10:07 AM (#8197 - in reply to #8196)

Regular

Hi Sunflower, I would have thought the question marks were in context. Being a Welsh person I would have thought you would have known the Queens Enlish.(Well proably more German, but I was referring to the spoken language)

P.S. Is any one else having problems with their keyboards today, I have to go over everything I have typed to fill in the missing letters for some reason

Kiddo Green
Posted 8/1/2008 7:04 PM (#8218 - in reply to #8174)

OK, it seems some insults are being slung. Am I wrong about this? I makes me uncomfortable. I just want to say this. I believe our common goal is one of commaderie and friendship. I would like to keep it that way.

As for the space concept, I prefer open time.

I want, to respond to PJ's notion of the great north. There is wonderful travelogue re: Gretchen something-or-ther's several season's in Greenland. SHe goes into detail about the eskimos and space in Greenland. It is actually a fascinating read. It is called This Cold Heaven.

Cara
instinctual
Posted 8/1/2008 8:00 PM (#8221 - in reply to #8174)

PhD Alumni

Hi! I am trying to determine if this is a case of raw, dry humor. I think it is, unless I have truly developed the thick skin (and thick head )that goes along with these boards, maybe I just cannot see the forest through the trees anymore!

Kiddo Green
Posted 8/1/2008 8:11 PM (#8223 - in reply to #8174)

Chot-

I am not sure about keyboard issues. I just know my typing has become utterly atrocious in these boards, pricipally because I am trying to cram in as much as possible while my son is sleeping. When I reread what I have posted, it looks a mess!

Cara
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/1/2008 8:12 PM (#8224 - in reply to #8174)

...though maybe all those letters are being sucked into aforementioned blackhole... *tongue in cheek*

Cara
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/2/2008 11:29 AM (#8253 - in reply to #8218)

PhD Alumni

I agree with Cara. I haven't the foggiest idea what is going on here, and have been thinking about it on and off during my sojourn in the deep North; but am no further forward.

Chotuni
Posted 8/3/2008 8:04 AM (#8325 - in reply to #8221)

Regular

It would seem you are on my wavelength along with a few others. No offence is intended and I'm sure the people involved in the exchanges are quite aware of this. these seem to occur more between the foresters who all seem to be of a like mind. If,by my odd sense of humor,  I have offended anyone......tough!(an example of my sense of humor again) sorry.
sunflower
Posted 8/3/2008 8:25 AM (#8328 - in reply to #8197)

Elite Veteran

hello chtini,am i not speaking the Queen,s english,comma,i feel you are being maybe a little facetious,comma,or,comma?question mark,comma,are you being mean of spirit,comma,pray do tell!exclamation mark,comma,if so,comma,i shall not rise to the bait,comma,sarcasm,comma,is the lowest form of wit,comma,so,comma,i have had to drop myself down to your level,comma,in this instance.full stop.Yes,comma,i am welsh,comma,but with respect for my comrades,comma,i have reverted to the english language,comma,we do,comma,beleive it or not,comma,have punctuation in the welsh language,comma,for example,comma,ty,n saesneg mochyn,comma,but i would rather say,ty,n gwbod lle tyn ddod,comma,cariad bach,comma,chwarae pel droed,comma,maer haul yn gwennu,comma,gariad du.full stop,comma,such a lovely soul as you,have been corrupted,irisx
Chotuni
Posted 8/3/2008 8:34 AM (#8330 - in reply to #8328)

Regular

Sorry, Sunflower, Could you repeat that please? Cariadxxx yn iawn merchedd mawr
sunflower
Posted 8/3/2008 8:45 AM (#8332 - in reply to #8330)

Elite Veteran

hahaha!i was actualy going to,thankyou for the compliment,maybe,as the wedding has not actually taken place,i could let sir gallahad down,and be yours,as you speak my language,we could elope to a far starlit retreat,and sing our national anthem,before we sing yours,though beutiful it is,and start producing little starlets,what say you.comma.
Chotuni
Posted 8/3/2008 8:49 AM (#8333 - in reply to #8332)

Regular

Sunflower,you have made me blush!! I am very flattered but I am sorry I will have to let you down as I am very happily married to a very special person whom I love very much. Good Luck for the future Mrs.Pooh though. Big hug to you xxxx
sunflower
Posted 8/3/2008 8:59 AM (#8334 - in reply to #8333)

Elite Veteran

ahh chotini,you have broken my heart,but,i respect your marriage vows,though i suspect,that lovely lady is watching,so watch the post,many forms to fill in,and no fighting over the dog,though i suspect she may leave you her toilet roll,as a sweet reminder,Lavender,will serve you well,my dear,for the relaxation you may require.Do you know,spirit sees all,and is,at this moment of time,watching,and weeping,for our fall from grace.x
Chotuni
Posted 8/3/2008 9:07 AM (#8335 - in reply to #8334)

Regular

Dearest Sunflower, You could well be right, you usually are, and as it happens there is an invisible user watching as we communicate. As we seem to be the only ones in the forest at this time it would seem one of us is being watched. However as much as I enjoy our banter I am afraid I will have to vacate this space as I need to go to the shop and when I return home I want to try to go to the forest (real forest by my house) with my wife and dogs. Godspeed, Love and Light, speak soon over and out Roger.
Chotuni
Posted 8/3/2008 9:16 AM (#8338 - in reply to #8335)

Regular

OOPS, Has your betrothed caught us out??????? Got to run
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/3/2008 7:52 PM (#8379 - in reply to #8174)

ah! unrequiteditus! Loves that will never be lest that happen over postings, and across the www and the Atlantic... Completely teasing, of course. I find your sentiments, even in jest, romantic and flirtatious. And, i am a romantic at heart.

P.S.
Sunflower-
Love your punctuation...You drove home your point. (Pun intended)
Ciao!
C
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/3/2008 7:58 PM (#8380 - in reply to #8174)

Oh and Chot!
I am still trying to figure out if I am one of those "forest people" or not. (really, does anyone HATE the forest?) I know you are joking; I am not offended. It just made me pause...

Cara

P.S. I live in suburbia USA like many of us. *sigh*...because I live 10 feet from neighbors of all sides...
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/4/2008 4:07 AM (#8392 - in reply to #8380)

PhD Alumni

Welcome to the forest commune, dear Cara -

... in case you haven't tracked the traces of that particular Ox, it was born in the face of the imminent demise of the Board - some of us chose to go down fighting by posting like mad, in a frenzy of refusal to face the inevitable (it is all there in the pages and annals of the Board, spread across various threads ..) ... the journey went out into the cosmos in search of a ring (hence my avatar, a search inspired by Sunflower) ... and then pinging back and forth beyond the outer reaches of the Milky Way, the tribe of umslingo was born, in a wood where lived Winnie the Pooh, beneath a Board with the name of Mr Suanders on it ... then all together and hand in hand, with various degrees of hoping and wishing under the apple boughs, the small valiant group of ours - Sunflower, Lori, occasional sightings of Marty, Rose, Tracy, Stillness, MollyB - then riding in with the cavalry, Chothuni, Jaxemma and your good Self .. (hope I've not missed anyone out -sorry if so - no offence meant) - we scraped a surviving flotsam and jetsom wash onto the seashores of endless worlds, where children were still playing, and the lovely Christine decided that all should not be lost in this, the best of all possible worlds, wher we all got married and live happily ever after ..

That clear now ?

.... welcome to the Cosmic Tribe of the Umslingo Folk
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/4/2008 7:46 AM (#8409 - in reply to #8392)

PhD Alumni

oh .. and lest there be any seeds of confusion sown, the Ox to which I was referring was the one in Zen in the Art of Ox-herding !

back to the Forest ...
instinctual
Posted 8/4/2008 1:53 PM (#8486 - in reply to #8174)

PhD Alumni

Who you callin an Ox?

haha! Cara darling, I could not have said it all more eloquently than Paulo. This is indeed what you clicked into when you joined this nutty bunch! May I say with the utmost respect that you fit in nicely with this zany, crazy and happy carnival of loving and wild banchies!
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/4/2008 3:50 PM (#8509 - in reply to #8174)

Thanks!

Cara (secretly wanting to belong...)
Tracy Martin
Posted 8/4/2008 3:52 PM (#8510 - in reply to #8174)

Alumni

Am still looking at the Space...how simple and easy on the eye it is!
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/4/2008 5:06 PM (#8519 - in reply to #8509)

PhD Alumni

Aww Cara - hasn't my story made you feel here and with us ? You'll have me feeling even more rejected than I eternally feel at this rate ... you do appear in the story you know ... xx