Heyyy
instinctual
Posted 7/26/2008 10:26 PM (#7822)
Subject: Heyyy

PhD Alumni

What's shakin' ganglions?

I have been physically absent yet spiritually present. Been downright busy! I watched Jordyn all week so her mother could go audition for American Idol..they had her come back twice to sing, but she didn't make the 3rd cut..she will try again next year.

And just saw Mamma Mia! What a gorgeous bittersweet hilarious movie..and ahem...can you say............... Colin Firth in Spandex? I won't ruin it...but trust me..it's worth it! (wink)

I have read most of your posts and feel lost - as if you have all been in a jump rope marathon and I can't quite find the rhythm to hop in...so I just won't!

Love and Happy Vibes to you all...
L
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sunflower
Posted 7/27/2008 12:00 AM (#7824 - in reply to #7822)
Subject: RE: Heyyy

Elite Veteran

nice to see you back,instinctual,good to hear,all is well,albeit busy (did you like that big important intelligent sounding word,i just done)my,i surprise myself,but i have been having lessons with my diction,soi am testing it out.Glad to hear your daughter having a go on american idol,must have done well to get so far,she must be a good singer,what did she sing,it was your daughter you were talking about wasn,t it.I auditioned one time a few yares ago,for britains version of,well,sort of auditioned,i applied,had to sing,over the phone,got audition date,but,couldn,t make it,i sang "no matter",you know the one,"if only tears were laughter,if only night was day,if only prayers were answered,then we would hear god say",good message in that song.Well,i,m not surprised you are finding it hard to get in the swing here,i,m out of the swing myself,when i thought i was in it,am i confusing you,i,m confusing me.I suspect someone close to you will tell you all,or more than i know,if they do,can you tell me.Okay,what a way to welcome you back,a wilted suflower on the edge of flowerside,take care,i will look and listen,bye fr nwx
instinctual
Posted 7/27/2008 12:34 PM (#7844 - in reply to #7822)

PhD Alumni

Hello Iris, thanks for the response. Actually Jordyn's mother is my son's girlfriend. So you have a voice, do you? Sing us a song darling! Faith actually sang a song that she wrote, as well as a favorite gospel tune she knows from her church.

You are not confusing me dear, anymore than I am confusing myself. Coincidentally you make me smile outloud! You are more eloquent in your speech than you know. Do not feel any less brilliant or intelligent than those who use "big important intelligent sounding words". Certainly we all strive to better ourselves, yet always remember that there is more fluff in certain crap than the real "stuff" in many ways. You know? In other words...You speak the "stuff". You are virtually fluff-less, and that is why I love you.

mruppert
Posted 7/28/2008 2:20 PM (#7883 - in reply to #7822)

Awwww Lorilove:
It is:
Three Six Nine,
The goose drank wine,
The monkey chewed tobacco,
On the street car line
The line broke
The monkey got choked
And they all went to heaven
In a little row boat!

Jump in, but if it is "double dutch" speed it up a bit!

Peace,
Marty and LeapingLizard Cats, Lucky, Poppy, and Sissy
Supernatural3
Posted 7/28/2008 6:56 PM (#7900 - in reply to #7822)

PhD Alumni

Hey hey, don't feel bad. Times have taken me away from pc land too. Have had so much to do. I plan on having lots of time this week, to be on-line for a change.

Good to know all is well!

instinctual
Posted 7/28/2008 7:44 PM (#7907 - in reply to #7822)

PhD Alumni

I used to be really gooood at jumping rope Martyyy! I could do double dutch, chinese, you name it... if I tried now I think I would break my hip among other things
Thanks however for the vote of confidence you guys! xoxox

Peace and Monkey Grease ( speaking of monkeys, that is )!
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/29/2008 8:33 AM (#7918 - in reply to #7822)

PhD Alumni

It's an interesting question for me how, when checking the Board after an absence, how to approach it - whether to simply go with the most recent posts and ignore the older ones, or systematically go back and work through what one feels one could usefully respond to ....
instinctual
Posted 7/30/2008 3:10 PM (#8035 - in reply to #7822)

PhD Alumni

I hear you Paul, I almost struggle with it for fear that my inaction or lack of response to someone may cause unintended hurt feelings, so I will go by an old motto that I tend to apply to many situations that I encounter-

"If the shoe fits, wear it". When scanning the board for various threads and posts that are fun catchy interesting or that I feel I can contribute, then I will say ....hmm....that "shoe" fits me...maybe I'll go for a walk".

I am in a self professed strange mood today, and I sorta dig it...hehe
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/31/2008 5:05 AM (#8078 - in reply to #8035)

PhD Alumni

Namaste Lori x