Feast Day of St Mary Magdalene
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/22/2008 5:01 AM (#7574)
Subject: Feast Day of St Mary Magdalene

PhD Alumni

This is today. The time is Now.

How paradoxically serendiptously synchrnoistic is that ?

a wonderful wonderful, true Metaphysician ...

maybe of this, more anon (after my meeting - gota go now !!)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/22/2008 9:32 AM (#7587 - in reply to #7574)
Subject: RE: Feast Day of St Mary Magdalene

PhD Alumni

... continued, as promised:

SAILING INTO THE CAPITAL OF THE AZORES, MADELENA, IN PREPARATION FOR SWIMMING WITH WILD DOLPHINS
('Madelena', dedicated to the Holy Lady, Magdalene..)

We berthed in Madelena on her feast day -
She who'd washed Jesus' feet with tears
And dried them long hair that had been touched
By countless men, she who'd been delivered of seven devils

The waves were high and mist hid the volcano
While the shearwaters hugged the foam white topes
She'd been first to see, after crucifixion, Him -
A gardener risen from the earth

Will you allow us in now Magdalena
Can we find new life in you again?
As we pollute the seas can you heal
Our disease - if not, what on earth shall we do?

....................... and from

http://reluctant-messenger.com/gospel-magdalene.htm :

' - The Gospel of Mary Magdalene has Taoist and Buddhist concepts presented in first century Christian Semantics.
Jesus is quoted as saying that "All natures, all formed things, all creatures exist in and with one another and will again be resolved into their own roots, because the nature of matter is dissolved into the roots of its nature " ... and later (same source

" They grieved and mourned greatly, saying, "How shall we go to the Gentiles and preach the Gospel of the Kingdom of the Son of Man? If even he was not spared, how shall we be spared?"

Then Mary stood up and greeted all of them and said to her brethren, "Do not mourn or grieve or be irresolute, for his grace will be with you all and will defend you. Let us rather praise his greatness, for he prepared us and made us into men." When Mary said this, their hearts changed for the better, and they began to discuss the words of the [Savior].

Peter said to Mary, "Sister, we know that the Savior loved you more than other women [cf. John 11:5, Luke 10:38-42]. Tell us the words of the Savior which you have in mind since you know them; and we do not, nor have we heard of them." .....'

Namaste,
Paul

Edited by Paul Joseph 7/22/2008 9:33 AM
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/22/2008 11:36 AM (#7592 - in reply to #7574)

PhD Alumni

http://tombofjesus.com/2007/index.html

Before I leave dear Mary for the day, here is a link to an interesting site that gives loads of references and links to the system of thinking that believes Jesus did not die on the Cross, was resuscitated not resurrected and returned to the East, to continue his teaching & ministry there.

Blessings everyone.
Rose
Posted 7/23/2008 4:40 PM (#7628 - in reply to #7592)

Student

How beautiful is this, I just found this thread.

Yes I've been watching and reading the similarities between all sorts of famous spiritual figures and leaders etc.

Now don't qoute me because I don't have time to reference this but I believe it was Joeseph in the old testament that had twelve brothers and Juhas one of the brothers sold him for 20 coins, then we move into the new testament and Jesus has twelve disciples and Judas sold him out for 30 coins.

Both started their spiritual teachings at 30 years old....there are a load of similiarities and more as we cross into the Buddhist teachings..I have a book that parallels the teachings of Buddha that are nearly verbatim to the teachings of Jesus Christ and Buddha predated Jesus by some 5000 years...

Well Paul forgive me for being late in joining you in your celebration but here I am....celebrating Mary.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/24/2008 6:43 AM (#7660 - in reply to #7628)

PhD Alumni

Nice Rose, thanks. If you get chance to check out the Tomb of Jesus site, you will see there that in very brief, the sense is that Jesus went to the East in his 'lost years' - 12 - 30; came back having absorbed Buddhist and Yogic influences into his Judaism, taught that combo, survived the resurrection by Yogic techniques, was brought down before death, hence ,looked like death when Mary M thought him to be the gardener, then went 'back' to the East as St Issa (there were scrolls naming him that have now disappeared) ... and the 3 wise men were actually, from the East lokking for the incarnation of the Dalai Llama of that Age ...

This all might sound heretical, but for me, it emphasies the unity and integrity of spirituality and actually, enahnces Jesus' stature ...

paddy
Posted 7/22/2010 12:51 AM (#19662 - in reply to #7574)

Thanks for mentioning this, I wasn't aware there was such a feast day.

There is a book "The Magdalen Manuscript" by Tom Kenyon & Judi Sion, that contains "channeled material" related to Mary Magdalen.
I found these writings quite beautiful and inspiring.

At some point pondering the phenomena of very dear psychic relationships, I resolved that people can become acquainted to such a level as to recognize the "spiritual signatures" of one another without being in physical proximity. This seems careful work in discernment that enables a person to sort out the inputs to their spiritual channels to a level where they can identify to high degrees of probability who is in spiritual communication with them.

This may be something that Magdalene could do and so could possibly be a reason why she was favored. In this context, her announcement of Resurrection may have been triggered by her recognition of some special spiritual signature that she had long grown familiar with, the announcement as affirming spiritual continuity transcending physical death.

Possibly such abilities complement the notion that some things are more easily accomplished between soul mates than between those having no sense of what such a relationship might be like.

paddy

Paul Joseph
Posted 8/6/2010 7:14 AM (#19823 - in reply to #19662)

PhD Alumni

Thanks for the links Paddy, sorry, was away when this was posted so did not catch up with it till now ... Mary Magdalene was - and is ! - a wonderful figure ; amazing how the Bible has her the first to see Jesus risen (if he had resuscitated rather than resurrected, he must have looked very much the worse for wear, hence maybe why she mistook him for a gardener; then again, symbolically, Jesus was a gardener and we are in the Garden)

The poem was written as we sailed into the port named after her on the tiny island of Pico in the Azores, where we to watch whales and swim with muigrating (not captive) dolphins

Edited by Paul Joseph 8/6/2010 7:15 AM
FoxFires
Posted 8/8/2010 9:10 PM (#19906 - in reply to #19823)
Subject: Feast Day of St Mary Magdalene

Alumni

Paul,

Beautiful story

Love and Light
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/9/2010 6:31 AM (#19919 - in reply to #19906)

PhD Alumni

And to you too, Foxfires