New Discussion Board for UMS is at StarlightJournal.com
Christine Breese
Posted 7/13/2008 11:29 PM (#7161)
Subject: New Discussion Board for UMS is at StarlightJournal.com

UMS

Hello everyone,

Our discussion board will be moving to www.starlightjournal.com within a month or two. This discussion board is not search engine friendly, so we are moving to one that is. You all have such wonderful conversations here that it would be good if the world could see them. In the long run, we will have far more users if we start showing up in searches for the subjects y'all talk about, so I would like to let you know that at some point we are going to disable this discussion board and archive it and send all traffic to the starlightjournal discussion board. All your conversations will be preserved here, but shortly we'll carry on all our conversations on the other site.

I invite you to try it out! I guarantee you're going to like it! Go to http://www.starlightjournal.com/forum and check it out! We'll let you use this one for a while longer til we see that you are getting used to the other one, but at some point we're going to move the whole party over there! It's actually far more versatile and visually beautiful at that discussion board. I frequent that one more, too, it's easier to use.

See you there!

Luv, Christine
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tracy Ann
Posted 7/13/2008 11:38 PM (#7163 - in reply to #7161)
Subject: RE: New Discussion Board for UMS is at StarlightJournal.com

I cant log in with my name and password??? lol
Christine Breese
Posted 7/13/2008 11:50 PM (#7166 - in reply to #7161)

UMS

You'll have to create a new username and password there, but you can use the same one as you use here, if you want, there won't be a conflict! Just re-create the same one there so you'll all recognize each other!
Tracy Ann
Posted 7/13/2008 11:53 PM (#7167 - in reply to #7166)

K ty for that. Will do
instinctual
Posted 7/14/2008 12:31 AM (#7168 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

Hi Christine,
Starlightjournal.com is a lovely site. I suppose change in life is inevitable. . I know a few of us were hesitant to even check it out, happily stuck in the familiar!! Funny, that reaction!

In any event, thank you for the opportunity and the creation of both of these forums of communication!

Lori
sunflower
Posted 7/14/2008 2:42 AM (#7170 - in reply to #7161)

Elite Veteran

yeh hi,i have tried to join the starlight,several times in fact,and nothing happens,tracey said a while ago she would have a word,still nothing happened,i had a pass word,and username,i contacted you loads of times,you never replied.So,as it seems i can,t get on for some reason or another,i will read others posts from time to time,on your starlight,knew this would be so,love and light to you my friend,iris.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/14/2008 8:39 AM (#7181 - in reply to #7170)

PhD Alumni

Maybe we need a valediction ceremony. Or farewell to arms. Or alms ! Ha ha (have to laugh at my own jokes in case noone else will!)

Been nice to know everyone here.

Blessings.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/14/2008 8:40 AM (#7182 - in reply to #7181)

PhD Alumni

But when will it all end ? Or transmigrate ? ....
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/14/2008 8:59 AM (#7183 - in reply to #7182)

PhD Alumni

Apologies for my last two rather silly posts - just grieving in anticipation the demise of this site...
stillness
Posted 7/14/2008 9:58 AM (#7184 - in reply to #7161)

Student

Yes, PJ... I'll miss this site too.... I have spent many, many hours browsing and enjoying the forum.

I've looked at the starlight site a several times but cannot get to grips with it.  Maybe when I'm more able to take in complex visual info it will be easier for me.  The gentleness and simplicity of this forum has been really easy with my current "disabilities"

Is there a UMS student/ graduate area on it?.... Or will there still be a smaller student forum on the UMS site itself?

Paul Joseph
Posted 7/14/2008 10:16 AM (#7185 - in reply to #7184)

PhD Alumni

Dear Stillness - there are no such thing as 'disabilities', just different perceptions, or vibrations of ability.

I also have tried several times to browse the Starlight site and just find that I cannot. Not sure why; somehow it just complexes me out !!

Blessings
Paul
stillness
Posted 7/14/2008 10:40 AM (#7186 - in reply to #7161)

Student

Thanks for you kind words...

Christine's post at the beginning says there is still a month or two left of this site...

As they say, things end so that new things can come in..... nature abohrs a vaccume.... the universe provides... etc

instinctual
Posted 7/14/2008 10:49 AM (#7187 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

You know, although it is a different format, I had a brief, but fun live one on one chat with Tracy a while back at the new site...it could open up all new kinds of fun and experiences!!
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/14/2008 10:51 AM (#7188 - in reply to #7186)

PhD Alumni

... though the provision is not always as we might wish for ! x
instinctual
Posted 7/14/2008 1:35 PM (#7191 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

Trais True, yet having said that, what can we do?

se la vie!

New acquaintances will be made, old ones either fostered deeper, or lost.... aww heck, them's the breaks, kid.

Tracy Martin
Posted 7/14/2008 1:44 PM (#7192 - in reply to #7161)

Alumni

To go to the Forums, go to StarlightJournal.com/Forums/General Discussion

There is an instant chat feature there too.

Paul Joseph
Posted 7/14/2008 5:12 PM (#7198 - in reply to #7192)

PhD Alumni

As A A Milne's Winnie the Pooh said,

"I am a bear of little brain"

Or, as in Zen

No brain

Paul Joseph
Posted 7/14/2008 5:13 PM (#7199 - in reply to #7198)

PhD Alumni

C'est la vie

No regrets
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/14/2008 6:11 PM (#7201 - in reply to #7161)

Alumni

This board will be here for a little while longer Pooh.

Our Supertech is already working on the new forum to make it look less complicated. There will also be a Student's section on it.  

instinctual
Posted 7/14/2008 7:15 PM (#7203 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

aww Pooh, a new nickname for you!

Uh and, come on. "As A A Milne's Winnie the Pooh said,

"I am a bear of little brain"

Or, as in Zen

No brain"

I have been handing out spanking lately. Shall you get in line? Where did that come from? You make me laugh. ( smile too )

Actually, the site is larger and more complex because it has more going on...but I think it will be very user friendly once we get the hang of it. I created a new post there, waving to old and new friends. I hope we all connect!

I have a hunch that we will be kicking and screaming and the last ones to "shut out the light" here on this site. This is automatic and familiar. But we will move on!

Love and Happy Stuff to everyone!!
sunflower
Posted 7/16/2008 1:56 AM (#7264 - in reply to #7192)

Elite Veteran

hiagain,i tried the starlight,i got on etc,saw some of my familiar soulmates,they had answered my blog,but when i replied with exitement,and pressed something to submit,it disappeared,gone,kaput,into the ether haha.Went to the forums,did same,gone,again.Oh my,i,m having a hard time(sob)trying to understand it,this is not a complaint (couln,t spell critisism),just confusion,i,ll keep on trying for a while,but PLEASE can,t i stay on here,even if its only me talking to me(nothing unusual there,normal for me)this is so easy,and homely,i think i,m out of my depth,or thick.love and hugs irisxxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/16/2008 10:18 AM (#7265 - in reply to #7264)

PhD Alumni

Not only talking to yourself Iris, I'm listening !

Yours

Winnie the Pooh

(living [under a Board] in the forest under the name of Saunders)!!

A winnie the pooh joke xx
searching
Posted 7/16/2008 11:05 AM (#7269 - in reply to #7264)

Regular

speak iris, i will listen for your voice through the darkness.
with live Jerry
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/16/2008 12:20 PM (#7272 - in reply to #7269)

PhD Alumni

Lots of Still Small Voices make a Holy Host !

Paul Joseph
Posted 7/16/2008 1:43 PM (#7280 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

Got to go and prepare dinner for my familial host

Namaste All
sunflower
Posted 7/16/2008 2:57 PM (#7282 - in reply to #7265)

Elite Veteran

ahh,life,as i know it,thankyou,winnie,starlight,my familiar friends,can we three all live in the forest,and become an extinct tribe,we could call ourselves,"the lost tribe of umslingos",we could start a diary of events,starting "A long,long,time ago,in the forest of Pooh,there remained 3 umslingos bears......"can we,can we,are you hearing the umslingo call!!!!love and hugs,sunlingo!
instinctual
Posted 7/16/2008 3:49 PM (#7288 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

AHAHAHA Oh Iris.. AHAHAHA NOt laughing at you, just smiling out loud with you!!!!! So sweet..!
Rose
Posted 7/16/2008 9:38 PM (#7291 - in reply to #7282)

Student

Sunflower, I love this idea. We will live Green...develop living habitation for every one of our families, everyone has natural resources we can build and generate our own and not live by the leave of "big brother". Wouldn't that be wonderful. Grow our own fresh produce....learn to master the herbs and natural growing things of our surrounding habitation. Learn in a way that helps to support the community but keeps regenerating new resources for future generations. I wonder how long we would be allowed to live peacefully before someone felt they had to meddle.

Like the peaceful monks of Tibet...they just couldn't leave them alone in peace...

Love and Peace to you beautiful Sunflower...
mruppert
Posted 7/16/2008 11:46 PM (#7293 - in reply to #7161)

Hello Felicicat and Sunster:
     Rosey.....don't you realize that what we have done has caused us to have our little time on Earth, but doomed us! We could have survived in the forest, but we have systematically destroyed what keeps that very same forest alive.
     It is not that I am a doomsayer, just the opposite! But, I am an historian and a scientist. My best of all wishes and hopes and dreams is not going to save us....and in weight of all evidences, nothing will save us. We will be the dinosaurs of some future exploration.
     I say this because we are the "blue" planet, the third from our sun, and we will always sustain some form of life. But not that we wish to have.
     In this vast universe, there is most likely NOT another planet that is  blue and third from a star. There is most likely not another us.....there may be some other entities, but they would be so foreign to us that we wouldn't know them even if we saw them.
      With age brings wisdom, or dementia, or both. And, I just might have a touch of the two. But, I am still deeply saddened by the fact that "we" could have done so many things, but we choose to destroy ourselves.

With Peace and Love to all,
Marty and Luckylee, Poppyhead and SissyGirl
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/17/2008 3:57 AM (#7300 - in reply to #7282)

PhD Alumni

See you around the watchfires, Sunflower x
sunflower
Posted 7/17/2008 4:16 AM (#7303 - in reply to #7300)

Elite Veteran

hi,i,ll be there,in my leaves of many colours,lovingly cooking a nourishing meal,out of all the food nature lovingly provides for uswhilst you and searching,collect fuel for our warmth,and to light the dark nights.Makng sure we are safe from any intruders who may harm our loving exsistence.I,m not such a great cook,so you musn,t be fussy,our first meal will be umstew,full of goodness,and love,we will sing songs around our camfire,i,ll go first,as my voice is so out of tune,no enemy will not dare come near,then we will sing in harmony,our tribe song,umsolingo,love to you always,irisxxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/17/2008 6:21 AM (#7304 - in reply to #7303)

PhD Alumni

Sounds good; you must be a better cook than me !
sunflower
Posted 7/18/2008 6:16 AM (#7350 - in reply to #7304)

Elite Veteran

hi,no,i just read the instructions on the packet,actualy,just thinking of that,isn,t life similar,some just read the instructons,laid down by the maker of the product,apply,and have faith it will work,then get confused when having followed all the instruction,can,t understand why sometimes it turns out wrong,when in fact,if they had true faith and trust in themselves,they could buy the ingredient,or get them from their garden,spend a short time in the quiet thinking what to make,their intent,prepare the ingredents,put them all together,in aloving mindful way,and the resut would be an end product that brings love and nourishment to all,am i makig sense here,cos i know what i mean,but sometimes have trouble writing it down,and putting it across,as i see it in my head.Lordy Lordy,i do go on don,t i,i just get so enthusiastic,and carried away,the child in me again.Oh,how can all this end,okay,love and hugs irisxxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/18/2008 6:23 AM (#7351 - in reply to #7350)

PhD Alumni

Dear Sunflower

I think you are making sense; equally, there are many paths to the Divine, and sometimes, if we are straying or uncertain or lost, or even if we are saying good stuff, external perspectives can help to clarify .... slightly off that, but coming into my mind is another Shakespeare-ianism, spoken by Hamlet: 'There is a destiny that shapes our ends ... rough hew them how we may' x

Or perhaps, the golden light emanating from creation needs all colour to manifest its true radiance ... before dissolution then, re-volution into darkness and beyond ...
Rose
Posted 7/18/2008 9:59 AM (#7363 - in reply to #7351)

Student

What is that Paul? Is that a ring of fire? I'm referring to your picture.

Love and Peace to you...
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/18/2008 10:11 AM (#7364 - in reply to #7363)

PhD Alumni

Hello Rose, it is a new planetary system (from 'proofs of God' thread):
[hope you like it!] blessings

http://space.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7564

A spectacular, luminous ring offers the best evidence yet that a nearby star is circled by a newly formed solar system.
The ring is composed of dust particles in orbit around Fomalhaut, a bright star located just 25 light years away in the constellation Pisces Australis – or the Southern Fish. A recent image captured with the Hubble Space Telescope - which makes the system look uncannily like the Great Eye of Sauron from the blockbusting Lord of the Rings trilogy - confirms that Fomalhaut’s ring is curiously offset with respect to the star.
The most likely explanation is that the gravity of one or more unseen planets is dragging the ring askew. The fact that the inner edge of the ring is relatively well-defined adds further weight to the argument because it suggests the unseen planets are sweeping up stray dust within the radius of the ring.
The image was captured by astronomers at the University of California, Berkeley, US, and NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center using Hubble’s coronagraph. This device blocks the glare of a star while gathering the faint reflected light from any surrounding ring.
The new image is the first time Fomalhaut’s ring has been seen in visible light.
sunflower
Posted 7/18/2008 12:08 PM (#7373 - in reply to #7364)

Elite Veteran

oh paul,don,t be so shy and unassuming,everyone knows now,it isTHE ring,the one you have kept for me,for so long,the ring i was waiting for,oh,Lordy Lordy,i am overcome with the vapours,i accept,even the universe has given us its blessing,when shall we announce the date,to all our friends here,it has to be before this site dissappears,so all our friends can be there,they already know its in the forest,maybe we have been a bit careless with our subtle clues to each other,no matter,all are welcome,now paul,we have no need to hide our passion...love to you my pooh bear,love and hugs,soon to be,iris pooh,(maybe i have been called that for a while,haha)luv and hugs,irisxxxx
Rose
Posted 7/18/2008 12:08 PM (#7374 - in reply to #7364)

Student

Wow, now that is cool....I hope they get exploratory pictures of this for our local planetarium, they have a screen that is half domed over a large theater complex. You can view close up, the galaxies, invidivual stars etc and get a realistic idea of their placement.

Thanks for sharing this and blessings to you to Paul.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/18/2008 5:57 PM (#7377 - in reply to #7374)

PhD Alumni

Thanks so much Rose and Sunflower .. this is such lovely fun indeed the Great Game, the Highest Dance ....

... the Cosmos awaits ....

Blessings
mruppert
Posted 7/18/2008 11:48 PM (#7380 - in reply to #7161)

Hi there all:
     Rosebud might know this song.....PJ and Sunny reminded me of it! It is written and sung by a guy named Billy Thorpe, who played in a band for a while with Rokey Erikson(sp?...too many years....of the "Creature With the Atom Brain" fame). Anyway, Billy's song is called "Children of the Sun" and a damn good song it is, innit? It starts out with "People of the Earth can you hear me?"
      I am going to play it now, for you Sunglasses, but not as loud as I would like, as my neighbors just don't understand!!

Peace signs and Lovebugs,
Marty and Sillycon Cats, Luckster, Poppyaurahead, and Sissyzilla
sunflower
Posted 7/19/2008 4:02 AM (#7385 - in reply to #7380)

Elite Veteran

oh thanyou so much mr muppet,we have our wedding march song paul,"children of the sun",i can hear it from hear,i have tears of joy in my eyes,all are so peased for us,i am dancing with joy,i am singing our umslingo call,dance the dance with me paul,(but don,t stand on my toes)i bruise easily,our babies will be named after the new planets,and stars,we must make plans immediately,the universe awaits,"The Lord of the dance",we are truly blessed,this day i will never forget,i am off to prepare our wedding cake,it will have 7 tier(a bit big i know)but we must celebrate with all the colours of the rainbow,indigo is my favourite colour,maybe if we have our first born a girl,you will agree to call her this!!!!!!hugs and kisses,sunligoxxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/19/2008 4:58 AM (#7386 - in reply to #7380)

PhD Alumni

I don't know the Billy Thorpe song, but I know, and you might, the Tyrannosaurus Rex one (: the group, not the extinct creature .... may be misspelt too like Gurdieff, don;t know why i did that - twice too ! Well spotted) ...

... anyhow, for those who might not recall, said Tyrannosaurus Rex became T.Rex, all the time fronted by Marc Bolan, and they did 'Children of Rarn' (think that was it), an early 70s ditty that was very plaintiff, sombre and magical ....

Anyhow, this evoked a little doggerel ditty of my own, which I hope resonates at some level:

We are children of the sun
sons and daughters of Light
billions as One
born to burn bright

xx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/19/2008 10:02 AM (#7391 - in reply to #7385)

PhD Alumni

Sacred Marriage is a very ancient key theme in metaphysics ... it is the union of the God and Goddess ... "the source moment that generates and regenerates the world and man" (Joseph Campbell, 'The Hero with a Thousand Faces') ... in alchemy it is, according to Jung, the Mysterium Coniunctonis, the mysterious conjunction at the heart of all things ... where our individual soul dissolves into its dark night, to disperse, then reassemble, as integrated internally, wholly male and female, each of us, such that the symbolic sacred marriage is a perpetual cycle of renewing and healing: each of our unique individual souls becoming whole and united, wholly one with the Eternal Divine.
instinctual
Posted 7/19/2008 11:05 AM (#7421 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

"We are children of the sun
billions as One
born to burn bright"

That is......"brilliant" inside and out.
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/19/2008 12:01 PM (#7423 - in reply to #7421)

PhD Alumni

How lovely of you, Lovely Lori, clearly i have difficulties clearing off of here ... I did want to tweak this, just to change the capitalization somewhat so as to make it more technically symmetrical & novel - hence

we are children of the Sun
billions as One
born to burn Bright

... so glad it resonated Lori & like your pun
instinctual
Posted 7/19/2008 4:50 PM (#7448 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

I guess I am full of puns today, among other things ( she says sheepishly )!

sunflower
Posted 7/20/2008 2:20 AM (#7465 - in reply to #7391)

Elite Veteran

hi,i loved the poem,so fitting,i sometimes have troube understanding your words mr pooh,but i try to grasp them,you have much more knowledge than i,and will have to grasp it.One thing that slightly disturbed mewas the reference to Jung,the Mysterium Coniunctions(i had to copy that from your Post,as i couldn,t pronounce it)this sounds like a disease(no disrespect to Jung,or you,but before our marriage takes place,should i have myself checked out by a doctor,i don,t want the "coniunctions",on our big day,i hope you understand,i do trust you,but i need to know where youve been,before the "night",i feel the universe is joining in our fun,and stop flirting with the bridesmaid,it may be tradition,but all that stops here,i don,t want my good friend,soulmate ,catching Coni....whatever.
mruppert
Posted 7/20/2008 3:49 AM (#7471 - in reply to #7385)

It is an "electric" song with plenty of good guitar:

ARTIST: Billy Thorpe
TITLE: Children of the Sun
Lyrics

People of the earth can you hear me
Came a voice from the sky on that magical night
And in the colors of a thousand sunsets
They traveled to the world on a silvery light

The people of the earth stood waiting
Watching as the ships came one by one
Setting fire to the sky as they landed
Carrying to the world children of the sun, children of the sun

All at once came a sound from the inside
Then a beam made of light hit the ground
Everyone felt the sound of their heartbeat
Every man, every woman, every child

They passed the limits of imagination
Through the door to the world of another time
And on the journey of a thousand lifetimes
With the children of the sun, they started to climb

Children of the sun, children of the sun

No more gravity, nothing holding them down
Floating endlessly, as their ship leaves the ground
Through the walls of time, at the speed of light
Fly the crystal ships on their celestial flight, on their celestial flight

Children of the sun, children of the sun...
And now I shall try to attach a sound file, but I dunno if that will work......nope....ain't gonna happen as my cd drive is done for. But, you have good fingers on your hands and with a little tippy-typing will find the song in all it's glory.

It is a shame that Billy and Roky split up, but Roky went on to record "Creature With the Atom Brain" which I played as a young dj on Halloween and got hundreds of calls...and a raise in salary since our listenership zoomed after that fateful night. Yes, I played Bobby "Boris"  Picketts "Monster Mash" twenty times, because the station manager told me to.....but I also played Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London" which lite up the phones...amazing as no one had ever heard of him at that time!
      I leave you all with the prophetic vision of an upstate New York group, called New Math, who had their one big song, and this is for you Trace: "They Walk Among You".......oh crappola, I cannot imbed the link...search for it and you will not be disappointed...particularly my message, "we walk among you,and your lucky that we do!"

Peace Profound,
Marty and Felix cats, Luck, Popp, and Sissy
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/20/2008 10:46 AM (#7473 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

Thanks for the fullness Marty ..

... and Sunnny-one you have such a marvellous, playful sense of humour; really lightens the day; though I have to say, that you have to take us as you find us, flirtations and all : all of us are good friends together in this wonderful sweet-shop of the Board xx

(The) God needs to have fun, S/He/They/We have such a lot of serious business to which to attend ... x

and coniunctonis is extremely contagious; its symptoms are called, joy
instinctual
Posted 7/20/2008 11:57 AM (#7477 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

Dear me, thanks for such a share of sing song, Marty Man....I at the age of almost 47 have never heard of such people...but my husband's ears perked up ! ahaha He is thoroughly entertained by all of us here-

Iris, my lovely Iris, my kindred spirit, my playful companion...among the many...I understand that contracting 'coniunctions' in addition to the symptom of joy that Rev. Paul mentioned can also be responsible for thought provocation and various levels of hysteria!
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/20/2008 1:11 PM (#7482 - in reply to #7477)

PhD Alumni

... laughing hysterically yours,

Me !! Quite so lessings
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/20/2008 1:14 PM (#7483 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

Sorry, blessings ! Or More-ings ... or, mor-rings
instinctual
Posted 7/20/2008 1:27 PM (#7486 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

ahaha thanks! Blessings right backatya warp speed...Mach 1...pronto, rapido....etcetera !
sunflower
Posted 7/21/2008 4:07 AM (#7499 - in reply to #7471)

Elite Veteran

i realy love the words to that song mr muppet,thankyou for sharing,you are lovely.Okay,paul,lori,now,i will let you have time together,but i must close my eyes,who knows what positions of the dance you wil perform,i am pure,i am whole,(sort of),so must not be corrupted,oh!!!,by the way,on a serious note,i have not heard from searching for a long while,lori,is he on starlight,do you know,i must go now,i have preparations to make,bye lori,bye pooh,i will return soon,i send my love and hugs,p.s.i cannot grasp starlight at all,it took me a year to get round this,haha,luv yaxxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/21/2008 4:11 AM (#7500 - in reply to #7499)

PhD Alumni

Oh sweet Sunflower, how correct you are ... do not be concerned, the dance is pure, as with the great Beloved, Shiva, all is for the best, in this, the best of all worlds (Miranda from Shakespeare, I think, though am open to correction - The Tempest)

The Holy Love of the Divine is incorruptible, incorrigable, and eternally rediscoverable. Nothing is ever lost.

Bless Be !!
sunflower
Posted 7/21/2008 9:45 AM (#7505 - in reply to #7500)

Elite Veteran

hi paul,thanks for reasuuring me,i have nothing to fear,do you know when this site is actualy closing,is there a date,as i am getting confused,and come on every day,wondering if it wil be gone,its quite unsettling,gosh,i sound a right sad case don,t i,like some may say,e.g get a life,well,to those who do,i would say,i love my friends here,i feel safe here,and whats wrong with being with those we love,we were all once strangers,and have now grown a very close bond,isn,t that what God would want for us,i know we have to grow,and learn,which to my mind we do anyway,from everdays life experiences,its nice to come home,and be with friends,like an old comfortable pair of slippers,i don,t mean our an old slipper,hahaha,but you know what i mean.okay,have a good day,may you always be in sunlight,your umslingo one..love and hugs,irisxxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/21/2008 9:51 AM (#7506 - in reply to #7505)

PhD Alumni

Who are you calling an old slipper - and barely left the altar ?! xx Ha ha ..

...........I have absolutely no knowledge of when this site is closing, just doing all I can to make hay whilst the sun shines, so to speak, keeping posting as every post may be our last ... before disappearing into that wild blue yonder ... but as Herne the Hunter used to say in that old TV classic with Michael Praed, Robin of Sherwood (about Robin Hood, for our US cousins, who, it said, was a form of a British shamanic tradition ...) ... [where was I?] oh yes.... as Herne the Hunter used to say,

"Nothing is forgotten" .. and when told of Robin Hood's 'death' : 'Ah, then he is Free' ................ Namaste in ye olde English xx
sunflower
Posted 7/21/2008 10:15 AM (#7507 - in reply to #7506)

Elite Veteran

hahaha!ok,new shoe,pooh,we will not go into the wild blue yonder,we will go into the wild green forest,"remember",gosh,i hope you aren,t going to leave me standing at the tree,gilted,i,m on the 5th tier of the cake,okay,love to you,must go and toil,over a hot wood fire,love and hugs,irisxxxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/21/2008 12:55 PM (#7516 - in reply to #7507)

PhD Alumni

deffo no no xx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/21/2008 1:15 PM (#7521 - in reply to #7516)

PhD Alumni

sorry was interrupted, sorry, no not deserting, but the wild blue yonder & the greenwood cannot so easily be divorced ... all is One, One is all and Eternal

Silver Surfering ... (I mean the Marvel comics, not the aged ones ...)

See you on the Edge xx or over It ...
instinctual
Posted 7/21/2008 1:49 PM (#7522 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

Oh PJ

I realize attempting to harness an Aquarian is likened to stopping the roar and force of an ocean with a cork. You remind me so much of my son, who likes to "put it all out there", then once asked for clarification, responds, "that's just the way it is" !

Your response made me laugh, and smile. I feel such great love for all of you. I don't even remember what thread you typed that response in..because I cannot find it now!

Just playfulness here...such humility and infectious conoctuitisism or whatever that dis-ease was associated with metaphorical STD's!

I hope you all feel my energies of pure intention and peace and Light.
L
Administrator
Posted 7/21/2008 2:19 PM (#7523 - in reply to #7161)

Faculty

You guys are hilarious and make me laugh til I cry. Sunflower, you are soooo funny!
instinctual
Posted 7/21/2008 4:16 PM (#7526 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

Hello administrator! Yes, sunflower causes us to feel, think, aspire..without airs..just by standing in celebration of who she is.

sunflower
Posted 7/21/2008 4:42 PM (#7531 - in reply to #7526)

Elite Veteran

hellooo,lori,thanks mr or mrs administrator,i am pleased that i make someone laugh,its the best medicine.Funny,i was asking you lori earlier today if you,d heard anything of seaching,and i just swithced on,now,and i see he,s on,so,searching,if you read this,a BIG hello,r u okay.I hope you are still in our tribe,have you been in the forest,preparing for lift off,i,m soooo exited about it,i finished the cake,poohs getting his clothes ready,cos i read his thing on clothes tips,under a guise of a differnt reason,i would be proud to se him in rupert bear trousers,and his umslingo t shirt,hahah.Lori,i am intending to get in touch with you soon!!,is there any time that is good for you.I am getting nervous now,of poohs and mine,first night,my lack of experience,may cause him to stray,please advise me.By the way,what time is it there,it is 9.40pm,here,so you have to advise me on the time difference,so i don,t wake you.okay,i,m just going round the block(don,t tell pooh)he may take that the wrong way,to see whats happening,then i,m off to bed,to sleep the sleep of us umlingos,love and hugs irisxxx
instinctual
Posted 7/21/2008 6:54 PM (#7536 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

Oh Iris ahahaaa!! ell. keeping in mind the time difference, I believe you are 8 hours ahead of me ( 4 PM here now means it is midnight for you ) and I am up at night until probably 10 PM, which is 8 AM for you...

My only advice for your honeymoon night is to be the gentle and playful tiger you are. Roarrrrrrrrr

Love to you both and all. Have you picked rings, or will you just wear the burning ring of God as your symbol of devotion?

Yes, sorry I forgot to respond about Searching to you earlier, I have not seen him, glad you noticed that he was on and OK!

Love to all..
mruppert
Posted 7/21/2008 8:30 PM (#7538 - in reply to #7161)

Hiho all: SunDew.......a little song for you and your beau!

I wanna find somebody to care,
I wanna catch some rice in my hair
I need love and I want you, I do,
I wanna spend my life loving you.

Refrain: Rice Is Nice, that's what they say,
Rice Is Nice, throw some my way,
Rice Is Nice on any day,
Twice as nice when violins play.

If I decide to walk beside you,
Can I depend on your love being true?
And when I get older and wrinkles are there,
Will I still find some rice in my hair?

Refrain: Rice is nice
, that's what they say,
Rice Is Nice, throw some my way,
Rice Is Nice on any day,
Twice as nice when violins play.

-The Lemon Pipers, circa some year that I was young

Peace and More,
Marty and Archies cats, Lucky, Poppy and Sissy
    -Oh Sugar,meow meow meow
     Oh honey honey, meow meow meow,
     You are my candy cat,
     And you've got me lovin' you!
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/22/2008 2:21 AM (#7548 - in reply to #7161)

Alumni

I'm laughing all over the place. Thank you!
sunflower
Posted 7/22/2008 2:39 AM (#7551 - in reply to #7538)

Elite Veteran

hi mr muppet,oh i love that song,i,m singing it now(quietly,cos my neighbours will complain,correction,do complain wheni attempt my mario lanzo,s,and beatles etc)but my voice is not yet ready for american idol standard,but it must have a sweetness,as my garden is full of cats,singing in chorus with me,and as cats are intelligent,and know what they want,like,they obviuosly,are sending me a subtle message,fame may be mine.Thankyou mr muppet for giving us that song,we will sing it on the dark nights,around the campfire,to keep us warm,(well,to be honest,i,m hoping,pooh will keep me warm,and light my fire)nudge,nudge,you are thoughtful,and caring,i do hope you will be joining us in the forest,what fun we wil all have,dancing,singing,etc,around the campfires,though i suspect pooh and i will have to sneak off at intervals,to do our private dance,i hope he is well learned in the art,as i don,t want sweet meataphysical words whispered inmy year day and night,simply because i don,t understand his big words,and i must gently tell him,not to quote verses this or that,or he will spot my ingnorance,but maybe i worry too much,as when we do meet for the first time,i think he may be speechless,that will be an achievment,i mean it ina kind way of course.I wish you much love.hugs and kisses,irisxxx
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/22/2008 2:59 AM (#7552 - in reply to #7161)

Alumni

Now, before you all go off eloping, trading secrets, and letting all the old skeletons in your closets roam free, you should know that Christine and I talked about the Discussion Board and Starlight and all of the things that many have said about the impending change. She was thrilled to hear about the things you said and plans on telling you so herself.

This Board will not be shut down. It will continue to be here at the University site. Enjoy!
mruppert
Posted 7/22/2008 3:08 AM (#7555 - in reply to #7161)

Ou Allah Akbar!
God is great, God is good!!!!!
sunflower
Posted 7/22/2008 3:13 AM (#7557 - in reply to #7536)

Elite Veteran

oh thankyou lori,i will take your advice,i may not be too gentle,as i am born of the lion,you know the damge they can do,when exitable,and i suspect pooh has something of the wild boar in him,two powerful beasts eh....,the forest will be shaking,the shock waves to be heard and felt for many a mile(i wouldn,t be surprised if we registered at 10,on the richter scale) but don,t be alarmed if the news on telly THAT night,speaks of rumblings,it will be us,you will know.I was thinking of keeping the ring that pooh found for me,though i may have to have it altered,from what he says,it sounds big(the ring)my fingers are small and dainty,andi don,t want him embarressed,by it falling off(the ring)hahahaha,we must also get together lori,and discuss my evening lingerie(is that spelt right for knickers and such)i want his eyes popping out at the sight of me in my glory,maybe you have ideas for me.i,m sure pooh has,but this is womens stuff,and he is not to be a party of it beforehand.Can you feel my growing exitement.i can hardly contain myself,but must be calmi don,t want to be shaking on the day,well not from nerves anyway,hahahah.Okay,i,ve got the time difference,thanks,i,ll be in touch very soon,it will be so lovely to hear you at lastOkay,i will end there,or my secrets will be given away,and i want pooh to be quietly surprised(i have a feeling he will,haha)maybe not so quiet,many a tune played on an old fiddle,as they say....love and hugs to you,irisxxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/22/2008 4:08 AM (#7560 - in reply to #7557)

PhD Alumni

WEll i never ... see what happens when you turn your back for a moment, log off, drop off, and here's me posting Herman Hesse poems about dying ... alleiluah - we do indeed LIVE IN THE AGE OF MIRACLES ... I have, honest, been trying Starlight, but i already consume so much Moonshine that more Cosmic Dust leaves me reeling and I have to leave some energy for the Chymical Wedding, Sacred Marriages and other such nuptials ... I am not sure really i am man enough for the task(s) that lie ahead in forest and cosmos, but if we can save this site, then truly, anyting is possible .. onward and upward ... maybe we should get this whole thing published as a Metaphyiscal Archive of contemporary thought, Love Across the Vapours, or some such ... now where did I put those rings ... Ah yes and TRacy & Chrsitine, that is wonderfjul , thank you so very much - we will not let you down !!!!! Pooh Hums, & Blessings & Blistering Blissings to All xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Love in the Dharma
Paul
sunflower
Posted 7/22/2008 7:50 AM (#7582 - in reply to #7560)

Elite Veteran

pooh pooh,of course you are man enough for the tasks,do not have any doubts now,or i,ll think you were leading me on,just to have this site back,now you have your wish,you may toss me aside,like flotsum(is that the right word,for dumping me)I have faith all will be well,it is written in the stars,did not the ring arrive when they saw our plight.hugs and umslove,irisxxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/22/2008 8:03 AM (#7586 - in reply to #7582)

PhD Alumni

We are all flotsam and jetsom in the warp and woof of the waves ... though as said before, we are all in this together, with, clearly for the Spirit, no special ones, everyone is loved equally, yet paradoxically, far more deeply than ever us can ever know.
sunflower
Posted 7/23/2008 2:22 AM (#7611 - in reply to #7586)

Elite Veteran

paul pooh,this thread has been such fun,to think it started with news that made us all saddened,and yet,we turned sadness to laughter,in our hour of need.I think,now this site is to stay,we should all have more fun and laughter,its lifts the vibes,and makes us feel so good,so looking froward in the future to us all laughing more,along with the serious stuff.Lori,mr muppet,searching,and so many more,i thankyou for our togethereness,our oneness,entering into the spirit,it shows how close we all have become,that initself,has been the miracle for mel aughter in the face of adversity,many times in my life,i have found this a true fact,so love to all,and lets all dance,laugh,play,as one,the universe is smiling,love and hugs,irisxxxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/23/2008 3:54 AM (#7614 - in reply to #7611)

PhD Alumni

Absolutely resonations, concordances, coniunctos and conjunctions Sunflower and All ... right on the button there .. and long may 'it' - WE - continue x

Winnie the Pooh and Piglet too ................
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/23/2008 6:20 PM (#7629 - in reply to #7161)

Alumni

If you have not been informed before:  This Discussion Board will remain here on the UMS website.

You may also visit http://www.StarlightJournal.com
mruppert
Posted 7/24/2008 12:52 AM (#7642 - in reply to #7161)

Here ....where it rightfully belongs.....we don't move the cave paintings at Lescaux to a shiney new arcade!
    We leave the reaching out to future mankind where it is. And, if we can ever be so privileged to visit, and put our hand in the same place as the person who placed their hand on the stone wall of the cave, we TOUCH AND FEEL AND KNOW that we are ONE....with that person, the past, the present and the future!
     Think of the joy that the person who left their handprint must feel when we touch it. We, who live thousands of years in the future. Think of how that artist, and he/she was an artist, has achieved what we all seek....and that is immortality. Imagine the smile on the face of one from so long ago, to know that their attempt to touch us is not forgotten.
Peace to our ancestral brothers and sisters,
Marty and Sabre-toothed cats, Luck, Popp and Sissth...she has a lisp...
sunflower
Posted 7/24/2008 1:32 AM (#7645 - in reply to #7629)

Elite Veteran

hi tracey,mr muppet,what r u talking about,kindly,i know the discussion board remains here ,open,and muppet,your comments confuse me,is it something i have misunderstood,have i been in the forest too long,i KNOW the discussion board is to remain open,therefore assume we can keep on talking to each other,as before,you make it sound as if i still think that it, is to be closedi am perplexed is closing,and it is just our threads will be left,etcWhat comment of mine,have u picked up on,and,that suggests i am mistaken,i am perplexed,and feel like a school child been told off for being thick,or am i,please do tell me,as all i said was,now its still to be open,i think we should all have more fun and laughter,etc,can you enlighten me
mruppert
Posted 7/24/2008 1:48 AM (#7647 - in reply to #7161)

G'day SunshineSuperwoman...don't get all feisty.....just me waxing poetic and Traceling reinforcing the message that the board remains.
Some only read certain forums and reply in chronological order, so they don't know that the UMS Discussions Board is alive and well, and getting better all the time. So, ya gotta reinforce the message.
Don't get a bee in your bonnet, but if you do, honey is good for the hair!!!!!

Peace and Squidges,
Mr. Muppet and Silly Cats, Luckee, Poppee and Sissee
sunflower
Posted 7/24/2008 2:17 AM (#7649 - in reply to #7647)

Elite Veteran

muppet,i wasn,t getting feisty,i was confused,have u never been cofused,mmm,i will continue to look amd listen,so i get it right,luv bees,wax lyrical,and,where have all the flowersgone!!!!
mruppert
Posted 7/24/2008 2:43 AM (#7650 - in reply to #7161)

Hello Solarflare:
    Indeed, a ball of confusion, but that's what the world is today, hey hey....lifted from a song.....
     Where have all the flowers gone? In answer, I give you a song called "The Rain, The Park and Other Things" by errr...ahhhh....it was either the Cowsills or the Partridge Family...I don't remember which...because  it was all the same to us. Go get it on the internet......you'll like it!

I saw her sitting in the rain
Raindrops falling on her
She didn't seem to care
She sat there and smiled at me

Then I knew I knew... I knew... I knew... I knew
She could make me happy happy... happy
She could make me very happy
Flowers in her hair (in her hair)
Flowers everywhere (everywhere)

I love the flower girl
Oh I don't know just why; she simply caught my eye
I love the flower girl
She seemed so sweet and kind; she crept into my mind
To my mind... to my mind

I knew I had to say hello hello... hello
She smiled up at me
And she took my hand and we walked through the park alone

And I knew I knew... I knew... I knew... I knew
She had made me happy happy... happy
She had made me very happy

I love the flower girl
Oh I don't know just why; she simply caught my eye
I love the flower girl
She seemed so sweet and kind; she crept into my mind
To my mind ... to my mind

Suddenly, the sun broke through
See the sun
I turned around she was gone
Where did she go
And all I had left was one little flower in my hand

But I knew I knew... I knew... I knew... I knew
She had made me happy happy... happy
She had made me very happy

I love the flower girl
Was she reality or just a dream to me
I love the flower girl
Her love showed me the way to find a sunny day
Sunny day... sunny day... sunny day

I love the flower girl
Was she reality or just a dream to me.

It is you Sunsplash,
Marty and KrazyKats, Luckyleeha, Poppypoopy, and ZizzyGrlll

Paul Joseph
Posted 7/24/2008 8:04 AM (#7664 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

Nice words ... was the Little Flower Girl in MacArthur Park ?! ... or the Windmills of your Mind ... ?!

Aah ... yezzz Beezz. some other posts recently about Bees ... ! the bees-neez
sunflower
Posted 7/24/2008 12:32 PM (#7669 - in reply to #7664)

Elite Veteran

Do you know,its not often i get confused,in fact i have much intelligence,when people speak intelligently,and honestly,and not in rhyme or riddle.Today has been one of such.Nice song,if taken in context true,but whats the bees-neez you are refering to,was it not you who spoke of the rarity of bees in britain,in slang,when someone refers to the beesnees,it refers to that person thinking something their not,who would that be then.I am starting to think,instintively,there is an undertone of something not good,do pray tell,or it wil have to be found out by other means.If i think something is amis,and spirit is used as a cover for other innocuous goings on,i can not rest,until i have got to the bottom of it.mmm
MollyB
Posted 7/24/2008 12:43 PM (#7670 - in reply to #7161)

Student

Marty,

I have been listening to that song on and off for the last 3 weeks????????? Now you're here singing it! Hmmmmm......synchronicities abound!

And hello to all! Sorry for the absence....life has been going as it goes, ya know. Hope everyone is well!

MollyB
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/24/2008 2:02 PM (#7674 - in reply to #7161)

Alumni

Welcome home Molly!!!!
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/24/2008 3:28 PM (#7682 - in reply to #7669)

PhD Alumni

Sorry no dearest Sunbeam, in my vernacular the Beesknees means, the business, the real deal, as in excellent; I am desperately in these joyous times craving for joyous agreement ...
mruppert
Posted 7/25/2008 10:06 PM (#7719 - in reply to #7670)

Hi all,
MalihaliBee:
     What's funny is I love that song, but I also love such things as VU stuff. I think that "Venus In Furs" is a very tactile, sensual, mystical song; and though I like the lyrics and movement of Heroin, it tries to replicate the experience, not give you the experience. I think the epitome of the Velvet Underground is "Sister Ray".
       We false id'd our way in (as they served the legal alcohol) to the Lamplight, in Greenwich Village, NYC. The sweetish smell to the smokey room was not something that we kids recognized. BUT, there was more to see! They finished their set with "Sister Ray" and Lou did "it" (if you know the context of the song) right on the stage, which probably explains the long interlude of music and pounding beat. Sterling Morrison and John Cale were in fine form; but my hat goes off to probably the ONLY female drummer at that time, Maureen Tucker, who had to play for what seemed to me a lifetime, but was probably a lot longer than the album version which runs about 22 minutes. She did these snare-tom-tom rolls.....she was sweating profusely, breaking sticks, and the crowd was going wild. She brought the song back to it's finale with a very delicate, intricate,  and beautiful roll with the bass drum leading....and then, it was over!
     We went back home to Brooklyn, energized by the White Light, White Heat that we had experienced. And, each of us, was never really quite the same again!!!!

Peace out,
Marty and Tom-Tom Cats, Lucky, Poppy and Sissy....btw, they don't like the song, they find it rather noisy.
mruppert
Posted 7/25/2008 10:25 PM (#7720 - in reply to #7161)

And Helios Eye-rys Girl:
     This Bobby Hebb song was, indeed, written just for you.....
"Sunny, yesterday my life was filled with rain.
Sunny, you smiled at me and really eased the pain.
The dark days are gone, and the bright days are here,
My Sunny one shines so sincere.
Sunny it is so true, I love you.

Sunny, thank you for the sunshine bouquet.
Sunny, thank you for the love you brought my way.
You gave to me your all
Now I feel ten feet tall.
Sunny it is  so true, I love you.

Sunny, thank you for the truth you let me see.
Sunny, thank you for the facts from A to Z.
My life was torn like a wind-blown sand,
And the rock was formed when you held my hand.
Sunny it is so true, I love you.

Sunny, thank you for the smile upon your face.
Sunny, thank you for the gleam that shows its grace.
You're my spark of nature's fire,
You're my sweet complete desire.
Sunny it is so true, I love you."

Peace and Love,
Mr. Muppet and his Henson Cats, LuckyCookie, Poppymonster, and SissyBigBird

Rose
Posted 7/25/2008 10:33 PM (#7721 - in reply to #7642)

Student

This is funny! ARe you telling me that you didn't want to move mruppert? So we are to also continue doing cave drawings here...too funny.

Did partymarty lobby for this? He wanted it to remain the same?

Well where ever the gang is I will stop by and throw in my buzz...

Love and Peace to all of you....
Rose
Posted 7/25/2008 10:34 PM (#7722 - in reply to #7720)

Student

This is great! I love this song.
Rose
Posted 7/25/2008 11:38 PM (#7726 - in reply to #7719)

Student

PartyMarty and the Furrballs. I have something that I posted for you on Starlight....but you weren't there. So I will put it here and I will back in a day or two to read how you tell me how wrong I am..

But I found your post on Dr. Gray very interesting because I really enjoyed and found his work quite useful.

Dr. Gray Men from Mars, Women from Venus...
Marty, I read what you wrote about Dr. Gray, but it's my understanding that he was an ordained
Catholic Monk, so what if he studied from a non-accredited school outside of his accredited studies.
Surely his work is not to be discounted because of that. We have Ivy League financial Gurus that
ran Enron and many other good corporations into the ground but we don't discredit the whole
financial department of any Ivy League because of it.

Dr. Gray has work rooted in great insight and sound basic psychology. I have read a great number
of his books and given that he has such a spiritual background I believe that he was more than a
great authority to write about his topic matter.

Today accredited education (of which I am a student) is not purely based on academia and those who
are the best suited. It's based on "who can afford it". In essence it's much like the olympic riders.
We don't have our best riders out there, we have the ones that were able to get the sponsorships
necessary or who come from rich backgrounds because it cost well over 100,000 dollars just to maintain
the horse and riders needs...etc.

So when we truly look at it those who can afford to play can...and those who can't...well they must
choose a new game or sit it out.

Well I just want to say that I believe Dr. Gray's work is that to be commended and he had workshops
for couples that certainly beats most everything you see today. In a world that promotes "girl and boy toys"
that devalues the moral importance of individuals we need more people like Dr. Gray...and I believe he
wouldn't have made the money he did if he wasn't offering a service that people found useful.

Much Love and Peace you...

Hope to find you here soon..Mruppert.

May peace and love find all who pass this way...
mruppert
Posted 7/26/2008 12:01 AM (#7727 - in reply to #7161)

Yes, Owlyeyes, you got it!
Did you ever notice how some come in with a bang and then extinguish like a burnt candle?
What I have found here is a group of very dedicated people, oftentimes at odds with each other, but just as often in cosmic resonance with each other. I honestly felt that there was a community of like minded souls, and I am glad that I  am allowed to be part of it.  To be blunt, should it have gone to   (what I consider) a "commercial" website, I would have said my goodbyes and never read the beautiful, infuriating, provokative, and sublime words of others ever again.
     Sort of like throwing the metaphysicians to the lions!
     I believe it was Tracy Martin that understood the dynamic of what goes on here, and was our best advocate. All credit goes to her. For, how often can you say that you met a person in the vast universe of the Internet that you know so much about; that you share common experiences? In the contrived world of the Internet, that rarely (truly) happens. But, WE manage to do that, with each other. I am happy to be a part of that "WE".
     The arguments, the stories, the songs, the poetry (and, yes PJ, I am a great fan of Keats) all say that this is a community which would not do well when forced into the general populus. And, that is as it should be.
      We are, indeed, the cave painters. As they sought to touch the Age of Aquarius, so do we. They left their imprint for the few to see, and so do we.

Peace and Love Profound,
Marty and Virgo Cats, Lucky & Popp, and poor Sissy who is a Moon Child
sunflower
Posted 7/26/2008 9:57 AM (#7747 - in reply to #7727)

Elite Veteran

ahh mr muppet,thankyou for the song,a song i used to sing,a long time ago,when i had babes in arms.I find song,poetry,music,to be the most spiritual of communicators,"i have a dream",being one,you know,

i have a dream
a fantasy
to helpme cope
with reality
if you see the wonder
of a fairytale
you can face the future
even if you fail
i beleeeive in angels
something good in everthing i see
i beleeeeive in angels
when i know the time is right for me
i,ll cross the stream
i have a dream

maybe not quite right words,but i,m sure someone will know and get the gist of,i feel this song says it all,as so many other great oldies songs do,i.e.turn,turn,turn,for every season,turn turn turn,
there is a reason,turn turn turn turn,and so on,was that the byrds,anyway,i do understand what you said above,nearly all,and for once,twice,maybe even thrice,i agree,i think we sing from the same book,but on a different page.All is good for now,i am not rampaging,just reflecting,haven,t even got a dictionarey! beside me,all things good,love and light,irisxxx
MollyB
Posted 7/26/2008 2:07 PM (#7774 - in reply to #7161)

Student

Hello Marty!

What a beautiful experience! Did you ever hear the story about Jim Morrison and Nico getting into a 'fight' in a fountain? LOL! I would have enjoyed being a spectator at THAT melee!

MollyB

P.S.

I wish that I was born a thousand years ago
I wish that I'd sailed the darkened seas
On a great big clipper ship
Going from this land here to that
In a sailors suit and cap
Away from the big city
Where a man can not be free
Of all of the evils of this town
And of himself, and those around
Oh, and I guess that I just dont know
Oh, and I guess that I just dont know

PPS Thanks for the welcome back Tracey!!!

Edited by MollyB 7/26/2008 2:08 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/26/2008 2:54 PM (#7778 - in reply to #7774)

PhD Alumni

Well now dearest MollyB I think you may notice somewhere back in the mists of recent Board devotions, I also welcomed you back and wished you had had a good trip, ah well, no matter I seem to be assuming a new identity, as befits those of us lost in dream-time, but to the point and the matter, I think, dear

Sunflowerpreciousbeampetalbeam that, as elsewhere on a thread or post a long time back ,it was well established in the annals of documented Board-time that 'turn turn turn, by the Byrds, was from a Peter Seeger song, called, To Every Time there is a Season, which , in its turn, was from the Book of Ecclesiastes in the Old Testament, as in, (from memory): ... these are he words of Ecclesiastes, the preacher ... there is nothing new under the sun, all is vanity, vanity, everything has its season - a time to plant, a time to grow .... " etc, and the remaining words are in the popular folk version ( a favourite of dear Lori's, if I recall correctly) ... I only offer these to delineate the attributions and accretions of history and how, we learn and change, yet many things, remains the same (A Led Zeppelin song I think - 'the song remains the same') xx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/26/2008 2:54 PM (#7779 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

postscript - such nice poems from everyone/songs
MollyB
Posted 7/26/2008 9:39 PM (#7820 - in reply to #7161)

Student

Hello Paul...

Sorry, I missed it...

The following is for you...not sure why??? Maybe from the Fates? ------

Viva La Vida - Coldplay

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemies eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:
"Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"

One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt, and pillars of sand

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can not explain
Once you know there was never, never an honest word
That was when I ruled the world
(Ohhh)

It was the wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People could not believe what I'd become
Revolutionaries Wait
For my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh who would ever want to be king?

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
I know Saint Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
And that was when I ruled the world

Hear Jerusalem bells are ringings
I know Saint Peter will call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world
sunflower
Posted 7/26/2008 11:41 PM (#7823 - in reply to #7778)

Elite Veteran

ah yes,where were we,for every season,hey pooh,is it me,or does everthing seem rather odd,like you know,odd,is it just the day,the season,or mewonders,r games being played.Romeo,romeo,werefore art thou romeo,was that right,good huh,for a little un.Ahh,i remember a time,when all was well,and simpe,and straighforward,and not so many ANDS,i was cosy in the forest,i,m going back.okay,my small meanderings for this moment of time,but i will return,with a small vengence,to reinstate ,bb fr nwxxx
Chotuni
Posted 7/27/2008 6:08 AM (#7833 - in reply to #7185)

Regular

QUOTE]Paul Joseph - 7/14/2008 10:16 AM Dear Stillness - there are no such thing as 'disabilities', just different perceptions, or vibrations of ability.

DEAR P.J., Spend a few days in my body and you won't be so sure of yourself. I am sorry old friend but I consider this statement very "patronising". Don't want to hurt you but I had to say it as I call it.

Chotuni
Posted 7/27/2008 6:36 AM (#7834 - in reply to #7823)

Regular

Dear Sunflower, I am devastated, I didn't realise that you and P.J. were so involved. My heart is broken, I can't bear to think of you making like lions and boars in the forest, perhaps I should not have been away for so long, or perhaps spoken of my feelings before I went. However I will aways be in the forest and around if needed, P.J. doesn't seem totally commited so perhaps there's a chance yet.Maybe on your meanderings in the forest our paths will cross although if you have vengeance in mind I may find a handy hollow oak.Pray tell what seems odd?I am sure we all hold for simpler times.Look forward to crossing paths with you(not swords) I know how you Celtic women can look after yourselves. 
Chotuni
Posted 7/27/2008 6:48 AM (#7835 - in reply to #7834)

Regular

P.S., Tracy Ann maybe if the ceremony hasn't yet taken place you could be chief bridesmaid and I could be best man?
Chotuni
Posted 7/27/2008 6:55 AM (#7836 - in reply to #7835)

Regular

Please say yes, please, I didn't really feel that way about S.F. anyway, really I didn't. Tracy Ann walk in the forest with me.I am a TAURUS and S.F. has had her day.
instinctual
Posted 7/27/2008 12:18 PM (#7843 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

I hear you, Chotuni. I felt really involved with Doctor Paul, and his fair maiden Iris. Now, I am merely a servant to their fairy tale. Alas, I feel blessed to be able to launder their bloomers.
I will take what I can get.
Signed with much love and respect to all-
Cinderella

Rose
Posted 7/30/2008 12:30 AM (#7966 - in reply to #7843)

Student

What Ceremony? Paul and Iris having a Ceremony? I hope this means there will be a beautiful buffet spread....A live band and all night eats and Champagne.

We simply can't have a ceremony without a party afterwards.

Love and Peace...
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/30/2008 4:34 AM (#7983 - in reply to #7966)

PhD Alumni

The ceremony and party have happened and are happening ... they are in the here and now of our continuing Board discussions ... the Board was reprieved.
Chotuni
Posted 7/30/2008 7:32 AM (#7997 - in reply to #7843)

Regular

Hi instinctual, Good attitude, you do have your work cut out though with their bloomers, by the way I found an old jacket of mine the other day, it has lots of buttons, do you think I should start wearing it again?
sunflower
Posted 7/30/2008 7:33 AM (#7998 - in reply to #7983)

Elite Veteran

ahh,those where the days,when fun and laughter were a tonic,away from the daily grind of...where people where true,being just themselves,all in a loving family,where the divine laughed with us,not at us,ahh yes ,i remeber it well,alas.as in life,all good things come to an end,making way for diverging paths of confusion,(gosh,iris,did you write that,and what does it mean)to be,or not to be,that is the question,or is it!!!
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/30/2008 8:56 AM (#8007 - in reply to #7998)

PhD Alumni

whose laughing at whom ?

Hadn't noticed that...

Edited by Paul Joseph 7/30/2008 8:57 AM
instinctual
Posted 7/30/2008 10:56 AM (#8016 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

hmm, buttons- yes indeed, I would suggest the buttons- especially if you live near the shore in Jersey, you know how brisk it can be!

Yes also to the champagne and festivities, caviar and and all other delicious yumminesses, and dancing..lots of dancing!!

Cheers to the marriage of kindreds!
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/30/2008 12:03 PM (#8022 - in reply to #8016)

PhD Alumni

Elective Affinities Rule .. !x
Chotuni
Posted 8/3/2008 7:14 AM (#8321 - in reply to #7161)

Regular

HI all, Wow, just took Christine's advice and checked out Starlight. I wonder if that guarantee is a money back one? Personally I foud it very complicated but there again it is early in the morning so maybe itwill look different when I wake up properly. Hope so otherwise I shall stay in the forest and learn umslingo!
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/4/2008 6:00 AM (#8401 - in reply to #8321)

PhD Alumni

Aah,

the blessed Cosmic Forest of Eternal Bliss

where the only language required

Is Love, Silence and Now, neither That, nor This
Zen&AlxM.
Posted 6/8/2009 4:06 AM (#15309 - in reply to #7161)

Student

Iv'e tryed signing up on www.starlightjournal.com however it doesnt send me a password to my email inbox when i try to create a new account it recognise my email account and user name but i actually can't sign in without a password heh if anyone can help: my account name on starlight is alxindreamland email address is morgo62@hotmail.com
Supernatural3
Posted 6/9/2009 2:12 AM (#15326 - in reply to #7161)

PhD Alumni

This thread is a very old thread. Since then they decided to keep the forum here. The starlight journal is more like a blogging site. At least that is what I gathered when i went there last year.

I wish I could help more here.

Blessings~
Zen&AlxM.
Posted 6/12/2009 11:11 PM (#15388 - in reply to #7161)

Student

ok thanks.
Paul Joseph
Posted 6/17/2009 11:26 AM (#15502 - in reply to #15388)

PhD Alumni

Found this here bottle washed up on this sandy beach of my non-private island that I could not buy without Sunflower's mega bucks .. yes, I tried to foray into Starlight Journal a few times and always came back to the Forest of the Boards .... hiya ZaM