the power of evil
sunflower
Posted 6/30/2008 3:51 AM (#6754)
Subject: the power of evil

Elite Veteran

anyone here beleive in the power of evil,i don,t mean power as in the great power of the divine,no one can beat that,or the power of angels,they see everything,help those in need,but the evil of man,as on this earthplane,not the big obvious eildoers,murderers,phadophiles etc,but the evil workoing undercover,under the guise of good,making people eleive in them,gaining their trust,then striking in the most subtle of ways,usualy to gain for themselves,money etc,to take from the rich,poor vulnerable,those seeking sloice,peace,etc etc.There is so much out there,and so many unaware of them,yet they do great harm to the balance of the universe,and to the ever present spirit divine. Has such evil touched your lives,if so in what way,and under what disguise.You may this very moment be one of their victims,but not know,listen to your intuition,never fails,if not,pray to the true spirit divine,anyway,i,llkeep this short,hope someone replies,need some new thing to talk about,don,t you agree,love and hugs xxx
Top of the page Bottom of the page
instinctual
Posted 6/30/2008 10:38 AM (#6755 - in reply to #6754)
Subject: RE: the power of evil

PhD Alumni

Hello Iris! Hope you are well. Sure, there are people with less than true intentions who are dishonest and are willing to hurt others for their personal gain, whether this gain is monetary, ego, power, etc. I believe that this such evil has the capacity to touch everyone's lives, and this is when instinct comes in. Also, you live, you learn, you develop a keen hyper awareness, and a knowing. For true healing of this planet, and this includes all of its' inhabitants, we must maintain personal boundaries and at the same time send love and light and see everyone as the direct connection to the divine that they are-this I believe will counteract the imbalance you refer to, perhaps over one life time or many lifetimes.
Love and hugs to you to, my friend!
mruppert
Posted 6/30/2008 11:33 PM (#6758 - in reply to #6754)

Hi nflower and stinctual, et allus:
     I loosely quote now....as I don't remember the exact words..."the good that men do is interred with their bones, the evil that men do lives on forever" from Julius Caeser-a play by William Shakespeare
     Sunny, I "think" I know what you are saying; and "Stincky" I "think" I know of your hope.
     With our accelerated consumption of the resources available to us, we have doomed ourselves to extinction. Particularly in our consumption of fossil fuels. They are FINITE...and the well will go dry. Alternative technologies will not, and could not produce all that we consume, but only produce a small fraction of the way we consume resources.
     If you all are interested, I will send you a link to a paper, soon to be ebook, of a prof who studied this, not using words but numbers. For example, he translated the actual "hugh" savings on your energy bill, into actual numbers of pounds (he is a Brit)  per cost of energy and showed that turning your cellphone chargers off v. leaving them on is so totally insignificant that it is meaningless and laughable, yet the Brit government actually encouraged people to do this. The THEME was "every little bit helps" and he showed that this little bit doesn't do anything at all.......it is pure science.....and I believe it.
     I hate to think that our legacy is some big hulking SUV's versus butterflys...but that is what it will be. Is this evil? Well, in one way yes....as we do it purposefully, but in another way no....we could well claim that we were simply ignorant or stupid.
     The nice thing about this is that we will not be eradicated like the dinosaurs...but our lifestyle, for those that can survive, will be very different from what this modern day descendant from those who were arboreal and then terrestrial have known in these modern times...and we will revert back to a more ancient, and perhaps placid age.
Peace and Love,
Marty and Survivor Cats, Luckylee, Poppyhead, and the SissyGirl

Rose
Posted 7/1/2008 12:02 AM (#6759 - in reply to #6758)

Student

Perhaps, it will take us back to the start...the stone ages...

World War three will be fought with sticks and stones.

But I hope that after all of this the few that are left will realize the importance of peace and non-violence and doing things for the support of humanity and not just for the exploitation of humanity.

It promises to be a lengthy process of evolution.

Love and peace to you....
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/1/2008 6:44 PM (#6769 - in reply to #6754)

Alumni

Many students have future reincarnation, astral, dream, and visions of life on other worlds, other dimensions, other realms. 
sunflower
Posted 7/2/2008 2:56 AM (#6773 - in reply to #6755)

Elite Veteran

hi instinctual,lovely to hear from you,hope all are well.I think you have great insight,and knowledge,and a lot to give to others,i certainly pick up your beutiful vibes.I must say though in your answer yousay to send love to everyone,do you also mean the intentional evil ones,if so,i would find that very hard to do,the devil takes care of its own,as they say,and one would have to be saint to love everyone,especialy when they do deliberate acts to hurt others,and maybe affect that person for the rest of their lives.Some actualy enjoy seeing others suffer,they get a wird kick out of it.I could not love such a soul,therefore maybe i am not gaining the true spirituality i may do,if so,i can live with that,its my own spirit that needs taking care of,and guiding on the path for which it was meant to be,Okay,love to you and hugs,iris xxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 7/3/2008 11:39 AM (#6801 - in reply to #6773)

PhD Alumni

I tend to feel that the only power evil has is what we give it. Perhaps it is the same thing with goodness. Quite a challenge really.
Tracy Martin
Posted 7/3/2008 12:19 PM (#6805 - in reply to #6754)

Alumni

Within the man or woman who seems so dense and covered with layers of hurt, fear, anger, rage, and who uses power to control and abuse others, within them is the same God, who is in me. THAT is what we identify with and love unconditionally. 
Supernatural3
Posted 7/3/2008 12:31 PM (#6807 - in reply to #6754)

PhD Alumni

We are the creators, so yes, WE CREATE EVERYTHING

but, if we create good, then we create bad. One cannot exist with out the other. BUT, we can focus to place more energy into the one that feels better. Thus allowing us to control the lesser of the two that exists.

In other words, I have to experience negative to some degree.... if I can at least choose which negative I choose to associate with.... (i pick chocolate) ha ha ha, then at least I choose, not something else.

The secret isn't just it.... we do not manifest out of thin air like magic. We create it so, by placing it into action.

Example: I can manifest the salt shaker into my hand. But, i take action, by asking someone closer to it, to hand it to me. I didn't expect it to float on it's own. I took initiative to create it to be in my hand. End result.

Please read my post on 5 laws of success..... it makes sense out of the Secret.

Tracy Ann
Posted 7/10/2008 12:02 AM (#6968 - in reply to #6754)

Here no evil, see no evil, speak no evil, do no evil. Evil is relative. Evil is live spelt backwards. Living can be evil when we live in cause and effect without a doubt (excuse the pun). I dont believe or be living in evil personally. It has no power of its own except perhaps the power you give it or I give it. Where does the darkness go when you turn the light on? Did it even exist. I believe..there is a time and a place where evil does not exist. This is my prayer.

Edited by Tracy Ann 7/10/2008 12:05 AM
searching
Posted 7/10/2008 9:07 AM (#6987 - in reply to #6754)

Regular

supernatural3 started a thread once that was called, Did God create evil?. it is a very good discription of what the word evil really is. it does'nt exist at all. it is just the word we use for the seperation of God and good. i really enjoyed reading it. and tracy is right. it has no power of its own. we as humans have to give it power.
Paul Joseph
Posted 2/4/2009 4:20 AM (#13614 - in reply to #6754)

PhD Alumni

This was one of those threads where we discussed evil, that I mentioned yesterday
Paul Joseph
Posted 2/5/2009 8:45 AM (#13655 - in reply to #13614)

PhD Alumni

and the developed too, no ?
Supernatural3
Posted 2/5/2009 5:57 PM (#13657 - in reply to #6754)

PhD Alumni

The word "Evil"... man made.....mostly used as an excuse, but it is only powered by thought to it. Which is so easily done, because for everything good, there is the opposite. Both must be present for one to exist. We cannot have hot with out cold, good with out bad, etc. Everything is balance...

I also feel the interpretation of my own evil is just lack of light and love. The more we feel lost, in the dark or unloved... the more evil we feel or should I say, call it evil, but it's not really evil, it's just the negative side, not worse, just different. In a cell the negative side isn't evil... it's just a negative charge. It's the one that moves.... It's hard to be thankful of that negative.... but all in all, we wouldn't exist without it, well, not in human form. We are physics based.

Evil also is a perception. One may think it's an entity, one may think it's the root cause of all that is bad. Others may feel it's simply one side of keeping balance. Another one will say it's damnation of hell. Who knows.... i speak only from my own perception that my own hell or evil is just an irritation that eats away at you, until you don't let it.

It can wreck a life, if you don't think you can control it. So easy to live lightless and loveless because it hurts to lose something we loved so much. Letting go of attachments help that form of pain. Evil in a way, can also a teacher....hoping it's only temporary. Love and forgiveness is the way out of that one. Sometimes easier said than done... but a frame of mind is all it takes to put evil to rest. 

Supernatural3
Posted 2/6/2009 2:59 PM (#13681 - in reply to #6754)

PhD Alumni

I think that sounds like it PJ.

God has two hands, just like us, for we were created of him, in his image. Which means, we ARE God. He is us.... all one. Built of positive and negative. Built of good, which comes with bad, because it has to. Neither one is better, one just feels better while in human form. Bad, evil or negative is just a description of how one feels, during the negative stage but, it's not really real. We just interpret the uneasy parts as being negative.

Some people love pain, because they think it makes them feel alive. They turn the negative, into something positive. This can be done with just about everything.

Flip that frown, up-side-down. It becomes contagious.
Paul Joseph
Posted 2/6/2009 6:26 PM (#13684 - in reply to #13681)

PhD Alumni

Nice to agree !

Two hands, one Mind

Edited by Paul Joseph 2/6/2009 6:27 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 2/9/2009 9:31 AM (#13750 - in reply to #13684)

PhD Alumni

And, is there not another developed saying, I thought from an Eastern tradition -

'One hand washes the other' ?
Supernatural3
Posted 2/10/2009 12:35 PM (#13777 - in reply to #6754)

PhD Alumni

With modern technology.... Anyone can clap with one hand now....

ROFL.... sorry.... couldn't help myself. Needed a good giggle~
Paul Joseph
Posted 2/10/2009 12:42 PM (#13780 - in reply to #13777)

PhD Alumni

Ah ha - another good answer ! Though, pondering Lyonna's crafty comment, I did wonder then, what is the point of the koan ?

.... in fact, 'cos I have long fingers, closing them quickly, but kept straight against the palm, does produce a kind of clap ... but I think I am missing the point ....
Supernatural3
Posted 2/10/2009 3:29 PM (#13785 - in reply to #6754)

PhD Alumni

I guess my point was, that most can overcome their own handicaps and find other ways to succeed. Then again, being successful only happens in the eyes of the self. Evil can be that very blocker to see our own success. 
Paul Joseph
Posted 2/11/2009 4:10 AM (#13786 - in reply to #13785)

PhD Alumni

That is such a true point or two Jill. Blocking that perception of our own success can also influence us to negatively influence others, can it not? I think that is why for 'good' leadership, or 'effective' healing, we have to permit ourselves to become internally free, then we can permit that freedom in others.

I saw a marvellous quote briefly displayed on a spiritual TV channel we have over here, Edge Media Television; I did not get it all down in time, nor the author, but it was something like, to be kind is more important than to be wise, yet the living of a life of kindness is necessary for true wisdom to flower (something like that, I added the last bit as the meaning I took from it!).

As I have grown older, I feel more and more the significance of simple kindness as being central to the spiritual path (and in helping us to overcome evil, too)

Edited by Paul Joseph 2/11/2009 4:11 AM
Supernatural3
Posted 2/13/2009 2:18 PM (#13796 - in reply to #6754)

PhD Alumni

Yes, Thank you Paul. As I age, I too have a matured feeling of just being GREAT!  While my hypnosis side of me say's.... life is what you make it.

A road bumpy, means you are off your path.....
A road smooth, means you are following your path.....

You can choose what you want, while neither one is perfect, but one will feel a heck of a lot more smoother than the other.

Any bumpy road can seem like evil.. as we may let evil effect us more than we think.
The choice is ultimately our own.
Paul Joseph
Posted 2/13/2009 5:46 PM (#13798 - in reply to #13796)

PhD Alumni

Thanks - well put ...

Edited by Paul Joseph 2/13/2009 5:47 PM
Aquarius
Posted 2/19/2009 8:37 AM (#13880 - in reply to #6754)
Subject: Evil in the end destroys itself

UMS Guest

Dear Friends - the way I see it, evil in the end destroys itself. Here are a few reflections on why this should be so:

The Great Spiritual Light of God alone is eternal, but darkness and evil in essence are transient. God’s eternal Light forever re-creates, sustains, supports and nurtures everything it has ever brought into being. Darkness and evil are nothing but learning experiences; they are meant to be transient and it is in their nature that in the end they destroy themselves. They do so, because they were never meant to be permanent states of being for us and our world; they merely have been and still are passing evolutionary phases, no more. Darkness and evil were necessary in our world to provide our race with experiences that teach us how to recognise and differentiate between the polarities of good and evil.

Although there are the two aspects of positive and negative in God – and therefore also in us – the negative of the material world, the receptive outer part, is ever subject to the will of the positive of its indwelling Spirit, who brings it into being. New Light is constantly flowing from everybody’s learning out of all experiences into each individual soul and the soul of our world. Once a particular lesson has been learnt successfully, individually and collectively, the darkness and evil involved are gradually absorbed and uplifted and transmuted into blessing and healing energies by the Eternal Light. As that particular lesson will then no longer be required by us and our world, it will go for good.

From ‘Eternal Light’

With love and light,
Aquarius

Paul Joseph
Posted 2/19/2009 12:03 PM (#13883 - in reply to #6754)

PhD Alumni

There has been some debate on these matters recently in The Times; I sent in a letter, which they didn't print; but in it I suggested that if we substitute 'error', for the word/concept 'evil', it might help to put things in perspective; as, what kind of minds or hearts would be develop if we could never make mistakes ?

I suppose it is recognising our errors and learning from them is part of our necessary journey ?