Survey, If You Will?
mruppert
Posted 6/2/2008 11:23 PM (#6296)
Subject: Survey, If You Will?

Hello folks...before I get to the topic....I have to honor two gentlemen that passed to other dimensions and realms of wonderment; both whom meant a lot in my day and age.....Yves St Laurent and Bo Diddley. I expect to see Bo, in particular, because he sang....
"Bo Diddley Bo Diddley,
where ya ben,
Roun dat world and back agin"
ROCK N' ROLL WILL NEVER DIE!

If I may ask you all to respond,  .............................Oh, by the way, one word answers or lengthy essays are all welcomed...........and I'd like "impressions" and not Google facts......I have Google, too!
Objective Questions:
1) What does "Hay House Radio" mean to you?
2) What does "Institute of Transpersonal Psychology" mean to you?
3) What does "OM Universe-A New Dimension in Television" mean to you?

Subjective Questions:
1) Do you watch "reality" shows?
2) Do you watch educational or instructive shows?  For example, do you watch a cooking show and make the recipe?
3) Do you not watch, but put on the tv, telly as background noise?

Introspective Question ( and the last one)
If there were a televison network whose focus is metaphysical content, what kinds of things might you wish to see?

Many thanks to all those that respond or wish to respond,

Yours, in peace n' love,
Marty and brood, Luckylee, Poppyhead and the Sissygirl
Top of the page Bottom of the page
instinctual
Posted 6/3/2008 12:05 AM (#6297 - in reply to #6296)
Subject: RE: Survey, If You Will?

PhD Alumni

Hello folks...before I get to the topic....I have to honor two gentlemen that passed to other dimensions and realms of wonderment; both whom meant a lot in my day and age.....Yves St Laurent and Bo Diddley. I expect to see Bo, in particular, because he sang....
"Bo Diddley Bo Diddley,
where ya ben,
Roun dat world and back agin"
ROCK N' ROLL WILL NEVER DIE!

**May they rest in eternal peace, keep on stylin' and keep on rockin **

If I may ask you all to respond, .............................Oh, by the way, one word answers or lengthy essays are all welcomed...........and I'd like "impressions" and not Google facts......I have Google, too!
Objective Questions:

** Metaphysical Spiritual Topics on the radio, interests me even if whatsername Hay has a bad reputation of late.

**No clue, but sounds intriguing**

**Something potentially very exciting**

Subjective Questions:
1) Do you watch "reality" shows? **Yep**
2) Do you watch educational or instructive shows? For example, do you watch a cooking show and make the recipe? **Yep Yep**
3) Do you not watch, but put on the tv, telly as background noise? **Yep**

If there were a televison network whose focus is metaphysical content, what kinds of things might you wish to see? **Instruction on Spiritual/Life Balance, "spotlight" on various areas of the country and the world and how their communities work together on a spiritual level**
**Side note Marty- interesting re: your comment about the Hungarian garb being like....I will research that, as my Maternal Grandparents immigrated here from Budapest to Ellis Island-real long line of gypsies. Perhaps that's why I dig babushkas.
Many thanks to all those that respond or wish to respond,

Yours, in peace n' love,
Marty and brood, Luckylee, Poppyhead and the Sissygirl
Louise
Posted 6/3/2008 3:36 AM (#6301 - in reply to #6296)

UMS Student

Hi Marty - a survey, how exciting!

Hmm..a station of metaphysical content by hayhouse 'approved' authors. I have listened to hours of the stuff, not so much in the last year. In particular, have found Marianne Williamson - reflections on a course in miracles of interest, wayne dyer, carolyn myss of interest - I like to listen because it reminds me how normal these people are - just perhaps elevated and considered of commercial worthiness to hayhouse. A massive commerical venture for hayhouse and successful I'm sure whilst also raising the 'normality'of spirituality - afterall, we are spiritual - just trying to come to terms with being human
Rings a bell - I wonder if this is where Sonia Choqette (mispelled) studied for her metaphysical degree? Also reminds me of a course I looked at - Liverpool St. John Moores University in the UK - they do a Masters of Transpersonal Psychology
Not a lot - have reservations when I hear the name but only because I'm on a personal mission to close the gap between so called spirituality and our current form - this seems to maintain the separation - if there are any new dimensions (even if just TV) lets try to come to terms with the dimension we are in now.

Subjective Questions:
I have to admit I enjoy watching keeping up with the kardashians (I'm being honest here - I am what I am) - I just love to escape and see another lifestyle. I generally don't watch them - in the UK Big Brother was the reality show - everyone knew that people were just being exploited. I think they have their place - they are a reflection of where we are right now - us humans love watching us humans - we are so fascinating - even over the choice of how we eat. Its a modern reflection of what has always been
2) Do you watch educational or instructive shows? For example, do you watch a cooking show and make the recipe?
I love to watch cooking shows and I cook the receipe! I enjoy watching documentaries - I like to see what's happening with other people - aware that it is a particular perspective but interesting all the same. Michael Moore is an interesting character - not sure he fits into educational or instructive though. Don Tolman came over to NZ from the US - he considers himself educational - quite an interesting man after starting his life mission after going to sunday school and finding out about the meal of Pulse in the book of daniel - I've seen his DVD
No - for instance tonight my husband and daughter were out so I started cooking dinner and it was lovely to have the silence and not the background noise of the TV

If there were a televison network whose focus is metaphysical content, what kinds of things might you wish to see?
How we can use metaphysical content to understand our human-ness

Very thought provoking - thank you!
Louise
NothingEverything
Posted 6/3/2008 8:22 AM (#6303 - in reply to #6296)

UMS Student

Bummer Marty,
I really can't do this one..
I barely ever watch tv..and when i do its Japanese TV and they really dont have reality shows, I refuse to watch AFN.
And i don't know anything from the first questions...
Sorry Marty!!

Tracy Martin
Posted 6/3/2008 12:24 PM (#6321 - in reply to #6296)

Alumni

1. although i subscribe, i rarely listen. my new yorkness gets its cynical side tickled.

2. jung! archetypes! intuition, transformation! i'd like to learn more.

3. OM Universe ~ hmmmm, ommmmm, would watch it.

1. No

2. Yes, documentaries, nature shows, history

3. No

The last question: everything that contributes to peace, higher consciousness, creative solutions, mysteries, inspiration, healing and healers, paranormal, religious unity, miracles, compassionate communication, psychic phenomena, UFO's, alien contact, notable do-gooders, peace movements, laughter, compassion

mruppert
Posted 6/3/2008 12:36 PM (#6323 - in reply to #6296)

Hi NTET....yeah......Japanese television is quite interesting, indeed. I see it because we keep one of our video conference units in Yokota on all the time.So that there is an audio/visual image, it is trained on a televison set.
Did you know that "Takeshi's Castle" (I think that's the show's real name) became a cable hit programme here in the USA. It was called "MXC", Most Extreme Elimination Challenge. It was dubbed by two guys who just put in dialog that has nothing to do with what is actually said. They became instant stars, Vic Romano and Kenny Blankenship! It was popular because of what they said.....sometimes very obscure but clever plays on words and names.
I hope a lot more will respond to the survey!

Peace,
Marty and Captain Tenille's cats, Luck, Popp, and Siss
NothingEverything
Posted 6/3/2008 1:22 PM (#6328 - in reply to #6296)

UMS Student

I really like "Great Teacher Onizuka" GTO for short, one of my favorite shows. It doesnt air anymore, I watched it on dvd.

Edited by NothingEverything 6/3/2008 1:22 PM
Supernatural3
Posted 6/3/2008 3:45 PM (#6339 - in reply to #6296)

PhD Alumni

Objective Questions:

Not sure.... to me i think of Country Music. Perhaps that is why i don't know it.

Transforming personal thought? A tricky name to catch the eye...... Advertisement.

Perhaps spirituality is catching on. This is a good thing for the spiritual world.

Subjective Questions:

NOPE- Cannot stand them. Their reality isn't my reality.

2) Do you watch educational or instructive shows? For example, do you watch a cooking show and make the recipe?

NOPE- I don't watch much TV at all, when i do, it's for mood changing reasons. To unwind, laugh or take me away from reality.

Music: mostly 80's, Retro, Alternative or Rock. I change it up occasionally.

-Yoga, Meditations, Mantras, Reiki sessions, Herbal advice, Nature Sounds, Tai chi, and lots more.

I hope this helps~
sunflower
Posted 6/4/2008 2:45 AM (#6351 - in reply to #6296)

Elite Veteran

hello mr m,my respect for your honour of the 2 great gentlemen is echoed by myself.
i,ve never heard of hay house radio,so jurys out
institute of transparent phycology.. sounds like a place where brainwashing takes place,sorry,never heard of,i,m just plain little old me,and do not like the words transparent,see through,institution,brainwashing,psychology,now i,m interested in phycology,but can be misused on vulnerable,so,maybe i,mgiving what seems mocking answers,but i speak what i see,and these programmes,whatever,and the om universe thing,don,t know of,so im either thick,or just being my own self,no disrespect to anyone if i offend,i just don,t properly understand,but maybe i,ll be enlightened.

subjective qstns, reality tv,such as was mentioned big brother,i saw the american one,as well as the one here,to me just vain,egotistic people,wanting instant fame,and attention,plus of course MONEY,all fixed i say. I like true story documentaries,where people risk their own safety for others,peoples true life journeys,true heroes,just real life in general,don,t like intructive,to follow others ways and opinions,its their way,not mine,i have my own mind,unless if is genuine,and they have reserched and know what they are talking about,maybe,but don,t still follow if i don,t connect.education,maybe what i need,but not my thing,unless its a subject i also connect with,and want to know more
omuniverse,mmmm,never heard of,apart from the om in yogic excersise,
never watch cooking shows,hate them,would,t copy them,they contradict one another,and seem to be competing with each other
never have telly on as background,in fact telly does my head in,so i watch very limited ones of personal choice,i enjoy the silence,good music would be my thing.
okay,as i say,and as you know and have commented,i am not well read,i,m okay with that,just happy being me,i,ve come this far in life,and learned through my own mistakes,so to conclude,mr muppet,i am not being facetious,honestly,just truthful.love and hugs,iris xxx
aceraven
Posted 6/4/2008 9:33 AM (#6357 - in reply to #6296)

Hey mruppert,
I can't google it,shucks...well after I take the survey,I'll google it...so here it goes.
Objective Questions:
1) What does "Hay House Radio" mean to you? ....I'm stumped, darn it.
2) What does "Institute of Transpersonal Psychology" mean to you?....Sounds like some sort of metaphysical school?
3) What does "OM Universe-A New Dimension in Television" mean to you?....I don't know, do I gotta watch tv?

Subjective Questions:
1) Do you watch "reality" shows?.....Not at all, but I did turn down 20,000 dollars to be on wife swap.
2) Do you watch educational or instructive shows? For example, do you watch a cooking show and make the recipe? No
3) Do you not watch, but put on the tv, telly as background noise? Back in my tv days I did.

If there were a televison network whose focus is metaphysical content, what kinds of things might you wish to see? Got me again, I feel like a 1st grader taking a high school test.

Man o Man, did I do bad, please put out a history survey so I can get some right, hows them kitties?
hope life is treating you good, your bud, aceraven
mruppert
Posted 6/8/2008 10:48 PM (#6488 - in reply to #6296)

Hi all, in particular Sunbittern and AceBlackbird:
      Hah hah.....I made Sunny, not a flower, but a bird; and I made Ace our name for the raven, except here in Baltimore, Maryland, USA our pro football team is, indeed "The Ravens" in honor of Edgar Allan Poe, a resident of Baltimore.
      Okay, I have had my little bit of fun......serious things now!
If each of you could see, be, or experience yourselves via the medium of televison, what would "WE" (meaning the general viewing public) see????? 
       What would "YOU"  like to see?
       BTW, this is not a test...it is a survey to get honest feelings and impressions.
       SunnyAce....Aceysun...you two have that quality that I wish to know....what is it that you want? What is it that you would like to see...and make you feel better that you have, indeed, seen it??????????????

Yours in Peace n' Love,
Marty and Familiars, Luckster, Poppster and Sisster...my blind kittykat who "sees" far better than I ever will
MollyB
Posted 6/11/2008 12:20 PM (#6531 - in reply to #6296)

Student

Well, I know there is a publishing company called "Hay House"; they put out Sylvia Browne's books (I think) among others. It makes me think of radio shows featuring Hay House authors and a forum for Metaphysical broadcasting.

Makes me think of a place of research into psychology and psychotherapy that would include Spiritual and Creative measures for healing. Transpersonal Psychology is one of my topics of life study, so the mention of an institution of this nature is quite exciting.

I can invision a television network with all Metaphysical/Spiritual programming. Everything from parapsychology talk shows, to guided meditations, to call in show with mediums and readers, to broadcasts of varied Spiritual worship services. The possibilities seem endless, really!

Subjective Questions:

Yes, sometimes...I find them fun and interesting and a break from the daily grind. I could tell you it satisfies my interest in human behavior, but mostly it's a way to unwind. I think it's quite appropriate to put "reality" in quotation marks, though, because I'm not sure how much truth is presented on that type of show!

Sometimes...I enjoy the home renovation and DIY craft shows. At times I find myself doing projects at a later date.

No....wastes electricity and is bothersome! When I turn it on, I watch it.

Some of the things I mentioned above and so much more!

Hope this is of use!
MollyB
John W. Kelly
Posted 6/11/2008 12:44 PM (#6533 - in reply to #6296)

Regular

My life is a reality show.
sunflower
Posted 6/12/2008 5:05 AM (#6537 - in reply to #6488)

Elite Veteran

hello mr muppet,reding through posts,saw this again,and realised i didn,t answer,so first of all,this is not in order,because i don,t do things to order,i do it my way,how i perceive,intuitively,etc.

if i was on telly,being me,i would want to see the true me,but as i already know who the true me is,i would doubt,because i,m very sceptical of how things are perceived on telly,by the viewers,you don,t see the whole truth,the real mening,the persona,because of clever editing,and producers,etc,want to put out programmes THEY think veiwers WANT to see,so cut out or edit,cleverly,the real thing,the real person,as that way they gain more viewers,therefore higher ratings,therfore,more money.People who speak the truth,be themselves,etc,are rarely seen,you only get to see the bad bits of that person,if they the producers want YOU the viewer to see them that way,or,the good bits of that person,for the same above reason,e.g.they can destroy,and manipulate the public,into beleiving something to be true,when in fact,should the viewer meet that person,in person,face to face,they would pick up,and see,feel what that person is REALLY like,and be either amazed,or dissapointed,depending on what they perceived on telly,you still with me.In other words,what we se o telly,is mainly,99%ly,untrue,we see what we want to se,we hear what we want to hear,and because tv says so,"it must be true",rubbish,sheep,mindnumbing,sly,clever phsycology,bit like government,party political broadcasts,they say one thing,just to gain popularity with the masses,to gain power for themselves,nothing to do with the people,all lies,and money,greed,and deception.okay,going back,if i was on tely being me,thats exactly what i would want to see,me,the whole me,warts and all,saying what i think,feel,my true opinions,not being edited,to please the masses,but me,iris,the mind,heart,soul,spirit of,because i,m not ashamed of who i am,what people think of me,etc,or trying to create an image of what i think people want to hear,so take me or leave me,have you left yet!!,
what i,d like you,the viewer to see,is the truth,as i,iris sees it, therefore you would see an honest,caring,loving person,sensitive to others suffering,admiring true heroes,salt of the earth types,who put others before themselves in a true crisis situation,you,d also see my fighting for true justice side,for what i beleive,sorting out the fake,from the genuine,my anger at the lies told by those in power,the true medical scenario,without the frills,i could go on and on,but for not wishing to bore you,well if i bore you,don,t read this,in the nicest possible way ,in conclusion,they probably wouldn,t allow me on air,their loss,not said with vanity,but truth,because i love who i am,i,ll never change who i am,because i am me.

i want honesty,i would like to see humour,sadly lacking not just on telly,but in general,music,for me the welsh choirs,really touches the soul,songs with meaning,a message,programmes about real fact,mine would be crystals,where they come from,the power of the crystals,healing,hands on,spiritual ,true spirit experiences,the healing power of nature,trees,water,etc, and spiritual growth.Okay,that enough,theres more,but if i don,t stop,this will turn into a book,so,mr muppet,just a taste of,love and hugs,iris xxx
mruppert
Posted 6/13/2008 11:36 PM (#6554 - in reply to #6296)

Hello all, in particular Eye-Rus:
     You, my dear Goddess of the Rainbow, afterall that is Iris, have expressed many ideas that coincide with exactly what I want to do.
      Can I do it for free? Not at this time. So, I will have to make pacts and compromises to get it off the ground. Will I sell out my idea to monied interests? Never!!!! I'll see it crash and burn first.
      My personal interest is only to do something which I think is NEEDED and will give people a NEW WAY OF THINKING!
       Iris, I don't want money....I have had plenty and lost it, and have much less and am very happy! Sure, I would like a little more, but I would buy things that mean something to ME....and not a big-ass boat or an expensive car or a monumental house....unless it was reputed to be haunted...then, I would buy
it in a heatbeat....and live among the ghosts.....and find out, IS IT REAL?
    Even though we had a forum on "developing Internet business", that is not my style....as I cannot bring the richness of the metaphysical experience, the religious experience, fully forward on the Internet...nor do I want to.
      I want the richness of art, poetry, music and visual media all presented to you...yes, you.........for free! Should you care to delve deeper, than you may well do so for whatever price is deemed by those who have captured your imagination.
      In my day, I have been with rich people, and they are >>>>>>>>>>if you folks object to profanity stop reading now>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TOTAL ASSHOLES!
      I want people whom are important to me, to like me for what I have tried to accomplish, whether I succeded or not. I don't want anyone to know me for my "net worth".
       The world is not about money, dear Iris, and it never was. It is when "we" thought it was, that we started our inevitable plod down the road of doom.

Pax Vobiscum,
Marty and Luckylee, Poppyhead and the SissyGirl
instinctual
Posted 6/13/2008 11:55 PM (#6555 - in reply to #6296)

PhD Alumni

Still searching Senore Gato Man?

I guess typing my fingers to the bone for ya didn't quite cut it... (HA!)

Anyway, good luck in your venture....it is truly a great idea...
mruppert
Posted 6/14/2008 12:35 AM (#6558 - in reply to #6296)

Go private!
Rose
Posted 6/14/2008 1:01 PM (#6559 - in reply to #6554)

Student

Mruppert, how long would you stay in a haunted house?

I don't suspect it would be very long, but maybe you are far more courageous than me. I've had enough experience with what appeared to be "supernatural" to last me a life time and quite frankly, I prefer to leave them to their world and for them to let me enjoy mine without the interference. There's plenty of dimensional space for everyone!

Love and Peace to you...
Rose
Posted 6/14/2008 1:07 PM (#6560 - in reply to #6554)

Student

Mruppert, I really must interject here....Rich is not the problem.....I believe that and I know that Money makes you more of who you already are.

If you are a wonderful warm and loving person to begin with then money will give you the ability to be that much more warmer and giving, but if you are spiritually void then money gives you the ability to flaunt your voidness that much more into and unto the world.

Nice warm loving people can be found across the economic scale. Forgive me for overstepping my boundaries if I do, Mruppert, but it sounds to me like you meant a few "void" humanbeings with money and they have tainted and slighted your view.

Perhaps, if you purposely set out to meet successful "warm" entities you might feel differently.

Whatever the case, I hope you're having a great Father's Day weekend.

Love and Peace to you......
sunflower
Posted 6/28/2008 2:30 AM (#6737 - in reply to #6560)

Elite Veteran

i,mgetting confusedhere "yet again".money doesn,t make you a better person,infact it can,and does change nice people into egotististial prats,and destroys.Money is the root of all evil.Whether your good or bad,once money comes into the equation,all sorts of transformations come out,not only in the recipitent,but also those surrounding,then greed comes in,"now i,ve got it,i want to keep it,and make more"spend,spend spend,panic,its all gone,how can i make some more.having so much,don,t now what else to but,got everything i THOUGHT i wanted,but stillnot happy inside. Most ,well nearly most think,even plan,"if i won the lottery,i would buy all my family this that and the other,do good,help chatity,etc etc.it doesn,t work like that,greed and jealousies come out,arguments,discontent,and many other traits.If we are truly spiritual,we are happy as we are,in ourelves,not wanting anything else,but inner peace,something money can,t buy,but can desroy.If we want more of what we haven,t got.i,e,money,possessions,then we are not whole to begin with,and are worshipping the wrong god,materialism,etc.Another thing,was mentioned about ghosts,spitits etc,and it was said that "i,d rather leave them to,in,there own world,and get on in mine,but is thatnot wha we do when we "visit astral planes,the spirit home,call on spirits etc,maybe THEY don,t like us intefering in their world,and would rather we got on with our world here on earth,and do what we came for,to learn,to rectify mistakes,so on,so forth.Another thing,if none has ever died here,how do they really know what is on the otherside,all conjecture,it is the subject closest to most peoples hearts,"what happens when we die",truth is nobody really knows,we read all the books,and there are so many with opposing views,but it caters for the worlds oldest quest,so we read,buy,etc,when the real truth is,we are afraid of death,and need to be consoled,that there is a nice place to go to,so we feel better in the hell we,re in.Nobody,but nobody,has the monopoly of the rel truth,but they sure get rich trying to convince otheres they have the answer,and if it sounds convincing enough,we follow like sheep,because we are all lost,and need a leader.The truth lies within us,and the answers lie in the problems of life we all go through,and how we solve them,embrace the problems,traumas,these are our lessons,enjoy the good times,these are our reward.Okay,thats my OPINION,i kept it short(MMM) in case it got overlooked,bye,love and hugs,iris xxx
mruppert
Posted 6/28/2008 3:50 AM (#6740 - in reply to #6559)

Roseowl...
     Wrong.......I would love to live forever in a haunted house, as I am not afraid....EVERYONE seems to think that manifestatons are somehow evil....all the movies, and telly shows seem to portray that theme. But I don't think that at all.
     Hey, if any of you guys know of one that is for sale, let me know! I'd really feel fulfilled if I could be the host to said ghosts!
     All I can ask is that my spiritual inhabitants don't freak my cats out too much...but if they try, I know how to deal with it...ya gotta remember, I am RC, and we know how to deal with such situations.

Peace and Faith,
Marty and the usual three