What I love about you...
MollyB
Posted 5/14/2008 12:09 PM (#5276)
Subject: What I love about you...

Student

Even though love really is 'what it's all about' I think our society as a whole has difficulty expressing such a high vibrational energy. Not only to 'others', but even to the people closest to them. That's why I wanted to tell people here, those I've come to know even if only through words on a screen, what I love about them. If I forget anyone, it's not intentional and please forgive.

sunflower - what I love about you is your connection with your own Soul. You are more beautiful than you know, and the fact that you end every one of your posts with 'love' or 'hugs' speaks volumes about your genuineness and character.

Paul Joseph - what I love about you is your ability to present your knowledge in a way that ignites inspiration within others. Inspiration to learn and perhaps view what they believe to be true in a different light. You are sincere in your quest to be of help to anyone and everyone on their path.

Mruppert - What I love about you is your ability to play the devil's advocate with respect for, and an eye toward not trampling on, the dignity of others. I love that you share your knowledge without limitation.

Tracy Martin - What I love about you is the way you can affect such Spiritual balance. You speak with true wisdom. To me you embody the 'Temperance' card of the Tarot's major arcana in its mode of highest spirit.

NothingEverything - What I love about you is you can talk of poetry, Aleister Crowley, intergalactic contact, ruling governments, love, revolution and everything else known and unknown. When you speak, there is a purity, insight, creativity and philosophy I've never seen/heard before. You're inspiring.

DocJ - What I love about you is your truth. You never speak a word that is not sincere and directly from your heart. Your devotion to your family above all else is love in its highest human form.

Instincual - What I love about you is you are nice and accepting of everyone, everyday, all the time. Your heart is always open to all and you seem sincerely happy.

Rose - What I love about you is your strength and passion. You seem so courageous to me, never limiting your own personal power, yet never attempting to take away anyone else's.

Ongoingbattle - What I love about you is your ability and willingness to be open and vulnerable, letting those of us here into who you truly are.

Aquarius - Haven't seen you around for a bit, but what I love about you is the way you speak (write). Like the voices of the Masters.

and

AceRaven - I just miss talking to AceRaven. What I loved about him was his sense of humor and his grasp of Spiritual concepts. He had a way of boiling ideas down to their truest point of origin.

Again, if I've missed anyone, I'm sorry.

Please feel free to continue...we just may love all the 'problems' out of the world!

MollyB
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mruppert
Posted 5/14/2008 12:50 PM (#5278 - in reply to #5276)
Subject: RE: What I love about you...

Awwww....MollsyWollsy....
     I will write a response, but I'll have to dry my eyes and blow my nose first.
     And yes, I do miss the Waterlady, as she has done a lot for me...more than she can know. All that you mentioned, and more, have given so much!!!!

Peace HUG,
Marty Muppet and his wall staring cats, the Luck, the Popp and the Siss
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/14/2008 1:31 PM (#5280 - in reply to #5278)

PhD Alumni

I agree with Marty .... what a lovely post, thanks so very much ... I will have to read and re-read, inwardly digest, then might come back ... when I have dried my eyes too .... but it is also actually very synchronous (if there is such a word) just 'cos after an earlier post today i was thinking of suggesting as a thread, "which came first, God or Love" ? But then i didn't as i wasn;t sure if it sounded as if i was trying to be too clever, or some such !!!
Supernatural3
Posted 5/14/2008 2:26 PM (#5287 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Molly, Thank you so much for giving so much love. What I love about you is your ability to open up closed eyes. Sometimes we are not always looking at the same perspectives as another, so when you share your point of view, it's done in a way that it actually opens up the eyes to seeing things differently and clearly.

My daughter was in my room while i was writing in this forum yesterday, and she said, "a forum is a place of argument". I saw her point, but then I stated "It's a place of learning, and friendship". What is weird is, in school we are basically writing about critical thinking, and skepticism is what actually created the thought process or critical thinking. If everyone just believed what someone else said, we would be a very closed world. So basically, forums are a place of critical thinking, ours is based on metaphysics. What is better about our forum is, ours is done with love.

Molly, you just proved my theory. Thank you so much~

Love and Hugs to you~
Tracy Martin
Posted 5/14/2008 2:35 PM (#5289 - in reply to #5276)

Alumni

Molly, what a large heart you have to embrace us all with your kind thoughts! You have given us all a good healthy dose of loving energy! Thank you.
Tracy Martin
Posted 5/14/2008 3:38 PM (#5301 - in reply to #5276)

Alumni

There have been things expressed in these discussions that have helped me to make needed shifts in my thinking, that have stretched my ability to accept and understand other perspectives, that have helped me to let go of mental and emotional suffering, and have also given me a smack on the 'image' of myself whether flattering or inferior or just so. Our differences are fascinating to me, sometimes incomprehensible. It is not thoughts or personality that describes our oneness, our unity, it is the heart. Sometimes the heart is broken, and sometimes it is bruised, but what comes through is the underlying desire to express and receive love, creativity, aliveness, alertness, and harmony. We are on an adventure here, seeking to understand ourselves and the world around us, bring in balnace, healing, harmony, and always finding such delicious and painful paradoxes, the light and the shadow which is expressed through every one of us.

I am afraid of being incomplete with 'what I love about you!' because it is always so much more than words can express. I feel a communion with all of you as if your were my own self...and then I am astonished at our differences!  

NothingEverything: I am so glad that you busted up certain preconceptions I had about men in the military. What an intelligent, poetic, giving man you are, and so interested in the things that make for peace. I love the enigmatic-zen-flipping things you write, because it helps me to let go of my thoughts and fall back in to the intuition which is truth beyond thought. You will inevitably find the right teacher, since the teacher is so prominent within you, who else could you possibly attract?

Mr. Muppet: As you have said about others, you cannot know how meaningful and encouraging your communications with me have been, how they have impacted me to communicate in new ways, and helped me to understand others better.  How I enjoy your raw rough humor, your passion, and learned opinions!  How fun it is to see what you will do with names and titles. You make such interesting connections, I like watching how your mind works.

Paul Joseph: You are a poet and a writer through and through and your love of language comes through even in the briefest of posts. Publish!! You have a Mother's heart which moves with practical compassion towards strangers and friends. I enjoy hearing about your adventures in personal growth, your desire to understand the world and the spirit world around you. I look forward to hearing more!

Jill Supernatural: I so love your energy, enthusiasm, honesty, and joy. I love it that you rejoice in your own uniqueness and embrace those things that make you different. I feel encouraged when I hear about your love and appreciation for your family, for the people here, for your clients and friends. I thank you for your courage, compassion, and humility 

It will be my pleasure to write more later.

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/14/2008 3:43 PM (#5303 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Fascinating stuff all of this ... this thread is a marvellous mirror showing how much - or not, or what, or whatever, we reveal ourselves to each other. Certainly rates with Tarot, work-related appraisals and other similar reading methods !

I don;t know if i can keep up with the energy.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/14/2008 3:54 PM (#5308 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Just reflecting further, and of course recollecting that, we love - and equally hate - those things in others that we most love - and equally hate - in ourselves (that is the kind of thing I say that drives my wife berserk; but the recognition of such truths brought me to the home of UMS !!) ....

Everything is a projection really.

Life's weird.
Tracy Martin
Posted 5/14/2008 6:21 PM (#5317 - in reply to #5276)

Alumni

Sunflower: in my mirror like way of understanding you, we share a great breadth and depth of emotional experience from joy to depression. You are passionate about the dignity of all human beings, the intrinsic worth of all life. You are a wounded warrior and a fierce protector of integrity and universal love and truth. You consistently point to our own hearts as the 'guru' and recognize that it is our beliefs and false pride that limit and separate us from embracing one another as our own selves. You were bruised by my shadow and yet you let it go and forgave me. I was then able to see your words and anger as not just aggressive attack, but motivated by a desire for mutual respect, spiritual growth and encouragement.
Tracy Martin
Posted 5/14/2008 6:35 PM (#5318 - in reply to #5276)

Alumni

Instinctual: I love your down to earthness, your openess and inclusiveness. You have a sense of humor which delights me and makes me feel comfortable and safe. Your energy is quick, happy, uplifting.

instinctual
Posted 5/14/2008 7:31 PM (#5319 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Hat's off to Ms. MollyB! What a fabulous way to connect. How rare is it that in the crazy and almost creepy connections that occur on the internet that Spirit driven, yet divinely distinct people, all on the same path to their own truth, can show pure love, care and concern. I am so flattered to hear such nice things, thank you all!!
Generally speaking, to all of you- Tracy, Paul, Supernatural3, mruppert, mollyb, sunflower and nothingeverything, I love you all mostly for giving me a soft place to land. I love being here. I love seeing all your names attached to your various postings, and it always makes me smile on the inside-out. That being said:

Tracy Martin: What I love about you is your Divine Wisdom. You have such a beautiful ability to see the forest through the trees. You are so lovely. I sense such strong intuitiveness and ultimate respect for all whom you encounter.

Paul Joseph: What I love about you is your uncanny ability to present your thoughts and insights kindly, without sacrificing your own beliefs. I often refer back to your postings; they are often so dry-it shows your obviously fantastic sense of humor.

Supernatural3: What I love about you is that-woman, you are the real deal. You shoot from the hip, you have such a way of communing with "us". Your knowledge inspires me.

mruppert: What I love about you is your ability to be "the voice of reason". For some reason, I feel that you have a killer laugh!

MollyB- What I love about you is your "roll up my sleeves and get busy with it" presence. You are so real, so true, and I have a strong sense that you have much to offer this world as we transition.

sunflower: What I love about you is your candor, honesty, warmth. Your sense of self is so strong, something I so very much admire.

nothingeverything: What I love about you is that you are a Ninja with a feather as your sword. I hope that speaks for itself.
MollyB
Posted 5/14/2008 8:27 PM (#5320 - in reply to #5276)

Student

Thanks all for your kind words. You are wonderful! I love (the magick word) where this thread has gone. It's beautiful!

MollyB
NothingEverything
Posted 5/15/2008 3:40 AM (#5323 - in reply to #5276)

UMS Student

MollyB - 2008-05-15 1:09 AM

Even though love really is 'what it's all about' I think our society as a whole has difficulty expressing such a high vibrational energy. Not only to 'others', but even to the people closest to them. That's why I wanted to tell people here, those I've come to know even if only through words on a screen, what I love about them. If I forget anyone, it's not intentional and please forgive.

MollyB

The type of energy I get from this post, pushes the means of expressing it off the table.
I'll be back later, I promise.
sunflower
Posted 5/15/2008 4:39 AM (#5326 - in reply to #5276)

Elite Veteran

molly b,this is the most loving and enlightening post i have read,your sincerity,and love shines through,a very special soul,i felt complete warmth surrounding me,when i read your words to everyone,i echo all you have said to each individual,being on this site has taught me a lot about myself,given me time to reflect,and somtemies i haven,t liked what i saw,didn,t realize it was there,now i work on these,and all of this from people i have never met,all great teachers of love and wisdom,in their own way,today we are joined as one,as it should be,you have unleashed the love of the universe,i love youxluvand hugs
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/15/2008 8:30 AM (#5342 - in reply to #5320)

PhD Alumni

Agree with everything everyone is saying here - this is a truly remarkable thread, in identifying the common community that seems to have been evolving, perhaps unconsciously through the site & various diverse threads, and then taking it further with insights and reflections on our respective contributions and perceptions. Like a living, organic chat room/spiritual encounter group (in the best possible sense). Awesome; and thanks All (especially MollyB for triggering it !)
Tracy Martin
Posted 5/15/2008 12:00 PM (#5361 - in reply to #5276)

Alumni

Louise: I get from you a feeling of solidity, of groundedness, and clarity. You are a gifted communicator, not taking the 'negatives' personally and looking deeper for the need and the gift. You are a giver, a lover, a healer.
mruppert
Posted 5/22/2008 2:26 AM (#5570 - in reply to #5276)

Eyes dried, and nose blown.......
Tracerino.....you are a moderator.....how about we put together specific dates and times that we, inclusively, but not exclusively....have a period of meditation, or reflection, or whatever anyone chooses to call it, but we do it together?
Is this possible??????

Marty and Silly Cats L,P, and Sss
Rose
Posted 5/22/2008 12:29 PM (#5584 - in reply to #5276)

Student

Hey MollyB, I want a piece of this action! I have absolutely adored the forums topics and responses and new insights from, well looking at the respondents here, every one of you!

Love, hugs and Peace to you all and have a great Holiday weekend.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/23/2008 10:15 AM (#5654 - in reply to #5584)

PhD Alumni

Rose - I replied to this yesterday and thought it had gone through but apparently my reply did not register; what I said was, you were included a little later, though in a different thread, as part of F in the metaphysical word game (check back ! xx)
Rose
Posted 5/23/2008 3:00 PM (#5669 - in reply to #5654)

Student

Oh thanks Paul, I will need to look at the Metaphysical word game.

It's nice to be included.
Rose
Posted 5/23/2008 3:01 PM (#5670 - in reply to #5654)

Student

Yes I've been getting error pages when I try to post as well. But it appears the response went through.

Have a great Holiday weekend everyone!

Edited by Rose 5/23/2008 3:06 PM
instinctual
Posted 5/23/2008 4:34 PM (#5679 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Thank you, pretty Rose, and the same to you. I plan on thanking any veteran or active military person I see. There is a huge airforce base here in Tucson- Davis-Monthan so there is a large population here. They are not forgotten !!

Let's celebrate our freedoms, and from my perspective, we can be anti war, but love our soldiers!

Love to all--
Lori

Rose
Posted 5/24/2008 6:53 AM (#5701 - in reply to #5679)

Student

Great! Yes a big support for our troops. So hard for me to think of the daily sacrifices they must make. They make these sacrifices and their families are so stressed and all the more reason why I just don't think we need the media broadcasting heads of congress out shopping, or members of the presidential cabinet out shopping Fifth Ave. Or watching them take vacations and fishing while men and women are spending year after year living like animals out in the desert. Seems as if the sacrifices are not worth the compensation they recieve. I wonder how many of our current foreclosures are military families?

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/24/2008 8:31 AM (#5702 - in reply to #5701)

PhD Alumni

I believe that we do have a military member. Very very best to you, old soul.
Rose
Posted 5/24/2008 11:02 AM (#5709 - in reply to #5702)

Student

I'm currently listening to the congressional meeting dealing with the lack of services for our military and ex-military members. Currently in America the suicide rate of Veterans are over 6500 a year and that equates to 18 suicides a day. These numbers are staggering. They were accurately recorded and confirmed by Dr. Katz, hope I spelled the last name correctly, earlier Katz denied these numbers but now confirms that the numbers are indeed accurate. I will start a new thread on this topic but wanted to post here since it was mentioned. Men are committing suicide at a higher rate that women.

The belief is that there are higher numbers than those verified. Because these numbers are only coming from those reported to the VA. But there are many out there who don't seek help through the VA and commit suicide. I am absolutely floored by these numbers. The Rand Corp. published a book called the "Invisible Wounds of War" and according to what I've heard over the airways it deals with this topic in more detail. There's no help for many of them that need psychological help and I can only say this in regard to this topic, "people who are suffering like this and have no one reaching out to them, need spiritual leaders reaching in and touching them. God, needs to hear our prayers for these individuals."

Well would love to hear your thoughts out there.......and your spiritual suggestions, guidance, input, share all of it.

Love and Peace to all of you........
Supernatural3
Posted 5/25/2008 1:50 AM (#5721 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Hey Lori,
OMG, thank you for such compliments, like Marty, sometimes ya just have to bring a tissue to clear the tears of happiness.

I do find just a great connection to all of you. I also LOVE seeing faces, it helps me remember who is who. I get many people so confused on who said what. So actually seeing beautiful faces, helps me FEEL closer.
I will give it a shot, but i fear leaving someone out by accident. Just remember. threads may be edited later, just in case my memory fails at this moment.

Here is why i love you all so much:

Aquarius - You have been here a very long time. I have talked with you many times on the phone and you are a beautiful and giving soul who just always gives. Your astrology is very wise and touches us all in positive ways. Talking to you personally has really made my day. Your accent is darling. It's always a blessing to read what you have to say.

Marty- You bring out my ornery side. Most the time i don't know whether to hug ya, or wrestle.... but it's always fun. Your wisdom and history knowledge is very impressive. Also, you work for a secular college, and your not cocky, nor do you treat anyone like they are below you. You are a fantastic teacher, even when you are not trying to teach, you have a natural gift for doing just that.
I still have much to learn from you. So.... you are stuck with us. Neener neener. :P

Tracy- I have never had the glory of actually talking on the phone with you, but we have connected very strongly through this forum and through email. You taught be how to be more patient, by showing me how it's done. I am the hot headed Leo type and you are the calm lamb, that lets the light in enough light the path better. I keep seeing your inner light shining brighter and brighter each month. Keep at it, you are in your right path. I feel the smoothness of that path you have created for yourself. SHINE ON! Should anything drag you down, I will jump out, tickle you and distract that shadow long enough to let you re-light that inner glow.

Lori - You came in and just had a warm feeling right from the start. You have humor and have no problem jumping in to help anyone feel more comfy. I would call you the forum COMFORT. I bet a crying baby would calm in your arms. You have a very nurturing personality. That is what i detect from you instantly.

Molly - You pointed out my flaws to me, but in a way that was acceptable. A humbling experience that was needed. Then you showed the understanding side, which opened up an entire new beginning, not just for our friendship, but for several others too. I see you as being the group balancer. You see both sides of the coin, even when one side is down, and speak up if it's not clear. You are the go getter type and I can see you being a leader or boss that people actually like.

Iris - I will admit, I was so furious with you in the beginning, but it made me re-evaluate myself, and give second chances to both others and myself. It's hard to try to understand a world that is different when you just got there. It's also not just you that takes things personally. We all do it, but are trying so hard not to. I would make you the group challenger, and with out challenges.... we never move forward. Thank you!

Rose - While i haven't had many one to one conversations with you, the information you give is always intelligently written. I feel there is class with your writing. Very elegant. That is what i feel when i read into who you are only by your words. I hope to learn more about you.

Nothingandeverything - You have a way with balance. Seeing through everything, as nothing being better or worse than anything at all. Your words strike such deep thoughts and are always unbiased towards absolutely everything. I wish people like you were in high places because you would be fair. What a great quality in my own opinion.

PJ - You bring out the humor and poetic side. You soften up the rough edges and then bring out your side of things. While i am not a poetic type at all, I have enjoyed and even shared some of your poetry. So somehow you have reached my soul, because the non-poetic Jill, actually gave your poem to another, to help them, as you did me. You touch people and have an friendly energy with in your posts. I might even add that your picture suites your friendly writing. I am thankful to get to actually see who my friends are.

Soulfire- Another intelligent soul. Perky, friendly and always using positive punctuations that help us know you mean so well. Your positive intent always show in your writing. When finally seeing your picture, it brought out even more of a spark. What a beautiful smile.

If there is someone I missed, i am so sorry, it is nearly 2am and I am wired, but tired. I tried to touch base on how people made me feel in their writings, and expressed just that.

This thread was a very lovely idea.

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/25/2008 4:30 AM (#5726 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Goodness me jilll ... another maginificent round up of impressions, affirmations and loving-kindness ... thank you for such a wide ranging post/commentary ... eyes seeping so may well come back after recovery ... x
NothingEverything
Posted 5/25/2008 12:07 PM (#5745 - in reply to #5276)

UMS Student

instinctual
Posted 5/25/2008 12:27 PM (#5746 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

That's what I mean about you, lady. That's just what I mean ~

Thank you so much!! And I could not agree more with your observations of others!

Lor
Rose
Posted 5/25/2008 12:41 PM (#5747 - in reply to #5721)

Student

Supernatural! Thank you so much for the encouraging words. And observations that made me smile and shine. Now I want to spread this same happiness to everyone around me.

You're the best! I make reference of you and what you write quite often to my family and friends. I refer to you as "the Doc".

Always insightful and more, I really appreciate how you shared that very personal experience of yours...you probably know which one I'm referring too. But I experience you as someone who is very open and not at all afraid of vulnerability which makes you a very strong person.

Love and blessings to you..have a great Holiday weekend.

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/25/2008 4:03 PM (#5760 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Well, here I am back, not seeking to pour cold water, but just with a wondering, that, although this group on-line encounter group type thing is nice when it is nice, and so on and I do not want to party poop (ha ha) ... but there is an elecronic concern I have which is that if we were all in a room together, there would be room for mutual bio-feedback ... I just have this slight tinge of concern that we cannot have that kind of unspoken, reflective feedback, sitting together in a room, so, words/feelings/expressions come and go out, each and whichever way, without prior or a-priori, or post facto checking out. So though I feel the thread and comments are wonderfully intentioned, I have come to the postion of to registering a perplexed & not quite understood caution.

Love
Paul
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/25/2008 6:48 PM (#5790 - in reply to #5721)

PhD Alumni

photos - just to say, am not sure about photos - the medieaval practice was that all Art was truly anonymous as recognition that all true Art came from the divinity; so photos, can lead away from the anonymity of message; mine slipped in, as a mix up when I was trying to send NE a photo of my little holy pond where I swim; so I transposed a gorse bush with my pond, then my face (from my work web-site) slipped onto the site; yet too, we are human, and we communicate humanly ... still not sure about the photograph thing. But then again, its a good indentifer, I suppose - to prevent fraud...
instinctual
Posted 5/25/2008 11:33 PM (#5801 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Concerns are valid and understood, PJ. These computer screens can act as shields and comfort zones. A much different energy comes into play when our personalities are all physically together. I personally have encountered that in the 1990's when the personal computer became a must have item. Grant you, I met wonderful people from all over the world, people that I befriended in chat rooms that either I went to visit ( all over the states and to the UK- took a ferry from the White Cliffs of Dover to Calais, then drove to Paris ), or came to visit me (In Connecticut at the time ), from as far away as Perth, Australia. It is wonderful, but different. I however do not think that feelings expressed in this safety zone are contrived, but we are safe to express our spiritual "Light" sides, which are truly much more open and loving than would be outwardly shown in person for people you have never really met, but that you "know". You know?
Please indulge me for a moment, but perhaps you are concerned about what feelings you have shared with others online and how they might manifest in "person "? Sometimes it may be safer to maintain the safe screen protected relationships you have developed with people, than to potentially change perceptions and levels of admiration. Thoughts?

Peace and all that sort of really good stuff-!

Lori
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/26/2008 8:39 AM (#5839 - in reply to #5801)

PhD Alumni

Maybe Lori; not so concerned about what i personally myself have said, or not; just aware how PCs and personal interaction offer different ?modalities/opportunities/concerns/vulnerabilities ,etc.

But if music be the food of love, play on.

Yet again from a consciousness perspective, I also, differently wonder, what goes on with the server here -and whether it is somehow affected positively or negatively by our inputs, or, differently again, whether it is some kind of negative energy seeking to interrupt the flow - hence my occaisonal little experiments trying to pin down where & when the glitches of delays/repetion occur?
NothingEverything
Posted 5/26/2008 9:00 AM (#5842 - in reply to #5276)

UMS Student

Well, if and when any of you meet me, we will probably end up in some social enviroment, be it over a cup of coffee(or expresso) in a local coffee shop (One of my passions is fine coffee and the entire culture, im still learning though) or over a drink at the bar (I also enjoy fine scotch(which Japanese have done a brilliant job of learning ie.Yoichi 20-year) and its culture). I love the art of conversation and love to create an entire sensory experience. Youll have to taste from the cup of my personality in person to truly enjoy or dislike the flavor. As i will be "cupping" your person in return. But this forum does provide a great place to "break the crust" and explore each others aromas, and how very appealing they are!

Edited by NothingEverything 5/26/2008 9:11 AM
instinctual
Posted 5/26/2008 11:14 AM (#5844 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Wow, suddenly I was transported and feel motivated to get this thing rolling, if it is to live!

I really think it would be a great and meaningful time.
instinctual
Posted 5/26/2008 11:21 AM (#5845 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Oh Paul, I see and feel what you say. Perhaps I was projecting my personal experiences unconsciously into your thoughts, not intended and so sorry if that's what happened....
Maybe I should just rewind the last 24 hours and start over !!!

Help.
Keeping in the meaning of this post, what I love about you Paul is your gentleness and sweetness and kindness and candor and intelligence and the total presence of your Spirit self and an absence of ego thoughts.

Thank you and All for being here.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/26/2008 1:40 PM (#5853 - in reply to #5845)

PhD Alumni

I have tried to send this post or a vairant of it around 8 times now and it just disappears into nowehere - I am trying to say, dear Lori, that is so phenomenally kind and lovely of you to see and say that, thank you ...

.... and NE, expresso, white tea (as in, Yellow Mountain, or Peony White tea), or green sencha, or a good malt, are equally my cup of tea, so i shall look forward to that cupping - which, as with the sacred visitation to heal the plastic lake of pollution in the middle of the Pacific, we are each doing kind of astrally anyway, by virtue of these amazing posts , communications & responses ...

Namaste All
instinctual
Posted 5/26/2008 2:50 PM (#5860 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

You are so welcome PJ- Let's raise a virtual glass of whatever herb steeped tea or spirit moves us.

Cheers to all-
Klink!
Tracy Martin
Posted 5/26/2008 3:09 PM (#5862 - in reply to #5276)

Alumni

What I love about you..is that you cannot see me when I am so intensely involved in the stories and emotions of my own mind that your presence is barely acknowledged. I am a very introverted person.

I feel myself to be on a very important personal journey of transformation, but all my importance flies away in the face of death, silence, stillness, the Unknown, beauty, and the suffering of others.

What I love about you is that you cannot see my physical flaws and my social ineptitude. I don't drink coffee or alcohol (although I did have several servings of saki a few weeks ago that surprised me by not making me sick!) It usually takes a long time for me to feel safe enough to chit chat. I have struggled with intense low self-esteem. The stories I have to tell are very personal, about depression, ignorance, and self-abuse and coming out of decades of suffering.

What I love about you is that you can read about my  successes, the growing peace, the steady removal of violence from my thinking and feeling, the bliss I have at our intrinsic oneness, the blossoming of personal power and compassion. I love that I can share a little bit about my highest lessons and most beautiful thoughts.

What I love about you is that you teach me about the many experiences of being human, you jolt me and stun me with your compassion and your hurt feelings, and you help me to find the best in me.  

Paul Joseph
Posted 5/26/2008 4:09 PM (#5868 - in reply to #5862)

PhD Alumni

Profound, Tracy. Namaste
Paul
instinctual
Posted 5/26/2008 4:43 PM (#5876 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Tracy, you are the meaning of beauty on the inside and outside. I wonder why us human types, particularly women (maybe because we are more emotional and verbal about such things and because we are born with those darn hormone producing reproductive organs-definitely worthy of a new thread) simply cannot be completely happy and present and content with ourselves. Some mechanism built into our psyches to propel us further on our journey, I suppose...but it sure can get rather ugly inside our own heads! I wish you sooo very much love and peace on your journey. You are a shining Star. You are loved. You are thought of fondly, looked up to and admired.
I wish we could travel freely to that space where we could see ourselves the way others do. You would smile about yourself, trust me

Fondly,

Lori

Supernatural3
Posted 5/26/2008 6:15 PM (#5882 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Tracy, i have always had a gift of jib jab. Or chit chat..... People open up to me (in person). I don't know why, but if i see someone closed up, I usually will walk right up to them and say hello first. By the end of the talk, we normally give hugs, before parting again. Specially if i knew their personality on line first. I have a lot of experience of this because of my own organization being by internet. I have many best friends that i only have met in person about 5 times, or less. YET, everytime i see them, we have such a great time, even if it's doing nothing but talking. We communicate like crazy on-line, and via phone.

In the hypnosis field, i have very depressed people with no confidence come to see me. By the time they are done, they are smiling, loving themselves more and opened up and feeling better. Even before I did hypnosis, I did permanent cosmetics. My clients would come in a little scared and I would make them laugh by telling jokes, or just having a heart to heart conversation. Next thing you know, they are giving me a hug before they leave. It is very rewarding. That was a real kicker, because i put them in pain for that one.

Yet the way inside of me is NEVER that confident. It's like something else takes over. I guess i never let my insecurities show on the outside, but they are there. I used to be worse, i was a sport nut and was very competitive. I was good too.... i hit three home runs in one game. My bowling average was a 191. My volleyball serve would be feared. Then I started to think, gee.... i am not letting anyone else's light shine. So I started to enjoy playing, instead of being so stressed to be the best. Now i do things for just fun. I don't even care if I win or not, because it is all about friends and teamwork and helping others. Now i think my light is brighter and it's less effort. You will find the true path, just happens naturally. It will not be hard work, but will flow like mild smooth stream.

Tracy, we all have our own paths. Your's is beautiful, with flowers, nature, and sunshine. I see it all around you. That is exactly what i see when i think of you.

I tell you, one day we will meet. I cannot wait, because i will walk over to you and give you the biggest hug and THANK YOU! Then i will bust out a joke, that will have you rolling on the floor.... while we pee our pants. LOL Then we will laugh about that for a while.

Tracy Martin
Posted 5/26/2008 10:23 PM (#5890 - in reply to #5276)

Alumni

I DO have flowers all over, on my porch, walkway, and two garden areas. And I have great yellow bursting flowers surrounded by brilliant orange blossoms in a vase on my desk which sits in front of a picture window looking out on a few Redwood trees, plum trees, apple trees, and other unidentified trees and the roofs of about five houses. The flowers keep telling me that they are divine blessings of love and joy for all beings, and I am feeling that energy so finely! Even the cut ones are pouring out their beauty and gladness and blooming more and more every hour. There is a rhododendron flower in my bathroom. And, this morning I made my smoothie with a bowl of water I had set in the sun with a large rose in it, and a handful of soaked raisins.

You will definitely make me pee in my pants Jill! I am already tickled!

Thank you Lori and Jill for your kindness and humor. I have changed a lot over the past few years, even more so having worked with the UMS courses and Christine Breese's meditations. I am also enjoying the work of Eckhart Tolle, Marshall Rosenberg, and Byron Katy lately. Check some of their work out on YouTube. Often I surprise myself now at how well I do interact with others. A lot of fear is gone, and most my 'low self-esteem stories' have lost their truth. I certainly have more confidence that I can just be me, whatever that is in the moment. I do attract wonderful people into my life who really do like me.

I'm bragging, but this is just the other side of the story, which also loses itself in the enormity of eternity.

Tracy Martin
Posted 5/26/2008 10:53 PM (#5891 - in reply to #5276)

Alumni

Rose, what I love about you is that your spirituality is brought down to earth to the community level. You have a fine sense of the world as one human family and you are looking to stimulate creative and enriching solutions to long standing problems. I'd vote for you to be President in a second. You are a clear and passionate voice, an inspirer. 
NothingEverything
Posted 5/26/2008 11:46 PM (#5892 - in reply to #5862)

UMS Student

Tracy Martin - 2008-05-27 4:09 AM

What I love about you..is that you cannot see me when I am so intensely involved in the stories and emotions of my own mind that your presence is barely acknowledged. I am a very introverted person.

I feel myself to be on a very important personal journey of transformation, but all my importance flies away in the face of death, silence, stillness, the Unknown, beauty, and the suffering of others.

What I love about you is that you cannot see my physical flaws and my social ineptitude. I don't drink coffee or alcohol (although I did have several servings of saki a few weeks ago that surprised me by not making me sick!) It usually takes a long time for me to feel safe enough to chit chat. I have struggled with intense low self-esteem. The stories I have to tell are very personal, about depression, ignorance, and self-abuse and coming out of decades of suffering.

What I love about you is that you can read about my  successes, the growing peace, the steady removal of violence from my thinking and feeling, the bliss I have at our intrinsic oneness, the blossoming of personal power and compassion. I love that I can share a little bit about my highest lessons and most beautiful thoughts.

What I love about you is that you teach me about the many experiences of being human, you jolt me and stun me with your compassion and your hurt feelings, and you help me to find the best in me.  

This IS what I love about you.
And it is the result of your introversion.
"What I love about you is that you cannot see my physical flaws and my social ineptitude."
Your right, but your physical flaws are beautiful and "small talk" is cheap, you provide the type of stimulating conversation that moves and inspires. You embody the spirit of Chanoyu.
To get to know such an amazing being such as yourself requires patience, listening, and positive energy, and once one gets the privilage to become close to you, they have found a brilliant force to be allied with forever.
"What I love about you is that you can read about my successes, the growing peace, the steady removal of violence from my thinking and feeling, the bliss I have at our intrinsic oneness, the blossoming of personal power and compassion. I love that I can share a little bit about my highest lessons and most beautiful thoughts."
Success, peace, intristic oneness, and compassion mean nothing to me.
What I love about you is that you are the embodiment of those elements naturaly and they radiate from your every pore.
"The stories I have to tell are very personal, about depression, ignorance, and self-abuse and coming out of decades of suffering"
You have a beautfully healthy self esteem, I can see it truly. Only one comfortable with themselves and open to the world can discuss such subjects, to reveal your scars to us reveals your bravery and deep wisdom.
"What I love about you is that you teach me about the many experiences of being human, you jolt me and stun me with your compassion and your hurt feelings, and you help me to find the best in me"
What I love about you, is that you do this for me.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/27/2008 4:48 AM (#5907 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

What I Love about Thee is

Thy Divinity:

your love and hate, and the reconciliation in between

What I love about You is physicality, spirituality, nonsence and Reality

What I love about You is truth, falsehood, the imagined and the phantasy

What I love about You is illusion, darkness, pain and not knowing

What I love about You is finding, discovery and everything here

What I love about You is everything there, that I do not know

The sound and the silence

The light and the dark

The knowing and not knowing

The shadow and the spark

What I love about You

I must allow to ignite, within me.

instinctual
Posted 5/27/2008 9:55 AM (#5950 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

There is so much beauty and purity and love on this thread. It all takes my breath away. Wow
I am so blessed to be a part of all of this and all of you...

instinctual
Posted 8/19/2008 9:31 PM (#9409 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

It seems to be a rather slow day on the boards, a lull so to speak...every busy with their responsibilities, in their own lives. Going through old threads and this one is the one I was looking for, and I wanted to resurrect it..

May this Love Child thread of Molly's be a demonstrative example of her and our ability to express high vibrational energy!

What I love about you all is that I am me and I am accepted as such..I am given food for thought, tools to grow, and courage to speak, in my most authentic voice.

Smooooochies, Love and Gratitude to my partners here!

Paul Joseph
Posted 8/20/2008 3:45 AM (#9412 - in reply to #9409)

PhD Alumni

Ditto Lori & All xx
sunflower
Posted 8/20/2008 5:34 AM (#9414 - in reply to #9409)

Elite Veteran

ahh i loved this thread,so warm,and true,love is in the air,to all my friends,thankyou sincerely,irisxxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 8/20/2008 5:57 AM (#9418 - in reply to #9414)

PhD Alumni

Board still sleepy, so it seems ....

... Sweet dreams all

Nice to hear from you Sunpetalblossom xx (did you see my little Pooh adaptation on another thread somewhere last night ?)
instinctual
Posted 8/20/2008 6:16 PM (#9454 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Board is sleepy, the day is sleepy, the mind is sleepy, and nothing is creepy!
searching
Posted 8/20/2008 8:05 PM (#9455 - in reply to #5276)

Regular

today is a good day. nothing has gone right, i have to work late again. im tired. but all these things let me know i am still alive. today is a good day.
Kiddo Green
Posted 8/21/2008 12:17 AM (#9472 - in reply to #5276)

Hear here. This is a nice thread.

I would like to say that I am feeling renewed by my friendships here. So , thanks to all. I feel welcome and strangely connected.

Molly - Thank you for this thread. Ever keeping Love as our highest priority. The very best to you.

Kiddo
mruppert
Posted 8/21/2008 4:24 AM (#9485 - in reply to #5276)

Oh Kiddo....thanks for reminding me.....Molly, where are you? Did I leave you in the Doubletree? Look for the Montero red car, black landau top with Crager Mags, and Thrush Headers and Lakers, H Wides on the back to jack her up a bit....hop in and take her for a spin....the keys are always atop the passenger visor. Just remember, she makes a lot of noise, 'cause I had  straight-thrus, bypassing other legal norms.
Yeah, yeah, there was a song about Mustang Sally, but that was about a girl...there IS a song about my best car, by Randy and the Daytonas....Lil' GTO....the most powerful car of it's time!
And now, I could care less what I drive as long as it gets me from point a to point b, and back again.

Peas and Luvcarrots,
Marty and Motocats, Luckyspeed, Poppyracer, Sissygogirl

Paul Joseph
Posted 10/2/2008 6:31 AM (#10642 - in reply to #9485)

PhD Alumni

Been down to the basement vaults .... anyone remember this thread?

Resuscitating it seems timely ....

In no particular order, but only one word - the first that comes to my mind - each am I allowing myself - apologies for any non-deliberate omissions ... and sorry I have lost track of newer-comers or infrequent posters in the heat of the post, but please do not take offence; though if you let me know ... I'll add you in ....! Equally if anyone is offended by my associations ...

What I love about you is your ....

Lori - vitality !

Marty - irascibility

Sunflower - passion

NE - presence

Louise - grace

RedQueenGenesis - artistry

Lightdancer - journeying

Soulfire - progression

Stillness - quietude

Danjummai - dreaming

DocJ - attitude

Molly - thread

Rose - sincerity

Tracy - diligence

Margaret - teaching

Josh - innocence

Nefertiti - reincarnation

Kukla - vulnerability

Kiddo Green - warmth

Searching - openness

Jeremiahk - being

Tothaten - transformation

Tracy Ann - conversations

Aquarius - poetry

Omjah - perception

Loving - kindness

Chothuni - jokes

Sewak - contribution

Todd15 - photography

Dottie - questions

Ongoingbattle - challenge

DannyIsrael - intercessions

Energy (& Partner): honesty

aceraven: movement

cause: diligence

John W. Kelly: seriousness

Harli: e-work !

Mother of an Angel: courage

Invisible users: potential

Christine - Everything !

Namaste All

Edited by Paul Joseph 10/2/2008 7:00 AM
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/2/2008 7:27 AM (#10645 - in reply to #10642)
Subject: RE: What I love about you (doh!)...

PhD Alumni

oops ! I see in my free associations I attributed diligence twice ...

I realized on reflection this was in Tracy's case, 'cos I was regarding her as a moderator & teacher ... and it is too late to edit ... so if i can request forgiveness please, leave dilgence with Cause, but with respect to Tracy as a Board member will go for this:

Tracy: flowering !
NothingEverything
Posted 10/2/2008 9:12 AM (#10650 - in reply to #5276)

UMS Student

haha, i like the invisible users one.

Paul Joseph: Polymath

Edited by NothingEverything 10/2/2008 9:20 AM
instinctual
Posted 10/2/2008 2:39 PM (#10665 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Brilliant, Paul! Thank you! and for you..

how beautifully your inner peace shines and shines.
Supernatural3
Posted 10/2/2008 2:45 PM (#10666 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Nicely done.

Paul Joseph
Posted 10/2/2008 3:59 PM (#10675 - in reply to #10666)

PhD Alumni

Ah - high praise indeed .. . Wondered if to add me, but thought that would be weird ... though one has to love oneself too, I imagine, so i am told x

ps, I always wondered what a polymath was

Edited by Paul Joseph 10/2/2008 4:02 PM
Louise
Posted 10/3/2008 5:24 AM (#10704 - in reply to #10642)

UMS Student

Paul - that was a beautiful thing to do for everyone - I love your kindness, compassion and knowledge!
ps - if I may say - stop apologizing )
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/3/2008 6:31 AM (#10706 - in reply to #10704)

PhD Alumni

thanks

noted

sorry

Edited by Paul Joseph 10/3/2008 6:31 AM
instinctual
Posted 10/3/2008 10:29 AM (#10721 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Louise...! How perfectly lovely....and how right you are...I think we should threaten Paul with a noogie or at least a wedgie every time he apologizes for something....or maybe we should hug

him in gratitude for having such an awareness of others feelings.. Maybe a hug after the noogie/wedgie episode...?

This thread certainly reminds me of Molly and her gentle sweet spirit...I hope she is well and knows she is thought of!
sunflower
Posted 10/3/2008 12:01 PM (#10730 - in reply to #10642)

Elite Veteran

paul,that was so lovingly done,so thoughtful,thankyou,what i love about you is you are you,irisxx
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/3/2008 12:31 PM (#10731 - in reply to #10730)

PhD Alumni

Lovely words and sentiments from everyone, thanx ... so very nice of you all ... then it is true, what one gives out, one gets in return, in greater measure ....

but what's a noogie and a wedgie ?!
RedQueenGenesis
Posted 10/3/2008 1:49 PM (#10740 - in reply to #10642)

*feels honored to have "made the list"* BIG SMILE
instinctual
Posted 10/3/2008 2:25 PM (#10746 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Oh Paul.. now I am the one who is apologizing as I thought that those 2 words were universal!

a Noogie is a good spirited knuckle rub on one's head...

a wedgie..is..imagine getting ones underclothes..wedged..somewhere!

Paul Joseph
Posted 10/3/2008 4:26 PM (#10761 - in reply to #10746)

PhD Alumni

Both sound painful Lori ! I look forward to the post-knuckle hugs

Rachel - so long as they are, or are not, the battle lists ( a mediaeval term, a past life thing): you are far more than welcome, indeed deeply honoured, and lovely of you to grace us with you presence, thank you xx
Lightdancer
Posted 10/3/2008 7:23 PM (#10775 - in reply to #5276)

Student

Hi PJ! Just swinging through on my "journey" to check this out! Thanks for resurrecting the thread. We all love to be appreciated and loved!

Paul James: Good Natured Companion
Lightdancer
Posted 10/3/2008 7:24 PM (#10776 - in reply to #5276)

Student

Hmmm... Am I the only one experiencing technical difficulties with the forum tonight?

Edited by Lightdancer 10/3/2008 7:25 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/3/2008 7:25 PM (#10777 - in reply to #10775)

PhD Alumni

Seemed like a good time to visit the vaults

Of course, we are all far more than one word .....

Posting is a little slow, but that happens sometimes;

ps, I am Paul (Joseph Thompson); - not James ! Though James is a lovely guy

Edited by Paul Joseph 10/3/2008 7:29 PM
NothingEverything
Posted 10/3/2008 8:13 PM (#10783 - in reply to #5276)

UMS Student

haha
Lightdancer
Posted 10/4/2008 8:05 AM (#10794 - in reply to #5276)

Student

OK, I'm kicking myself now... Sorry Paul, and James! Although you both are Good Natured Companions!
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/4/2008 10:14 AM (#10798 - in reply to #10794)

PhD Alumni

No worries at all ... it was quite a funny conflation !
instinctual
Posted 10/4/2008 10:31 AM (#10804 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

That was indeed quite sweet...Dancer!

P- your location is back on "shore"....I see...!

Paul Joseph
Posted 10/4/2008 12:48 PM (#10808 - in reply to #10804)

PhD Alumni

Ha ha Lori .... Gitchie Goomie .... is that Hiawatha ? Great story ... though the shores are endless ... perhaps though, if I read you aright, I am still too fixed there ... well i am Aquarius after all .. ok, I'll become freer again ....
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/4/2008 3:13 PM (#10810 - in reply to #10804)

PhD Alumni

There was mention of Gitche Goomee earlier ... it seems to have gone ... ohh how i miss those sacred shores ...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=a8BRO-NCBNk&feature=related
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/4/2008 3:47 PM (#10811 - in reply to #10810)

PhD Alumni

.... doh ! How slow can I get ! Lori - I have just canooed past your new location !! Hope you enjoy the song (in case you hadn't heard it !)
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/5/2008 8:41 AM (#10818 - in reply to #10811)

PhD Alumni

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4oCJh4aa1Os

Dear All .... unfortunately my link yesterday did not go on to an amazing sung rendition of the Song of Hiawatha, which on the album Incantations by Mike Oldfield, follows the drum playing that you can hear on the video montage .... I have not been able to track down the sung element of that, but the link on this post will take you to another lovely song on that album, which is based, i seem to recall, on a poem by Ben Jonson (the contemporary of Shakespeare), called, 'Hymn to Diana'.

(I bet Marty has it on vinyl !!?)

I hope you enjoy it. I will keep looking for the Hiawatha song !

Edited by Paul Joseph 10/5/2008 8:42 AM
instinctual
Posted 10/5/2008 10:43 AM (#10823 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Wow! What beautiful music! Thx, P !

I have to admit my ignorance here..when I changed my location to the shores of Gitchie Goomie..I had no idea where it was and had only heard of Hiawatha. I had no knowledge of the

legend of it, the message it brings and the whole thing! I hope it didn't appear that I was having delusions of grandeur...ahaha...

it just sounded like a cool place to be!

What amazing stuff fer sure .....

With thanks- L

PS- Jordyn and I love to play Shakira on Youtube and dance around like silly girls...she (Shakira) is on fire! Thx for that link, too

x

Edited by instinctual 10/5/2008 10:45 AM
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/5/2008 10:51 AM (#10824 - in reply to #10823)

PhD Alumni

Zoooooooooooo m ed

back in from Evermore, before disappearing for the autumnal twilight ... and glad i did ! Delusions of grandeur never entered my head ... hoped you - and others - might have enjoyed the link ... shame the first song didn;t come out; will keep pursuing ....

Shakira is great isn't she? Great dancer - linking East & West marvellously

these canooes don't go as fast as they used to when I was a lad in the marches of the Eastern West Wind x
instinctual
Posted 10/5/2008 11:01 AM (#10828 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Autumnal...I love that word! It practically gives permission to relax- post a busy hot summer....to be lazy and cozy....quickly the time will change...
except for Arizona, of course-as we are exempt from daylight savings time!

I hope you feel better, p!
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/5/2008 11:28 AM (#10829 - in reply to #10828)

PhD Alumni

Found it ... 6 or so minutes in ... enjoy the diving ... sacred lakes abound, in all of our hearts too, if the external desert is dry x :

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3rnK00OnBNk&feature=related

Edited by Paul Joseph 10/5/2008 11:32 AM
Lightdancer
Posted 10/6/2008 2:15 PM (#10839 - in reply to #5276)

Student

That was LOVELY!
Lightdancer
Posted 10/6/2008 2:47 PM (#10840 - in reply to #5276)

Student

Hi Paul,

I just read your article in the Starlight Journal. Excellent work! What's wild is you reminded me of a controversial anthropologist that wrote books I was very into in my 20's, Carlos Castaneda. He was from Peru, came to the US, California, and worked with Yaqui shamans in Mexico, writing about his experiences with them. There was "medicinal plant" usage for catalyst purposes. If that doesn't bother you then I highly recommend the books (if you haven't already read them that is): The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge (1968), A Separate Reality (1971), The Eagle's Gift (1981), The Fire From Within (1984) and The Art of Dreaming (1993). I should read them again. They were quite an adventure, just like your dream!

Edited by Lightdancer 10/6/2008 2:50 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/6/2008 3:20 PM (#10841 - in reply to #10840)

PhD Alumni

Aww Lightdancer ... Carlos' work haunted me years back. Was he from Peru ? Never knew that. I had thought there was some post-Castaneda speculation that he made it all up. I don;t feel so. I feel there is a kernel of evidence, that he worked on. My very favorite is his 'Tales of Power'. After that, in my humble estimation, everything is recapitulation.

I am never sure if Don Juan and don Genaro jumped off that mountain.

My story, for which positive feedback I am deeply grateful, is of real provenance, insofar as I swam in Lake Titicaca. And the dream happened too.

I have referred before to The Eagle's Gift (Harli's picture!) ... then there is The Fire from Within ...as you say and, The Second Ring of Power

I suspect that CC got his 'movements' from Gurdjfieff, who in turn 'borrowed' them from T'ai Chi & Yoga. Nothing ever, ever, is new ... except this ...

But - also - how glad am I that you enjoyed the music. Namaste.

Edited by Paul Joseph 10/6/2008 3:26 PM
Lightdancer
Posted 10/6/2008 3:28 PM (#10844 - in reply to #5276)

Student

Well, Peru is officially in my ethers today! After reading your article then reminding myself of Castaneda being from Peru, I went to get my afternoon snack, an orange, and the sticker said "From Peru!" Since I live in Florida, you'd think I'd get a Florida orange, anyway! Must be something I need to pay attention to!

Yes, there was alot of speculation as to whether Carlos was for real or not. I for one believe most of it. He certainly kept me entertained! (They both jumped, didn't they?)

Edited by Lightdancer 10/6/2008 3:29 PM
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/6/2008 4:28 PM (#10846 - in reply to #10844)

PhD Alumni

According to the book they jumped. But how can that be ? To jump from such a great height ... or, maybe that is why Carlos seemed to suffer at the end ? I think the vulnerability and honesty with which he recounted the tales is very moving.

Florida seems so much nearer to Peru than am I : more than 16 hours flying.

I am glad for you that Peru is in the air. It is a very spiritual place. Serendipity is magical.

When we visited Florida (1981-ish, then 1990-is), each time I hoped to find and meet native shamans. The first time we visited a 'reservation' so my sister in law could buy tax free. After that, I gave up. Perhaps they hide. Like in Peru.

Try, if you haven;t, the author I mentioned in the article; I cannot recall her name as I write, though I emailed her and she was friendly.
Lightdancer
Posted 10/6/2008 4:29 PM (#10847 - in reply to #5276)

Student

Will do!
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/6/2008 4:49 PM (#10851 - in reply to #10847)

PhD Alumni

Lightdancer - please let me know if you cannot track down & I will oblige. Bedtime here.

Night night.

Thanx & appreciative blessings All & Endlessness
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/8/2008 5:57 AM (#10909 - in reply to #10851)

PhD Alumni

Iris - it was the two You Tube links above that I just mentioned in my other post ! Here they are again, to make things easier ....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3rnK00OnBNk&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4oCJh4aa1Os

Edited by Paul Joseph 10/8/2008 5:58 AM
sunflower
Posted 10/8/2008 6:05 AM (#10911 - in reply to #10909)

Elite Veteran

ok,sorry,ill have alook,and get back to you,thankyou irisx
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/8/2008 6:10 AM (#10912 - in reply to #10911)

PhD Alumni

? Nothing to be sorry about !!

but don;t bust a gut listening if that is too much ... just that music can be therapeutic, if it works, tiresome and painful if it doesn't
Lightdancer
Posted 10/19/2008 10:18 AM (#11388 - in reply to #5276)

Student

Paul and James,

You are truly doing your part to raise awareness in your posts and links. Keep it up! I for one am getting more information every day thanks to you both!
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/19/2008 11:45 AM (#11389 - in reply to #11388)

PhD Alumni

Wow, or Whoa, or, Allo'ha, Lightdancer ... that is really so very lovely of you ... except also, everyone participating is equally uplifting; thank you and thank You
Lightdancer
Posted 10/19/2008 7:35 PM (#11393 - in reply to #5276)

Student

Of course everyone is contributing. I just wanted to point out your specific information that speaks to me. I am appreciative, as it is very timely in my studies and journey. Thanks again!
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/20/2008 3:41 AM (#11400 - in reply to #11393)

PhD Alumni

Warmly received, understood & appreciated.

Thank you.
instinctual
Posted 10/20/2008 12:03 PM (#11411 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

We absolutely recognize and make our own all that needs to be received....that is why these boards mean the world to me, as do you all...
Thank you too, Lightdancer, for being here with us!
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/20/2008 4:18 PM (#11419 - in reply to #11411)

PhD Alumni

Somewhere there is a Meister Eckhart quotation, idea, that I am not at this moment in a position to research - something like,

it is better to receive than to give, or more blessed,

because to receive we must empty something of ourselves,

and God is thus enabled to fill that emptiness,

which our over-fullness would have been excluding of Him, or Her
Lightdancer
Posted 10/20/2008 7:04 PM (#11425 - in reply to #5276)

Student

You're so sweet, Instinctual!!! I love being here, too!
instinctual
Posted 10/22/2008 3:09 PM (#11464 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

I love your signature! I can almost hear it said in a John Wayne Voice! So sweet!
Lightdancer
Posted 10/23/2008 3:34 PM (#11494 - in reply to #5276)

Student

You're funny too! Howdy, pilgrim...
instinctual
Posted 10/24/2008 8:45 PM (#11548 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Thx! And to you and all people who do not know me....please feel free to call me Lori

Happy Friday!
Lightdancer
Posted 10/24/2008 9:36 PM (#11549 - in reply to #5276)

Student

Thanks, Lori! Dianna here.
instinctual
Posted 10/25/2008 11:57 AM (#11564 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

I never had problems with name dropping. I guess I was absent that day in class when the teacher said it was a bad thing. I want to hear of your John Wayne stories!
Lightdancer
Posted 10/26/2008 7:58 AM (#11606 - in reply to #5276)

Student

Ahhhh.... Brownie Bliss! Thanks for for endorphines, Kiddo!

Yes, please do tell us some John Wayne stories. I think we all loved him, very much!
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/26/2008 5:29 PM (#11612 - in reply to #11606)

PhD Alumni

Interesting chain of association here:

John Wayne from Meister Eckhart (via Dianna's location ... x)

Ah me, Meister E was another real 'Man' (or, Woman) , since he challenged the Inquisition of his day and risked being burned at the stake for his beliefs and promulgations
Lightdancer
Posted 10/26/2008 6:31 PM (#11615 - in reply to #5276)

Student

Well, John Wayne was a stand-up kind of guy and a hero in the movies and in real life, so I guess there is a correlation!
mruppert
Posted 10/26/2008 8:28 PM (#11620 - in reply to #5276)

Hi all....hmmmmmmm...why do I always have to be the bad guy?

John is idolized in the media because there is a lot of money involved in doing so. He is not the knight in shining armor that he is made out to be. His relationships were varied, with varied results. His politics were even more suspect...as early as the movie "High Noon".

Yeah, Gary and Grace are communists!!!! Even our beloved Mr. Morgan, from the tv MASH series, was a communistl Richard Nixon was not a crook....

You goooooo, John, and all the pilgrims are withya, a yup!

Peas and Pause,

Marty and Hollywood Cats, Fantabulous Lucky, Stupendiferous Poppy and SolidSissy 

Paul Joseph
Posted 10/27/2008 5:11 AM (#11628 - in reply to #11620)

PhD Alumni

Life wouldn't be exciting without the 'bad guy', which any way Marty, you are not - unless you'd like to be: !?

I had also heard that about JW, btw

Edited by Paul Joseph 10/27/2008 5:12 AM
Paul Joseph
Posted 10/30/2008 9:54 AM (#11765 - in reply to #5276)

PhD Alumni

Interesting reminiscences Kiddo .. 'fun, simple years' has an air of melancholy to it ... I never got that much into Big John - maybe he was somewhat too one dimensional, except his Rooster Cogbourn character .... the Searchers (I think that was him) wasn't bad .. not being the traditional 'real man' myself I seem to prefer those actors who could play against the type, thuogh yet embodying the type - ironically if you will - I think of Clint Eastwood, Sean Connery, Paul Newman, Steve McQueen - though I realize I have just contradicted myself here !! These are also of course of a later generation (maybe Burt Lancaster waas nearer the JW era, or Danny Kaye ...)

.... Marty mentioned High Noon; that was an interesting example of the 'hero' being left and isolated ... as for female screen goddesses, there is of course, Audrey Hepburn, Shirley Maclaine (great with Clint in Two Mules for Sister Sara, an almost metaphysical film maybe ...), Marilyn Monroe, Mae West (then we could go on to cite the Marx Brothers!!)

.... and did anyone here know that the Irish actor Patrick McGoohan was offered the part of James Bond after Sean left but turned it down on moral grounds ?

.... I started this idle ramble when I was alone on the site and i see others have clicked on so I'd better stop there ...
Paul Joseph
Posted 11/1/2008 7:27 AM (#11904 - in reply to #11765)

PhD Alumni

Mentioned this before (am repeating myself, maybe I have been around here too long ...) ... but Audrey H was great with Sean Connery as Maid Marian and Robin Hood, as ageing, autumnal versions of that heroine and hero (ps, for Soulfire - had you come across the notion of Robin & Marian as King & Queen of the Wood ?)

.... also remembered that John Wayne had appeared on the Board before, because, way back when the Board was under threat, I made jokes about us being in the Alamo, making our last stand - in which film i think Big John appeared, along with a slightly more diminutive Alan Ladd .... since we're onto films (well, I am anyway, anyone know Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid ? A witty blend of old and new ...)