the mist
sunflower
Posted 4/16/2008 7:40 AM (#4383)
Subject: the mist

Elite Veteran

hi,i often walk my 2 dogd in the woods nearby,its lovely,full of trees,wild floweres,streams,a place of peace.I usualy go with my husband,but he has been ill for a while,so i go on my own.Before i go in,i always ask for my guardian angel,other angels of protection,and ask my spirit family to join me.I do this sometimes,because late evening,there are youths,etc,who use it for drink,and drugs,and can be abusive,and frightening wen under the influence,thats wen i specificly ask for protection,as it is a big forest,and in a qiuet spot.It has been there for centuries,obviously now being done up for the people 2 enjoy.There used 2 be a railway line running through there,before my time,and much more.Anyway,to the point,i like to take photographs of therunning streams,trees,in their different season,and the lovely colours of the flowers,i take my camera every time,and have some lovely calming pictures,to bring nature into my home.A few days ago,my husband managed 2 come with me,i did my usual walk,snapping away,(not arguing,ha!ha!0taking pictures.I stopped as my husband went ahead with the dogs,so i took some of him,and them together,about 10 in all,it was light evening at the time,when i came back,and we looked at the pictures,in one,where he was ahead,with dogs,9 were ok,but one there appeared a mist right in front of me,i could just make out dogs,and hubby,i showed it 2 friends and family,and we all agreed there was a face,and something else taking shape.I wonder if this is something that happened from the past,the spirits in the woods,or spirit people i had called,directly after that shot,every picture seemed dark,and creepy,until i moved on,and took more were they came out fine,and light,has anyone got any suggestions on this,i know sceptical people may say its the camera,etc,but i know it wasn,t,so any comments please,i am of sound mind and body by the way,and not away with the fairies,so to speak,i just feel there was something captured on that one spot.I will try it again,but i have done many times,with no problem,only difference this time was instead of early day it was not my usual time,ok,hope 2 hear from you,luv and hugsx
Top of the page Bottom of the page
schenn
Posted 4/16/2008 11:33 AM (#4385 - in reply to #4383)
Subject: RE: the mist

modern day cameras capture a wider spectrum of the EM field then the older cameras and as such odds are you can pick up something a little extra. I had a friend that lived across the street from a funeral parlor. She was gifted psychicly and would take pictures often. You couldn't take pictures inside her house as every one you took was covered in orbs and mist.

So, theres a good chance what you saw was a spirit, though it could have also been sunlight captured in dust or some other random thing.
Tracy Martin
Posted 4/16/2008 4:36 PM (#4387 - in reply to #4383)

Alumni

This is a beautiful story and setting. I would imagine that because you have requested the presence of protective beings on other walks that this 'mist' might actually be one! Delightful!
mruppert
Posted 4/16/2008 10:26 PM (#4396 - in reply to #4383)

Hi SonFluer, Schenny and Trace...and all,
     I'd be curious to know what kind of camera is used. Film cameras capture images that are exactly what is there, and when there is an anomaly, it is easily explained....WHICH makes it easier to verify true anomalies...such as souls of the departed leaving bodies during the Civil War....there are quite a few photographic plates that exhibit "mists" around the recent ''dead"....these mists cannot be explained by any physical, optical, or processing means. But, they are still there. I choose to think that the mists are some kind of life essence leaving the body.....my more severe critics say that they are mists that are unexplainable.......duh?
     Digital photography is packetized, quantized and enhanced by algorithm. There is a high degree of fallability, fallacy and deception available to those who want to play with pixels.
     Photographs, in true film (skip your Polaroids) do not lie! If you don't believe me, take an old photograph, with a building with a sign on it, and get a magnifying glass. See if you can't read the sign.....then try the same thing with a digital picture!!

Peace and Discovery,
Marty and Snapshot Cats, the Luck, the Popp, and the Siss
schenn
Posted 4/17/2008 1:53 AM (#4402 - in reply to #4383)

35 MM cameras have a much higher pixel count then digital camera. like, much, much higher. But the range of electromagnetic energy it recieves isn't as wide.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/2/2008 4:56 AM (#4945 - in reply to #4383)

PhD Alumni

Tracking back to before I became more active on this site, and noticed this thread.

Sunflower, your comment about 'being away with the fairies'; I do feel that fairies exist, or have existed but have become a little more witrhdrawn from us. There is an old book now written by Evans-Wentz (I think, he who translated The Tibetan Book of the Dead), called, 'The Fairy Faith of the Celtic Peoples', which is a serious academic study of fairy beliefs and experiences, with personal accounts and interviews, etc.

So your sighting could well have been an etheric presence, I have no doubt.
NothingEverything
Posted 5/2/2008 7:01 AM (#4947 - in reply to #4945)

UMS Student

Paul Joseph - 2008-05-03 5:56 PM

Tracking back to before I became more active on this site, and noticed this thread.

Sunflower, your comment about 'being away with the fairies'; I do feel that fairies exist, or have existed but have become a little more witrhdrawn from us. There is an old book now written by Evans-Wentz (I think, he who translated The Tibetan Book of the Dead), called, 'The Fairy Faith of the Celtic Peoples', which is a serious academic study of fairy beliefs and experiences, with personal accounts and interviews, etc.

So your sighting could well have been an etheric presence, I have no doubt.

A great book for anyone serious about metaphysics.
Many "secrets" about "will" are also found in this book, for those aspiring to become Adepts and Masters.
sunflower
Posted 5/2/2008 7:02 AM (#4948 - in reply to #4945)

Elite Veteran

hi paul,yes i totaly agree with you,i also beleive fairies exist,there are many wonders in this world not yet discovered,but when walking in nature,we have an instinct,intuitive,whatever,and just know that nature is alive,and talking to us,as i say i may sound to those who doubt,may think me mad,but i can only speak of my personal experiences,and what i see,with my own eyes,and a personal knowing,when it comes to the argument of tecnology,eg,what camera,it depends,so on,to me that is of no significance,i have seeen many things,and captured much on camera,different ones,that leave me in no doubt, that what was once maybe folklore,is in fact the truth,i know some charlatans have tried to photograph fairies,to fool the media,for their own gain,thats their greed,but as i say there are more things on this earthplane,that we cannot see,doesn,t mean they are not there,we can,t see spirit as such,or God,etc,but we beleive,its in our heart and soul,and as i say just a knowing
NothingEverything
Posted 5/2/2008 7:14 AM (#4949 - in reply to #4948)

UMS Student

sunflower - 2008-05-03 8:02 PM

hi paul,yes i totaly agree with you,i also beleive fairies exist,there are many wonders in this world not yet discovered,but when walking in nature,we have an instinct,intuitive,whatever,and just know that nature is alive,and talking to us,as i say i may sound to those who doubt,may think me mad,but i can only speak of my personal experiences,and what i see,with my own eyes,and a personal knowing,when it comes to the argument of tecnology,eg,what camera,it depends,so on,to me that is of no significance,i have seeen many things,and captured much on camera,different ones,that leave me in no doubt, that what was once maybe folklore,is in fact the truth,i know some charlatans have tried to photograph fairies,to fool the media,for their own gain,thats their greed,but as i say there are more things on this earthplane,that we cannot see,doesn,t mean they are not there,we can,t see spirit as such,or God,etc,but we beleive,its in our heart and soul,and as i say just a knowing

Sunflower,
Don't be concerned with proving anything. You have used intuition to see, that is a sight that is beyond looking.
Intuition does not require proof, its is aquired from universal truth, and when our senses report to our brains, it has already told us the truth of the matter long before.
As for "seeing" miracles such as God, one need not look any further than things as mundane as a pile of dung.
Spirit is ubiquitous.
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/2/2008 7:30 AM (#4950 - in reply to #4383)

PhD Alumni

Absolutely, NE.

'Spirit is ubiquitous':

And perhaps real Seeing is done by the Eye of the Heart - the intuition of which you speak.

Keep seeing & believing, Sunflower !!
sunflower
Posted 5/2/2008 8:24 AM (#4951 - in reply to #4949)

Elite Veteran

hi ,NE,PJ, thanks for your kind remarks,as i say i have a passion for all things spiritual,and nature,maybe in that passion,i come across sometimes as being angry,i,m not,honest,i mean no harm,but maybe i say some things that may offend,and its taken in the wrong way,i think all humans to some extent share this,when they have that thirst for knowledge,i know myself,i can at times be supersensitive,and take things personaly,a failing in me,but i wouldn,t knowinly hurt another soul.luv and lite
NothingEverything
Posted 5/4/2008 4:09 AM (#4974 - in reply to #4951)

UMS Student

sunflower - 2008-05-03 9:24 PM

hi ,NE,PJ, thanks for your kind remarks,as i say i have a passion for all things spiritual,and nature,maybe in that passion,i come across sometimes as being angry,i,m not,honest,i mean no harm,but maybe i say some things that may offend,and its taken in the wrong way,i think all humans to some extent share this,when they have that thirst for knowledge,i know myself,i can at times be supersensitive,and take things personaly,a failing in me,but i wouldn,t knowinly hurt another soul.luv and lite

I dont think anyone ever finds you offensive here Sunflower, the sharing of your experiences is beautiful.
Never hold your tongue.
Nefertiti
Posted 5/10/2008 11:29 AM (#5105 - in reply to #4383)

Film is analog, it does not have any pixels, because pixels are digital. Film has a serious high resolution tht any digital software cannot match, because in digital, it runs the image collected through a software program before showing the world what it 'thinks' it saw. It's not admissible in court either, because of too many software glitches and it's also too easy to manipulate with programs.

The only hard evidence admitable as proof, even in a court room is film.

In collecting paranormal phenomena, always use film. But, other debunking will happen too. Other people do not know the surroundings, so it's important to note as much information as possible about the surroundings. I.e. temperature, moisture, anyone smoking, etc.

Nefertiti
Posted 5/10/2008 11:33 AM (#5107 - in reply to #4383)

I also agree that our own psychic senses and some phenomena, just cannot be proven, but if trying, that is what i suggest.

It is a good feeling to experience such thing though. Even if cannot prove it.
Supernatural3
Posted 5/10/2008 11:57 AM (#5108 - in reply to #4383)

PhD Alumni

yeah, i have to say, trying to prove such things are next to impossible. In my 15 yrs of trying to PROVE this stuff really does exist, i have only ever come across very little hard core proof, and even that was unable to prove to anyone who wasn't there. It all comes down to knowing inside what you saw, experienced and felt.

I think we are supposed to have personal experiences to find our own truths. If we can prove it, kewl.... but our science is just not capable at this point. But getting better.....

Just enjoy what you know.

Blessings~
Paul Joseph
Posted 5/11/2008 3:03 PM (#5141 - in reply to #5108)

PhD Alumni

Back to paradox I kind of feel that creatures of the subtle energy realms, in a way, do not exist, unless we believe in them; but then when we believe in them they become absolutely real. But just because we do not believe in them, either, does not mean that they do not exist - n the Real world. It's a little bit like faith in God- God needs us to believe in him/her, to take effect in our lives. But if we do not believe in him/her, things carry on, Karma continues, but we are just not aware of it; we obey or disobey the Dharmic law consciously or unconsciously. Better though, i believe, to be conscious about it; then we can become players. That is why the faery folk have withdrawn, because we have withdrawn from them; or also, invaded their world with un-faery like attitudes. I hope that makes some kind of sense.