Kevin Trudeau
ongoingbattle
Posted 4/10/2008 10:31 AM (#4310)
Subject: Kevin Trudeau

Has anyone read Kevin Trudeau's books? A friend recently gave me "Natural Cures They Don't Want You to Know About." I have heard many mixed messages about him being amazing and being a crock that has caused many people to die because they wrongly believed they were getting better. Any thoughts?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mruppert
Posted 4/10/2008 9:50 PM (#4314 - in reply to #4310)
Subject: RE: Kevin Trudeau

Hi Ongo....
     Yeah, we (my ra's and I) know Mr. Trudeau well. There is so much to say that it will not fit into the time that I have to type a response.
      But, tell me, did you read anything that was really secreted from generally available "information"?
      Hence, even holistic healers tend to jump on bandwagons that are the product of poor science and hearsay testimonials, most of which are specious in nature.
       I agree with you in that many people can benefit via "western medicine" for certain conditions, IF the "western medicine" is practiced and applied correctly.......unfortunately, most western medicine nowadays bears no resemblance to healing, and is, in fact, an industry through which entities make money, usually at the cost of misery, suffering and death.
       Look at the need for anti-malarial pharmaceuticals, but no manufacturer is going to do that, since they can make more money selling us a drug to relieve RLS (restless leg syndrome) which I never knew I had. I used to just stop shaking my leg when I got tired of doing so. Now...I gotta take a drug to stop shaking my leg.....hmmmmm......
Peace and Light,
Marty and Restless Cats...until they eat, then they sleep for 5 or 6 hours.....Lucky, Poppyhead and the SissyGirl
Christine Breese
Posted 4/14/2008 1:15 AM (#4340 - in reply to #4310)

UMS

I think Kevin Trudeau's stuff is great, and he has been razzed by people who want to undo him. He made some financial mistakes in his past, but he learned from them, admits to them and says, "Oh well, you got to move on and be a better person." and he did. Now I believe that he does really want to bust the system so that all of us have some info that can really help us. His suggestions are things I was already doing a lot before I heard of him, and he had a few things I hadn't heard of. I think he is a champion of the people, in essence, even though he's made mistakes in his past.

As for people dying doing what he suggests, I believe that if you are really ill it is too late to do the things he is suggesting and you ahve to go to more drastic measures. What he is giving is the methods to maintain and keep good health, rather than turning diseases around, really. And no matter what people try, be it his suggestions or western medicine, they will die anyway if they cannot change the underlying attitudes, beliefs and other things that caused the disease in the first place. If you are at the point of being really ill, a drasic overhaul of your inner landscape is necessary. So wouldn't blame him if people died, since western medicine hasn't really had a better track record. A lot of people have turned it aroudn using methods he is suggesting, since they aren't necessarily his original suggestions and the cures have been arounf for a long time.

I kinda like the guy and appreciate that he's willing to take the heat from the FDA and the govt who don't want him to let us all know these things, so I consider him a hero of sorts, standing up to the system and telling us what we can do that isn't serving the drug companies.
Rose
Posted 4/15/2008 5:56 AM (#4355 - in reply to #4310)

Student

This sounds great! I believe that this is the future to help our fellow American's who on a growing number every day cannot afford healthcare. Our Government seems to do nothing more than pay lip service to helping, but there are ways we can all help who have knowledge on creating more proper daily diets and using some of the old world wisdom passed down to us for the use of herbs etc. I hope on a whole more of us reach out to those in need of increasing their health.

We have so much to offer each other....one person at a time we can make a difference in others lives. I'm so glad you shared about this Man's work. Thanks!
Christine Breese
Posted 4/15/2008 9:30 PM (#4374 - in reply to #4310)

UMS

By the way, I cured my restless leg sydrome by taking calcium and magnesium whenever it showed up, and it goes away immediately. I suffered form that for years, turns out it's just nutrient deficiency!

You see, calcium and magnesium are responsible for contractinon and relaxing of the muscles. Without enough calcium and magnesuium, restless leg syndrome is the result. Try it, you'll be cured! It sure did make my life better!
sunflower
Posted 4/16/2008 1:31 AM (#4375 - in reply to #4310)

Elite Veteran

hi natural cures have been around since time immorial,i beleive the answer to illness lies in nature,trees,plants etc,but it also lies deep within us,if we listen to our bodies,i.e.if our body needs salt,it craves things such as potato chips,ready salted,or sweet things,as the body needs sugar,to a small degree,we crave cakes,sweets,etc,and so it goes.,its our bodies telling us what it needs,at a particular time,its as if the whole of the body is made up of ingredients,like a cake we bake,get all the ingredients right,in the right meausurment,and the cake turns out perfect,leave out vital ingredients,and the cake will turn out wrong,so it is with the body.Trouble is,food today,with all the artificial flavours,numbers,has become addictive,simply because of all the e numbers,etc,if you like,if we go without these chemicals,we crave them,hence junk food addiction,obesity.many,many years ago,when people were on food rationing,before chemical numbers were invented,they had to eat in short supply,that generation,seem to be the healthiest,sugar is the main culprit,it is worse than alchol for rotting the liver,amongst many other illnesses.I beleive the drugs we get from doctors,for any,and every malady,goes a long way to destroying our health,i.e.too many antibiotics,for any small thing,it supresses the immune system,so that eventualy,our body becomes immune to them,,so they have to make stronger atibiotics,to cope,a viscious circle,they say people are living longer today,maybe so,but do they actualy have a life,or just being kept alive,to boost up the statistics from doctors,how well theyre doing.No,i think its time to get back to our roots,so to speak,the answer is out there for free,nature is shouting it at us,the doctors,pharmacuticul companies,make sure we cannot hear,or they would be out of business,trouble is,unscrpulous people take advantage,and make up all sorts of natural cure,which generaly are placebos,at a price,so,sorry i,ve gone on,but the answer,i beleive,is simple as nature,luv 2 allx
mruppert
Posted 4/16/2008 9:22 PM (#4394 - in reply to #4375)

Hi SunnyFlora, and all;
     Sunn, you remind me soooo much of someone else, that it is uncanny!
     Anyway, I'll ask again....what did Mr. Trudeau say that was a "secret?" What did he say that one is not able to "google"?

P&L,
Marty and Attentive cats, Luck, Popp and Siss
sunflower
Posted 4/19/2008 12:25 PM (#4469 - in reply to #4394)

Elite Veteran

how interesting,do tell,who do i remind you of,and what is the uncanny connection
Louise
Posted 4/26/2008 6:02 PM (#4720 - in reply to #4310)

UMS Student

Hi all - I just spent a whole day speed-reading his book after spotting it in the newly released section in the Library (I'm in New Zealand) - this man is on a MISSION big time - I really admire him for his passion and his sense of purpose - and for the fact he is saying "hey I''m standing up for something I know is wrong, I'm vulnerable but I've got to do this, please support me and send me your prayers" Regardless of the subject matter, I am SO inspired by that.
mruppert
Posted 4/26/2008 11:03 PM (#4721 - in reply to #4310)

Hi all:
Lou........Christine Breezy...anyone?????????????????
Write on this website ONE thing that Mr. Inanouttacourt K. Trudeau said in that book that has been kept a "secret" from you or me or anyone else!
     I will grant that the book does not have the gross negative effects that some of the other things he has done had....such as Eden products (there is a doctor in Tarzana, Cali that will have a whole lot to say about that....and most of it not favorable to KT, but that is a matter of court records) or the Coral Calcium
scheme, or the enhanced memory/weight loss scheme.
     I AM NOT SAYING that the FDA or the FTC or, for that matter the SEC, DOL, DOE or any other government agency in the Hew Hess Hay is exemplary. NO.....the FDA has become a sham of an agency, with vested interest that is often guided by monetary considerations.
     What I am saying is that several of "us" (my friends and associates) have spent considerable amounts of personal money to check these things out.....and, in this instance, we have found that there is little value in parting YOU of $30+ USD for a book that contains.....well......you tell me!
     Let me put it another way.....if you want to buy "The Secret" that's all well and good. It is a viewpoint that some people find "attractive", in that it does no harm, does no specific good, but is a nice way of repackaging the power of positive thinking that Dr. Norman Vincent Peale did a while back. As for me, I like Rhonda, I think she is a very attractive lady...I have a crush on her....but I am not going to recommend her book as proof of something that she chooses to call the "Law of Attraction".
She was/is(?) a tv producer, and wrote a nice book....she has not been associated with many ripoff schemes as the subject of this post has.
     I say these things in an attempt to not have people associated with this website spend their money unnecessarily. Many of you don't have tons of money to spend, and to some, money is very precious. I don't gotalot either!!!! But, pooling resources, I have privy to things that come along that are provocative and/or revelatory.....and I can honestly say that we haven't found one thing yet that does what it claims to do, in so far as "pie in the sky" claims.

Peace in truth,
Marty and Lamplighter Cats, Luck, Popp, and Siss 

P.S. We DID find more than anecdotal evidence that "cider" vinegar has an effect on certain types of arthritis. But, it was not significant enough to write another book, since several have all ready been written. Hey, if it helps, go for it!!!!!!!!!!
Chotuni
Posted 4/27/2008 5:54 PM (#4755 - in reply to #4310)

Regular

no i haven't
Louise
Posted 4/29/2008 7:02 AM (#4861 - in reply to #4310)

UMS Student

Hey Marty, I'm of no real opinion on this health stuff and can't even partake on a good debate due to my lack of knowledge in this area. What does come to mind is an 'american guy' called Don Tolman who came over to NZ and I went to one of his seminars - he has a very similar message to Kevin - actually has quite a story to tell about how he started on a life mission to find the ingredients of pulse - from the book of Daniel - a superwholefood receipe blah blah - he travelled the world seeking out ancient scrolls & manuscripts that would reveal the wisdom and language of whole foods. Again, a message about if 'going natural'. Don Tolman describes himself as an entertainer, and, I found him very entertaining. Putting their messages aside, there is something captivating about the passion these people have - again, this may be just personal opinion and most likely a reflection of what I value..I think they are certainly awakening something - if only our opinions and position in this debate about this thing called food, natural health, and natural cures...how interesting people we are - this is so human of us it's kind of funny..
Paul Joseph
Posted 4/29/2008 7:14 AM (#4862 - in reply to #4310)

PhD Alumni

I have also kept out of this thread because i nothing about KT; but Louise's took me back to basics of nutrition and reflections i had when doing the UMS Breatharian course. That was reminded to me recently because, re-reading Paramahansa Yogananda's Autobiography of a Yogi, he also had a chapter on a 'saint who never ate'. Having received a mantra when a young girl with an over-eating problem, this Indian saint was able to refrain from food and sustain herself on meditation, so it is said, aged 70 and in the best of health when interviewed by PY. Conversely, in the psychiatric field, i have met with people who have died experiencing anorexia, etc. In the light of the current world food crisis, these are perplexing issues.
mruppert
Posted 4/29/2008 11:27 PM (#4876 - in reply to #4310)

And Hi to All:
     Yes, you are all right, in my humble opinion!!!! You all say exactly what I believe......we "KNOW" what is right for us without paying 30 bucks for the privilege of knowing.
      But, do you know that BPA7 is bad for you. Do you know what it really is? Now, at least, you can google BPA and learn about it...for nothing! I am not gonna charge you to learn about BPA7 for a fee. It is, indeed, free knowledge.......and knowledge that you should have.
       Who funded the people who discovered this? Well, directly, I did; along with a whole lot of other people. But those of us who do this do not seek to profit; we seek to have pregnant women have healthy babies and people not to die prematurely.
And we give it up for free, as it is what we are commanded to do,by a spirit which is greater than ourselves.

Peace and Love,
Marty and Plasticats, Luckster, Poppster, and Sisster