Metaphysical Art
benshoshan
Posted 4/3/2008 6:41 PM (#4224)
Subject: Metaphysical Art

"It is said that observing metaphysical art induces lucidity and reduces stress.
Many people who view such artwork can deeply connect to what they see, even though they do not necessarily understand it. In others it simply evokes positive and uplifting feelings as they are influenced by it subconsciously.
It is a rewarding and elevating experience when the artist succeeds to channel highly spiritual knowledge and create a positive impact on the viewer.”

As an auto-deduct artist, my work is not attached to any particular location or time frame, and it’s free from any familiar set of rules.
My creation is a medium of transferring knowledge about things that are beyond linear time and thinking.
I would like to share it with members of the forum, in order to get their insights and impressions about the images.
You are welcome to visit my website at: http://www.ben-shoshan.com

(SheddingHeavyTraces.jpg)

(VanishingDelusions.jpg)

(MagnetismExtended.jpg)

(GoldenNavigator.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments SheddingHeavyTraces.jpg (72KB - 366 downloads)
Attachments VanishingDelusions.jpg (84KB - 357 downloads)
Attachments MagnetismExtended.jpg (65KB - 322 downloads)
Attachments GoldenNavigator.jpg (59KB - 293 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Supernatural3
Posted 4/3/2008 7:42 PM (#4227 - in reply to #4224)
Subject: RE: Metaphysical Art

PhD Alumni

Wow, Thank you for sharing. I love metaphysical art myself. I love the serene or surrealism about it. I certainly feel it does invoke the mental thought.

Love it~
benshoshan
Posted 4/4/2008 3:25 AM (#4231 - in reply to #4224)

Hello Supernatural3,
Thank you for your comment.
I was glad to hear you liked the artwork.
Did it evoke anything in you beyond thought?
(feelings, memories, etc.?)
Supernatural3
Posted 4/4/2008 7:55 AM (#4232 - in reply to #4224)

PhD Alumni

At first it somewhat reminded me of college, I had an art class and I wrote a full report on surrealism. I also chose Salvador Dali as the artist. After all, he is a grandfather of surrealism.

but when I really look at the pictures, it kind of freaks me out. I am not a hat person, and their feet.... It's looks just like it would feel so uncomfortable. But then again, it makes you think... why not, they must not NEED their feet where they are at.

Which got me to thinking, in my show last night, we talked about ghosts.... as usual, but we all noticed that we never really see feet, when anyone does see a ghost. Perhaps feet are not needed, so why manifest that portion.

The pictures reminded me of that..... not needing the feet.

benshoshan
Posted 4/4/2008 8:51 AM (#4233 - in reply to #4224)
Subject: RE: Pointed Feet...

Hi Supernatural3,
Wonderful insight!!
You gave almost the same explanation that I give about the cone feet.
In fact, the characters in the painting use these feet to touch the ground an hop forward, bacause in the dimension they live, the gravitation is different from what we know here.
Good observation!
Kashia
Posted 4/4/2008 11:09 AM (#4237 - in reply to #4224)

I looked at your website and have saved it. For my own and for my grandson, 7 yrs old that is gifted artist in
alternative forms I could now think of as metaphysical art. Of the prints you have posted here, magnetismextended
I could relate to deeply. it represents my current life situation. now if I can just find a way to release the balls freely
into the air! Thank you much for sharing your beautiful work.
Nefertiti
Posted 4/4/2008 3:30 PM (#4243 - in reply to #4224)

I too went and looked at your webpage. Beautiful work.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. You are a very gifted artist.

Love and Light,
Jayme
benshoshan
Posted 4/4/2008 6:36 PM (#4244 - in reply to #4237)

Thank you for your response.
The painting "Extended Magnetism" is about high spiritual wisdom that is poured over us from the universe.
The golden beads represent knowlege from higher realms. All the beads are organized and attached to each other with magnetic forces. With a light arm movement we can spread them around effortlessly... It's up to us to make the coice...

(BitsOfEnlightment.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments BitsOfEnlightment.jpg (92KB - 335 downloads)
benshoshan
Posted 4/4/2008 6:42 PM (#4245 - in reply to #4243)

Dear Jayme,
It is my pleasure to be part of your forum.
A very meaningful task for me is to spread around the visual knowlege that is being channeled to me.
mruppert
Posted 4/5/2008 12:43 AM (#4249 - in reply to #4224)

Dear Orn-aha!
     It is my pet theory that writers write about what they know, and artists paint what they see.
     By this I mean that a writer who writes about a machine that will fly through the air, writes about it because he sees it....even though it is at a time when this does not exist. That particular reality for the writer is now our everyday reality.
     Artists recreate, via media, what they see as real. The ancient Tibetian mandalas show intricate patterns of the universe...now slowly being seen by the scientists of today.
      I saw something very unusual in your art!

Peace,
Marty and Poetic Cats
MollyB
Posted 4/5/2008 12:37 PM (#4256 - in reply to #4224)

Student

These are absolutely striking. I would like to meditate on these this weekend and see what comes up. I will post what I get, ok?

Thank you so much for these.

Christine Breese
Posted 4/14/2008 1:19 AM (#4341 - in reply to #4224)

UMS

nice art! c
Louise
Posted 4/15/2008 6:54 PM (#4368 - in reply to #4224)

UMS Student

Hi - I particularly liked SheddingHeavyTraces - my very first response was a smile ) there is so much truth in this work because it makes us observe beyond ourselves, it prevents our mind from getting into its usual routine - oh yes, and I see a man, colours blah blah - "hang on, wait! Is this real that I see? What is real?" The very question of life itself! The particular painting is so effortless, it reminds me to drop my guard, to let go, and look beyond the everyday. To me, the painting also depicts the inifinite possibilities beyond linear time - the man coming out of the door - another parallel..the only rules are those that we give ourselves. Fantastic work, thank you!

Are you interested in the tarot? As I was looking through your work I was thinking that you would produce the most amazing deck!?!

Louise
benshoshan
Posted 4/15/2008 7:51 PM (#4370 - in reply to #4224)

Dear Louise,
Thank you - you had a great observation.
As far as I understand, "Shedding Heavy Traces" is about the transformation from one dimension to another. In such transformation, one has to shed all the material matter, because it is not needed any more.
Yes - I was thinking about creating a deck of cards from my artwork, but I have not yet found someone who is knowlegable enough with card decks to collaborate with me.
If you have any ideas - that could help.
Best Regards- Orna
Louise
Posted 4/15/2008 8:25 PM (#4372 - in reply to #4224)

UMS Student

Hi Orna - Ciro Marchetti who designed the Gilded Tarot found himself in a similar position - he is a computer graphic designer and has created an interesting tarot deck - he knew nothing about tarot and decided to use that as an advantage - to allow the creative and uninhibited flow to be released without preconceived ideas..his artwork is The Gilded Tarot and he teamed up with someone to write the guide book. He comments on his journey here:

http://www.twpt.com/gildedtarot.htm

I'm not sure how helpful this is, but certainly in the right direction! Also, an excellent guide to tarot and its symbolism that covers the collective consciousness across all cultures is The Tarot Handbook Practical Applications of Ancient Visual Symbols - Angeles Arrien

Louise
benshoshan
Posted 4/16/2008 8:12 AM (#4384 - in reply to #4224)

Dear Louise,
Thank you so much for the info about tarot cards.
I will look into it. This is great help!
Best Regards -
Orna