Careers
Gidget
Posted 3/16/2008 12:54 AM (#3830)
Subject: Careers

New user

What careers are available for someone who has a degree in metaphysical sciences? I am just curious as to what paths a person can take and what opportunities exist for this type of education.

Thank you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rose
Posted 3/16/2008 2:19 PM (#3835 - in reply to #3830)
Subject: RE: Careers

Student

what kind of career would you like to have?
Gidget
Posted 3/16/2008 11:19 PM (#3839 - in reply to #3830)

New user

I would like to open a retreat/spirit center/sanctuary with meditative gardens and offer spiritual counseling. I want it to be the kind of place where people can gather to learn about all religions in an expansive library, have music and color therapy, massage therapy and holistic spa services. I would also like to host workshops and seminars there. It's an idea and just wondered if that is something I woul be able to do with a degree in metaphysical sciences. I am already an ordained minister and woud also perform weddings and handfastings in a small chapel there.
Dancing Daisy
Posted 3/18/2008 4:44 AM (#3854 - in reply to #3830)

UMS Student

Of course you could do that with a metaphysics degree! You wouldn't actually need a degree to do that but a degree would just give you a better credibility. Good luck, it sounds like a beautiful place!
Rose
Posted 3/18/2008 5:42 AM (#3856 - in reply to #3839)

Student

This sounds wonderful! I hope you do it too. And send us all invitations I would love to visit a retreat like that.
Gidget
Posted 3/24/2008 3:32 PM (#4014 - in reply to #3830)

New user

I am going to make this happen!!! I will definately keep everyone updated on the progress. :)
Supernatural3
Posted 3/24/2008 4:16 PM (#4015 - in reply to #3830)

PhD Alumni

I am doing full time Hypnotherapy, and past life regression therapy. It's definitely metaphysical but took a bit further training. I am also an Author now. The PhD helps for others to take my writings seriously, as long as I am writing in a spiritual / metaphysical nature.

One can also do public speaking, open a wellness center. These things are very needed especially in area's where it's not available.

I also am a Reiki Master.... I have my hubby learning EFT. Our goal would eventually be to open up a complete holistic wellness center. I hope to find others in my area, willing to chip in. This takes a lot of people to offer a wide variety of specialties.

If you love it.... do it for your business.
instinctual
Posted 3/25/2008 11:39 AM (#4032 - in reply to #3839)

PhD Alumni

Hi Gidget! That sounds absolutely beautiful! My opinion is that you would absolutely be able to do that with or without a degree, however with the degree you have credentials which will make you more marketable. I have many of the same ideas that you have. Do you want a business partner? (smile)
Peace!