diet, weight loss and improved meditation
instinctual
Posted 2/29/2008 12:34 PM (#3728)
Subject: diet, weight loss and improved meditation

PhD Alumni

Hi everyone, wanted to share this- I learned that my cholesterol levels were "bordering dangerous". I made conscious changes in my diet. I no longer eat beef, my calories are from basically fruits, vegetables and fish. There is no longer butter in my house, and I use only heart healthy oils such as flax seed and olive. I feel so much better! I am also experiencing improved clarity and mental and spiritual stamina when I meditate, achieving higher levels of consciousness, and experiencing pure joy. The mind and the body are one. I would love to hear about other's experiences with this. I am certain that I will see my numbers change when I return in 6 months-(YAY!)

Much Love To Everyone!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MollyB
Posted 2/29/2008 5:35 PM (#3730 - in reply to #3728)
Subject: RE: diet, weight loss and improved meditation

Student

Hello!

The very same thing happened to me when I returned my diet to veganism. I have been vegetarian for 17 years, and 3 of those were animal by-product free. For a year I
had been eating dairy and eggs again, but went back to cutting all that about a month ago. The change has been astounding not only Spiritually but there have been a lot
of emotional changes for the better. Best of all the crows are starting to trust me again!

Edited by MollyB 2/29/2008 5:40 PM
SouthernCrow
Posted 2/29/2008 6:24 PM (#3731 - in reply to #3728)

There is no need for humans to eat animals. All of our dietary requirements can be satisfied from the plant kingdom. When we decide to become vegetarian we also decide to walk a path of compassion and non violence. In india there was a revered king called Ashoka who turned towards compassion and away from violence. The wheel on the national flag of india is called the wheel of Ashoka also known as the wheel of dharma. It represents the end of the death - rebirth incarnation cycle. To learn compassion and sympathy is our collective mission on earth. The world could do with another Ashoka a vegetarian king. It is no surprise that in western countries where animals get factory farmed then slaughtered in their millions the leading killer of humans is heart disease. Heart Disease manifests from dysfunction of the heart chakra and the inability to give and recieve feelings of empathy, sympathy and compassion. Once a person is able to live a life of non violence in physical terms the next step is to be non violent on the mental and spiritual planes. That is not harming others by thoughts and controlling ones own mind. When this is achieved collectively peace on earth will become a reality.
instinctual
Posted 2/29/2008 9:34 PM (#3734 - in reply to #3728)

PhD Alumni

Thank you for such passionate responses.
Supernatural3
Posted 3/3/2008 10:38 AM (#3753 - in reply to #3728)

PhD Alumni

I would rather die than give up meat. (cannot help it- I love meat) I thrive on meat. We were created to be able to digest and eat meat. I could give up vegetables easily, and I cannot stand fish. But, I try hard to keep those in my eating habits.

It's the proportions that should be minimized. Most people just eat way more than they need.

Longevity runs in my family and we always ate a little of every food group. Grandma lived to be 101.9 and well.... she always had her desert too, along with her meat, potato and vegetable. I honestly think it's keeping it simple and low quantity that works. I have low cholesterol. Yet I am a meat eater.

Exercise is extremely important too. That is my downfall. I know I do not get enough and that alone would create a healthier me.

It's all in what works for each individual....
Either way, do what makes you feel your best.

Congratulations on getting your Cholesterol down.
instinctual
Posted 3/3/2008 11:16 AM (#3755 - in reply to #3753)

PhD Alumni

Thank you Doc, I was almost allowing myself to experience guilt. Glad to know that I am not the only Spirit driven individual who enjoys a good steak now and then. It is what it is.

MollyB
Posted 3/4/2008 4:06 PM (#3759 - in reply to #3728)

Student

I think many people have misconsceptions that vegetarians or vegans judge those who eat meat. Perhaps some do, but trust me, I've been doing this for quite some time
and meat eaters can be just as judgmental (and sometimes defensive) at the mere mention of the word 'vegetarian'. Doesn't really make sense to me?

My body has never been prone to "meat-friendliness", so we're not all designed to process meat in a healthy way. I am sure much of that depends on what a person has
contracted for this lifetime.

As far as I'm concerned, the only person I'm responsible for is me and what others choose to do is up to them. I chose this path because my Soul led me to for very specific
reasons and I love it....but it certainly is not for everyone.
Supernatural3
Posted 3/5/2008 8:23 AM (#3766 - in reply to #3728)

PhD Alumni

Only those who let themselves be judged, can be.

I really do not care what others think about my choice of loving meat either. I agree, to each his own.

But I personally do not understand how others can go with out it, and still get proper nutrients. While I was in my young days, watching a best friend of mine grow up w/o meat (or any animal bi-product) was hard. Her body suffered for it. She did not replace what she missed, like iron and other essential vitamins and grew up to look somewhat off. While she is mentally fine, her looks grew to make her have a down syndrome look about her. She found as an adult the damage done while growing up was irreversible. The biggest toll she is paying is being unable to conceive children now. Her body did not properly form without getting things like calcium from milk or cheese, or vitamins from those things, etc. She didn't eat 'any' animal dairy products. Since then, she has started eating meat and cheese and loves it, but still will not drink milk, but it's too late for her to turn back the clock.

Now, this was an extreme case, and I am sure those who choose not to eat any animal bi-products do supplement their diets with other forms or replacement, by taking vitamins, and calcium, etc. Unfortunately, she did not supplement and paid dearly for it.

SouthernCrow
Posted 3/5/2008 11:17 PM (#3772 - in reply to #3728)

The debate over eating meat versus not eating meat is one I look forward to seeing more of because then it is coming out of the unconscious mind into the conscious mind and it is on the agenda as a topic for us to think about and feel about. In my country we have advertisments on television from groups such as themainmeal.com.au promoting the eating of cows and sheep. Unfortunately the resources of the vegan movement are not as well financed so we have been using the internet sites such as www.goveg.com .

The word Anahata is a sanskrit word for the heart chakra. Its translation means "unhurt" or "unwounded". It tells us that the part of the body we call the heart has a role has a purpose and that is to not hurt, not harm. The more we adopt a stance of nonviolence or uncruelty our heart grows spiritually and is healthier physically. Cruelty exists in many forms - it can be verbal, it can be physical, it can be behind somesones back without them knowing, it can be metaphysical - it is possible to hurt another with thoughts alone. The Indian guru Sathya Sai Baba has been observed to have a large pink aura, which is one of the colours of the heart chakra, it is the colour of affection. One of Sai Baba's mantras is "Help Ever, Hurt Never" - it is no surprise that his aura is pink and that he has so many devotees attracted to him. We live in a world where cruelty in all forms is common. But there are forces of the heart alive in remote parts and they desire to open the hearts of humanity so that we can all live in harmony and peace and veganism is a foundation stone of this goal. For humanity to ascend the heart must come alive again because so many people these days are "alive" only in their brains. The evolutionary result of this is enlarged brains and shrunken bodies as in the case of some alien species. If you want to see a picture of what this looks like click on link "Photo of Alien" at the website www.stopabductions.com . The message is the heart and feeling centres of the body must come alive and we have to stop living so much in the brain.

(CapturedAlien.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments CapturedAlien.jpg (19KB - 297 downloads)