Need your opinion on well respected EFT authors
lcarpentieri
Posted 2/6/2008 11:30 AM (#3618)
Subject: Need your opinion on well respected EFT authors

Has anyone researched and studied EFT well enough to determine which authors are most respected in the field of EFT - Emotional Freedom Technique?
I've done extensive internet research and have compiled a list of author names & their book titles, but there are TOO MANY!
I need to narrow it down a bit. I want to ensure the references I use are THE MOST respected in the field.
I simply can't use EVERY author published on the subject.

What's your opinion? Who do you feel are the most respected authors in the study of EFT?
I'd like to compare notes! Thanks in advance for your response!
Lisa
Top of the page Bottom of the page
John W. Kelly
Posted 2/7/2008 11:57 AM (#3621 - in reply to #3618)
Subject: RE: Need your opinion on well respected EFT authors

Regular

Can you give us a brief description of EFT?
soulfire
Posted 2/8/2008 12:42 PM (#3623 - in reply to #3618)

Alumni

I have quite a lot of experience with EFT as it was the first energy therapy I tried before settling on a group of practitioners who use a different variety of energy tapping (which has worked for me). Eft has worked for my kids many times and I firmly believe in it.
The books I like best (a complement to the free manual) and have recommended to others many times are called 'getting through to your emotions with EFT' and the sequel to that one. I don't have them in front of me to see the authors, but I know they are also listed on the eft website. Hope this helps! ~SF

for the other poster - the website is www.emofree.com if you would like to know more about it.
Supernatural3
Posted 2/11/2008 11:46 AM (#3638 - in reply to #3618)

PhD Alumni

I have not personally tried EFT as of yet, while i have thought about it several times.
I do get Gary Craig's newsletter in my email often and he explains it pretty well.
His site is http://www.emofree.com/default.htm

That is on my list of "to-do's"

If anyone does have great results, i would love to hear about them.

I am looking for help with tremors & allergies. The rest I can deal with using hypnosis.

I hear EFT is a form of NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) which is a form of hypnosis, but that is an argument that i cannot join, because i have not explored EFT enough. I currently am saturated in school studies for psychotherapy, so i cannot do it now.

soulfire
Posted 2/11/2008 12:50 PM (#3639 - in reply to #3638)

Alumni

Doc J -
when I first started EFT I had severe reactions to all chemicals and was especially allergic to scents and perfumes. I am now no longer allergic. IMO allergies are a means of the body to try and protect a person from a percieved threat. i.e. If a child feels threatened by hearing their parents argument and there is a dog in the room, the child may end up severely allergic to dogs because the body inaccurately supposed the dog to be the threat. I'm not saying this is always the case, but I've seen too many cases of similar cases to this. Once you clear the emotions of the original moment, generally the allergy will be minimised if not gone all together.

I know of your tremors and would say EFT will help BUT seeing as you have a history of things to go with (I've read in other posts) I would recommend working with a practitioner at first. There may be some pretty heavy issues come up- which often happens, and when the subconscious begins seeing these things clear two things can be the result. One, the floodgates open and it is overwhelming sometimes, or two, you get shut down further because your subconscious is using the symptoms as a means to keep you safe and if you 'sabotage' it it will turn around and make things worse.

I am familiar with NLP and EFT and do not think they are related. NLP is a way to get in and find things to work on in the subconscious and can be helpful to EFT practitioners. I believe a lot of them use it. I also do not believe EFT is a form of hypnosis. It is a means of releasing emotional reactions stored in the body by tapping along kay spots on the accupuncture meridians. Totally unrelated IMO.
Supernatural3
Posted 2/11/2008 1:40 PM (#3644 - in reply to #3618)

PhD Alumni

Since I have not learned EFT personally, I am only bringing up what i have heard from other hypnotists. I can see your points and I guess i have a hard time understanding how one is to release past emotions, with out hypnosis. Hypnosis is how one can work with the subconscious through opening up the protection layer (aka critical layer) that protects the subconscious, thus allowing them to reach the subconscious to create change in learned associations, in a way that will remain changed, so the person does not associate the problem with what they originally associated it with.

So it has to be a form of hypnosis, just different than trance.

It's an ongoing debait in other forums.... we haven't come to any conclusions as of yet. But... since i personally haven't tried it myself, I have no way of knowing other then what others tell me. I do however have the course. I just haven't had time to go through it... too busy trying not to fail my other school exams. (which have been very stressful)

I wish there was someone in my area that i could trade favors with, or personally give it a shot. I feel like i live in a rural area, and I don't. It's suburban, but feels like we are way behind when it comes to spirituality.

Can this be done over the phone?

It sounds like you know quite a bit about it.... Thank you for sharing.

soulfire
Posted 2/11/2008 3:11 PM (#3645 - in reply to #3644)

Alumni

Yes it definitely can be done over the phone. That is where the NLP tends to come in handy.

It is funny you should bring up the hypnosis/eft debate. I personally worked pretty extensively with a very good hypnotherapist when I was younger.
Let me say, while I like hypnosis and all, there is *definitely a difference* and hypnosis does not get into all the areas of the subconscious, as some people tend to believe. You only have to become knowledgeable about dissociation to know this. Hypnosis also does not clear anything in the BODY, which is where EFT tends to work. i.e. I was date raped @ 17y old. I went to my hypnotist who helped me resolve many 'hidden' issues at the time although not all, but the memories were still stored in my BODY as emotions which didn't get addressed until I did energy therapies/eft for them.

People tend to think that Hypnosis is a blanket treatment for the whole of the subconscious. My time using hypnosis didn't find any of the dissociative parts I had clearly developed at the time to help me cope, so while I give credit to it, it does have a limited scope of application. For dissociative people their subconscious tends to present the part of the SC they want and leave all others out of it, for survival purposes. My hypnotist was quite well known at the time and she and her husband were on the cutting edge of new developments in biofeedback in the late 80's. I don't doubt they were the best at what they did.

Blessings, ~SF
soulfire
Posted 2/13/2008 1:11 PM (#3654 - in reply to #3645)

Alumni

This is not an EFT author, but I'm reading Life Energy by Dr. John Diamond right now. His theories go right along with eft such that emotiuons are stored along the meridians of the body, but he says that certain emotions are stored in certain meridians and that if you identify the weak meridian, you can often identify the emotion weakening it, even if it is so buried you can't feel it. WOW! Fascinating stuff!
Supernatural3
Posted 2/14/2008 3:56 PM (#3657 - in reply to #3618)

PhD Alumni

I am going to look further into EFT, when i am done with school, or over summer break. Right now, i cannot even imagine it working anything close to as well as hypnosis does. I personally believe in the future being a choice and still unwritten, regardless of the past. Sometimes forgiveness is all that is needed, both self and others. I will not do age regression in hypnosis, because it can lead to false memories as well as create a revivification. Nobody should experience any trauma twice. But since I have no clue what is involved with EFT, again i can only go by what others have said. The link i posted is the only info i know about it.

SF, I am sorry to hear about your 17 yr old experience. You are not alone in your experience. I find it odd that there are so many like us. I too was 17. While i do feel it affected my life, i have since forgiven both myself, and my ex. It no longer affects me like it used to. I often wonder if somehow i gave signals, and I felt guilty. Yet, I did not have a choice in the matter, which is the bottom line. Since then I have gone through extreme amounts of abuse, both mental and physical. I am glad that is all in the past. I am so much happier now and have a good man. I feel lucky. I do not let the past effect me, it's what created who i am today.

Now with that said, I will research a little on EFT and see just what core issues it releases. I heard it works on allergies.... which i have suffered with my entire life, since birth. If it can fix that..... or tremors...... I will be a FIRM believer and promote it 100%.

Blessings~

soulfire
Posted 2/15/2008 3:33 PM (#3659 - in reply to #3657)

Alumni

I really hope that eft will help you. Because of your history with abuse I would recommend learning more about dissociation and the like. It is not just for people with DID like me. It is a survival technique that all humans do and if you do have physical symptoms (i.e. your tremors) there might be some stuff there which will make eft difficult or impossible to treat on your own. I finally decided to go with a practitioner and only then did I see results.

When you have the time, I encourage you to learn more about energy therapies. I can give you the contact info for my practitioner if you like. I understand he practiced hypnotherapy for about 25y as a licenced psychologist before moving over to energy therapies because he found they worked better for him w/ his clients. He was a colleague of Gary Craig and they trained under the same guy.
Supernatural3
Posted 2/16/2008 11:52 AM (#3662 - in reply to #3618)

PhD Alumni

It all comes down to funds for me right now. I have to go to the hospital next week to have a cat scan on my abdominal area. We found a large mass inside, about the size of a coconut. Since my abdomen had been worked on lots, the entire area is numb. I didn't notice until recently, when it's large enough to feel pregnant. At which is impossible. Or if I am, i name it Jesus. Because it would be a miracle.

Anyway, I will check into EFT. I have the full course... just haven't had the time to learn it. It's chaotic and crazy here. LOL
Thank you so much for everything....

soulfire
Posted 2/16/2008 12:29 PM (#3663 - in reply to #3618)

Alumni

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings ~SF