Keeping our personality - Afterwards~
Supernatural3
Posted 1/24/2008 8:44 AM (#3525)
Subject: Keeping our personality - Afterwards~

PhD Alumni

Ok, as humans we have personality and ego. Some will say ego dies at death of our human life. But i hope we do not lose our personality. Anyone wonder about this part?

I think the thing i fear the most when crossing over is losing my own personality. I happen to like the ornery side of who i am and i know that sounds cocky, but it took me a long time to finally accept and like who i have grown to be. I am past the insecure stages, as well as past the stages of wondering about the false illusions of hell. I do not fear graduation from earth, and honestly i don't think we lose our personality.

I say this because i just lost my mother in law on Christmas Eve this past Dec. It's only been about 1 month today. Which is why i bring up this topic. Now, i decided a couple days after her passing, that i would meet her spiritually half way, in a meeting spot (safe zone) while meditating. The weird thing is.... i was able to do exactly what i wanted to. I was also able to get information to verify that i wasn't full of do-do.

I sat with my husband, while we held hands and closed our eyes, lit a candle with the sole intention of communicating with his mom, who recently passed. He could not get the image that i did, but i am the one who channels. I went to a room, at which i call the train station, or waiting room. This room has two doors in it, one to our realm, and one to the spiritual realm. The room is safe for all realms. In this room is a seat or bench... or what ever you want really. I put a bench in mine, just to sit and wait on. But i didn't have to wait long.... she was there already. I could even describe what she had on, or chose to have on for me to see.

She was there, she was happy, she was talking to me a lot. She told me that they were keeping her detained, at least until her funeral. She said they don't call it a funeral, they call it a graduation. She said it was therapeutic to see the funeral, for closure to Earth realm. She said they were throwing her a party and then she named all kinds of people. Names at which i do not know, because i have only been in my husbands life for 6 yrs. Many of his relatives i have never met, and never heard of. However, every single person she mentioned to me: My husband knew.... AND confirmed that they were also passed, and were close at one time with his mom. The first name I got was Charlie. What i didn't know is while my husband was near her body, they were talking about Charlie (i wasn't there) he told me this, AFTER i said "She said Charlie is with her". My husband said... "OMG, we were just talking about him yesterday". I said, "yes... he is there and with her now, only in the party room, she is with me". Then, she said the name Ernie. Not your typical name. I said, i feel silly saying this name, because it reminds me of Sesame Street, but my husband confirmed that Ernie was a very close friend of hers. He died a few years ago. There were two more names at which right now i cannot remember, but my husband can confirm that every single name i said, was someone he could directly remember as being close family.

She didn't seem concerned about family still left behind. She was being kept busy on purpose. She kept telling me that and giggling.
She did have her personality. Or did I give her that personality? I couldn't have given the names myself. I didn't know them.

I question of a lot of what i got as being valid... yet, i know what i saw, felt, and the information I received was accurate. She even told me that she felt silly talking in her own little language, and made fun of it a little, but it made me laugh (and cry). It was her personality that shined through in huge ways.

Anyone else have good connections with a past loved one?
I would love to hear about it, or hear views on what you feel.

Blessings~
Top of the page Bottom of the page
John W. Kelly
Posted 1/24/2008 12:05 PM (#3531 - in reply to #3525)
Subject: RE: Keeping our personality - Afterwards~

Regular

An interesting topic, one that I have thought about also. Perhaps we can take a page out of physical law for a clue. If we look back to people like Aristotle, Plato, Newton, and others, we will learn that they found that these laws have a type beauty to them. The moon will follow certain laws as it moves across the sky, night and day are reliable to the point that we can always count on them. Lets look at another law called "the law of conservation." This law states that nothing made of matter can be destroyed. If you burn a piece of wood, you haven't 'destroyed' it, you have simply changed it's appearance. If you freeze water, it becomes a solid. If we boil it, a gas appears. Nothing is lost during these processes. I believe there is a similar law, lets call it "the law of thought concervation." If I think a thought, it may change it's form during my life and even after my death, but it still exists. Will it find it's way back to me (or what was me)? I don't know. Does it return to some sort of data base (God)? Good question!
Tracy Martin
Posted 1/24/2008 12:18 PM (#3532 - in reply to #3525)

Alumni

From the Reincarnation observations I have read, in which people can envision themselves as completely different individuals, and my own personal beliefs, I don't believe that personality or ego is a reflection of who we really are. But we can probably hold on to it for as long as we want or as long as it takes for us to discover who we really are.
Omjah
Posted 1/24/2008 3:32 PM (#3535 - in reply to #3525)

UMS Guest

No me, no you, only one Self looking at one another pretending we are different.
John W. Kelly
Posted 1/24/2008 5:34 PM (#3536 - in reply to #3535)

Regular

Omjah - 2008-01-24 3:32 PM we are different.

Different relative to what?
tyciol
Posted 1/25/2008 12:21 AM (#3538 - in reply to #3525)

I sort of view the loss of ego as the same as death. Essentially, if our ego breaks down, we're just the disorganized memes it is composed of. This is no different to me than the memes we spread to our friends and loved ones and that live on in them when we die. It's amazing but still not as good as keeping the ego and living around to observ the dissemination of our memes.
Omjah
Posted 1/28/2008 6:32 PM (#3558 - in reply to #3525)

UMS Guest

We are different from one another, as unique as snowflakes, in our bodies and our personalities. In our hearts we are one.
debsceleb
Posted 3/12/2008 8:45 AM (#3805 - in reply to #3525)

hi,i found your experience facinating,you asked for others who had experienced similar from loved ones passed over. My 16yr old daughter passed 12 yrs ago,she was a very spiritual person,as am i.We were very close. I have many dreams that come true,maybe days later,or even years,i discount the drems we all dream of day to day things,etc,but i remeber the lucid ones,that stay with me years late,and have come to pass.I dreamt long before she was ill,that she was soon to pass over,it took plce in a railway staion,where we went 2 gether,down a 2 way esculator,we were on our way down,she let go of my hand and went towards the waiting train,i feared i would not find her,on the escalator going up,my 2 sons were there,i was upset,my son held my hand and said it would all be okay,she would be fine,and stopped me trying to go after her. a few yrs ago,i dreamt that my father,who had passed many years before my daughter was born,was in my bedroom,smiling at me,very emotional,but in a loving way,he said he had brought someone to se me,but they couln,t stay long,then suddenly,my daughter came from behind him,we rushed towards each other and cried with joy,cuddling,kissing,very emotional,it lasted for only a few minutes,then my dad said they had to go,he had seen my sufferring,and my doubts,and he was telling me what i thought,about the aftrlife was true,she had arrived safely,and was happy.I have many conversations with her in my head,i knew she was always around,especialy in times of strss or trauma,my son has had similar experiences,his son,4 yrs old,saw a young girl,in a long white flowing dress,just standing looking over him,he was frightened,it happened a few times,my son asked what she looked like,he described my daughte to a tee,we both told him it was aunty debs,just come to say hello,and to say she loved him,and was looking over him.These,and many more experience i have had,not all about my daughter,but things on the current newa etc,so yes,i truly beleive,a knowing,that there is without doubt a spirit home,she told me in thought,she had arrived,some lovely kind people put her to bed,to rest,when she awoke,her granfather was with her,they have never met in life,but have loads of fun in death,i hate that word.I think when we pass over,our ego,our personality we have on the earthplane,is developed on earth,especialy the ego,the personality we have ,is our spirit,that i beleive goes to its home.I also beleive there are many halls of learning,and just like school,on earth,we star fromwhatever layer we have derived ,the lesons we hve learned here,that is where we go,each and own individual spirit in different levels of learning,then they gradute when the time is right,to a higher relm,nd so on,love 2 you
Supernatural3
Posted 3/12/2008 9:09 AM (#3806 - in reply to #3525)

PhD Alumni

Wow Debs, That was incredible, tragic, yet beautiful. I actually teared up while reading your story. While I cannot imagine losing a child, I know that there is more than here. I know beyond a shadow of doubt that our intelligence stays with us. It's only hindered in our limited human experience.

I am having major surgery tomorrow, so this subject has been hitting me strongly. I am not scared, because I know beyond a shadow of doubt, that this is temporary. I call it our vacation of learning and experience. When we leave, we just graduate earth life. Some people graduate early.... While I would like to graduate sometime, I hope it's later and not now.

Every communication I have had with any spirit guide, or crossed relative, had personality. The ego was gone though....
They all were beautiful, happy, content and radiating with love.

I think you have come to the same conclusions as I have.
Feels great, doesn't it?

Blessings and Thank you for sharing.
Mother of an Angel
Posted 3/12/2008 5:31 PM (#3807 - in reply to #3525)

I to believe in a higher relm. My son passed almost 2 years ago at the age of 9. I too knew when he was diagnosed with Cancer, maybe even sooner than that, that he would not survive. After his passing, I found myself one day speaking to him as I put his favorite blanket back on his bed. I was asking to give me a sign that he was alright. Out of the air fell a feather, a wonder white bright feather. At first, I wasn't sure that I was seeing what I was seeing, but I was. Then the thought came that it came from a pillow on the bed. My son's pillows are not feather. I knew at that point my son had earned his wings and was with a high power than we have here on earth. It was his sign to me that he is now really alive! I often have dreams where him and I will cuddle and he will tell me about a path of my journey that I must research even further. I am excited for when the time comes that we will be with all our loved ones on the other side. It will be a joyous day, but for now, I have plenty of work to do in this plane with the help of my Son, my Guides and my Guardian Angel.

God's Blessings and I hope your surgery goes well,
Mother of an Angel
UMS Student
Reiki Practitioner