Hi everybody!
Anthony
Posted 1/23/2008 9:06 PM (#3514)
Subject: Hi everybody!

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Anthony, I'm 25 years old and I live in Kent, England.
I write songs and poetry, manifestations of my philosophical ideals and interpretations (that's one way of putting it).
Here are a few quotes of mine:

'Imagination, confined within the realms of comprehension, concedes limited realization.'

'There's no need for religion, just a faith in yourself.'

'Take the time to perceive, with an alternative perception.'

'Conceptual visualization, conceives theoretical possibilities.'

'Reality is simply impression of imagination.'

I'll leave you with a little poetry, and I look forward to future discussions on metaphysical sciences, which I find to be completely intriguing, fascinating and most of all, enlightening.

'May the winds of destiny guide you through, the mist of mixed emotion. Far beyond the realms of our empire sky, and carry you aloft to dance with the stars.'
Top of the page Bottom of the page
John W. Kelly
Posted 1/23/2008 9:39 PM (#3516 - in reply to #3514)
Subject: RE: Hi everybody!

Regular

From one new guy to another, hello!
mruppert
Posted 1/23/2008 9:42 PM (#3517 - in reply to #3514)

And Hello to you, Anthony:
     Your words have the exuberance of youth! I remember that I and my mates expressed pretty much the same concepts...even said the same words, in some cases, some years ago. Now, as I think about it, "some" has become "many".
     I, on occassion, become very sad that it has been so long since I embraced these concepts, but then, I take heart in the fact that we knew it then, as others knew it before us. And, it reinforces my concept that all is timeless, as all of time exists;
that all time exists at all times; and that all time exists everywhere.
     I hope you will join us on a roller-coaster ride of discussions!
In the words that you and all others write, you will find anything you want. But, you will also come to realize that we all are subject to a cosmic resonance that causes us to do what we do.
     And in that realization, you will find unity of spirit, and ultimately find,
Peace and Love,
Marty and Luckylee, Poppyhead, Sissygirl (my cats)

Supernatural3
Posted 1/24/2008 8:47 AM (#3526 - in reply to #3514)

PhD Alumni

Welcome~ I think you will enjoy our discussions, they do get deep, but make you think. LOVE IT!

Open the mind and you will see all there is to everything~

The answers are there too~ all you have to do is remember~

Blessings~
Jill
Omjah
Posted 1/24/2008 3:26 PM (#3534 - in reply to #3514)

UMS Guest

What a relief it is to broaden one's perspective, to be freed from the confines of my limited judgments. Welcome Anthony!
Rose
Posted 3/17/2008 1:17 PM (#3842 - in reply to #3514)

Student

I disagree, there's a reason for religion. To discount no need for it at all would be to deny the benefits it has served. There are those negative aspects but there are plenty of positive benefits as well. We need structure in our societies otherwise there would be anarchy.

I don't like or agree with the wars brought about by faiths, but I believe this comes about because of the intergrating of peoples who standards and beliefs simply don't mix. We need space to allow societies to function and develop as they need. But to force all these societies to live amongst one another is like trying to get red ants, black ants, etc. to combine and get along. Even in the animal and insect kingdoms they know enough to keep their space and distance from one another or else there will be conflict that could result in death.

So my only question is how to we get that space and still co-exist peacefully?
MollyB
Posted 3/17/2008 1:57 PM (#3843 - in reply to #3514)

Student

Welcome Anthony! You will enjoy yourself here, my friend!

And to Rose, in answer to your question....maybe we should all stop breeding for awhile. Unlikely to happen, of course, but an answer nonetheless.
instinctual
Posted 3/17/2008 2:13 PM (#3844 - in reply to #3514)

PhD Alumni

Welcome Anthony!