A dream for interpretation
danny.israel
Posted 1/23/2008 3:10 AM (#3505)
Subject: A dream for interpretation

Student

hola, hello,

Last night I had a dream, I came to this house hoping I could move in for a little while, I got a spot in the upstairs on the top bunk. I took long baths sometimes and I do this in real life too. I heard that there was some guy living in the basement, well eventually, I'm not sure how it came to be I was the only one left in the house other than him and he was very angry. He locked me in the basement and said now you'll see what it's like (paraphrasing), he turned the water on in the bath. water dripped down everywhere (through broken pipes), he was going to kill me by drowning me. He left a lighter which I wanted to use to burn through the door but everything was wet. I don't recall being too coherent as to sequences of events, just scared and trying to escape and sort of fighting this man, but not very physically more with ideas like talking to him through the door or something.

Any takers?

I've noticed my dreams manifest in the next couple of days or so, so I'll be keeping my eyes open.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
whitelion342
Posted 1/23/2008 5:23 AM (#3506 - in reply to #3505)
Subject: RE: A dream for interpretation

Hey Danny, i have a sense that perhaps your not ready to move into a new house of change.This man that lives in the basement might have been the old you, as you have not physically fought him, you have internal struggles with your own thoughts..The basement is the deepest room in your mind..There where no one can come in..You went for a bath, which could symbolize your own cleansing too..In short, you , i guess we all often find a glorious moment of good faith every now and then, and just like that, quickly we trip up, so we do the next best thing, and that is to somehow judge ourselves..Something ive learned in this short month is that it is possible to love myself unconditionally, to know that all the things i go through are just temporary, and the sooner i learn to love myself, give myself a break, the quicker i may move into a new domain or a house..Hope this could help in some way, Found myself having also a house dream a while ago..
Aurora
Tracy
Posted 1/23/2008 2:56 PM (#3509 - in reply to #3505)
Subject: RE: A dream for interpretation

Student

The man in the basement is also an aspect of you, one that is holding anger. The threat seems to be that if you connect with your anger you will experience a flood of emotions that you believe may be too overwhelming. Your process has already begun, you have made a commitment towards your own healing, and there is no turning back, no escape. You are in the process of communicating with deep and hidden aspects of yourself and your unconscious. That part of you that is more logically oriented feels threatened. It is also reminiscent of the egoic fear of its own death as you progress in your spiritual awakening.

But regardless of what anyone else says, the symbolism is personally meaningful to you, as is the interpretation.