Pay it forward....(like the movie)
Supernatural3
Posted 12/15/2007 11:49 AM (#3217)
Subject: Pay it forward....(like the movie)

PhD Alumni

I think it's time for us all to really do something nice -at random.

Lets write it here:

Last night I did a house healing for a woman who lived a couple blocks away and was having troubles due to a haunting. I don't ever charge and i didn't ask for anything in return. They did tell me that their night sleep was finally a good calm night with no ghostly disturbance. FIRST TIME IN MONTHS. I feel like it worked, we shall see.

I plan on doing lots of little minor things, like helping people with doors at a store, or letting people in line, if i see they are struggling, or letting someone go first at a stop sign, etc. I normally do anyway, but i am going to purposely look for ways to help others.

I feel we metaphysical people have one up on the majority of people out there, because of our spiritual knowledge, so why not GIVE back to those who may just be having a rotten day. My goal is to get as many people to smile each and every day that i can.

HUGS to you,
Jillybean~
Top of the page Bottom of the page
soulfire
Posted 12/15/2007 12:53 PM (#3218 - in reply to #3217)
Subject: RE: Pay it forward....(like the movie)

Alumni

I totally agree with you. We try to do as much as we can when we're out in town also and if nothing else put out an energy of happiness & joy. I can't tell you how many people look astonished at first when I simply smile at them. They are surprised and then they will smile back and I see them being happier toward others also. Many people are surprised b'cuz I'm in a wheelchair right now and they expect me to be despondent or at least resigned, but that wouldn't be the person I expect to be when I get out of this situation.

If nothing else put out gratitude. Like ripples in a pond it will continue to go out and affect many people. I can't do much for others right now, but I can do that. ~SF
Aquarius
Posted 12/16/2007 12:35 PM (#3223 - in reply to #3217)
Subject: RE: Pay it forward....(like the movie)

UMS Guest

THE VALUE OF A SMILE

The ability to smile is one of the finest and greatest gifts God ever bestowed upon our race. It is one of life’s most profound paradoxes, because although it is very valuable, a smile costs nothing; it is precious beyond compare, but like all the best things in life, it comes free. It has no intrinsic value and cannot be bought, begged, stolen or borrowed. It is a gift of love that can only be given away, ant it enriches both its giver and receiver.

A smile is a vital part of life’s magic. It can act like a light that someone suddenly switches on, in a darkened room. It can make the plainest face beautiful; and though it takes but a moment, its memory may linger forever in someone’s heart and soul. A smile can create happiness wherever we place it: in the home, between friends and in business. It is a signal of goodwill between all people; nature’s best antidote to trouble; rest to the weary; daylight to the discouraged; and a ray of sunshine to the sad. And no-one needs a smile as much as those who feel as if they had nothing to smile about. So, next time you meet someone who seems to have forgotten how to smile, why not give them the gift of one of yours?

God communicates with us through people and smiling that comes from the heart is part of the universal language of love. It requires no interpreter; everybody understands it. A genuine smile helps us to find God in everyone; it opens our heart and soul to another and says to them: ‘I love you; you are my sibling.’ Smiling may take courage, because we make ourselves vulnerable and risk rejection. But it’s worthwhile trying, for when the other smiles back, their soul opens to us. We are then looking at each other through the eyes of God, who loves us enough in all our pain and confusion, to send someone along who gives us a smile and reassures us. When we smile, we take part in the goodness of heaven. We are bringing a small piece of Heaven down to the Earth, to share it with others, wherever we may find ourselves.

This is dedicated to my friend Eva, who is now in the world of light. When she was still with us, at eighty-eight and wheelchair bound, she had the most infectious and glorious smile. It was magical to see her face light us, as she gave you one of her smiles. It made her look incredibly young, and I could see her soul’s secret beauty radiating into our world, like a bright golden Star. Anyone could then see with their own eyes that it is true that our soul and spirit ageless and eternally young. Oh yes, seeing is believing!

Anon.

Edited by Aquarius