Unseen Worlds
Metatron
Posted 12/11/2007 4:16 PM (#3160)
Subject: Unseen Worlds

The most profound story I’ve ever read comes one from one of Carlos Castaneda’s books, I can’t recall which one, but it was like many of his “tales of eternity” they always hint at more than they actually say .

This one starts with the old shaman Don Juan and his apprentice the anthropology student Carlos observing some desert creatures as they scurried about in the desert chaparral.

Don Juan commented that a man could survive in the dessert by hunting those animals, But first you would need to study them and know their habits.
He explain how they followed a pattern that could be mapped as a circle around a burrow. Once these feeding cycles are learned snares could be set and escape routes could be routed, so the animals own cyclical behavior became its venerability.
But he warned his apprentice, as you follow these behaviors and set your snares every day in the same way, you also make yourself venerable because you too are being observed.
He said there were predators even more attuned to theses circular patterns of the dessert, so some day something could be waiting for you along one of your well worn paths.

He went on to say that there existed in nature an ultimate balance between awareness of these cyclical movements in the world and a spontaneity of action in ones self, an unpredictability that wells up from the spirit.
Once this balance is achieved the hunter becomes a “magical warrior.”
“A magical warrior can never be trapped” don Juan said or “be caught without an escape route,” because he can never be reduced to behaviors .

This “warrior’s path” are no longer connected to cycles of the world, but of the spirit, thus he can always “see” what is coming without being seen himself.

Also, he said there existed in the world animals “magical creatures.” that have achieved this balance.

Don Juan recounted that he himself had achieved this state as a young man and became a magical warrior, and seemed to always know instinctively what to do in any situation, until one day he was hunting on a heavily forested ridge top. He remembered hearing a strange sound that sent shivers though his body.

He knew instinctively that he was to about to have an encounter with a magical creature, and for the first time since he had reached this state he had no clue what to do.

So he did the most illogical thing. He stood on his head and began to cry, after some time he felt something breathing in his ear, he fell over in a sitting position and looked up at the most beautiful deer that he had ever seen, and then it spoke “ Why are you crying ?” the deer inquired “ Because I'm sad ” Don Juan heard himself reply, then he remembered the deer lowered his head and said very clearly “ Don’t be sad ” and ambled away.

After listening to Don Juan’s story, Carlos, being an anthropologist and a man of logic and science, replied that the story was ridicules “deer’s do not talk !” he said “I know I know” the old shaman replied “It was the damnedest thing.”

-----------------------------------------------------------

If the Creator were to bestow a new set of senses upon us, or slightly remodel the present ones, leaving all the rest of nature unchanged, we should never doubt we were in another world, and so in strict reality we should be,
just as if all the world besides our senses were changed.
John Muir

Edited by Metatron 12/11/2007 4:20 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tracy
Posted 12/11/2007 4:58 PM (#3163 - in reply to #3160)
Subject: RE: Unseen Worlds

Student

I ambled down to my garden one day, feeling lonesome and separated from the love of family and friends. I sat on the ground. Behind me, on the other side of a fence, a dog had gotten himself stuck. He couldn't move at all. A branch had grabbed onto his collar and he was sitting in the full sun panting. He was a huge dog who I didn't know so hesitantly I reached in. I had to take the chance of removing his entire collar and hold him and hope that he wouldn't runaway or bite me. He crawled under the fence and sat next to me and I replaced his collar. We sat together and I petted him and said "thanks for the company! You are the Universe's answer to my need." The dog sat in his most regal and dignified pose and said, "Of course. I am a Dog you know, that's God spelled backwards." But that is ridiculous too, dogs don't talk. Hah!
whitelion342
Posted 12/12/2007 12:05 AM (#3168 - in reply to #3160)

To have the mind of a child and to believe that everything is an adventure, i cant help but feel like Alice ..Many times it is possible to experience the unexpected because i have created this within myself,therefore the universe cannot control me, i am merely flowing along side it like a leaf on a river..It is one of many things that we find ourselves caught up in,fear of the unknown, slowly paralizing our senses in which ever way we are sensitive to..Then again, does not fear have only its roots in the humaness of our souls ? I find myself praying and meditating to ask for a stronger more alert awareness of my thoughts, and the voice responds to me "be like soft rain ".So my mind goes to the point of quietness of being..and i become a blessed spectator in the journey of love and Oneness within myself..We are what we are..
Love and fire
Aurora
Metatron
Posted 12/12/2007 9:20 AM (#3177 - in reply to #3160)

Whitelion said this ''Many times it is possible to experience the unexpected because i have created this within myself''

The best questions that can be asked are, what is the universe doing ? what is its “intent”.

Then instead of seeking an answer, seek instead a dynamical view point that creates more questions more mystery. This way conciseness takes the shape of an ever expanding deepening pool.
Most humans see the world as something to be defined and dispatched into categories.
This kills the universe by focusing more attention on the map than territory.
Scientist sometime believe that their view point are the only view points, just as religions dogma sometimes limit’s the potential of experiencing the territory of the internal and eternal.
This “second attention” can not be gained though a consensus, it can only be achieved by the individual spirit aligning with the great spirit.
This spiritual maturity is always preceded by acts of faith. These are acts of letting go, Letting go the comfort of the social view point. Letting go judgment. Letting go the constant comparisons we make between ourselves and our fellow man. Letting go of self image.

I came across this passage in, Return Of The Bird Tribes

Trust in God by honoring and trusting your intuitive sense. No God would create a creature without the wisdom to chart its own course! Trust the nature of your own design. God’s actions appear within your awareness as the most natural thing for you to do . Following them will reconnect you with the awesome powers of the universe, for all your actions will then be in harmony with the underlying intent of the life force itself.
Ken Cary
---------------------------
------
Whitelion342, ''I am merely flowing along side it like a leaf on a river..''

Reminders for the Advanced Soul
in
"Illusions - The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah"
by Richard Bach - 1977

Once there lived a village of creatures along the bottom of a great crystal river.

The current of the river swept silently over them all - young and old, rich and poor, good and evil, the current going its own way, knowing only its own crystal self.

Each creature in its own manner clung tightly to the twigs and rocks at the river bottom, for clinging was their way of life, and resisting the current what each had learned from birth.

But one creature said at last, 'I am tired of clinging. Though I cannot see it with my eyes, I trust that the current knows where it is going. I shall let go, and let it take me where it will. Clinging, I shall die of boredom.'

The other creatures laughed and said, 'Fool! Let go, and that current you worship will throw you tumbled and smashed across the rocks, and you shall die quicker than boredom!'

But the one heeded them not, and taking a breath did let go, and at once was tumbled and smashed by the current across the rocks.

Yet in time, as the creature refused to cling again, the current lifted him free from the bottom, and he was bruised and hurt no more.

And the creatures downstream, to whom he was a stranger, cried, 'See a miracle! A creature like ourselves, yet he flies! See the Messiah, come to save us all!'

And the one carried in the current said, 'I am no more Messiah than you. The river delights to lift us free, if only we dare let go. Our true work is this voyage, this adventure.'

But they cried the more, 'Saviour!' all the while clinging to the rocks, and when they looked again he was gone, and they were left alone making legends of a Savior.

Edited by Metatron 12/12/2007 9:25 AM
Metatron
Posted 12/12/2007 9:49 AM (#3178 - in reply to #3160)

Whitelion wrote; ''To have the mind of a child and to believe that everything is an adventure,''
''It is one of many things that we find ourselves caught up in,fear of the unknown,''

All of us arrive accompanied by a point of darkness, the void whence we came and that we will return. I’ve come to see that some humans place this point directly in front of them and draw energy and guidance from it.
The voids darkness perceived without fear becomes a creative source infusing life with a mysterious air, always hinting at something deeper giving dreams meaning, transforming birds into messengers. However this view can only be maintained though a humble child like curiosity of the heart, as well as a sobriety of the mind found in a hunter or scientist.
This balance will at opportune times propel you though the void to experience the “ second attention” However some have placed this point behind them, and attempt to use the point as a depository of bad memories. This results in the perception of a world that is constantly threatened by the void.
Fear then becomes the director that orders the world around us.

-----------------------------------------
"Don Jaun’s argument was that most of our energy goes into upholding our

importance. This is most obvious in our endless worry about the presentation

of the self, about whether or not we are admired or liked or acknowledged.

He reasoned that if we were capable of losing some of that importance, two

extraordinary things would happen to us. One, we would free our energy from

trying to maintain the illusory idea of our grandeur, and two ,we would

provide ourselves with enough energy to enter into the second attention to

catch a glimpse of the actual grandeur of the universe".........

To seek freedom is the only driving force I know.

Freedom to fly off into that infinity out there.

Freedom to dissolve; to lift off; to be like the

flame of a candle, which, in spite of being up

against the light of a billion stars, remains

intact, because it never pretended to be more

than what it is: a mere candle."

Carlos Castaneda