2 significant dreams
soulfire
Posted 11/29/2007 11:17 AM (#3059)
Subject: 2 significant dreams

Alumni

This past week I have had 2 significant dreams. I know this because the only ones that ever stay with me past morning are usually prophetic or significant to me in some way.

The first was a dream about an herb I used to grow. I used to grow it and it died about 5y ago. So I know I need to get it. I had a dream that it was growing everywhere in my yard. It is Comfrey (Symphytum-sp?). I need to find what the spiritual meanings of this might be.

The second was about an egg. At first in my dream it was fried, then scrambled, then as I contemplated it, it became whole again. I was left with the last vision of my dream being of a pure white whole egg. I never dream about food. Ever. I also know an egg is symbolic of the universe. I wonder if I am creating a new universe...

I posted this as I would welcome any thoughts on this from my fellow students.

~SF
Top of the page Bottom of the page
whitelion342
Posted 11/30/2007 6:02 AM (#3068 - in reply to #3059)
Subject: RE: 2 significant dreams

hello Soulfire,
Well your dream signifies your name, truly we are fiery souls..love it..If i may add to what you have dreamt, firstly the egg dream is the present, you are the egg, as you contemplate, the egg changes its shape, our auras around us and our souls are like eggs,soft etheric and very changeable, like gel.U are creating your own universe, we evolve constantly..the first dream is what you went through, perhaps a tough time in the present, im guessing,but not stating..comfrey plants have healing properties, perhaps you miss a more lovlier time you had,which you cannot find now, simply because we are in the present..So to come back to now,which is also the power of one, as i feel it has been trying to channel itself to me,even if i thought i could ignore it..chuckle
You are now at the beginning of yourself,the journey we all take is always to ourselves, it is also a journey where we do not carry any luggage with us,only your sandals and your love filled soul,the heart of understanding..Forgive me if i bounce about, i speak as im led to..I trust you are blessed and that this might have helped in some way, only you already gave yourself the answer, since the answers are in the questions we ask..
Love and Fire
Aurora
soulfire
Posted 11/30/2007 12:05 PM (#3071 - in reply to #3068)

Alumni

Whitelion - I sent you a Private Message. Thank you for your perspective.
Card Zero
Posted 11/30/2007 1:49 PM (#3072 - in reply to #3059)

A casual search turns up the information that comfrey has a long history as a medicinal plant. It was once called "knitbone" and was used to treat fractures. Apparently it speeds up cell renewal. It's also a perennial, as you probably knew if you cultivated it. From a metaphysical standpoint, the theme of renewal/rebirth seems to be standing out here. Eggs are also (of course) traditional symbols of rebirth and renewal, and spring (perennials bloom every spring). Perhaps there's some kind of rebirth that is happening or needs to happen in your life?

Dream symbols are incredibly personal, so you're really the only one who can tell if this explanation resonates with you. But if you are feeling an urge to revisit comfrey, perhaps it's worth contemplating what feelings and experiences you associate with growing it as you once did. You might also want to contemplate the feelings that came up when you were dreaming these dreams. Were they positive/negative? Are there other times in your life when you've felt a similar way?

I believe in acting out my significant dreams to a certain extent--if these dreams happened to me, I would probably consider growing comfrey again, and being mindful of what the new experience has to teach me.
soulfire
Posted 12/1/2007 11:21 AM (#3076 - in reply to #3072)

Alumni

Thank you for your replies. I have long known about the healing properties of comfrey. That's why I grew it. I used to study herbs. I use it in my facial moisturizer and love the plant, but never thought of the spiritual things it could signify. I'm also getting down to the last of my dried supply of it.

I appreciate the reminder to look symbolically at the dreams. I did intuit most of this, but both of you brought out points I hadn't considered and I'm grateful. It is interesting to me that both of you brought up similar things. They go along with the fact that I am reinventing my life. UMS is playing a significant part in that, but I am literally going from night to day in every aspect of my lilfe. It is what needs to happen for me to heal. So perhaps my dreams were very symbolic.... But I'm going to get some comfrey all the same. :D

Thanks and gratitude~SF